Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:29:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I quit trading  (Read 242485 times)
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 11:20:58 AM

If because u quit trading the option is try to invest your bitcoin amin an legit investment site . before u invest try to search if us legit or scam . invest at ur own risk.

Holding the coins for long-term is a good plan, but only if you buy them at lowest prices and have the patience it takes to actually wait longer, that is long-term trading and in BTC, I have seen that the least risk is doing long-term trading...
And about investments, most are scams so why to risk your coins in someone else's hands???

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:19:51 PM

If because u quit trading the option is try to invest your bitcoin amin an legit investment site . before u invest try to search if us legit or scam . invest at ur own risk.

buying and holding bitcoin is just so boring, there is not excitement or not money in that. i always prefer trading over holding and most definitely over investing in another business that can rip me off.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 12:51:23 AM

7 btc lost is a pretty steep lesson to learn geeze
I feel sorry for the OP
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:17:32 AM

not executing trading is an option. I choose to trade because of trading in my favor. each one has advantages and disadvantages of each.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:33:58 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 05:47:26 AM by Amph

I feel sorry for the OP

yeah i've lost at least 40, due to have missed a big opportunity of profit in trading with two old altcoin

but trading is a gamble, so there is a certain risk involved, there is no lesson to learn, it will happen again and again
niall05

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:50:52 AM

I feel sorry for the OP

yeah i've lost at least 40, due to have missed a big opportunity of profit in trading with two old altcoin

but trading is a gabmle, so there is a certain risk involved, there is no lesson to learn, it will happen again and again
If u are first time in trading u need to learn how the coin moving if it is going up or if is going down.
For me trading is the best so don't quit trading
niall05

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:53:19 AM

not executing trading is an option. I choose to trade because of trading in my favor. each one has advantages and disadvantages of each.
Yeah boy trading is my option also. Ur bitcoin is in your hand . your hours in your hand and your income is in your hand. But the trading have a risk also. But it is good for me trading Wink)
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:21:12 AM

buying and holding bitcoin is just so boring, there is not excitement or not money in that. i always prefer trading over holding and most definitely over investing in another business that can rip me off.

Truly buying and holding for a price rise makes users get bored when you are a experienced trader or enthusiast in business. I believe right now holding gives profit as halving is near. You can do trade after halving gets over.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 10:59:54 AM

Yeah boy trading is my option also. Ur bitcoin is in your hand . your hours in your hand and your income is in your hand. But the trading have a risk also. But it is good for me trading Wink)

I beg to differ. Your bitcoin is not in your hand. It is in the hands of an exchange you were lucky (or unfortunate) to trade at...

Someday you will learn this difference the hard way

BruceLee007

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 03:45:24 PM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

maybe ,if you lost money in trading, it means that you're bad trader, or did dumb mistakes, or unlucky? anyway i wouldn't quit it as it is very profitable way to earn money

but if you don't want trading, then you could try other ways to earn like holding them in your wallet, it is not risky too, you just have to sell them at right time when they are very expensive
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:27:44 AM

Holding the coins for long-term is a good plan, but only if you buy them at lowest prices and have the patience it takes to actually wait longer, that is long-term trading and in BTC, I have seen that the least risk is doing long-term trading...
And about investments, most are scams so why to risk your coins in someone else's hands???
It is good to trade around this time you can now not make profit if you are selling now your Bitcoins because the value is now stable and low so it wont be smart for you.
If you want to sell it than it will be smarter if you are waiting a longer time for a price increase.
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:31:21 AM

I feel sorry for the OP

but trading is a gabmle, so there is a certain risk involved, there is no lesson to learn, it will happen again and again
Wow that's really steep. You really lost 40btc? Just imagine how much you could've done with that amount. I feel sorry for you, sir.
But I really like your attitude with trading as I see you won't give up and accepted the fact that you took a risk and lost from it. You're somebody that every dedicated trader should follow.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 10:11:39 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 03:10:45 PM by deisik

I feel sorry for the OP

The lesson to take home is to stay away from trading (unless you know a thing or two, lol). Believe me, those who earn by trading on a steady basis are those who can somehow arbitrage the system (know the thing). Even those who are exceptionally lucky to profit by simple trading (epitomized by the "buy low, sell high" mantra) are still doomed if they don't get out in time. Otherwise, as you said, it is not much different from gambling...

And I don't mean just Bitcoin

adomers

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:27:09 AM

I feel sorry for the OP

you've learned something. Not like me with gambling. I gambled, then took a loan to gamble more. Didn't learn until after the bad shit happened.
Gahs

Activity: 294

Minter

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:18:03 AM

So guys, after 2 years of trading i am going to stop. (unless i have full time to trade, which i currently don't)

I have calculated all my trades on the various platforms i have used in the last couple years.

Deposited: 47BTC (roughly)

Withdrew: 40BTC (roughly)

Overall i am happy with the results, i would pay 7 BTC anyday for what i have learned so far.

Now the question is: what the fuck do i do now with my money.

How about keeping it safe in a vault armoury till you are ready to trade again.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:49:28 AM

I feel sorry for the OP

The lesson to take home is to stay away from trading (unless you know a thing or two, lol). Believe me, those who earn by trading on a steady basis are those who can somehow arbitrage the system (know the thing). Even those who are exceptionally lucky to profit by simple trading (epitomized by the "buy low, sell high" mantra) are still doomed if they don't get out in time. Otherwise, as you said, it is not much different from gambling...

the good thing is that i have not lost directly those money, the first altcoin was a giveaway, but i didn't sold at the right time, so instead of receiving 20 btc i received only 1, i was hoping to do more, i was to greedy i admit

the second same thing, i instamined it early but i waited too long before selling, and it became worthless quickly
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 06:01:53 AM

I feel sorry for the OP

the good thing is that i have not lost directly those money, the first altcoin was a giveaway, but i didn't sold at the right time, so instead of receiving 20 btc i received only 1, i was hoping to do more, i was to greedy i admit

the second same thing, i instamined it early but i waited too long before selling, and it became worthless quickly

Losing 40 BTC is not the same as not earning 40 BTC, lol. It doesn't feel good either, but not as desperate as actually squandering the money away...

pooya87
Legendary

Merit: 10555

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:00:05 AM

I feel sorry for the OP

Losing 40 BTC is not the same as not earning 40 BTC, lol. It doesn't feel good either, but not as desperate as actually squandering the money away...

i agree, losing 40 bitcoin "in trading" is so much harder than earning it. because you don't wake up one morning seeing the price going to zero, it takes time and every trader with minimum brain function who is investing >40BTC knows to sell before it is too late so you will always lose less.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:32:29 PM

i think now is best time to quit trading.
because if i see the chart if btc prize in several months, the price is stable  Grin
Kalder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 05:26:46 PM

If it were me, I would put away 1/2 of your btc or do a brokered hold with a investment firm and let them invest for you.  I have bitcoin invested with my banking company that has been making me a little profit.
and you know as well as i do profit is nice.  I have mine invested with a major bank, investment, and insurance company that has been around longer than most banking firms, if your x military i'm sure you know about usaa.

You dont have to constantly keep an eye on it, you know its there, and its safe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: