Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban appeal - TradeFortress; re theymos dox  (Read 7567 times)
tf_banned_acc (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:08:25 AM

If you're going around posting people's personal information for no real reason other than just to annoy them, then that's trolling, which is not allowed.

Thanks for your response. I'd point out that there is a real conflict of interest created where staff members are able to self-adjudicate if there is a "real reason" and other members do not have this opportunity nor the benefit of doubt; but that's not very significant.

I think if you review my posts in this thread, especially in connection with posts other people have made in this thread, you can see that my purposes is to discuss the apparent double standard in doxxing, and the automatic bans given -- not to troll or to annoy. Let me elaborate:

My post was made in this thread in response to SaltySpitoon's comments, including:

I don't know anything about your ban, but I have personally seen two or three threads with Theymos dox in them on this site with no consequence to the OP or anyone else involved. I would expect that it was something else that you did. I don't have the info to know for certain, but that would be my first guess based on the info given.

and

Nope, there is a meta thread in meta named something along the lines of Staff Member information, or Staff Dox, and it has info about 3 or 4 staff members, including volunteered information. Again, that thread has Theymos' dox in it as well. Even though people can't find these threads, I've posted in them personally, so they weren't just threads I've seen in passing.

When someone posts incorrect information that you know is incorrect, generally people have a tendency to correct it (if they care). I came across SaltySpitoon's incorrect speculation ("no consequence") and misinformed directions ("Staff Dox"), and rebutted those with my post.  

As you have said that the ban is for trolling, not for posting accurate theymos dox, then the actual accuracy of dox is irrelevant. Only the intent of the poster, and if the poster believes the dox is accurate is relevant.

My post mentioned a location where your dox can be found. The location I gave was not as specific as SaltySpitoon has said (see underlined). The only difference is that SaltySpitoon's directions were incorrect, while my directions were correct, but since you said the ban is for trolling (which is intent, not content), that should be irrelevant.

Again, if you review my posts you should be able to see that my intent was to add consideration to this thread and respond to incorrect claims/speculation made by SaltySpitoon, not to annoy or troll. I'd like to request a review of my ban.

Right now, the actions being taken creates the impression that you are banning people based on if they post your dox (or directions to dox), and not for trolling as you say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:36:01 AM

I still don't follow what you are saying. Nothing I said was incorrect. You are arguing that you shouldn't have been auto banned for posting a link that you knew caused you to be autobanned?

*edit* Bringing this over to this thread for context

{ self moved to a new thread }

@SaltySpitoon: I disagree. That's not what happened in my case. You gave relatively specific directions to where you believed theymos's dox could be found, because you seemed to believe that people have posted his dox w/o real consequence. I gave relatively specific directions to where theymos' dox could be found to correct your information, with the impression that what you posted was OK.

Neither of these circumstances involved trolling, or posting it for the purposes to annoy someone. This is looking like theymos is indiscriminately banning people, excessively I would say, in order to assert his power and prevent his dox from being disseminated -- not for moderation principles of trolling, spam, et al.
tf_banned_acc (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:45:53 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 04:58:16 AM by tf_banned_acc

I still don't follow what you are saying. Nothing I said was incorrect. You are arguing that you shouldn't have been auto banned for posting a link that you knew caused you to be autobanned?

I've never posted a link. I've posted directions to where theymos's dox could be found, with as much specificity as you did:

Nope, there is a meta thread in meta named something along the lines of Staff Member information, or Staff Dox, and it has info about 3 or 4 staff members, including volunteered information. Again, that thread has Theymos' dox in it as well. Even though people can't find these threads, I've posted in them personally, so they weren't just threads I've seen in passing.

And no, I wasn't autobanned, I was manually banned by theymos.

Since you seem to be clearly unaware of what's going on (given by your repeated statements thinking that anyone posted links, your incorrect claims that there are any threads with theymos's dox in them, and your previous speculation that Xian01 got banned for something /other/ than posting theymos's dox), perhaps it's best to not speculate aimlessly? Especially in a thread that I've specifically structured, in order to avoid further off-topic, misinformed speculation from you?
poeEDgar

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:03:47 AM

TradeFortress, very interesting timing, "getting yourself banned" directly after being called out for your involvement in the Hashie exit scam.

Quote from: Gavin Andresen
I woulda thunk you were old enough to be confident that technology DOES improve. In fits and starts, but over the long term it definitely gets better.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:11:51 AM

I've never posted a link. I've posted directions to where theymos's dox could be found, with as much specificity as you did:

And no, I wasn't autobanned, I was manually banned by theymos.

Since you seem to be clearly unaware of what's going on (given by your repeated statements thinking that anyone posted links, your incorrect claims that there are any threads with theymos's dox in them, and your previous speculation that Xian01 got banned for something /other/ than posting theymos's dox), perhaps it's best to not speculate aimlessly?

Its nothing personal, its just that I don't believe you. I could be mistaken, but this would probably be on the order of the 100th time someone gets banned for something then claims its something other than it is. Seeing as I removed about 30 sets of instructions on how to get yourself banned by posting one of many autospam links from the last thread, your tf_banned account may have melted in with the other 5 throwaway accounts. Though I still feel as though some posts are missing, I'll have to get all posts restored in order to see who it was that got banned for posting the link, I was under the impression that is what got your main account.

The Facts:
  • Theymos' identity has been openly discussed on Bitcointalk in the past. I've participated in a few of the conversations. If you wish to file through my 200 pages of posts, you will find it
  • People are citing the fact that they get autobanned for posting a link as active agression against posting Theymos' dox

If you are claiming that you got manually banned, then thats slightly different, but still addressed by the post below.

If you're going around posting people's personal information for no real reason other than just to annoy them, then that's trolling, which is not allowed.

Dox is currently more-or-less allowed for two reasons:
- It is sometimes useful when dealing with scammers for the community to collaboratively investigate the scammer. There have been a few cases where these collaborative investigations have led to good results.
- It is very difficult to define a consistent line between reasonable public information and non-public dox. For example, on Reddit the admins will sometimes delete posts which reference someone's real name even when this name can be found on the first page of a Google search for their pseudonym, which is ridiculous.

This is something that I've been thinking about for a long time. The current rules are sub-optimal, I think, since it's too easy for innocent people to be hurt. But at the same time I don't want to ban "personal information" entirely, due to the above two reasons. Maybe dox should be restricted to an "investigations" board which is only viewable to Jr members and above, or something like that.

Which is exactly what everyone is getting all butthurt over. They are posting his dox just for giggles, which equates to spamming/trolling. If there was ever reason to post Theymos or another Staff member's dox, it would not yield a ban.

These things you keep saying that are speculation aren't. They are answers to specific questions. Why you were banned is highlighted above. If you ask a question without presenting all information so that my answer is incomplete or incorrect, you can't blame that on me. I have no specific ties to any of this, so if you don't want any answers, you are welcome to talk to yourself in an empty thread. It is part of my job to try and address Meta threads though, but if you don't wish for me to answer your questions, thats one less thing for me to do.

Regardless, no matter how your story changes with each answer, I wish you luck in finding out what you are trying to find out.
tf_banned_acc (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:36:30 AM

[...]

Why you were banned is highlighted above.

[...]

Regardless, no matter how your story changes with each answer, I wish you luck in finding out what you are trying to find out.

Unfortunately your post is riddled with inaccurate assertions, more speculation (eg: Yes I was manually banned; saying you don't believe me IS speculation!, the autoban is not the blacklisted URLs tool -- I know what that tool does!), et cetra -- despite me requesting you not to speculate. Your definition of speculation may be substantially different to the common and dictionary definition of speculation.

I'd elaborate but that will further derail this topic, so I'll only respond to points you've raised that are actually relevant to this thread:

(1) And this post is about why I don't think the ban is justified by the reasoning theymos gave, as my intent of posting the directions is not to troll or annoy but to discuss the topic of theymos's dox / auto bans, the apparent double standard and provide a correction to your incorrect directions of theymos's dox (seeing that what you posted were okay).

(2) When did my story every change? Perhaps you're misassuming what you think is happening with what I said?

(3) To re-iterate: Your comments implying that I was autobanned and not manually banned by theymos is manifestly incorrect. I was manually banned.

I'm confident that you have done far more harm and created more misinformation than what you've achieved by 'addressing meta threads'. While I still think you are posting in good faith, you have been extremely disruptive in this thread (and others) with incorrect statements, pure conjecture, and off-topic speculation and I'd like to ask you to stop posting in this thread.

I also hope that you have been responding in good faith. If not, you've just lost all the respect I've ever had for you.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:22:23 AM

From a scam buster's point of view - please don't reverse his ban.    Undecided

He does nothing but create fake accounts and cause forum drama.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:32:58 AM

He does nothing but create fake accounts and cause forum drama.

What do you call this? Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=513899

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:32:49 AM

He does nothing but create fake accounts
Well this is just going to make him create more accounts, no? If he can't use his TF account he'll spend the time farming others.

While I pretty much disagree with everything tF has done, does and will ever do, in this case I think he's right. He did something to very clearly demonstrate the hiporacy of the statement that "doxes are allowed, even of staff". He didn't intend for it to be harassing, as a troll or for his account to be banned automatically. He proved the point, Theymos is now engaged and aware there is an issue with doxes and is considering solutions.

....Isn't this a win win? Unban him already, or find something more fitting to ban him for Tongue

worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:04:45 PM

While I'm no supported of TF I think that him pushing the limits of this whole doxing thing is somewhat important. People might call him a troll and all but I'm not aware of many people that would risk trying to push the limits of rules.

We had salty saying that people wouldn't be banned or have their posts deleted if they posted theymos' dox along becaus of him having scammed them, as it would be treated just like any other dox, yet TF is banned after he posts info about said dox and the post is deleted. That was after salty saying what he said.

Why I consider this important? Well, there needs to be something done about doxing in here. Theymos posted in the other thread which I consider a step to the right direction but TF is right when he calls out the double standard of deleting staffer doxes almost instantly while innocent people can still be targeted with just a claim.
GannickusX

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:07:15 PM

Well this is just going to make him create more accounts, no? If he can't use his TF account he'll spend the time farming others.

While I pretty much disagree with everything tF has done, does and will ever do, in this case I think he's right. He did something to very clearly demonstrate the hiporacy of the statement that "doxes are allowed, even of staff". He didn't intend for it to be harassing, as a troll or for his account to be banned automatically. He proved the point, Theymos is now engaged and aware there is an issue with doxes and is considering solutions.

....Isn't this a win win? Unban him already, or find something more fitting to ban him for Tongue

Well isnt that ironic then? The biggest scammer in bitcointalk with -9999 is never banned, after all his scams, trollings and everything else and when he posts a dox of theymos he gets insta banned, i dont agree with tf in anything but he does have a point, why are admins beyond everyone else, i thought you had freedom in this forum, you can sell accounts without no problem too.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:14:37 PM

Well isnt that ironic then? The biggest scammer in bitcointalk with -9999 is never banned, after all his scams, trollings and everything else and when he posts a dox of theymos he gets insta banned, i dont agree with tf in anything but he does have a point, why are admins beyond everyone else, i thought you had freedom in this forum, you can sell accounts without no problem too.

maybe... because... you know. it's theymos' forum and he can enforce rules as he likes? the only free forum would be a decentralized one

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:22:52 PM

1. Scamming isn't enforced. It's a forum rule.
2. Selling accounts either.
3. Trolling isn't allowed.

Is there truly a reason to dox Theymos other than trolling? I don't think so.
GannickusX

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:49:54 PM

1. Scamming isn't enforced. It's a forum rule.
2. Selling accounts either.
3. Trolling isn't allowed.

Is there truly a reason to dox Theymos other than trolling? I don't think so.

Even if there was a good reason to post theymos dox he  would still have gotten banned, have you heard of someone that got banned for posting the dox of someone until now? I have not, correct me if im wrong.
Athertle

Activity: 252

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 08:51:57 PM

Even if there was a good reason to post theymos dox he  would still have gotten banned, have you heard of someone that got banned for posting the dox of someone until now? I have not, correct me if im wrong.

That's wrong and the moderators/staff are not that corrupt (yet) Roll Eyes . I'm kidding, of course; you guys are the best staff.

If there was a truly good and reasonable reason to post theymos' dox, he and the staff would almost definitely acknowledge it and keep it on.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:12:12 PM

You guys seem to think that this is a community ran forum or something. This is Theymos's forum and he makes the rules. This is not some democratic place by any means. Obviously his dox are off limits.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:33:11 PM

Obviously his dox are off limits.

Its one thing for his dox to be off limits but another [for others] to claim that all doxes are alike when its off limits.

Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:43:44 PM

maybe... because... you know. it's theymos' forum and he can enforce rules as he likes? the only free forum would be a decentralized one
wrong, he runs the forum in a professional manner, think he banned OP amid users pressuring for doxing to be outlawed

GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:45:56 PM

Guys, we are doxing /u/btcthwy here, the most deserving Satoshi candidate so far. Why bother theymos with all these doxing n all ? Join us...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1185132.0 Smiley
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 12:00:10 AM

This is Theymos's forum and he makes the rules. This is not some democratic place by any means. Obviously his dox are off limits.

Everyone keeps saying that.  Except theymos himself.  He claims to be "maintaining" this forum.
As a custodian of bitcointalk, he leaves something to be desired.  Rampant cronyism; donations money slowly (@ $100,000/mo, if I'm not mistaken) being siphoned into his friend's pocket Slickage; forum itself degenerated into worthless drama/scam/spam fest.

~~Your Leader, Comrade Napoleon;
Father of All Animals, Terror of Mankind, Protector of the Sheep-fold.

Theymos said it himself about reddit, not sure about Bitcointalk.
Thank you for contributing to the spam fest/drama though!

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:02:06 AM

@Tradefortress

1. Most everyone who has been around for a while knows exactly who Theymos is, Why would anyone get banned for that?

2. You're not the original Tradefortress, you're just someone who bought his old VIP account so who cares if you are banned?

~BCX~

ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:27:38 AM

@Tradefortress

1. Most everyone who has been around for a while knows exactly who Theymos is, Why would anyone get banned for that?

2. You're not the original Tradefortress, you're just someone who bought his old VIP account so who cares if you are banned?

~BCX~

Ignoring the huge @Tradefortress here.

1. Yes, why would anyone get banned from that?!?
  a) Do you have conclusive evidence to guarantee that there is a different person using the account now? (I know it seems like it, but can you guarantee it? If so, we could remove/change all the old trust to neutral.)
  b) Some people care about "random" banning, because they realize they might become a victim of it themselves someday. The account in question is not really relevant to this issue.
ab619

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:39:42 PM

If it is the real TF, it's funny to see him whine like a little bitch about being banned after doing the exact same thing on his former sites.  Cheesy
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:09:41 PM

i think we have good reason to believe that it is, in fact, the real Tradefortress.

TF was clearly tied to operating hashie.co---and he was just found to be sending coins that came from hashie.co to Quickseller. (the fact that he also used his usual 1GLados change address as the change address isn't evidence of anything, though it is his usual MO)

his continued trolling of tspacepilot as of < 2 weeks ago, and his continued "scammer accusations" against others (while simultaneously being a scammer himself) are classic TF as well

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 04:18:36 AM

his continued trolling of tspacepilot as of < 2 weeks ago, and his continued "scammer accusations" against others (while simultaneously being a scammer himself)

You just described Quickseller, as well as TF.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:17:54 AM

If the "official" reason why people are banned for mentioning/posting theymos's dox is that they are trolling (because they are doing so for no reason other then to annoy the person), then I don't think the ban is appropriate here. I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

I also would note that Salty did post a number of times that you would not be banned for simply posting theymos's dox, and Salty had also posted (what he appeared) to believe was accurate instructions to find theymos's dox. I would say at worse, what TF did was correct Salty's inaccurate statement, and more realistically was merely following directions of Salty, who is a global moderator and as a result what he says will reasonably be considered to be "the official rules" of what can and cannot be posted.

As others have mentioned, I do not support the majority of what TF has done in the past (or at least what it is claimed he has done), however I do not think he is in the wrong here.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think it is unreasonable to want to protect your own personal information, but I do think a blanket ban of someone who attempts to post such information is probably not the right way to protect such information
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:19:09 PM

I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

Well considering the fact that you are more than likely the same individual this isn't too surprising.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan your work.

It will be interesting to see who or what you re-surface as once you retire the Quickseller alt.

~BCX~
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:58:57 AM

I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

Well considering the fact that you are more than likely the same individual this isn't too surprising.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan your work.

It will be interesting to see who or what you re-surface as once you retire the Quickseller alt.

~BCX~
I am not TradeFortress. The admin who looked into TF and I being the same person said that it did not make sense for someone with the technical expertise of TF to spend their time farming accounts when they could make more productive/profitable use of their time engaging in other activities.

To be fair to TF, he did call a number of people as being a scammer long before it was determined that such people were a scammer. For example, while researching moreia's many bitcoin addresses, I found a thread with TF calling moreia as being an alt of TheGambler and as running multiple HYIP/ponzi scams ~a year prior to me doxing moreia and outing all of his alts. I think that anything TF says should be taken with a grain of salt and with a little bit of skepticism, however any claim that he makes should be looked into (with some exceptions).

On a similar note, the reason why I was monitoring that thread was being TF had told me that people are banned because they post theymos's dox, and I honestly did not believe him, so I was monitoring the other thread when I saw that theymos's dox was being posted in that thread and when I saw that TF had posted instructions as to how to find theymos's dox in that thread.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:30:34 AM

I am not TradeFortress

OK, but you've lied about your alts before:

I am not QS

so why should we believe you now?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:53:44 AM

I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

Well, tf is banned. Their alt is quiet. I'm going to assume their ban appeal was denied and they're waiting out the ban.

If Quickseller is an alt of tf than they're either clever enough to fool BadBear or they'd be perma banned for ban evasion.
Bill Gates

Activity: 95
Merit: 9

Devil's Advocate

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:30:11 PM

I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

If, in future, we see somewhere...

I am not dooglus

We shall believe that QuickSeller=dooglus? Your sense of logic is deteriorating with every passing day.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:16:31 AM

I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

I am not dooglus

We shall believe that QuickSeller=dooglus? Your sense of logic is deteriorating with every passing day.

There's nothing wrong with my logic. I didn't say that his statement implies that he is TF.

We have seen QS lying about an alt in the past, and so he may be lying about an alt again now.

I am not suggesting that you can take a known liar's assertions and invert them get at the truth.
I am suggesting that his statements about his alts have been found to be unreliable in the past.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 01:23:04 AM

I am not suggesting that you can take a known liar's assertions and invert them get at the truth.
I am suggesting that his statements about his alts have been found to be unreliable in the past.

Why do you bring logic and reason to a Bitcointalk.org debate?

There is a very high probability of TF and QS being one in the same.

~BCX~
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:27:36 PM

I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

I am not dooglus

Well I can say unequivocally that I am not dooglus.

I also do not see any logic nor reason in any of the two posts above this one. And no there is really not evidence that I am TF except for speculation Cheesy
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:46:39 AM

And no there is really not evidence that I am TF except for speculation Cheesy

Do you really want to go there?

I really have no issues with you and have enjoyed your antics, it's been entertaining, so no personal motivations.

If you are playing word games, sure you're not the original Tradefortress, you're the one that ended up with his account and some wallets.

There's just too many circumstantial connections via the blockchain, Hashie.io and cross transfer of BTC to not be one in the same today.

I realize that a lot of it just may be incredible coincidence but so would be winning the Powerball two days in row with the same numbers.

Possible, but not probable.

~BCX~

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:06:26 AM

sure you're not the original Tradefortress, you're the one that ended up with his account and some wallets.
Well I am glad we cleared that up. Based on your previous posts, I was under the impression that you were saying that I was the person who (supposedly - but probably) stole 4k+ BTC from users of inputs, and defaulted on coinlenders loans.

Although it is untrue, I do not have as much as an issue with you claiming that I purchased the TF account from TF (Or someone else), as this allegation does not involve the risk of me getting served with multimillion dollar lawsuits.

I do admit that I was interested in purchasing the TF account in the past (along with any other VIP account), however I was unable to do so. QS and TF have also never been one and the same. 
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:19:13 AM

sure you're not the original Tradefortress, you're the one that ended up with his account and some wallets.
Well I am glad we cleared that up. Based on your previous posts, I was under the impression that you were saying that I was the person who (supposedly - but probably) stole 4k+ BTC from users of inputs, and defaulted on coinlenders loans.

Although it is untrue, I do not have as much as an issue with you claiming that I purchased the TF account from TF (Or someone else), as this allegation does not involve the risk of me getting served with multimillion dollar lawsuits.

I do admit that I was interested in purchasing the TF account in the past (along with any other VIP account), however I was unable to do so. QS and TF have also never been one and the same. 

Sorry about that, for the record I do not believe you are the person that stole the Inputs.io wallet.

However, I am certain you have commandeered the name Tradefortres and a few of his old wallets.

Perhaps via an email hack?

I think your interest in supposedly purchasing TF name was to cover for the fact that you already had it and to give a path to deniability if you were ever connected.

~BCX~

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:14:54 AM

Sorry about that, for the record I do not believe you are the person that stole the Inputs.io wallet.

However, I am certain you have commandeered the name Tradefortres and a few of his old wallets.

Perhaps via an email hack?

I think your interest in supposedly purchasing TF name was to cover for the fact that you already had it and to give a path to deniability if you were ever connected.

~BCX~

That kind of allegation is nearly impossible to disprove, especially if you are going to say that I was able to steal wallets with bitcoin "in" them. Any kind of signed message is nearly useless because it would be possible that the person who is in control of the private key would give me the signature to the signed message.

I would point out that if I (or someone) did hack TF's account, then I would suspect that the "real" TF would have contacted theymos to regain access to their account, and I would suspect that the fact that TF donated 50BTC to the forum to get the VIP handle would put recovering TF's account closer to the top of theymos's to-do list then most other account recovery requests.

I can repeat that I at no point have ever controlled the TF account. I have also made several posts outside of meta, so if TF really is banned, and if I really do control the TF account then I would be ban evading. If TF was "pretending" to be banned, and I controlled the TF account, then I would think that BadBear would be pretty quick to point out that the ban is fake, and that we are alts. Beyond that all I can really suggest is that we can agree to disagree.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 03:26:55 AM

I can repeat that I at no point have ever controlled the TF account. I have also made several posts outside of meta, so if TF really is banned, and if I really do control the TF account then I would be ban evading. If TF was "pretending" to be banned, and I controlled the TF account, then I would think that BadBear would be pretty quick to point out that the ban is fake, and that we are alts. Beyond that all I can really suggest is that we can agree to disagree.

Geez, unless you know how to use proxies and remove cookies.

I'm sure a scam artist like you with multiple accounts knows how to fool the admins.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:05:10 AM

Geez, unless you know how to use proxies and remove cookies.

I'm sure a scam artist like you with multiple accounts knows how to fool the admins.
Except that there is no logical reason for someone to hide one alt, but not another when neither alt has scammed anyone.

Also it takes a lot more then using proxies and removing cookies to hide the fact that two accounts are alts from BadBear. It is possible for the Bear to know that two accounts are alts even if both use tor.

I also realize that you sometimes cannot control what you say, however it is strongly advisable that you refrain from libeling me in an effort to "prove" that you are right. I know that you like to smear those who disagree with you, and will engage in a smear campaign against those who your negative trust does not affect (besides me, just look at Brad Harrison for example as you pretty clearly made up stories of him being a pedo after your bogus negative trust did not shut him up)
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:03:36 AM

QS can't be TF because clearly TF is realsolid/matthew N wright/theymos. Think about it, they all use Bitcoin, they all code, clearly they are all one in the same, it all makes sense now, hashie.co, everything, it was all planned from the beginning, he used time travel to cover his tracks.

It's so obvious that there is no need for me to provide any proof to back up this baseless accusation. Come on guys, lets start a smear campaign against this time travelling pedo.

onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:03:19 AM

QS can't be TF because clearly TF is realsolid/matthew N wright/theymos. Think about it, they all use Bitcoin, they all code, clearly they are all one in the same, it all makes sense now, hashie.co, everything, it was all planned from the beginning, he used time travel to cover his tracks.

It's so obvious that there is no need for me to provide any proof to back up this baseless accusation. Come on guys, lets start a smear campaign against this time travelling pedo.

please dont make jokes about "pedos". there are people like me who react very sensible (like me...because of reasons...history...and i have a daughter too)

otherwise: good one Wink

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 12:41:00 AM

The original Tradefortress being Coinhunter makes more sense than you realize.

What I find funny is Quickseller still hasn't figured how he outted himself as the person that took control of TF account.

Hint: You logged into one of my sites from the same non VPN, non Tor IP as you did QS once.

~BCX~
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:06:36 AM

Wasn't Coinhunter involved with RealSolid at one point ? I'm a bit hazy on my SolidCoin history.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:36:33 AM

What I find funny is Quickseller still hasn't figured how he outted himself as the person that took control of TF account.

Hint: You logged into one of my sites from the same non VPN, non Tor IP as you did QS once.
LOL nice bluff. But no I am fairly certain that I did not login to any site that you control/own considering how careful I am about clicking on links, as well as the fact that I almost always have my VPN on.

Not only that but I don't see how you would be able to tell that I was in control of the TF account (which I am not, and never was) just from logging into some site.

If you are implying that Blazr is the same person as TF, then I can say with certainty that is not true and that they pretty much hate eachother. I would put the chances of Blazar being TF about the same as all the core (block-stream) devs agreeing that the max block size needs to be increased.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:37:57 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 12:44:07 AM by BitcoinEXpress

Wasn't Coinhunter involved with RealSolid at one point ? I'm a bit hazy on my SolidCoin history.

Coinhunter and Realsolid are one in in the same.

Confirmed by him numerous times in this forum.

~BCX~
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 10:35:35 PM

Coinhunter and Realsolid are in in the same.

~BCX~
been looking for an hour, i think this confirms it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=42234.msg514039#msg514039
some more evidence https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66535.msg773626;topicseen#msg773626

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:47:26 AM

Coinhunter and Realsolid are in in the same.

~BCX~
been looking for an hour, i think this confirms it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=42234.msg514039#msg514039
some more evidence https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66535.msg773626;topicseen#msg773626

There are many peope here who can confirm Coinhunter and Realsolid are one in the same.

Theymos
Badbear
Raoul Duke aka Psy <--Global Mod
Saltyspitoon  <--Global Mod
Smoothie

Many others.

~BCX~

Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 02:03:15 AM

Somebody told me that some guy was making death threats on the site, and never got banned. They begged me not to say the person's username, but...I don't know how long I can respect their wishes. The person didn't get banned because one of the moderators happen to be friends I think. Edit: I thought* sorry my English isn't spot on.

This site is looking more and more....questionable. I am surprised it hasn't been shut down. Honestly, we should just shut this site down if people's lives are getting threatened, because that is a total extreme.
That must of been a long time ago, now-a-days mods dont take no action against scams or death threats

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:55:30 AM

Somebody told me that some guy was making death threats on the site, and never got banned. They begged me not to say the person's username, but...I don't know how long I can respect their wishes. The person didn't get banned because one of the moderators happen to be friends I think. Edit: I thought* sorry my English isn't spot on.

This site is looking more and more....questionable. I am surprised it hasn't been shut down. Honestly, we should just shut this site down if people's lives are getting threatened, because that is a total extreme.

"Somebody told me that some guy" is kinda second hand info the person getting them would really need to come out.  And to be honest if it's credible or person is scared from them I don't think forum moderation is who you to go I would guess police, possible agency depending on country.

And honestly them not banning someone could be to collect more info on the person hoping to get real IP.  I mean it's all speculation.  But that somebody needs to decide if they feel worried over it or if it's a troll.  If true threat... contact proper authorities.  

This site is the biggest bitcoin forum I don't see that as questionable. You cant hold the site responsible for what someone types.  And honestly this really is something more for it's own thread it's kinda not on topic with original post.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:49:37 AM

"Somebody told me that some guy" is kinda second hand info the person getting them would really need to come out.  And to be honest if it's credible or person is scared from them I don't think forum moderation is who you to go I would guess police, possible agency depending on country.

And honestly them not banning someone could be to collect more info on the person hoping to get real IP.  I mean it's all speculation.  But that somebody needs to decide if they feel worried over it or if it's a troll.  If true threat... contact proper authorities.  

This site is the biggest bitcoin forum I don't see that as questionable. You cant hold the site responsible for what someone types.  And honestly this really is something more for it's own thread it's kinda not on topic with original post.
Somebody should be able to report it to a moderator, and a moderator should report it to police. Sad

You should have your friend start a thread as this is getting this one off topic.  But I still think it's the person who needs to report to police.  They know if real threat with real info, or some troll.  Moderators do not know a lot of the specifics.

But again this is getting off track of thread.  Go to meta - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0 and make a topic of your own if you feel it's a issue that needs discussed.  As I don't see death threat linking with account asking to be unbanned .
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:23:21 AM

Somebody should be able to report it to a moderator, and a moderator should report it to police. Sad

You should have your friend start a thread as this is getting this one off topic.  But I still think it's the person who needs to report to police.  They know if real threat with real info, or some troll.  Moderators do not know a lot of the specifics.

But again this is getting off track of thread.  Go to meta - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0 and make a topic of your own if you feel it's a issue that needs discussed.  As I don't see death threat linking with account asking to be unbanned .
You're right. Because they were off topic, I have deleted my posts. I apologize for any inconvenience.
hdd3go
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:54:44 AM

@SaltySpitoon: I disagree. That's not what happened in my case. You gave relatively specific directions to where you believed theymos's dox could be found, because you seemed to believe that people have posted his dox w/o real consequence. I gave relatively specific directions to where theymos' dox could be found to correct your information, with the impression that what you posted was OK.

Neither of these circumstances involved trolling, or posting it for the purposes to annoy someone. This is looking like theymos is indiscriminately banning people, excessively I would say, in order to assert his power and prevent his dox from being disseminated -- not for moderation principles of trolling, spam, et al.

Excuse me, could I ask is there a auto ban system on the forum? and how it works?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 10:55:42 AM

Excuse me, could I ask is there a auto ban system on the forum? and how it works?

It is theorised / claimed that attempting posting the link in the blockchain where someone put theymos's dox, or posting his phone number ends in an autoban for 3 months.

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:14:47 PM

It is theorised / claimed that attempting posting the link in the blockchain where someone put theymos's dox, or posting his phone number ends in an autoban for 3 months.

Really?
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 02:59:27 PM

Really?

Apparently so. Should be over very soon if it was for 3 months.

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:10:17 PM

Really?

Apparently so. Should be over very soon if it was for 3 months.

We are waiting for TF.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:31:53 PM

please dont make jokes about "pedos". there are people like me who react very sensible (like me...because of reasons...history...and i have a daughter too)

otherwise: good one Wink

Oh really ?

Seems a bunch of you are nailing me with Pedo shit..
YOU created a poll on me to attack me then your cohorts / sympathizers accused me of being a Pedo.
VOD did this to me.. read my neg feedback.

Further more i had two family members molested.. MY sisters 1st daughter for example.
By the guy she was married to.. my brother went over with a bat before i even found out about it.
You think i appreciate being accused of that ?
My parents were robbing banks when i was growing up and i was taught Pedo's and Rats need to be beat down.
So no i woudl never be a Pedo or Rat LOL

@onemorexmr
i see you marching around here spouting off stupid hypocritical crap all the time.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:32:28 PM

~BCX~

Did you "pixel" guys again BCX ? LOL

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:34:10 PM

LOL nice bluff. But no I am fairly certain that I did not login to any site that you control/own considering how careful I am about clicking on links, as well as the fact that I almost always have my VPN on.

Not only that but I don't see how you would be able to tell that I was in control of the TF account (which I am not, and never was) just from logging into some site.

If you are implying that Blazr is the same person as TF, then I can say with certainty that is not true and that they pretty much hate eachother. I would put the chances of Blazar being TF about the same as all the core (block-stream) devs agreeing that the max block size needs to be increased.

You don't need to click ANY external links for guys to track you Wink

Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:55:33 PM

I need to get in contact with TF or anyone else who can help me recover my inputs.io money. This is an emergency situation, I don't have many options here. Please send me a message if you can help me in anyway. Regards, Will aka slowlorry

I believe your money are lost.
inputs.io was "hacked" years ago.
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:06:56 PM

I need to get in contact with TF or anyone else who can help me recover my inputs.io money. This is an emergency situation, I don't have many options here. Please send me a message if you can help me in anyway. Regards, Will aka slowlorry

I am aware of that but getting back the money is the last hope I have for saving my house and I'm going to do whatever it takes to do that. A user here apparently has the operators details, though I've no idea if that's the case as I found out that the details posted elsewhere on the forum are fake. I live in Melbourne and have access to some really good lawyers, I promise I won't give up easy. I need as much help as I can help so I'm begging anyone who can help me to recover the funds or help me at all please get in contact with me. Regards, Will

I am afraid you are wasting your time, your money is lost, sorry  Sad
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 10:14:17 PM

This is an emergency situation

getting back the money is the last hope I have for saving my house

I have access to some really good lawyers

If you don't have money to pay your bills then stop spending it on lawyers #justspondooliesthings.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 10:21:35 PM

I believe that TF still owns glados.cc. There is contact information on that site.
Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:26:53 PM

I am aware of that but getting back the money is the last hope I have for saving my house and I'm going to do whatever it takes to do that. A user here apparently has the operators details, though I've no idea if that's the case as I found out that the details posted elsewhere on the forum are fake. I live in Melbourne and have access to some really good lawyers, I promise I won't give up easy. I need as much help as I can help so I'm begging anyone who can help me to recover the funds or help me at all please get in contact with me. Regards, Will

I am afraid you are wasting your time, your money is lost, sorry  Sad

There are two possibilities. Either TF stole the money or he was negligent with it and it got stolen by someone else. Either way he owes me damages. Whether the site was really hacked is irrelevant. He ran another website that just scammed people, clearly showing what his intentions were with inputs.io. Blazr said he has his details and someone called TF on the phone. If that is true then subpoenas are going to fly until we have proof of who the guy is which we can then show a judge. Hope is not lost, there is still a fight left. There is precedence set in similar cases in Australia. I just need to talk to tf or Blazr.

The lawyer is my uncle, he owns a law firm. If there is a solid case he has promised I won't have to pay him unless I win.

You could try google and see what comes up.... example:

TradeFortress DOX

By the way, can your uncle get my Mt.Gox money now that he is on it? please?  Grin
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:09:21 AM

If you don't have money to pay your bills then stop spending it on lawyers #justspondooliesthings.
There is a fairly good chance that this person is an alt of TF.....
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 05:17:03 AM

Right. How TF is TF asking for their account to be unbanned? Asshat ran off with 4,000.00+ BTC in one "hack" of inputs.io and then another 1K BTC if I remember correctly. FU TF. Asshat.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 12:36:37 PM

Right. How TF is TF asking for their account to be unbanned? Asshat ran off with 4,000.00+ BTC in one "hack" of inputs.io and then another 1K BTC if I remember correctly. FU TF. Asshat.

Ass... Hat?

I guess Theymos really doesn't want tradefortress around anymore. This alt seems to have been banned already. At least not nuked...

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 01:02:46 PM

How do you know that  Grin?

if you had /and used a lot of alt-account it doesn't mean you can 'spot' the others.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 03:26:14 PM

if you had /and used a lot of alt-account it doesn't mean you can 'spot' the others.

I don't know who it is but its probably a troll.

1. Claims to have an immediate financial need in order to prevent defaulting his mortgage
2. Then wants to pay for a lawyer to sue TF
3. Then the lawyer is his uncle who will presumably work for free
4. But that uncle is too tight just to help him with his mortgage
5. And once he 'finds' TF he will complete a 2-3 year legal case in ...  a week.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 03:28:47 PM

I don't know who it is but its probably a troll.

1. Claims to have an immediate financial need in order to prevent defaulting his mortgage
2. Then wants to pay for a lawyer to sue TF
3. Then the lawyer is his uncle who will presumably work for free
4. But that uncle is too tight just to help him with his mortgage
5. And once he 'finds' TF he will complete a 2-3 year legal case in ...  a week.

Yeah, maybe a troll  ... no it's 100% a troll  Roll Eyes.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:40:20 AM

Based on the timing. He had sent me a PM asking if I have contact information for Blazr (who has TF's dox) around 15 minutes prior to him making this post. He also very interestingly found a deleted post (of which I received no notification of being deleted) that contains a statement that blazr will only release TF's dox to lawyers who are suing TF.

I don't believe that someone would have left 1k BTC in inputs, especially, IIRC, deposits over 1BTC were all refunded (or at least there were posts that deposits over 1 BTC were going to be refunded) (there are claims against TF re: inputs that are greater then 1 BTC so this is probably not the case).

I know that both blazr and tf have accused each-other of being extortionists and it is possible that this person was tf trying to confirm that his dox is in fact safe from being released after one of the two parties extorted the other -- this would also explain blazr's absence as of late. This is of course speculation.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 04:19:03 PM

Serious question, does TF remained permabanned from this?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: