May 21, 2024, 12:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: none
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable  (Read 237558 times)
alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:17:22 AM

In setting up the new SOILcoin website (which will be uploaded to soilcoin.altervista.org temporarily until i can figure out how to dump the whole package on the registered cryptosoil.com website) Ive had the chance to start looking into how to increase both our avaliability and our presence.

To that end Ive launched our chatroom on Telegram. (https://t.me/SOILcoin) There are lots of "bots" being developed on Telegram and is someting that we should take advantage of. Ive noted that Zcash has a Wallet bot running on Telegram, for instance... and there are lots of games which we might adapt for usage with SOIL currency. Ill leave it running on my desktop and cellphone if anyone ever needs to get ahold of me desperately right now sorta thing.

Ive also JUST BARELY STARTED figuring out how to set up our own forum, where Ill keep copies of our user guides, FAQs, etc. as well as open discussions for mining, community issues, announcements, etc. So far, the task of SETTING UP the subboards looks like its going to take a fresher brain than I have this evening, but as soon as I have it set up, we will have fresh discussion board available at soilcoin.forumotion.com I'l update the OP with those links as soon as im able.

My aim is to bring SOILcoin and our project more out into the public awareness as much as possible, and hope that these small steps along the way assist us in that.

Seems that the route UBQ followed at least was effective, they were added to cryptopia, guess that if you will update your code to prevent attacks, could hope to be added there too.

Telegram channel is inactive, can't write anything, thanx for all efforts.
cryptococcus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:30:50 PM

Hi,

any news on the relisting on Bittrex?

@abvhiael: is it feasible to implement the mechanism from Ubiq to prevent attacks - until ETH POS is ready?
dfd1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:48:09 PM

So, it's POW or POS coin at the moment? Is there any difference between etherium and SOIL?
abvhiael

Activity: 722
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:08:01 PM

Hi,

any news on the relisting on Bittrex?

@abvhiael: is it feasible to implement the mechanism from Ubiq to prevent attacks - until ETH POS is ready?

i think thats going to be our best bet for forking onto homestead is to implement the UBQ protocol on our blockchain as well. as for bittrex, ive sent them mail wondering whats happening with my enhanced account. ive sent in my documentation twice, so hopefully ritchie clears that up this week and we can get relisted.
abvhiael

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:11:50 PM

So, it's POW or POS coin at the moment? Is there any difference between etherium and SOIL?

as with any ethereum based blockchain, we are presently utilizing a POW protocol for blockchain velocity. ive been watching the work towards Casper on ETH and as soon as it is feasible, we will be switching to a POS mechanism. we will have to discuss our distribution curve at that point, as POS interest rates have to be high enough to encourage people to hold but not so high that ridiculous daily amounts of minted currency that everyone just dumps constantly pushing our valuation lower than it is now. id prefer to offer something akin to 35% APR, meaning that essentially it takes two years for an untouched balance to double. 
martymcfly2015

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

Auxiliary Soil Developer

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:05:24 PM

Maybe we could ask Manfred Karrer to add soil to bitsquare.
https://bitsquare.io/
https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/how-to-add-your-favorite-altcoin/46
abvhiael

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:20:08 PM

talking with bill and julien on the bittrex slack channel to get SOIL relisted, and theyd love to hear from you guys as well. if you want to see SOIL relisted on Bittrex, which i still feel is the best exchange out there, trust wise, let them know!!

slack.bittrex.com
abvhiael

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:29:49 PM

Maybe we could ask Manfred Karrer to add soil to bitsquare.
https://bitsquare.io/
https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/how-to-add-your-favorite-altcoin/46

they seem like a decent exchange. can you do the address validation requirements? or copy/paste me the code params and ill send of a req to them. with the weather holding over next week (supposedly) there shouldnt be any snow days for me to have to contend with and i should have the website finally completed. speaking with julien from bittrex over the afternoon and hopefully will have positive news coming out of that.
abvhiael

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:22:32 AM

Is there any difference between etherium and SOIL?

i didnt really respond to this part of your question the other day, and id like to now. ethereum, as a blockchain, is a great thing, the technology is something absolutely incredible. and i think thats why theres been a lot of new ETH-based clones popping up recently, Ubiq, Uther, Elementerum, etc. And its wonderful to see people leveraging the open source smart-blockchain for other purposes.

BUT.

ethereum is becoming more and more centralized, and the acrimony between the Ethereum Core and Ethereum Classic groups is still ridiculous politics that hampers the ubiquitous growth of the overall ecosystem. ethereum is becoming more and more... well... CORPORATIONALIZED. look at the ethereum enterprise initiative, the backers and funders of this are the same people that have controlled and centralized policy surrounding banking for years, and in the end, ETH level smart-blockchain technology in that arena is going to become very privatized, centralized, controlled and censored, etc.

SOILcoin is and will remain an independent blockchain. i believe we can leverage many of the smart contract suites that are built on ethereum, and repurpose them towards a more humanitarian purpose. i believe SOILcoin can be an evironmental hub, and that what we can build may one day be a benefit to humanity. i dont take a wage from this. there are no corporations putting money in my pocket. im dedicated to SOILcoin because i believe in the PROMISE of the EVM.

i know that much of what i envision is several years ahead f where technology is today. and the challenge is to biuld up in small ways that can scale out to the larger applications. im not working on SOILcoin to get rich. i wish it COULD make me rich, i wont lie. i live on a small pension and paying bills every month is a challenge. i dont have a fancy mining farm churning massive ammounts of hashing power against the system, in fact for some reason my computer just hates GPU mining, and i do run CPU mining on the system, but i never find a block.

im constantly looking into what we CAN build on SOIL. how to make it more accessible. i wasnt a coder or a programmer when i came on board the project, but i learned solidity and serpent, i spent more hours than i can count, many of them banging my head on the desk, deploying projects like SOILex and figuring out how to run and maintain the BTCrelay. im still constantly looking at contracts and platforms, seeing how they work and how we can use them to build a more accessible and robust currency.

but we're small. we're the underdog. we're not the cryptocurrency of the guys who want to dazzle you at conferences with big promises and justifying a take home pay of thousands of dollars in pay every month. we're the guys who want to build programs to design more efficient wind or solar farms, or to utilize the power of the blockchain to fuel climate prediction, or to provide a platform with reliable uptime and low costs to run those autonomous conditions on a precision-farming agricultural business, or a decentralized library of sustainable and renewable agriculture.

dfd1

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:18:15 PM

Ok, how can I help?
I think ethereum need more diversity, well established crypto currencies like SOIL can have their fair slice of ethereum volume and I don't get it why corporations and exchanges hate agriculture so much. SOIL can be a dogecoin of ethereum.
abvhiael

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 08:48:48 PM

Ok, how can I help?
I think ethereum need more diversity, well established crypto currencies like SOIL can have their fair slice of ethereum volume and I don't get it why corporations and exchanges hate agriculture so much. SOIL can be a dogecoin of ethereum.

well, the easiest thing to do right now is help get SOIL relisted on the exchanges. bittrex will relist us, but theyd like to see more community demand. the easiest way to get your voice heard there is on their slack channel (slack.bittrex.com) and by messaging bittrex-bill and bittrex-julian (who is also one of the devs behind Ubiq, whos excellent Flux Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm will become a very important part of the SOILcoin blockchain parameters going forward past Homestead on block 2,000,000)

cryptopia would be another great exchange to get on, and especially thanks to their stand AGAINST ethereum and the DAO rollback. i made the same arguments when the crisis was ongoing, and believe wholeheartedly in teh immutability of the blockchain. ive made a support ticket request there with as much detail as i could, and will be writing up an [ANN] thread this evening on their forum pages, in hopes of introducing SOIL to that community and building some support.

if you want to really get your hands dirty, we can always use help within the core development circle, we could really use a social media guru who >GETS IT< cause i sure as hades dont. theres lots of projects to build on the blockchain and not enough hours in a decade to get them all done. you dont need to be a superguru blockchain prodigy, i didnt have much of an idea about how the system ran when i came on board as community director in the first days of the project, and have since learned solidity and serpent and have fallen in love with smart contracts, and perhaps thats EXACTLY what SOILcoin needs, and SHOULD be.

grassroots cryptocurrency. the realization of SIMPLE decentralization. butting the ideal of the technology and how it can benefit the planet before worrying about how it can simply benefit the pocketbook.

now,, i dont think big corp hates agriculture, its one of the fastest growing industries escpecially in terms of precision automation. projects juch as the MIT co-lab's FOOD COMPUTER could be run autonomously or remotely via the SOIL blockchain with a lasting ledger of referrence for the system to perfect conditions from... transactiv's micro grid solar electricity project would fit on SOIL, with our preceptive direction, like a glove.

if you want to get overinvolved and obsess over this project 60+ hours a week for little to no pay, drop me a PM!

arch365

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:19:39 AM

just to update regarding our work to get SOIL listed on an exchange and rebuilt the liquidity of this project, we have a couple announcements. as marty has announced for awhile, SOILcoin will be migrating to the Homestead release protocols of Ethereum (1.3.5) at block 2,000,000.

as of block 2,000,100 we will also be increasing the distribution curve of SOIL to 3SOIL per block, which should stay stable into where we can implement Casper or another PoS protocol. that will be one of the primary focuses going forward, to find the most appropriate path to that, simply because a PoS distribution schemata is entirely factors more environmentally responsible fashion.

marty's latest update for gsoil is available via github:
https://github.com/martymcfly2015/go-soil/releases

we will have a more comprehensive announcement andn update instructions written up for this later today

this will create a great deal more security on the SOILcoin blockchain, a more robust difficulty retargetting algo for more reliable blocktimes, and ensure that we remain compatible with protocol changes and smart contract API adjustments available thru open source developments on ETH.

with BITTREX i have remained in conversation with julian, who is also involved in teh Ubiq project whose Flux Difficulty Algo we are watching and building towards implementation. due to SOIL being delisted, we need the community to let them know that you, as a community, want SOIL relisted there. bill and richie have stated that the easiest way is to chat about it on the bittrex slack instance, (slack.bittrex.com) and not to just pop in and say "you guys should list SOIL cause its wikked kewl!" but to let them know why SOIL is important to you, what projects we are building towards brought you into an interest in SOIL, or simply WHY we are so wikked kewl, our independent blockchain and our principles stated toward its immutability, or talk up the projects we are wanting to build, anything. PM bittrex-julian and ask him to consider relisting SOIL.

i LOVED bittrex, and i was proud when we were listed there. there isnt the feeling of impermanence with their project. and i have laid my soul bare to julian regarding that, and my dedication to this project. i know i failed the entire community when my health took a nosedive and i was forced into hospital. i have been putting in hours every day working on SOIL again, hoping to rebuild this community, not because i have the illusions that this project will ever make me rich, but because i truly believe in it. and i think we offer something completely different, right down to our core values as a community, than most cryptocurrencies offer.

i am also working diligently to get SOIL listed at cryptopia. theyve changed their listing requirements recently, and offer a package wherein you can BUY the listing. firstly though, i should explain why i think cryptopia will be an amazing fit for SOIL. they took a stand regarding the DAO fiasco with Ethereum Core and delisted it. They stood by their principles regarding the immutability of the blockchain and voiced similar concerns regarding the eroding of decentralized decision making with that blockchain, as well as issues related to how a recursive blockchain effected their own internal operations blockchain.

cryptopia features a  decent marketplace, which allows sale in ANY supported altcoin, which may open up niche markets for SOILcoin, or a chance to begin producing markets for small community things (a simple idea my wife had: selling heirloom flower seeds on the marketplace for SOIL) cryptopia also features a decent arbitrage page and gives us a decent list of exchanges to focus our attentions upon. (although nova exchange is only supporting BTC and LTC derived currencies presently) the mining pool area there gives us the opportunity to gain a larger mining community, although from my discussions with one f their mods, it will be a bit of a job getting it up and running.

there is also a decent forum there, and ill be listing an [ANN] page for SOILcoin there to hope to build interest in the project and in getting us listed. they have two packages available for immediate listing and i would like to discuss and hopefully pursue those options as a community here. both are subject to "developer review" but i will be working hand-in-hand with them as much as possible to get this market opened for you guys.

the basic package is 2,000,000 DOT (DOT is listed at 0.00000039 BTC presently) and is available generally from Cryptopia (sort of their "house currency" as i understand it) but can also be bought at novaexchange and tradesatoshi, but tendds to be very expensive there. simply buying up the wall to 2 million DOT would cost nearly a full BTC to achieve, pushing the price to nearly 50 satoshi.

this offer would set SOIL up against 4 standard base markets (BTC, LTC, DOGE and Unobtanium) and provides both arbitrage tracking and integration to the market place.

the better package is 2,800,000 DOT and adds 1 month as a featured currency, a tipping bot and a reward slot. (explained in detail here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/694)

now, we arent a rich development team, but im going to start working towards this goal with what little bits i can funnel into buying DOT. if anyone wants to donate BTC or DOT towards this listing fee, i am going to set up a SOILcoin community exchange account at cryptopia and will use any BTC donated to immediately purchase DOT and keep a running tally as that balance changes towards the goal of listing SOIL at cryptopia. if we can convince the team there to list us without the need for purchasing a DOT package, all funds will be resold into BTC and returned. this exchange account will have its sole purpose to accumulate DOTCOIN for listing SOILcoin on the exchange, and in the future, to purchase featured currency slots, reward slots, tipping bot functionality or running provably fair lottos for SOIL on cryptopia. the account credentials will be shared to the core development team for SOIL and if theres a community member with sufficient trust rating and status that wants t ostep up and help administer that, it would be great.

the account, soilcoinfund has donation addresses:
DOT : 1MzVbB5Ya5dVQSF4H4mssquLrX2wGbvxsV
BTC :  1QFH54K6zAHifyWVVTVXHTGP28wDPvevtX

if youd like to donate in any other currency that cryptopia supports, for the purpose of purchasing DOT, send me a PM and ill generate an address for you to send it to. i cant find any DOT faucets or anything, but if i do ill post them. in the meantime, this evening ill get an [ANN] page up on cryptopia with the wallet links.

Thanks for your support and for never back down, hope to see again Soil at Bittrex

ExEric3

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:05:52 AM

So due incoming block 2,000,000 we should update nodes? Im asking since Im running pool. Some repositories?
cryptococcus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:04:18 PM

just to update regarding our work to get SOIL listed on an exchange and rebuilt the liquidity of this project, we have a couple announcements. as marty has announced for awhile, SOILcoin will be migrating to the Homestead release protocols of Ethereum (1.3.5) at block 2,000,000.

as of block 2,000,100 we will also be increasing the distribution curve of SOIL to 3SOIL per block, which should stay stable into where we can implement Casper or another PoS protocol. that will be one of the primary focuses going forward, to find the most appropriate path to that, simply because a PoS distribution schemata is entirely factors more environmentally responsible fashion.

marty's latest update for gsoil is available via github:

we will have a more comprehensive announcement andn update instructions written up for this later today

this will create a great deal more security on the SOILcoin blockchain, a more robust difficulty retargetting algo for more reliable blocktimes, and ensure that we remain compatible with protocol changes and smart contract API adjustments available thru open source developments on ETH.

with BITTREX i have remained in conversation with julian, who is also involved in teh Ubiq project whose Flux Difficulty Algo we are watching and building towards implementation. due to SOIL being delisted, we need the community to let them know that you, as a community, want SOIL relisted there. bill and richie have stated that the easiest way is to chat about it on the bittrex slack instance, (slack.bittrex.com) and not to just pop in and say "you guys should list SOIL cause its wikked kewl!" but to let them know why SOIL is important to you, what projects we are building towards brought you into an interest in SOIL, or simply WHY we are so wikked kewl, our independent blockchain and our principles stated toward its immutability, or talk up the projects we are wanting to build, anything. PM bittrex-julian and ask him to consider relisting SOIL.

i LOVED bittrex, and i was proud when we were listed there. there isnt the feeling of impermanence with their project. and i have laid my soul bare to julian regarding that, and my dedication to this project. i know i failed the entire community when my health took a nosedive and i was forced into hospital. i have been putting in hours every day working on SOIL again, hoping to rebuild this community, not because i have the illusions that this project will ever make me rich, but because i truly believe in it. and i think we offer something completely different, right down to our core values as a community, than most cryptocurrencies offer.

i am also working diligently to get SOIL listed at cryptopia. theyve changed their listing requirements recently, and offer a package wherein you can BUY the listing. firstly though, i should explain why i think cryptopia will be an amazing fit for SOIL. they took a stand regarding the DAO fiasco with Ethereum Core and delisted it. They stood by their principles regarding the immutability of the blockchain and voiced similar concerns regarding the eroding of decentralized decision making with that blockchain, as well as issues related to how a recursive blockchain effected their own internal operations blockchain.

cryptopia features a  decent marketplace, which allows sale in ANY supported altcoin, which may open up niche markets for SOILcoin, or a chance to begin producing markets for small community things (a simple idea my wife had: selling heirloom flower seeds on the marketplace for SOIL) cryptopia also features a decent arbitrage page and gives us a decent list of exchanges to focus our attentions upon. (although nova exchange is only supporting BTC and LTC derived currencies presently) the mining pool area there gives us the opportunity to gain a larger mining community, although from my discussions with one f their mods, it will be a bit of a job getting it up and running.

there is also a decent forum there, and ill be listing an [ANN] page for SOILcoin there to hope to build interest in the project and in getting us listed. they have two packages available for immediate listing and i would like to discuss and hopefully pursue those options as a community here. both are subject to "developer review" but i will be working hand-in-hand with them as much as possible to get this market opened for you guys.

the basic package is 2,000,000 DOT (DOT is listed at 0.00000039 BTC presently) and is available generally from Cryptopia (sort of their "house currency" as i understand it) but can also be bought at novaexchange and tradesatoshi, but tendds to be very expensive there. simply buying up the wall to 2 million DOT would cost nearly a full BTC to achieve, pushing the price to nearly 50 satoshi.

this offer would set SOIL up against 4 standard base markets (BTC, LTC, DOGE and Unobtanium) and provides both arbitrage tracking and integration to the market place.

the better package is 2,800,000 DOT and adds 1 month as a featured currency, a tipping bot and a reward slot. (explained in detail here: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/694)

now, we arent a rich development team, but im going to start working towards this goal with what little bits i can funnel into buying DOT. if anyone wants to donate BTC or DOT towards this listing fee, i am going to set up a SOILcoin community exchange account at cryptopia and will use any BTC donated to immediately purchase DOT and keep a running tally as that balance changes towards the goal of listing SOIL at cryptopia. if we can convince the team there to list us without the need for purchasing a DOT package, all funds will be resold into BTC and returned. this exchange account will have its sole purpose to accumulate DOTCOIN for listing SOILcoin on the exchange, and in the future, to purchase featured currency slots, reward slots, tipping bot functionality or running provably fair lottos for SOIL on cryptopia. the account credentials will be shared to the core development team for SOIL and if theres a community member with sufficient trust rating and status that wants t ostep up and help administer that, it would be great.

the account, soilcoinfund has donation addresses:
DOT : 1MzVbB5Ya5dVQSF4H4mssquLrX2wGbvxsV
BTC :  1QFH54K6zAHifyWVVTVXHTGP28wDPvevtX

if youd like to donate in any other currency that cryptopia supports, for the purpose of purchasing DOT, send me a PM and ill generate an address for you to send it to. i cant find any DOT faucets or anything, but if i do ill post them. in the meantime, this evening ill get an [ANN] page up on cryptopia with the wallet links.

Great work! I think cryptopia is a decent exchange and the package you described above sounds good to get some promotion to the coin.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:04:43 PM

Yes you should definitely update the nodes, which one is your pool? Also do you have pools on any other coins?

Like a multi-algo/multi-coin pool or is it just one coin pool?
If it is the latter you should update with each update, if the first than updating on 2mth would be fine I suppose.
abvhiael

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:54:26 PM

Thanks to marty, step by step we have been updating our blockchain protocols against what ethereum is running, and as of block 2,000,000 we will be adjusting over to Homestead, as was set in the previous release of gsoil.  we have also decided to increase the block reward to 3 SOIL per block as of block number 2,000,100 to boost the liquidity of the project and hopefully bring more miners on board when we can find a centralized market for representation.

the most up to date repository for our protocol releases is marty's github repository:

this brings our code up to ver. 1.4.4 of the ETH protocols (they are presently running ver 1.5.9 and building SOIL up to that protocol is a step by step process)

marty has also updated our SOILsafe GUI wallet package based on MIST

https://github.com/martymcfly2015/go-soil/releases/tag/0.5.3

we will update the OP with the new links and i will have an article regarding the changes this makes to our protocols and capabilities.

appreciate the work marty's put in to upgrading our blockchain?
tip him!

his addresses are:
[SOIL] 0x663682fd2d96064fdb2f152a56bab75d921065c0
BTC 17vKnSGtuegVi8LsSpQbJwDsNFdgrkwuwf

abvhiael

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:14:36 PM

so, our update to the gsoil platform takes us from ver 1.3.3 of Go up to ver 1.3.5

this brings us  into the Ethereum Homestead Protocols.

a number of changes are made to our platform with these changes, which were introduced to the Ethereum mainnet after much testing. ill try to be brief about them, but want to describe some of how they change our ecosystem....

for the Homestead release, two major changes are introduced:

EIP#7: EVM opcode DELEGATECALL has been introduced at 0xf4.  similar in idea to CALLCODE, except that it "propagates the sender and value from the parent scope to the child scope",  making it more straightforward for a contract to store another address as a mutable source of code and ''pass through'' calls to it, as the child code would execute essentially the same but with reduced gas costs. this will make reusable standard libraries more accessible and operational.

EIP#2: Consensus rules changes
-the gas cost for deploying contracts via a transaction is increased from 21000 to 53000 (0.00103000 SOIL)
-block difficulty adjustment algorithm has changed to

Code:
block_diff = parent_diff + parent_diff // 2048 * max(1 - (block_timestamp - parent_timestamp) // 10, -99) + int(2**((block.number // 100000) - 2))

or basically, if blocktimes over the last 2 blocks are < 10 seconds, the difficulty is increased by parent_diff // 2048 * 1. if they are winthing the 11-19 second range, difficulty will remain unchanged. if blocktimes are > 10 seconds, the difficulty is lowered proportional to the timestamp difference, from parent_diff // 2048 * -1 to a max downward adjustment of parent_diff // 2048 * -99 The cap of -99 simply serves to ensure that the difficulty does not fall extremely far if two blocks happen to be very far apart in time due to a client security bug or other black-swan issue, but the promotion behind this algorithm was an eventual mathematecal impossibility of block times exceeding 24 seconds.

the second part of the algorithm int(2**((block.number // 100000) - 2)) is the so-called "difficulty bomb". which increases, exponentially, the average difficulty for mining a block every 100,000 blocks. this was put in place essentially as a motivation to push the network towards a Proof of Stake consensus engine.

according to the documentation for the Homestead release this change guarantees to keep block time in the 10-20 range, which has been a problem for SOILcoin when the network is hit with a mining farm. the previous difficulty adjustment was very vigorous in increasing difficulty to respond to increases of hashing power on the system, but was GLACIALLY slow in decreasing block difficulty.

i think this is one of the most important changes to our protocols, while we work our code up towards compatibility with the UBQ Flux Difficulty Algorithm which looks further back in the chain to ensure a more rapid response to hashrate dynamics. this should set our block times roughly in sync with the Ethereum networks block times,

*On chain version update notifications

Much like Ethereum, we have deployed an oracle contract to the network which holds the current version of gSOIL with the release hash.  Its goal is to allow gSOIL to check for new releases automatically without the need to consult a central repository. It currently recognizes ver 1.3.3 as the most uptodate client, and this will be updated (manually) with each new protocol release (i.e. at block #2,000,000 our version will be set to 1.3.5 and at block #2,000,100 our version number will be set at 1.4.4, although this is NOT ver 1.4.4 per the Ethereum releases). This contract will emit a notice informing you if there's a new client available.

New releases will be signed off by 1 current signer (@abvhiael) to be accepted by the oracle and users be notified of the client version change. I would prefer, in the interest of decentralization, to promote two further signatories to this contract, and to make it a 2-of-3 signature condition for published notices. Please contact me if you want to be added to this. NOTE, this contract does not push any automatic upgrades to your gsoil cient, it only displays a small CLI notification to the user when an update to the client is available.

This contract is live on the SOILnet at 0x17080970C7A6beBa2AFB95c7985B975cAF3fF33C.
The full contract ABI is available on my github page: https://gist.github.com/abvhiael/9b14842d38e5ed3637f3518507c12882
And a reduced ABI that just contains the list of signers and the current release version is also available: https://gist.github.com/abvhiael/bfa42bd5b9a4a6aba9fc29b98c8a5e12

marty is working step by step in upgrading our protocols towards where Ethereum's platform is at today, and there are many changes in the works with those protocol changes. marty is doing a fantastic job with these changes and hopefully the community will reward him for his efforts as he brings us closer to being up-to-date with Ethereum (currently at ver 1.5.9)

im off to watch the hockey game and then ill do a write up on changes to our SOILsafe GUI wallet and development tool.

arch365

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:04:42 AM

This updates brings some fresh air to Soil
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:45:53 AM

seems you're making a great job
ExEric3

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 06:28:38 AM

Pool - soil.miners-zone.net has been updated for Homestead.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: