Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416529 times)
xxxDD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:10:01 AM

I don't know whether bitcoin will replace paper money or not, but

I know that in the future paper money will be disappear and replace by others, may be card or else
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
draceus

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:31:59 AM

I don't think that paper money can be or will be banned or not, but I can't see any such signal.

Countries can move to become a paperless nation by promoting debit cards but they will still need backup and they will keep the money in their vaults.

It is not easy to simply ban or stop using decades old fiat system. Probably after few decades we will see such changes, but not anytime soon.

yeah I agree with you friend but all people think only about future then the future of the paper money now i am thinking about it wrong not correct what time easy and I hope very soon will come paper money good .

avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:41:05 AM

I know that in the future paper money will be disappear and replace by others, may be card or else

I think Paper money will dissapear over time naturally, but the central banks/govs will still issue whatever currency as they wont want to give all the power and control away. It would be great if bitcoin overtook fiat currencies naturally and people just gradually moved over to that and refused to use any state backed currency.
xxxDD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:03:07 AM

I think Paper money will dissapear over time naturally, but the central banks/govs will still issue whatever currency as they wont want to give all the power and control away. It would be great if bitcoin overtook fiat currencies naturally and people just gradually moved over to that and refused to use any state backed currency.

That's hard because every country gov cannot control bitcoin, that make them scare that they will not have economic power anymore.
People don't like the thing they can't control
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:56:19 AM

I think you are right because in the future everything is gonna be digital, and by everything I mean everything.
The bitcoin is already digital so it has a step a head compared with other currency's, keep in mind that the bitcoin has a good future these days, and the paper money does not have this at all because like I already mentioned everything is gonna be digital.
adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:12:28 AM

Someday it will, but for now, i don't think paper money will dissapear. Maybe in big country such Japan and America, paper money will dissapear soon. But for third world country, money paper will not dissapear.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:46:47 AM

The future of the paper money is not good at all because there are some many people digitally paying right now and the fact is that everything is gonna be digital in the future.
I think the bitcoin can even let it happen that the paper money will fully disappear if the bitcoin stay growing like for a lot of years.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:04:54 AM

I think #Bitcoin will be one of major currency and replacing #Fiat on 2050...

Why do people keep saying that. Question is are we still alive on that day that bitcoin is the currency for all. You cant just change fiat just like that. That is too futuristic to tell and there is no proof.
yeah to say that bitcoin will replace fiat can not just talk without proof dude. You need something that makes bitcoin is more powerful than fiat?
Technologically probably better bitcoin i know it. but is it only that can beat fiat ?
Sandroxa

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:08:48 AM

Paper money will definitely be around for the next couple of years. Making paper money disappear and making everything digital would be a huge task that would require planning and quiet some years  for it to happen. But it can surely happen that in the future everything will be digital.    
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:43:50 AM

Why do people keep saying that. Question is are we still alive on that day that bitcoin is the currency for all. You cant just change fiat just like that. That is too futuristic to tell and there is no proof.
I think that paper money will exist of course in the future and that there will also be a lot of people that will still using paper money in the future and that is very nice.
We all know that Bitcoin is getting more used now, but that doesnt mean that paper money will disappear.

Yeah that is what I am trying to say. Just cant find the right words. Well you did hit it now. Let's just focus on using it more as daily or weekly basis. That way maybe someday people will accept it too as a means of payment.

I'm thinking the same thing plus the fact is that paper money always is something that can never disappear in my opinion because some people only have cash money.
Another fact is that elderly people do not know how everything works digitally so they are holding all their money in cash or on a bank but not digitally, I think that could also be one of the reasons its not going to disappear anytime soon.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:10:20 PM

Don't think the paper money will live long. I believe even now it's just 5% in paper. The future is digital.
I don't think as last year the report said that still 70-80% transactions take place in cash rather than banks. The future can be digital but cash will always be an option of those who don't want to pay taxes just like bitcoiners.
omegaaf

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:13:13 PM

Don't think the paper money will live long. I believe even now it's just 5% in paper. The future is digital.
I don't think as last year the report said that still 70-80% transactions take place in cash rather than banks. The future can be digital but cash will always be an option of those who don't want to pay taxes just like bitcoiners.

I think you are right, cash will always serve some purpose. But, eventually other currencies convenience will pass that of USD and will become the main use.
WEBcreator

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:24:38 PM

It may seems to be that people will still be using cash however 20 % of cashless payment is a great addition. The world is not changing drastically however it will change slowly and sooner or the later the majority of the transaction will be by using cashless payment which is why bitcoin currency will has a great usage for that purpose

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 08:28:59 PM

Paper money is standing tall at a moment and I don't see any threat to paper money from bitcoin in future too as the users of paper money are widely spread and same we cannot say about bitcoin.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:18:19 AM

I think that paper money will exist of course in the future and that there will also be a lot of people that will still using paper money in the future and that is very nice.
We all know that Bitcoin is getting more used now, but that doesnt mean that paper money will disappear.

Yeah that is what I am trying to say. Just cant find the right words. Well you did hit it now. Let's just focus on using it more as daily or weekly basis. That way maybe someday people will accept it too as a means of payment.

I'm thinking the same thing plus the fact is that paper money always is something that can never disappear in my opinion because some people only have cash money.
Another fact is that elderly people do not know how everything works digitally so they are holding all their money in cash or on a bank but not digitally, I think that could also be one of the reasons its not going to disappear anytime soon.

That is one more good point and I can make that an example also.

I know old people that lives in some provinces whenever I do vacations and their money are stashed in their homes.
Some put their money in the wooden pillars of their house. Sounds not real? It is real. I have seen it. Some also have old boxes and all money are there.

Look some people want something that they can hold and see. That will be the problem here when you destroy paper money.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:28:23 AM

Noone know it would happened, like in 1800 people think we will never can make a conversation / communication from a distance.
You know here we are , talking from a distance. A dreamer always be a winner. So keep dreaming bitcoin to replace fiat. 
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:30:56 AM

Look some people want something that they can hold and see. That will be the problem here when you destroy paper money.

Digital currency is something that you can hold as well. There is always an option for people to put their coins into some physical things, therefore people could always hold onto something. However when that times come, those old people will be gone. Not saying that i dont respect the elders however when the worlds advancing for digital currency, it will be for 50 years of now
quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:39:34 PM

yes we all never know about future,but we can predict it with collect some factor on nowdays to predict future. and i guess in the future bitcoin will not replace bitcoin,its different acceptable between paper money and bitcoin,and i'm also guess that paper money will not dissapear.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:57:29 PM

yes we all never know about future,but we can predict it with collect some factor on nowdays to predict future. and i guess in the future bitcoin will not replace bitcoin,its different acceptable between paper money and bitcoin,and i'm also guess that paper money will not dissapear.

But its really difficult to predict that paper money will simply disappear in future as I don't see any competition from bitcoin to paper money as the users of paper money are huge in compare to bitcoins.
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:29:17 PM

But its really difficult to predict that paper money will simply disappear in future as I don't see any competition from bitcoin to paper money as the users of paper money are huge in compare to bitcoins.

Realistically, if its till here in our present.

I highly doubt it will die in the future.. only because this has been the longest form of ponzi for a while to everyone.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: