Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:36:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The 21 Bitcoin Computer  (Read 11782 times)
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:15:16 PM

Seems like this is designed to facilitate microtransactions but during recent blocksize debate everyone is saying microtransactions will be dead  Huh
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:16:33 PM

i laughed so hard i vomited in my mouth a little at this

21.co was gonna change the game. Gonna change the world. Gonna usher in the new Bitcoin era

$121m in VC money buys them the same hardware people use to connect their shitty keurigs to the internet so they have something to write an instructables guide about

bitcoin is indistinguishable from parody

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:17:45 PM

Seems like this is designed to facilitate microtransactions but during recent blocksize debate everyone is saying microtransactions will be dead  Huh

even if the blocksize debate fell into favor of the microtransaction crowd, these devices would fill up these tiny SD cards like lightning, if they dont die of write exhaustion first

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:18:11 PM

Who is "everyone"? 

You have an interesting account tagline RE: sullen ground. Reminds me of a Bit Gold proponent.   Wink
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:23:13 PM

This does seem pretty sweet, but I really want to learn more about it. 

https://21.co/faq/

Still very vague. I can't seem to udnerstand how will this facilitate Bitcoin payment integration in websites, as it apparently does. Why should a merchant opt for this instead of BitPay, Electrum payment functionality, just giving out an address, etc?

MICROPAYMENTS

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:24:10 PM

0.16 Joules per Gigahash and can calculate 50-125 Gigahashes per second.[/i]"

That is a huge spread and equates to a return of ~ negative 317 dollars in 3 years and only if you have free electricity. I am puzzled at what the purpose of this device is and will withhold judgment until they can demonstrate how one can at least break even with this device with their "Micropayments Server"

The only thing that makes sense is if this "Micropayments Server" facilitated selling excess bandwidth to peers and the reason Qualcomm is involved.
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:33:03 PM

0.16 Joules per Gigahash and can calculate 50-125 Gigahashes per second.[/i]"

That is a huge spread and equates to a return of ~ negative 317 dollars in 3 years and only if you have free electricity. I am puzzled at what the purpose of this device is and will withhold judgment until they can demonstrate how one can at least break even with this device with their "Micropayments Server"

The only thing that makes sense is if this "Micropayments Server" facilitated selling excess bandwidth to peers and the reason Qualcomm is involved.
I really don't think anyone with any knowledge would buy this purely on the mining factor, and I don't think that's what they are pushing for.

then why add mining chip that would just be a pure loss?

The focus of light full node is efficiency so we can use it everywhere.

This company is a joke with no vision whatsoever. I would hate to say this but we are exactly like 1999-2000 of dot com boom. VC just poured money into crappy companies and hyped up the whole industry. These bitcoin start-up bubble will burst just as bad.
meono

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:35:20 PM

This is amazing  Shocked

lol for a guy without any technical knowledge whatsoever...... amazing is right.... until they realize what it actually does.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:35:25 PM

I really don't think anyone with any knowledge would buy this purely on the mining factor, and I don't think that's what they are pushing for.

I understand, but they are extremely vague as to what makes this device unique vs any other marketplace where one can sell their goods and services for bitcoin with their regular computer.

The only thing that would make sense is if these devices had some unique advantage where they were given privy to directly sell excess bandwidth to Qualcomm devices.  

The only purpose of the mining chip is to facilitate non-bitcoin users the ability to use the bitcoin blockchain without buying bitcoin. Unfortunately this device isn't marketed for this demo so is very puzzling indeed.

Perhaps they intended to create routers and utilities but after testing couldn't pull off their vision so had to release something and all that VC money allowed them to grab 3-4 % of the worldwide hashrate so have settled on the business model of mining . This would truly be disappointing.
brg444

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:43:16 PM

I understand, but they are extremely vague as to what makes this device unique vs any other marketplace where one can sell their goods and services for bitcoin with their regular computer.

The only thing that would make sense is if these devices had some unique advantage where they were given privy to directly sell excess bandwidth to Qualcomm devices.  

The only purpose of the mining chip is to facilitate non-bitcoin users the ability to use the bitcoin blockchain without buying bitcoin. Unfortunately this device isn't marketed for this demo so is very puzzling indeed.

Perhaps they intended to create routers and utilities but after testing couldn't pull off their vision so had to release something.

It is not a marketplace. It is a platform for internet content monetization and device-to-device micropayments.

The device is here to lubricate payments flow by enabling device to speak together using the Bitcoin protocol by having them absolutely tiny amounts (satoshis).

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 09:44:02 PM

I would rather have an AntRouter R1 once Bitmain starts shipping.

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:44:52 PM

It is not a marketplace. It is a platform for internet content monetization and device-to-device micropayments.

Why does one need hardware to facilitate this when software on existing hardware can facilitate the same?
brg444

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:49:05 PM

Why does one need hardware to facilitate this when software on existing hardware can facilitate the same?

Read here:

https://medium.com/@21dotco/a-bitcoin-miner-in-every-device-and-in-every-hand-e315b40f2821

BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:51:15 PM

I would rather have an AntRouter R1 once Bitmain starts shipping.
We don't have a price on it would you really be willing to purchase one for 100$? Bitmain is definitely taking its time with it as well.

The point is valid though as a device that either served dual purposes (I have to buy a 50 dollar router anyways might as well get one that I can get some free money with if the power usage is indeed negligible) and/or a device that recycled the waste heat for a useful purpose would make sense.

This device doesn't justify itself without further explanation.  
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:54:11 PM

Thanks, but I read that back in May and it is vague as well. It appears they are dumping their unfinished device onto the community hoping that someone else can find a purpose for it. I have to think of very creative solutions to possibly turn a profit with this thing.
meono

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:59:56 PM

Thanks, but I read that back in May and it is vague as well. It appears they are dumping their unfinished device onto the community hoping that someone else can find a purpose for it. I have to think of very creative solutions to possibly turn a profit with this thing.

Its vague because they dont have anything innovation. Its like they're trying to do a pitch in "Shark Tank", you know all vague words without any real shit behind it. I bet the founders know this too.

LOL rPi is not even that stable. Any miner use it as a host know this.

Ask Spoodoolies why they didnt use rPi
pilscoop

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:03:01 PM

This is interesting.
I'm looking forward to see what people come up with.
It's like the Raspberry Pi of Bitcoin
BitUsher
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:08:22 PM

Well if they can't they could always pump out miners with that chip that currently outperforms the S7's chips.

Valid point, but those investors were sold something else.

S7 Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
21 Power Efficiency: 0.16 J/GH

That is indeed an achievement, will be interesting if that efficiency can scale or if heat becomes and issue and what the price point of those chips are.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:08:35 PM

The perfect compliment for this "bitcoin computer" would be a few of those "mining lightbulbs" so you can see your money being wasted more clearly.
brg444

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:33:12 PM

How else do you enable true micropayment possibilities than by allowing ubiquitous access to mining?

These folks are very, very clever.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: