Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:  Should people who promote ponzis in their signature be given a negative trust?
Yes
No
Most people know the results of investing in ponzi so won't make a difference
Useless thread, should be allowed

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should people who promote ponzis in their signature be given a negative trust?  (Read 14577 times)
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 11:34:39 PM

A better question is: should BitcoinTalk be investigated for allowing ponzi schemes and rip-off artists to solicit their scams.  I cannot count the number of times I've been ripped off by scams I found here while at the same time I get censored or moderated when complaining or commenting about my plight.  I find myself constantly having to censor what I am saying just so I don't attract the attention of a moderator who has an invested interest in the scams that take place here.  Now watch this get deleted!
Moderators very rarely remove posts as long as they are not spam or referral. You were probably posting in a self-moderated thread, where any posts can be deleted by the OP of the thread.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 12:20:19 AM

I voted no.

I'm all for distrusting ponzi owners, but not the many many peons that promote them. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 01:04:44 AM

I voted no as well. There are many desperate people who will advertise anything in their signature for bitcoins, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are affiliated for that site. They just want the money; nothing more, nothing less. They could be perfectly trustworthy people.

michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:44:14 AM

I voted no as well. There are many desperate people who will advertise anything in their signature for bitcoins, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are affiliated for that site. They just want the money; nothing more, nothing less. They could be perfectly trustworthy people.

But how you can determine whenever he/she is not involve the ponzi site at all based on your statement " but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are affiliated for that site. " ?

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 06:55:00 AM

and what about my negative points for a supposed ponzi link in my signature?
I have so far 2 negative points about my signature
and 1 positive point for ma management about the site linked in my sigature.

i'm negative pointed from 2 people who suppose that I have a ponzi link in my signature.
A,d what can I do?
the 2 people wha have me negatively pointed are now proud as Oscar thinking they have done their duty...
But in reality they have made a mistake.
And now...all my posts are add with negative points for something who is not a ponzi.

Do you believe that wrong accusation will avoid real ponzi pactice?
No in the contrary...
I will be the living example that one cannot trust to the "trust point system"

Each time we will see negative points...we can now say:
trust system is not trustable...we have the poof with winspiral the webmaster who had for over 20 years always been honest.

It is si easy to believe and to give negative points for supposed "things"
I hope that you will not be negative pointed for wrong reason.
i could now run to my negative pointers...and do the same..;But I will not because i will not participe to a trust system who is not fair if we can vote with false arguments.
I can so far look me in a mirror...

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 07:37:42 AM

i'm negative pointed from 2 people who suppose that I have a ponzi link in my signature.
A,d what can I do?

Remove the ponzi link  from your signature?

You are stating it's risk free - I might leave you negative trust for lying like that.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 08:18:01 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 08:42:33 AM by shorena

-snip-

Post offtopic reply, wonders why post gets deleted.

I voted no.

I'm all for distrusting ponzi owners, but not the many many peons that promote them.  

I got the following PM this morning. I dont think I have left a negative rating on a peon yet. The ratings should not be left lightly though. Yet, how to detect a peon? Write a PM first?

Listen to me, I'll tell you. You can think what you want and what you want. Conclusions you strange if I advertise Ponzi, it means I'm his manager. I'm working on a referral system. Now I'm going to put minuses. I will punish you! Normal people never in the eyes do nothing in the face and say, well, you put a minus and fled. Run on to not vpoymal !!!! Traitor, like you put to death on the street!

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 08:18:42 AM

A,d what can I do?

You are stating it's risk free - I might leave you negative trust for lying like that.

How can i remove a ponzi link from my signature if no ponzi link is in my signature?

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 08:47:20 AM

A,d what can I do?

He said only 2 people suppose that the link is ponzi it is not proved.Why should we remove links on others supposition? there must be a solid proof
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:51:13 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 09:03:39 AM by tmfp

If they are that desperate for money that they will promote something which they know is probably a scam just for "..the money, nothing more, nothing less", then there is the likelihood that that desperation will make them likely to scam if given the opportunity to do so, hence they should not be trusted.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 09:34:21 AM

So because he is not affiliated with the site is ok to advertise any kind of scam to make money with it??? In my books that means you are a scammer as well, its like saying someone who witnesses a rape and does nothing is innocent
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 10:04:36 AM

its like saying someone who witnesses a rape and does nothing is innocent

Technically, someone who witnesses a rape and does nothing IS innocent.   Undecided

You can't force morality on people.  You can't make people believe what you believe.

Some people on this planet only look out for themselves.

iCan

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:15:04 AM

Technically, someone who witnesses a rape and does nothing IS innocent.   Undecided

You can't force morality on people.  You can't make people believe what you believe.

It's depend in what country you are! In Russian law if you are witnesses a crime as rape and didn't help you are guilty.    
Article 125 the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation

tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:16:21 AM

Sure, but that doesn't mean I should trust them.

Greed is....

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
onemorexmr

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:22:34 AM

When it comes to questions about how to use the trust system, I always try to assume the position of a complete newb.
Does my trust rating effectively warn the newb in a way that prevents him from falling for a scam?

I don't think that a newb will make a direct connection between the trust rating of a member and his signature, so the answer to the question above in this case will most likely be no. If there were a way to somehow flag the signature itself as untrustworthy, I'd totally do that.

perfect reasonable and i'll follow that advice.

i'd love to have a way to trust-rate sigs and/or ads here Wink

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
onemorexmr

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:24:36 AM

Technically, someone who witnesses a rape and does nothing IS innocent.   Undecided

You can't force morality on people.  You can't make people believe what you believe.

It's depend in what country you are! In Russian law if you are witnesses a crime as rape and didn't help you are guilty.    
Article 125 the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation

same is true for germany.
at least you have to call the police

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
GannickusX

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 12:07:25 PM

Technically, someone who witnesses a rape and does nothing IS innocent.   Undecided

You can't force morality on people.  You can't make people believe what you believe.

As other people said in many countries you are guilty if you do nothing, it´s not about morality only, my point stands, someone who knowingly promotes a scam or a scam scheme is a scammer as well
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 10:12:53 PM

As other people said in many countries you are guilty if you do nothing, it´s not about morality only, my point stands, someone who knowingly promotes a scam or a scam scheme is a scammer as well
By your logic; "forum administrators let those scams promoted on forum" then they're scammers too.
They have power to stop/delete/ban ponzi,hyip topics . But they don't, so they're scammer!

As I said earlier; "caveat emptor".

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:02:31 PM

Witnessing a crime and not reporting is a in fact crime in most of Europe. I can't speak of the USA as I'm not even sure what the equivalent term in English since I'm a non-native speaker.

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 11:15:44 PM

Witnessing a crime and not reporting is a in fact crime in most of Europe. I can't speak of the USA as I'm not even sure what the equivalent term in English since I'm a non-native speaker.

That is ridiculous.Who would come forward in court as eye witness if he would fear of being persecuted for witnessing the crime? One would rather keep mum than help in investigation
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: