Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:43:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:31:00 PM

After one month today i got upgraded, i'm now trying to withdraw my money

Under your previous Level if you add up the days and the amount allowed, the funds withdrawn should have also been accrued vs time. So if you were only allowed $25 a day and you have waited a month you should all of the sudden be allowed to withdraw $750 since that transaction started 30 days ago. This means that by stopping a large transaction they now have to abide by their own timeline and apply it to that entire transaction. So if the transaction was $750 it would take 30 days to clear. They can't stop the transaction due to a limit, they can only start the timeline to the amounts they set per level. So this is illegal under their own statements if they didn't release the funds after X amount of days. You had a transaction and a level so they need to apply the time vs amounts to it and then allow it to be released after X amount of time.

So technically after this amount of time you should not have to upgrade or give your identity to get the total funds out. The time has passed and the transaction was started a month ago so they need to release the funds with no questions asked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:08:53 PM

Under your previous Level if you add up the days and the amount allowed, the funds withdrawn should have also been accrued vs time. So if you were only allowed $25 a day and you have waited a month you should all of the sudden be allowed to withdraw $750 since that transaction started 30 days ago. This means that by stopping a large transaction they now have to abide by their own timeline and apply it to that entire transaction. So if the transaction was $750 it would take 30 days to clear. They can't stop the transaction due to a limit, they can only start the timeline to the amounts they set per level. So this is illegal under their own statements if they didn't release the funds after X amount of days. You had a transaction and a level so they need to apply the time vs amounts to it and then allow it to be released after X amount of time.

So technically after this amount of time you should not have to upgrade or give your identity to get the total funds out. The time has passed and the transaction was started a month ago so they need to release the funds with no questions asked.

Good luck with that...  Just get your coin out slowly and bite the withdrawal fee bullet... then stop using craptsy.

This space not for rent...
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 06:06:17 PM

You seem to be confused. It clearly says that the monthly limit is $100, you can't claim it's $750 "under their own statements":

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:26:02 PM

Sooo.. this is really just them coming in line with KYC and people having level 0 accounts....

MERICA
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:37:40 PM

Sooo.. this is really just them coming in line with KYC and people having level 0 accounts....

MERICA

No... if they were coming into line with KYC they would require full identification verification for FIAT transactions, both incoming and outgoing...  oh wait, they do...

Well... then I guess if they're "coming in line with KYC" for non-FIAT transactions then they would limit all transactions to zero unless verified... since that's what KYC regulations state for the US...

Oh wait... they don't...  see above or below:

While KYC rules vary from country to country, the most stringent, which also happens to be the country of record for Cryptsy, is the US which states (taken from PwC's KYC guide):

Q8. Are there minimum transaction thresholds, under which customer due diligence is not required?
If Yes, what are the various thresholds in place?
A8. No - basic due diligence is required for all accounts/customers regardless of transaction amounts.

So... I raise my bullshit flag.

EDIT:  Also, "tier 1" is not KYC verification.  It's "tell me who you are and I'll trust you"...  so again... I raise my bullshit flag.

This space not for rent...
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 06:44:36 PM

All withdrawals stucked, again, even if verified.

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:03:08 AM

i embezzled the air i breath from the sky !
But hey maybe let's talk about Cryptsy ?
Class Action does any of you think this is actually going to happen ?
I don't think so and my opinions are important business !

The company is in Belize and their Canadian and US subsidiaries likely don:t have any assets. What lawyer would pay their own money to run a class action with the potential to make 30-50% of basically nothing.

Realistically, courts are not going to do anything for you. The only thing you might be able to do is file a complaint with the FTC in the US or similar. Keep in mind that cryptsy trades about 500 BTC/day on a good day. Their revenue is about 1% of that. It's a business that likely makes about  5 - 7 BTC/day if they are lucky (including sponsorship or whatever side deals). Nobody is going to put together a class action against $600k/year business. There's not likely much left after they pay salaries, expenses, buy equipment, etc.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:01:20 AM

As posted by someone else before I think gox and cryptsy are way different. While manipulation took place on gox and probably on crypsty too. didn't gox also have...in tandem with willy bot, the creation of phantom accounts where fiat came out of nowhere to buy btc. That will drive prices up...no doubt

Also I don't think gox or crypsty qualify as a Ponzi's. Embezzlement at Gox and maybe scamming customers by crypsty (certainly done by mods on a number of occasions) are not Ponzi schemes.

That's also where complaints against them with the AEG in florida, may have the most impact. If mods are compensated by crypsty then as employees or contractors they may have some sort of fiduciary responsibility not to act on inside knowledge, manipulate markets and the like.... which most seem to feel has been done by them many times.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:33:17 AM

Source: mullick here..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=481015.msg9338361#msg9338361

Quote Source:
http://blog.cryptsy.com/post/100831839452/response-regarding-lawsuit

Response regarding lawsuit

There was quite a bit of PR pushed out yesterday from a law firm that stated that they were filing a lawsuit against Cryptsy and myself. The complaint alleges that Crytpsy misled users and was negligent in security. They represent a single user.  We have close to 300,000 users at this point. We have reviewed the unofficial complaint and believe that it is without merit. We intend to defend the case vigorously.

We would like to note that we have not received any documentation or official notification concerning any lawsuit yet.  We also find it unprofessional that the law firm decided to push out such a large PR campaign prior to serving any notice.  It should also be noted that according to the user terms of our site, disputes are to be handled via arbitration.  

We realize that there have been a few "Bad Actors" in the crypto-currency space running exchanges and other services.  Cryptsy strives for transparency and doing what is right.  This lawsuit attempts to place us in the same group as many of these bad actors, but this is simply not how we operate.  We are not a fly by night operation, we are a company that plans to be around for a long time.   Our desire is to be the model of how to operate a crypto business.

As I’m sure many of you are aware, we take security very seriously.  We pride ourselves on being one of the most secure places to trade on the internet.  The crypto-currency space has been the target for a lot of hackers over the last year due to the increase in value of Bitcoin.  These hackers  not only target Cryptsy users, but users of many other Bitcoin services.  

In this case the attack on the user making the claim came from within their own computer.  This is currently one of the most common attacks by hackers.   While we try to educate our users on how to secure their local environment, we ultimately have no control of a users computer system.

So as a reminder I’d like to reiterate a few security tips:

- Do not leave your computer logged into your Cryptsy account when you are away from your computer

- Do not install browser extensions from unknown developers

- Do not install mining software from unknown developers on the same computer you use to access Cryptsy

- Run a virus scan regularly.  

- Make sure you use 2fa on your Cryptsy account

Paul Vernon
“BigVern”
Cryptsy.com

Oct 24th, 2014
    5 notes

FUD first & ask questions later™
GoldSeal
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:13:50 AM

Quote Source:

There was quite a bit of PR pushed out yesterday from a law firm that stated that they were filing a lawsuit against Cryptsy and myself. The complaint alleges that Crytpsy misled users and was negligent in security. They represent a single user.  We have close to 300,000 users at this point. We have reviewed the unofficial complaint and believe that it is without merit. We intend to defend the case vigorously.

We would like to note that we have not received any documentation or official notification concerning any lawsuit yet.  We also find it unprofessional that the law firm decided to push out such a large PR campaign prior to serving any notice.  It should also be noted that according to the user terms of our site, disputes are to be handled via arbitration.  

We realize that there have been a few "Bad Actors" in the crypto-currency space running exchanges and other services.  Cryptsy strives for transparency and doing what is right.  This lawsuit attempts to place us in the same group as many of these bad actors, but this is simply not how we operate.  We are not a fly by night operation, we are a company that plans to be around for a long time.   Our desire is to be the model of how to operate a crypto business.

As I’m sure many of you are aware, we take security very seriously.  We pride ourselves on being one of the most secure places to trade on the internet.  The crypto-currency space has been the target for a lot of hackers over the last year due to the increase in value of Bitcoin.  These hackers  not only target Cryptsy users, but users of many other Bitcoin services.  

In this case the attack on the user making the claim came from within their own computer.  This is currently one of the most common attacks by hackers.   While we try to educate our users on how to secure their local environment, we ultimately have no control of a users computer system.

- Do not leave your computer logged into your Cryptsy account when you are away from your computer

- Do not install mining software from unknown developers on the same computer you use to access Cryptsy

Paul Vernon
“BigVern”
Cryptsy.com

Oct 24th, 2014
    5 notes

Yes. This is regarding the lawsuit filed by silvers law after a guy tried to get his coins back from cryptsy following the Bitcoin Saving & Trust fiasco. It's like a year old and I believe they settled it.

http://silverlaw.com/media/news-releases/246-2/

What is the point of posting this exactly?

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:23:58 AM

ahh my bad then i thought it was posted OCT 2015 (not 2014)
so i figured it was a response to this topic pretty much (didn't really read it sorry people)

FUD first & ask questions later™
cohnhead

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:32:33 AM

Quote Source:

Paul Vernon
“BigVern”
Cryptsy.com

Oct 24th, 2014
    5 notes

Yes. This is regarding the lawsuit filed by silvers law after a guy tried to get his coins back from cryptsy following the Bitcoin Saving & Trust fiasco. It's like a year old and I believe they settled it.

do you know what the settlement was?

didn't that shavers guy actually get a jail sentence as he was running a Ponzi
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:29:59 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 05:42:45 AM by CryptoNick

You seem to be confused. It clearly says that the monthly limit is $100, you can't claim it's $750 "under their own statements":

I thought $25 daily meant ummm Daily? WTF? $100 a month? New Cryptsy Motto... When we say Daily we mean that there are only 4 days in the Month!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:52:46 AM

I thought $25 daily meant ummm Daily? WTF? $100 a month? New Cryptsy Motto... When we say Daily we mean that there are only 4 days in the Month!

Tier 1 members get to enjoy 5 days in a month. HAHAHA
1990BEARS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:05:09 AM

i only use cryptsy for small transaction and it work fine. i hope all issue is resolve for you guys soon though!!
GoldSeal
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:38:42 AM

Quote Source:

There was quite a bit of PR pushed out yesterday from a law firm that stated that they were filing a lawsuit against Cryptsy and myself. The complaint alleges that Crytpsy misled users and was negligent in security. They represent a single user.  We have close to 300,000 users at this point. We have reviewed the unofficial complaint and believe that it is without merit. We intend to defend the case vigorously.

We would like to note that we have not received any documentation or official notification concerning any lawsuit yet.  We also find it unprofessional that the law firm decided to push out such a large PR campaign prior to serving any notice.  It should also be noted that according to the user terms of our site, disputes are to be handled via arbitration. 

We realize that there have been a few "Bad Actors" in the crypto-currency space running exchanges and other services.  Cryptsy strives for transparency and doing what is right.  This lawsuit attempts to place us in the same group as many of these bad actors, but this is simply not how we operate.  We are not a fly by night operation, we are a company that plans to be around for a long time.   Our desire is to be the model of how to operate a crypto business.

As I’m sure many of you are aware, we take security very seriously.  We pride ourselves on being one of the most secure places to trade on the internet.  The crypto-currency space has been the target for a lot of hackers over the last year due to the increase in value of Bitcoin.  These hackers  not only target Cryptsy users, but users of many other Bitcoin services.   

In this case the attack on the user making the claim came from within their own computer.  This is currently one of the most common attacks by hackers.   While we try to educate our users on how to secure their local environment, we ultimately have no control of a users computer system.

Paul Vernon
“BigVern”
Cryptsy.com

Oct 24th, 2014
    5 notes

If they settled out of court, there is no way to find out. They wouldn't have had to disclose it.

This is a copy of the complaint:
https://www.manatt.com/uploadedFiles/Content/4_News_and_Events/Newsletters/BankingLaw@manatt/2014-10-24%20--%20Cryptsy%20Complaint.pdf

Keep in mind that Cryptsy's user agreement states that you agree to settle all disputes via arbitration if you use their service. So, filing a lawsuit in a real court could be a problem for an individual.

https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/terms

23. Applicable Law and Venue

These Terms and your use of the Site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Florida, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms not subject to arbitration (as set forth below), will be filed only in the state and federal courts located in Palm Beach County, Florida and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms.

24. Arbitration

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES WITH CRYPTSY INTERNATIONAL AND IT LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF.

Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the breach of these Terms, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of net-ARB.com. The costs of arbitration shall be initially borne by the party initiating arbitration and later apportioned by the arbitrator. The arbitrator's decision will be binding and may not be appealed. A judgment of a court having jurisdiction may be entered upon the arbitrator's award.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
extrobot

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:01:58 AM

cryptsy has been fine for me...no issues
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 10:00:34 AM

Quote Source:

There was quite a bit of PR pushed out yesterday from a law firm that stated that they were filing a lawsuit against Cryptsy and myself. The complaint alleges that Crytpsy misled users and was negligent in security. They represent a single user.  We have close to 300,000 users at this point. We have reviewed the unofficial complaint and believe that it is without merit. We intend to defend the case vigorously.

We would like to note that we have not received any documentation or official notification concerning any lawsuit yet.  We also find it unprofessional that the law firm decided to push out such a large PR campaign prior to serving any notice.  It should also be noted that according to the user terms of our site, disputes are to be handled via arbitration. 

We realize that there have been a few "Bad Actors" in the crypto-currency space running exchanges and other services.  Cryptsy strives for transparency and doing what is right.  This lawsuit attempts to place us in the same group as many of these bad actors, but this is simply not how we operate.  We are not a fly by night operation, we are a company that plans to be around for a long time.   Our desire is to be the model of how to operate a crypto business.

As I’m sure many of you are aware, we take security very seriously.  We pride ourselves on being one of the most secure places to trade on the internet.  The crypto-currency space has been the target for a lot of hackers over the last year due to the increase in value of Bitcoin.  These hackers  not only target Cryptsy users, but users of many other Bitcoin services.   

In this case the attack on the user making the claim came from within their own computer.  This is currently one of the most common attacks by hackers.   While we try to educate our users on how to secure their local environment, we ultimately have no control of a users computer system.

Paul Vernon
“BigVern”
Cryptsy.com

Oct 24th, 2014
    5 notes

If they settled out of court, there is no way to find out. They wouldn't have had to disclose it.

This is a copy of the complaint:
https://www.manatt.com/uploadedFiles/Content/4_News_and_Events/Newsletters/BankingLaw@manatt/2014-10-24%20--%20Cryptsy%20Complaint.pdf

Keep in mind that Cryptsy's user agreement states that you agree to settle all disputes via arbitration if you use their service. So, filing a lawsuit in a real court could be a problem for an individual.

https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/terms

23. Applicable Law and Venue

These Terms and your use of the Site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Florida, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms not subject to arbitration (as set forth below), will be filed only in the state and federal courts located in Palm Beach County, Florida and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of these Terms.

24. Arbitration

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES WITH CRYPTSY INTERNATIONAL AND IT LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF.

Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms, or the breach of these Terms, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of net-ARB.com. The costs of arbitration shall be initially borne by the party initiating arbitration and later apportioned by the arbitrator. The arbitrator's decision will be binding and may not be appealed. A judgment of a court having jurisdiction may be entered upon the arbitrator's award.

This doesn't apply to Tort law. If users were deceived within the agreement and it violates standard law or shows malicious willful intent to deceive or has shown deceptive practices like banning and not responding to inquiries and all other grievances listed in this thread, it shows willful intent. So it can be proven as a class action since you can not amend a contract to include Tort Liability when Fraud or Civil Malfeasance is involved. These are Civil actions and outside the scope of any agreement. You would think ebay has an arbitration clause yet they get hit with Class Actions all the time and are forced to pay. This is because ebay did something illegal or misrepresented or unintentional to harm its users.
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:37:18 AM

dragonseer353
If support were replying to tickets then maybe we wouldn't be trying to post here, I have had a withdrawal stuck for 2 hours now Sad
Nordman
@dragonseer353: it might help if you posted a ticket number but if not you will have to wait for them to get to your ticket
Nordman
NOTE: This chat box is not designed or intended for use in support. If you have a question, please send a ticket to cryptsy.freshdesk.com or email support on support@cryptsy.com
dragonseer353
ticket number #216960 I'll try the email as well
Nordman
@dragonseer353: please wait I have just passed it to support for you
*** System Message ***
dragonseer353 has been banned from chat for 1 day
JShock ♔
Chat is not where we handle support. Please utilize our ticket system

Go ahead cryptsy. Let's now ban people who trying to ask for help. Sure getting help here is a privilege not right. Support is made not for users but users for suport.
cohnhead

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:25:02 PM

dragonseer353
If support were replying to tickets then maybe we wouldn't be trying to post here, I have had a withdrawal stuck for 2 hours now Sad
Nordman
@dragonseer353: it might help if you posted a ticket number but if not you will have to wait for them to get to your ticket
Nordman
NOTE: This chat box is not designed or intended for use in support. If you have a question, please send a ticket to cryptsy.freshdesk.com or email support on support@cryptsy.com
dragonseer353
ticket number #216960 I'll try the email as well
Nordman
@dragonseer353: please wait I have just passed it to support for you
*** System Message ***
dragonseer353 has been banned from chat for 1 day
JShock ♔
Chat is not where we handle support. Please utilize our ticket system

Go ahead cryptsy. Let's now ban people who trying to ask for help. Sure getting help here is a privilege not right. Support is made not for users but users for suport.
seems kind of harsh punishment ...it is only a snippet of the conversation, so not sure what transpired before.
btw, did crypsty implement a pay to ban system ...so users in chat can ban another user...for a fee of course ot is that just a proposal?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: