Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:25:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting-Vod be prevented deleting posts Self Modded thread/Removed from DT  (Read 35566 times)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:27:48 AM

What Bob is pretty much right about is that we have little recourse against an anonymous entity. What Bob is wrong about is that that somehow excuses whatever that anonymous entity did.

And I love the logic, "The victim thought it was a third party at the time so nothing wrong happened."

"The users of Mt. Gox thought it was a great exchange, so nothing wrong happened."

Umm we are not talking about any loss of money here are we?

If so I may be wrong but I did not see where QS had stolen any money or covered up a hack as was the case with mtgox.

We absolutely are. The escrow fees for a non-existent by definition, escrow agent.

You are either bold-faced lying or willfully ignorant. Your choice.

LMAO. 15ml, more like 40oz.

Your choice is bold-faced lies, then. I have and will never intentionally drink more than that amount of alcohol, you're libeling against one of the core tenets of my identity at this point.

Ok bro.. now your really coming off like a loser liar. Never ever have I ever had more the 15ml of any alcoholic beverage. Not at the bar, not at the restaurant, not at my friends house, not at the bowling alley. Never ever have I ever.
lmao.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 05:30:23 AM

What Bob is pretty much right about is that we have little recourse against an anonymous entity. What Bob is wrong about is that that somehow excuses whatever that anonymous entity did.

And I love the logic, "The victim thought it was a third party at the time so nothing wrong happened."

"The users of Mt. Gox thought it was a great exchange, so nothing wrong happened."

If so I may be wrong but I did not see where QS had stolen any money or covered up a hack as was the case with mtgox.

We absolutely are. The escrow fees for a non-existent by definition, escrow agent.

Nahh dude.. The buyer or seller, whoever it was who paid the escrow fee got what they paid for.. They paid to have an account, not a person, hold money for them during a business deal.
Who was behind the account has no bearing on the situation at hand because the payer got what he paid for which was an account to hold said funds.

Stop trying to beat me up here.. This (bct) is a fucking anonymous world, where everyone is using pseudonyms. If you dont like the rules then dont play the game.

More indefensible bullshit from you. An escrow agent is not defined as "an account". A counterparty paid for an escrow agent and got their own counterparty instead of a third party, as required by the definition of escrow agent.

If you don't like being "beat up" then don't play your indefensible bullshit game.

Ok bro.. now your really coming off like a loser liar. Never ever have I ever had more the 15ml of any alcoholic beverage. Not at the bar, not at the restaurant, not at my friends house, not at the bowling alley. Never ever have I ever.
lmao.

Your libel continues. Perhaps you'd like to libel Penn Jillette a liar too, about his life of non-alcoholic drinking?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 05:31:03 AM

This conversation should really be going on in the thread

Is escrowing for yourself using a secret alt OK?

Plus, it has a bonus of being my thread.  I could lock it to cool everyone off for a while.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 05:32:55 AM

This conversation should really be going on in the thread

Is escrowing for yourself using a secret alt OK?

Plus, it has a bonus of being my thread.  I could lock it to cool everyone off for a while.   Undecided

It's going to be horribly difficult to move all the previous posts over there in chrono order.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:33:02 AM

Nahh dude.. The buyer or seller, whoever it was who paid the escrow fee got what they paid for.. They paid to have an account, not a person, hold money for them during a business deal.
Who was behind the account has no bearing on the situation at hand because the payer got what he paid for which was an account to hold said funds.

Stop trying to beat me up here.. This (bct) is a fucking anonymous world, where everyone is using pseudonyms. If you dont like the rules then dont play the game.

More indefensible bullshit from you. An escrow agent is not defined as "an account". The buyer paid for an escrow agent and got their own counterparty instead.

If you don't like being "beat up" then don't play your indefensible bullshit game.

Well on the forum here that's exactly what it is.. Some bullshit nobody behind a computer who you'll most likely never see or meet.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 05:39:38 AM

"Exactly", "but most likely never", LOL perhaps you'd like to spend your time correcting your quotes of my posts instead of equivocating your argument into oblivion. I'm unwatching this topic and don't plan to edit my replies (further than bringing the newest quote trees in line with my older posts) anymore.

ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:41:49 AM

1) They paid for an escrow service. That means an impartial third party providing a service. They did not get it.
2) An account cannot act. Only the entity behind the account can act. Expecting an account to hold money is similar to expecting a rock to run.

Bob, do you feel it's alright to make someone believe you're rendering a service, charge them for it but not (by definition being able to) render said service?
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:59:06 AM

1) They paid for an escrow service. That means an impartial third party providing a service. They did not get it.
2) An account cannot act. Only the entity behind the account can act. Expecting an account to hold money is similar to expecting a rock to run.

Bob, do you feel it's alright to make someone believe you're rendering a service, charge them for it but not (by definition being able to) render said service?

Starting to think that should be a mandatory question for anyone on this forum supplying the escrow service.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:03:27 PM

So what I gather from all of this is .....

That if you trick someone out of their coins by having them pay for a service you didn't provide and pretending you did,

Then that is what is called a scam.

Just call me dense but I have tried to look at this in every way possible but I still cannot see it the way that Tradefortress does, that being that QS did not scam.

~BCX~
hashie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:46:11 PM

So what I gather from all of this is .....

That if you trick someone out of their coins by having them pay for a service you didn't provide and pretending you did,

Then that is what is called a scam.

Just call me dense but I have tried to look at this in every way possible but I still cannot see it the way that Tradefortress does, that being that QS did not scam.

~BCX~
The "service" provided by an escrow of:

(1) making a bitcoin address
(2) checking if a payment is received
(3) sending a payment

is not really what you're paying someone for. You are not paying for someone to make a bitcoin address. You are paying for the reputation of someone who you trust won't run off.

Like it or not, reputation is a commodity. Escrows are bonds on a commodity.

edit: oops wrong acct, this is supposed to be posted from TF

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:20:55 PM

Vod on the other hand has mostly left reasonable ratings (though sometimes I feel they are unfair) but he comes out to be a responsible member definitely more deserving than you. He and TC have been considerate while leaving ratings which makes them both deserving of the DT trust list.
You should take a look at a few of the threads created about Vod. He has a history of trolling those who he does not agree with. If you look at his recent post history you can see just how reasonable he can be when someone is trying to discuss a rating with him. You will also see how he responds to factual arguments.

I know he does get into an argument but I've also seen many instances when he has removed the ratings. Everyone isn't perfect and hence his trolling behavior can be ignored (as many here inhibit this same behavior). Rest there is no other reason why he shouldn't be on the DT trust list as he hasn't scammed anyone whom I know of nor has been involved in a shady trade/transaction.

You should infact apologize to the members whom you have acted as an escrow while dealing with them using your alts.

This was done a long time ago - nearly a week. Both of these people told me they did not feel it was a scam, and neither of them said they had any hard feelings.

Am glad you did it  Smiley

Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:51:17 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1174622.msg12434433#msg12434433
^^^Vod is now engaging in the locking of topics immediately after making a libelous post about my character. A topic in which there was significant, on-topic discussion being engaged in.

Furthermore, Vod's last posts in the above referenced thread sufficiently imply that he is unwilling to even consider an opposing viewpoint to that of his own. This is clear and concise evidence that Vod will not adjust any ratings that he leaves when it is shown that the person he left negative ratings for is in fact not a scammer.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:57:05 AM

^^^Vod is now engaging in the locking of topics immediately after making a libelous post about my character. A topic in which there was significant, on-topic discussion being engaged in.

Furthermore, Vod's last posts in the above referenced thread sufficiently imply that he is unwilling to even consider an opposing viewpoint to that of his own. This is clear and concise evidence that Vod will not adjust any ratings that he leaves when it is shown that the person he left negative ratings for is in fact not a scammer.

I think it's quite hypocritical of you to call this out. You were the one that attempted character assassination first. After all, it's Vod's post, he can do what he wants with it. You trying to derail it is a good enough reason to do what he's entitled to do and close it.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:59:09 AM

haha...  Vod did cherry pick part of your post and locked the thread.
kinda a low blow there  Tongue

but to be fair we listened to all of your arguments already.
you kinda brought it on yourself with the whole
'we should listen to what pedophiles have to say" angle.

Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:16:21 AM

My point was that doing this will potentially stop others from falling victim to rape, which I do not think is a bad outcome.

I am a person who cares most about results, so if that means showing a small amount of respect to what I believe to be horrible people, if that results in potentially less victims of a very heinous crime then so be it.

The fact is that Vod is clearly demonstrating that he is unwilling to even listen to the viewpoints of others, and will continue to negatively affect others once he has made up his mind. This kind of behavior will only result in people leaving the community, and deciding not to do business within the community when they may or may not be actual scammers. This is certainly not something that is good for the community, nor is something that is good for bitcoin
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:36:54 AM

Post ripoffreport sounds like a copy pasta from twitch.. its just so hilarious.
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:37:22 AM

My point was that doing this will potentially stop others from falling victim to rape, which I do not think is a bad outcome.

I am a person who cares most about results, so if that means showing a small amount of respect to what I believe to be horrible people, if that results in potentially less victims of a very heinous crime then so be it.

The fact is that Vod is clearly demonstrating that he is unwilling to even listen to the viewpoints of others, and will continue to negatively affect others once he has made up his mind. This kind of behavior will only result in people leaving the community, and deciding not to do business within the community when they may or may not be actual scammers. This is certainly not something that is good for the community, nor is something that is good for bitcoin

... is my personal viewpoint ... going to change after engaging in a discussion on the matter? I can say that the chances of this changing are as close to zero as they get.

Hypocrite. "Hey, Vod will not listen to my 'arguments'1" and yet you engage in discussions with preset views that you will not change.

1 Vod, and many others for that matter, have read your arguments and found them unconvincing. Rehashing the same failed arguments won't help.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:45:39 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 07:15:10 AM by tspacepilot

I am a person an account who cares most about results, so...
FTFY.  Wink
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 12:26:31 PM

Vod is now engaging in the locking of topics immediately after making a libelous post about my character. A topic in which there was significant, on-topic discussion being engaged in.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1174622.msg12437450#msg12437450

You are one sick fuck, Cody.   Angry

This is all I'm going to bother to post since you've repeatedly stated you are leaving the forum today, after you return your last collateral.

I previously said a number of times that I am leaving once a loan that I am due is repaid so I can return the collateral....

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dadice

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

DaDice Administration

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:06:20 PM

Vod is now engaging in the locking of topics immediately after making a libelous post about my character. A topic in which there was significant, on-topic discussion being engaged in.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1174622.msg12437450#msg12437450

You are one sick fuck, Cody.   Angry

This is all I'm going to bother to post since you've repeatedly stated you are leaving the forum today, after you return your last collateral.

I previously said a number of times that I am leaving once a loan that I am due is repaid so I can return the collateral....

Yes he is indeed sick, Vod.

How do we know his name is Cody, has the dox been posted? Thanks for replying.

<- My trust rating is a joke, due to the poor and worthless implementation of trust ratings at bitcointalk.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: