Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:13:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit trading  (Read 242485 times)
Krayshock

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:46:54 AM

Now at present trading is the best earning method. Trading would never make one to quit it, only if don't follow the proper tactics.

if you know how to read the market and have enough patience, then you can make a more than decent amount with trading throughout the year. however, a lot people here don't have much patience as they are chasing quick profits. these people will mostly switch to an altcoin if the bitcoin price doesn't move much. they get bored and invest without thinking about the risks.
You need indeed some patience in trading, and I understand that you want to quit with it but you need to wait for a good price increase so you will have a good profit.
But it is hard to know for what is going to happen with the future, but we all hope for the best thing that can happen with the value of the coin.

I agree with this one. Plus the demands of bitcoin changes every time. Bitcoin and altcoin exchanges so far are the most complicated and unpredictable exchanges that I've ever had. In trading, quitting shall never be an option unless you're satisfied with the money that you have.
The OP had enough, and losing 7 BTC is basically not a joke. But well, that's another case.

❰❰ OPHION ❱❱▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨ A SECURE, ANONYMOUS & DECENTRALIZED MARKET ▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨❰❰ OPHION ❱❱
TRADE GOODS OR SERVICES ■NO LOGGING - AT ALL■ 2 OF 3 MULTISIG AUTOMATION ■SELLER/BUYER RATING SYSTEM■ AND MANY MORE
❰❰▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❰❰ JOIN THE CROWDSALE ❱❱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❱❱

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 06:21:39 PM

Now at present trading is the best earning method. Trading would never make one to quit it, only if don't follow the proper tactics.

What the heck is present trading?

"At present" means "right now", that is, at this very moment

bakingbad

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:29:49 PM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

if you don't want to trade anymore then you can try gamble them, i know that it is very risky so you shouldn't gamble with dice game or so, but you should try skill based game like poker or even try a sport bets, they're pretty safe, or you can invest them in gambling or loans site but it is risky too
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:02:39 PM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

if you don't want to trade anymore then you can try gamble them, i know that it is very risky so you shouldn't gamble with dice game or so, but you should try skill based game like poker or even try a sport bets, they're pretty safe, or you can invest them in gambling or loans site but it is risky too

Whatever game you play, gambling will always be gambling. At the end the house will 99% of the time take all your money.

It's really not worth it. Investing in a trusted gambling site may work out better, but still, you give away the control over you coins. That's the negative side of it.

I know this is an old thread, but OP made a great decision to stop as he is tired of everything.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:19:46 PM

If he is unable to earn better with trading then it means that he is also unable to survive in any skill-based gambling. As trading require some skill and knowledge and intelligence while in gambling it require these factors at much higher level. So I think if one person is unable to trade then he definitely is unable to win any gambling.

I will suggest him to start some business online or offling, like a website or some offline factory.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 06:29:07 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2016, 08:41:31 AM by deisik

If he is unable to earn better with trading then it means that he is also unable to survive in any skill-based gambling. As trading require some skill and knowledge and intelligence while in gambling it require these factors at much higher level. So I think if one person is unable to trade then he definitely is unable to win any gambling

Different activities require different skills and mentality, so your conclusion is pretty much unfounded and superficial. I would certainly stay away from making such sweeping generalizations...

There is no one size fits all skill

yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 08:15:56 AM

trading just like gambling,ist almost same,you can lost money or get profit on it,but i'm sure trading not addict as like gambling,and i'm also sure that people can stop trading if they lost some money,but people dont stop playing gambling even they lost so much money,reality?? Cheesy
Erzatium

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 01:51:54 PM

Its not the best moment to quit trading, because you can make some more money later with Bitcoin and that can be very good it is also getting more worth I hope in the future.
Trading is much better than if you are going to gamble, because you can lose more money in gambling than trading so trading is not that bad.

It will be nice if there will be more people that is going to use Bitcoin and that they are also start to trade.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:12:20 PM

Try binary options, check the market and make fast profit. Just imagine - make profit in 1 minute  Grin
ripplehd

Activity: 154

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 02:54:41 PM

Try binary options, check the market and make fast profit. Just imagine - make profit in 1 minute  Grin
thats what i have tried i invested in the usd/eur one but it kept saying i lost for both up and down. Then i tried the 5 second one, betted high and won but im new to it so it would be good if someone could start a binary trading discussion that will help out drastically on when to bet and how to keep on making profit with trading

jod_doj

Activity: 179

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:33:03 PM

yeah no wonder people quit it quite often without making any profit, its a really hard thing to do and making money with crypto trading is hard as the price fluctuates so hard that no one can predit that

i used to do some trading too though i was in for only a few months or so and max amount of money i had was just 0.7 bitcoins
Olaf

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:38:12 PM

If this were only true.

Then everyone would be doing it obviously.. profit in 1 min.. please.

Everyone would be doing that then going to gambling dice sites then.

plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:56:50 PM

if i was you i will invest it in gambling site if you don't want to trade anymore or you can convert some to cash and have a holyday :p or somethink fun XD really you need to make them more and more :p

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 04:32:29 PM

Making profit in a minute get lost by the falling minute. Just now lost 20$ on sports betting which I earned little by little. I feel not to engage in gambling sites anymore, sometimes it looks to be making us fool.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Kalder

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:00:32 AM

Making profit in a minute get lost by the falling minute. Just now lost 20$ on sports betting which I earned little by little. I feel not to engage in gambling sites anymore, sometimes it looks to be making us fool.

I do not call betting a way to make profit. In long term, you will lose. If you just want to have fun, it is ok to gamble.

trashman43

Activity: 298

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:21:44 PM

I do not call betting a way to make profit. In long term, you will lose. If you just want to have fun, it is ok to gamble.

i guess this is a semantic issue. i think of any trade as a "bet" -- a bet that the market will move one way or the other. the question is, do you have an edge, or are you gambling? only trade if you are EV+ imo.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:15:22 PM

I guess $20 is small money to you lol.

But a $20 worth can go 4 meals for me.. so gambling $20 or any amount I have no interest and nor should others. Unless you have a high winning odds because something is in your favor.
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:02:29 AM

Around this time it will be not smart to quit trading because the value will rise slowly in the future and that can be good for trading, so you can earn more profit in the future and that is nice.
But you have to be doing good and in the beginning start with some low prices and later you can have more profit.
Olaf

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 05:36:18 PM

i guess this is a semantic issue. i think of any trade as a "bet" -- a bet that the market will move one way or the other. the question is, do you have an edge, or are you gambling? only trade if you are EV+ imo.

Because it is though lol.

And youre right what you said, a "bet" is a risk form of the unknown of what the result maybe but is okay with the outcome of good or bad lol. Most people dont think that through on what you mentioned with "edge" and other forms to mitigate the risk lol.

niall05

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:23:21 AM

If because u quit trading the option is try to invest your bitcoin amin an legit investment site . before u invest try to search if us legit or scam . invest at ur own risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: