May 08, 2024, 08:59:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237558 times)
martymcfly2015

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:02:55 AM

I think there's no need to have two ANN threads. I've asked abvhiael to share the account of this thread with me. We would have another person with access to the OP.
I'm not a dev and it's hard to find altruistic people to get in. I'm happy for the moment to help with the technical aspects of soil but if we want to continue here, we need more people in.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
holgerkpedersen

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

I think there's no need to have two ANN threads. I've asked abvhiael to share the account of this thread with me. We would have another person with access to the OP.
I'm not a dev and it's hard to find altruistic people to get in. I'm happy for the moment to help with the technical aspects of soil but if we want to continue here, we need more people in.

I'm a C# developer, but I guess , I could learn to develop on the blockchain as well. I'll be your apprentice @abvhiael.

I think it's good fun to try and understand the ideas driving a blockchain towards common goals in benefit of the community.

So, to be able to compile the currently available source code into a gsoil.exe for Windows might be one of my first goals in this group. I just need some help in doing it. Later, I think; i can be able to do it on my own.

cryptococcus

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 02:43:27 PM

I think its essential to get SOIL back to some exchange. Right now it is not visible anymore at coinmarketcap. I donated some (fraction of) BTC and would go for the direct listing at nova.

Right now the last block is 8h ago... How comes? Would also donate some SOIL to the development fund as soon as the chain moves again.

@abvhiael: good to hear from you  Smiley
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:48:56 PM

I'm a C# developer, but I guess , I could learn to develop on the blockchain as well. I'll be your apprentice @abvhiael.

I think it's good fun to try and understand the ideas driving a blockchain towards common goals in benefit of the community.

So, to be able to compile the currently available source code into a gsoil.exe for Windows might be one of my first goals in this group. I just need some help in doing it. Later, I think; i can be able to do it on my own.

How to compile gsoil under windows

Code:
Get Git from http://git-scm.com/downloads
Get go windows https://golang.org/dl/
Get http://win-builds.org/doku.php
Set Environment paths
Add GOROOT pointed to c:\go and GOPATH to c:\godev
Set PATH to %PATH%;%GOROOT%\bin;%GOPATH%\bin;c:\winbuilds\bin
Install godep: "go get -u github.com/tools/godep"
go get -d -u github.com/Soilcoin/go-soil.git
go to c:\godev\src\github.com\Soilcoin\gsoil\cmd\gsoil and run "godep go install"
Find the binary in c:\godev\bin
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:57:05 PM

I think its essential to get SOIL back to some exchange. Right now it is not visible anymore at coinmarketcap. I donated some (fraction of) BTC and would go for the direct listing at nova.

@abvhiael: good to hear from you  Smiley

That's really great! - @cryptococcus - I'm an idiot. If have deleted the community wallet, but I will refund what you've donated from my own bag. We should be soon on nova exchange!
cryptococcus

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 04:40:38 PM

@abvhiael: good to hear from you  Smiley

That's really great! - @cryptococcus - I'm an idiot. If have deleted the community wallet, but I will refund what you've donated from my own bag. We should be soon on nova exchange!

OK! I donated 0.05 BTC for the listing at nova exchange to the above mentioned BTC address. I might donate some more if others also step in.

I havent donated SOIL to the community wallet so far. Do you know why the last block was 10h ago? Someone stopped mining?
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:14:30 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 06:59:45 PM by Dunkelheit667

...Do you know why the last block was 10h ago? Someone stopped mining?
Yes, looks like a miner or pool stopped. The difficulty is relatively high. Will try to solo mine some blocks now to get the difficulty back to normal. Wink

edit: Nevermind, the big boy is back. Difficulty rising and the blockchain is running again. Wink

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
And when the machine stops, time is an illusion that we created free will.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:41:53 PM

My First Contract

It's easy to create a contract on the soilchain.

• Start SOILsafe.exe
  • Go to CONTRACTS
  • DEPLOY NEW CONTRACT
  • Copy the following code to SOLIDITY CONTRACT SOURCE CODE Box
Code:
contract SOILfaucet {
    address owner;
    uint256 sendAmount;
    mapping (address => uint) lastSent;
    uint blockLimit;
    function SOILfaucet(){
        owner = msg.sender;
        sendAmount = 500000000000000000;
        blockLimit = 86400;
    }
function getBalance() returns (uint){
    return address(this).balance;
}
function getSOIL() returns (bool){
   if(lastSent[msg.sender]<(block.number-blockLimit)&&address(this).balance>sendAmount){
       msg.sender.send(sendAmount);
       lastSent[msg.sender] = block.number;
       return true;
   } else {
       return false;
   }
}
function sendSOIL(address recp) returns (bool){
 if(lastSent[msg.sender]<(block.number-blockLimit)&&address(this).balance>sendAmount){
       recp.send(sendAmount);
       lastSent[msg.sender] = block.number;
       return true;
   } else {
       return false;
   }
}
function getBlockLimit() returns (uint){
 return blockLimit;
}
function setBlockLimit(uint limit) returns (bool){
 if(msg.sender==owner) {
       blockLimit = limit;
       return true;
   } else {
       return false;
   }
}
function setSendAmount(uint256 val) returns (bool){
   if(msg.sender==owner)   {
       sendAmount = val;
       return true;
   } else {
       return false;
   }
}
function getSendAmount() returns (uint256){
   return sendAmount;
}
function killSOILfaucet(){
   if(msg.sender==owner) {
       suicide(owner);
   }
}
}
  • SELECT CONTRACT TO DEPLOY - Pick SOILfaucet
  • Click DEPLOY
  • Now you have your own faucet contract on the soil chain!

Code:
sendAmount = 500000000000000000;
Means you will get a half soil if you query the faucet
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:44:18 PM

Import someone's contract

e.g. the SOILfaucet contract

• Start SOILsafe.exe
  • Go to CONTRACT
  • WATCH CONTRACT
  • CONTRACT NAME e.g.Soil Faucet
  • CONTRACT ADDRESS:
Code:
0xdac49860bee0e6d0775f69721459c411d62fd1bc
  • JSON INTERFACE:
Code:
[ { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "getSOIL", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "bool" } ], "type": "function", "displayName": "getSOIL" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [ { "name": "limit", "type": "uint256", "typeShort": "uint", "bits": "256", "displayName": "limit", "template": "elements_input_uint" } ], "name": "setBlockLimit", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "bool" } ], "type": "function", "displayName": "set Block Limit" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "getBalance", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "uint256" } ], "type": "function", "displayName": "get Balance" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [ { "name": "val", "type": "uint256", "typeShort": "uint", "bits": "256", "displayName": "val", "template": "elements_input_uint" } ], "name": "setSendAmount", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "bool" } ], "type": "function", "displayName": "set Send Amount" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "killSOILfaucet", "outputs": [], "type": "function", "displayName": "kill SOILfaucet" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "getBlockLimit", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "uint256" } ], "type": "function", "displayName": "get Block Limit" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [], "name": "getSendAmount", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "uint256" } ], "type": "function", "displayName": "get Send Amount" }, { "constant": false, "inputs": [ { "name": "recp", "type": "address", "typeShort": "address", "bits": "", "displayName": "recp", "template": "elements_input_address" } ], "name": "sendSOIL", "outputs": [ { "name": "", "type": "bool" } ], "type": "function", "displayName": "sendSOIL" }, { "inputs": [], "type": "constructor" } ]
  • Click OK

Now you can get a half soil out of the old SOILfaucet:
  • Start SOILsafe.exe
  • Go to CONTRACT
  • Select the imported Contract e.g.Soil Faucet
  • Pick a function -> getSOIL -> click EXECUTE
  • You should recive a half soil
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:45:55 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 11:26:14 PM by martymcfly2015

Howto join STATS

Aks for the password

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1176709.msg17805621#msg17805621

Stats Page:
http://soil.miners-zone.net:9090

Please note: You need a running gsoil instance with --rpc (rpc enabled) on you pc/server in order to join the stats

Linux:

Install node.js:
https://nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/

(ubuntu)
Code:
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_7.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs

Get and install eth-net-intelligence-api:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/Soilcoin/eth-net-intelligence-api.git
cd eth-net-intelligence-api
npm install
sudo npm install -g pm2

Edit the app.json file:
Code:
[
  {
    "name"              : "node-app",
    "script"            : "app.js",
    "log_date_format"   : "YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm Z",
    "merge_logs"        : false,
    "watch"             : false,
    "max_restarts"      : 10,
    "exec_interpreter"  : "node",
    "exec_mode"         : "fork_mode",
    "env":
    {
      "NODE_ENV"        : "production",
      "RPC_HOST"        : "localhost",
      "RPC_PORT"        : "39421",
      "LISTENING_PORT"  : "39420",
      "INSTANCE_NAME"   : "YOUR NODE NAME",
      "CONTACT_DETAILS" : "EMAIL, WALLET, WHATEVER",
      "WS_SERVER"       : "http://soil.miners-zone.net:9090",
      "WS_SECRET"       : "PUT IN HERE THE PASSWORD",
      "VERBOSITY"       : 2
    }
  }
]

Finally run the process with:
Code:
pm2 start app.json
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:48:37 PM

STATS DEMO

http://92.87.236.171:3000/
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:09:21 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2017, 03:44:44 PM by martymcfly2015

Any donation is greatly appreciated

community
[SOIL] 0xcddb9a3bcde8885911ce8697d18981fee082094f

martymcfly2015
[SOIL] 0x663682fd2d96064fdb2f152a56bab75d921065c0
BTC 17vKnSGtuegVi8LsSpQbJwDsNFdgrkwuwf

altsheets (blockexplorer for SOILcoin)
[SOIL] 0x8da4fc05ca343e6a41646194e91931d9f413a40c
BTC 1M4EaZVprZEmtrS3G78fMFy8yGVgdUJMXv
MB2016

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:39:22 PM

Abvhiael, good to see you post, hope you're feeling better and getting back on your feet.  Please post SOIL wallet address.  

Sorry haven't followed up in a bit.  Work has been crazy.  I still have the basic website for soil up www.cryptosoil.com, but was having trouble building out some of the links.  I used Weebly to save time, but some simple features seem glitchy and having trouble making direct edits to the code as a work around. I think all we need at this point is to have clean links to the ANN OP, the latest wallets, the BE, and maybe to link to an updated BE bootstrap so new users can get synched faster. I will try fix this week.  If anyone is interested in trying to work on website, PM me.    

I'm also in for trying to get community reserve built up again.  Looking forward, could we fork the code so that 5-10% of new blocks goes into a development fund?  This seems to be working really well for DASH.  Their block rewards are mined with a distribution that goes 45% to miners, 45% to masternodes (holders of 1000+ dash can run a masternode) and 10% into community fund.  Masternodes then vote on community projects.  They are able to do a heavy marketing push because they are well funded and able to mobilize with this system of governance.  I think SOIL should transition to a similar approach if possible.  No eth-based coin is doing this yet to my knowledge.  

Listing on exchange should definitely be the priority. Once up, I'll buy some and donate.   It's kind of crazy SOIL isn't listed.  More work to do, but further along then a lot of other coins that are listed.  
holgerkpedersen

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:06:29 PM

How to compile gsoil under windows

Code:
Get Git from http://git-scm.com/downloads
Get go windows https://golang.org/dl/
Get http://win-builds.org/doku.php
Set Environment paths
Add GOROOT pointed to c:\go and GOPATH to c:\godev
Set PATH to %PATH%;%GOROOT%\bin;%GOPATH%\bin;c:\winbuilds\bin
Install godep: "go get -u github.com/tools/godep"
go get -d -u github.com/Soilcoin/go-soil.git
go to c:\godev\src\github.com\Soilcoin\gsoil\cmd\gsoil and run "godep go install"
Find the binary in c:\godev\bin

Thanks, I'll try it out Wink
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:06:41 PM

Please donate to bypass voting and get direct novaexchange listing!

https://novaexchange.com/addcoin/

We have 0.051 Bitcoin now - thanks to cryptococcus!. This would be enougth to jump on the vote list.

0.04 BTC for adding us to the vote list.
0.40 BTC This option will bypass voting and get direct listing.

Any more donations to bypass voting and get direct listing?
Any tiny amount of BTC will be helpful.

BTC 1GKET7UpfyJQkZcviBCQfPGBXnaEJmyWnH

Dunkelheit667
Legendary

no degradation

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:32:46 PM

jFYI

Listing a coin on Cryptopia would cost 1.000.000 DOT. One DOT is ~ 0.00000023 BTC at the moment. With other words ~ 0.23 BTC to get SOIL listed. Just saying.

However, I would register to Novaexchange for the daily vote, no question. Smiley

"And the machine keeps pushing time through the cogs, like paste into strings into paste again, and only the machine keeps using time to make time to make time.
" - an unnamed Hybrid
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 03:09:59 AM

ive messaged bittrex regarding the delisting, and when i am up to date at the state of the homestead protocol for SOIL, i doubt having SOIL relisted there will be a problem. the exchange markets have changed a great deal in the last 8 months, with multi-wallet altoin apps with built in exchanges coming out, so there are many new options to explore. a couple further exchanges, even lower volume ones, would be beneficial.

ill see what sort of campaigns we can get set up as i get caught up on the state of the blockchain, and we can make sure to have those regularly updated on the OP by myself or marty.
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 03:46:16 AM

Abvhiael, good to see you post, hope you're feeling better and getting back on your feet.  Please post SOIL wallet address.  

thanks. so far the new medications have been working well and im able to start thinking again, which has been nice. (laughs) drooling idiot and me doesnt work so well. my original foundation address at 0xe46731382fbc47621a6c480d4b6118026bbbcb3a should still work, although i have to update my gsoil software once i hear back from marty as to the state of our protocols.

Sorry haven't followed up in a bit.  Work has been crazy.  I still have the basic website for soil up www.cryptosoil.com, but was having trouble building out some of the links.  I used Weebly to save time, but some simple features seem glitchy and having trouble making direct edits to the code as a work around. I think all we need at this point is to have clean links to the ANN OP, the latest wallets, the BE, and maybe to link to an updated BE bootstrap so new users can get synched faster. I will try fix this week.  If anyone is interested in trying to work on website, PM me.    

i can build out a website using the templates i have from the old one with updates from the industry specific stuff in teh OP. would be nice to have a blog on the page as well. part of the problem after peter left was losing the website and trying to build on a free site again.
https://www.one.com/ has a fairly cheap domain registry and hosting, and we could get www.soilco.in for $16 CDN (a little over 0.01BTC)

a solid hosting will allow dApp developers to have their appplications accessible thru the SOILcoin website. (such as SOILex, which could push towards a hosted page at soilco.in )

I'm also in for trying to get community reserve built up again.  Looking forward, could we fork the code so that 5-10% of new blocks goes into a development fund?  This seems to be working really well for DASH.  Their block rewards are mined with a distribution that goes 45% to miners, 45% to masternodes (holders of 1000+ dash can run a masternode) and 10% into community fund.  Masternodes then vote on community projects.  They are able to do a heavy marketing push because they are well funded and able to mobilize with this system of governance.  I think SOIL should transition to a similar approach if possible.  No eth-based coin is doing this yet to my knowledge.  

a development fund can also be funded by setting up a benchmark transaction in the blockchain protocol which would mint a specific amount on a regular basis to a wallet with 2of3 multisig protection. this can be used to fund developers or projects or giveaways or whatnot. these benchmarks can also be used to provide protection from the attacks that took down Kr and others, ensuring that the blockchain remains valid by signing off on the developers benchmark fund. the only human requirement on that is dedication to making sure those txs are signed in a timely manner, but im sure a happy medium can be found even there.

Listing on exchange should definitely be the priority. Once up, I'll buy some and donate.   It's kind of crazy SOIL isn't listed.  More work to do, but further along then a lot of other coins that are listed.  

its still a very healthy EVM progammable blockchain, and with the developments made on a lot of dApps on ETH and ETC, a great number of smaller projects can be built onto the SOIL architecture to provide those services that were in the original vision. what SOIL *DOES PROVIDE* is a CLEAN BLOCKCHAIN that doesnt have the problem of possible cross-chain interruptions for ETH-ETC based contracts that  may have separate chain originators making calls on contracts on the shared part of the chain. and at the ROCK BOTTOM PRICES that SOIL sits at now, the cost of computational gas has never been cheaper!!

i agree though that we need the exchanges up and running, and i think that we should get the homestead protocols running and have proper executables for new wallets and a functioning and up to date MIST clone, and present a new forked and stable protocol to bring to the exchanges. now that ethereum is a staple cryptocurrency, most of the exchange operators have had experience in setting up ETH-based wallets, which was part of the trouble getting onto a few of the exchanges when we launched... this week ill get up to date on where our protocol is and start to set up exchange campaigns and communications with exchanges again and see where we can get things started up again.
martymcfly2015

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:49:19 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2017, 09:01:47 AM by martymcfly2015

abvhiael has shared the OP credentials with me so we have another person with access to the OP. I got may questions regarding the state of the sourcecode. We have a testnet which is on early homestead code level and it has already passed the fork to the homestead blockchain protocol successful. The testnet is using a different home folder and it's safe to use and will not interfere your mainnet installation. The mainnet is gsoil 1.3.3 which I've found on the old github resource. I have added new nodes to old source code for painless chain syncing. I'm happy for the moment to help with the technical aspects of soil but the new semester is starting soon. It would be good to have someone else in addition who could deal with the technical aspects of soil.

TESTNET
linux:
git clone https://github.com/martymcfly2015/go-soil.git
cd go-soil
git checkout testnet
make
build/gsoil account new
build/gsoil console

The very good tutorials from AndreasKrueger might help:
https://github.com/drandreaskrueger/cryptomanuals/blob/master/SOIL/gsoiltestnet.md

windows:
https://github.com/martymcfly2015/go-soil/releases/download/1.4.3_testnet/gsoil_MMF_TESTNET_v1.4.3.zip

MAINNET
Download the binaries from: https://github.com/Soilcoin/go-soil/releases
Check out the source: https://github.com/Soilcoin

I own 0 soil at the moment, so if you like my work, please donate!
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

no degradation

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:59:01 PM

Btw. any testnet nodes up?

Code:
at block: 465271 (Wed, 22 Feb 2017 21:54:28 CET)
> net.peerCount

Anyone is welcome to connect: Smiley

1)
  Ping scifi.bounceme.net to get the current IP.
2)
Code:
admin.addPeer("enode://45ec3e9efbe74e7b6a4accd04ea003fca120e4fd812c6dba6a194e657a1060d0134e9b46462207b52e3ca9a796626fef127f26432f837964b5945f9581744e58@IP:39340")

" - an unnamed Hybrid
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: