Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:57:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip  (Read 77434 times)
daemonpro

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:45:10 AM

hey guys i just bought a antrouter r1 from crazyguy i love it and 100% support and recomend him to anyone who wants to buy anything bit related

also is anyone able to help me out

my house is pretty hot and i think the heat is causeing my R1 to zombie its only been doing it the last couple of days (and its been +20 c outside) so my house i slike 30 ish (no ac)

is anyone able to help me with a script to reboot my antrouter r1 every 30 min to a hour so that i can assure while im working it wont zombie out and not mine anything for 16 hours lol

any help would be muchly appreciated

There already is a script that should restart cgminer if the internal miner doesn't submit a share in x amount of time.

Can you be more specific on how it zombies out?

so im not 100% sure i notice it when i come home at night after working 12 hours

today it wasnt mining for 13 hours and i left home maybe 16 hours ago

its only been recent what happens is ill notice the bitcoin light on the R1 will be lit 100% and im not mining nothing and only way to fix it is to unplug and it happens again after a couple hours

its only been recent like i said weve had very nice weather so im thinking the heat of my room is causing it to overheat or something but it 100% zombies out

when it does this i cannot log into the router like the whole device is frozen

its kind of like if ur pc freezes and becomes unresponsive

the first couple days i had it i made it like 5 days without a single zombie and i noticed that it reboots every 12 hours or something by itself but the last like 3 days its been freezing up with a constant bitcoin light and i cant do nothing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:47:27 AM

hey guys i just bought a antrouter r1 from crazyguy i love it and 100% support and recomend him to anyone who wants to buy anything bit related

my house is pretty hot and i think the heat is causeing my R1 to zombie its only been doing it the last couple of days (and its been +20 c outside) so my house i slike 30 ish (no ac)

is anyone able to help me with a script to reboot my antrouter r1 every 30 min to a hour so that i can assure while im working it wont zombie out and not mine anything for 16 hours lol

There already is a script that should restart cgminer if the internal miner doesn't submit a share in x amount of time.

so im not 100% sure i notice it when i come home at night after working 12 hours

its only been recent what happens is ill notice the bitcoin light on the R1 will be lit 100% and im not mining nothing and only way to fix it is to unplug and it happens again after a couple hours

its only been recent like i said weve had very nice weather so im thinking the heat of my room is causing it to overheat or something but it 100% zombies out

the first couple days i had it i made it like 5 days without a single zombie and i noticed that it reboots every 12 hours or something by itself but the last like 3 days its been freezing up with a constant bitcoin light and i cant do nothing

If the whole thing freezes then a script won't help much.
daemonpro

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:53:28 AM

thats why i was thinking i know it takes 2+ hours to freeze up so if someone could help me with a script that reboots every 30 min or every hour then i can have it so while its working before it freezes up to reboot and maybe that will prevent it from freezing up like that
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:03:32 AM

thats why i was thinking i know it takes 2+ hours to freeze up so if someone could help me with a script that reboots every 30 min or every hour then i can have it so while its working before it freezes up to reboot and maybe that will prevent it from freezing up like that

I'll show you when I get home
daemonpro

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:12:01 AM

Awesome  Thank You
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:44:26 AM

If you bought from crazy guy and have latest firmware you should not have to change it.  I just went 5 day's without touching it and it was controlling 3 U3's. 

It is a great firmware.  I highly recommend getting R1 from crazy guy for it.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:19:23 AM

Awesome  Thank You

under system / scheduled tasks add this line

*/30 *  *   *   *     /sbin/reboot

this should reboot every 30 minutes
sky_g

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:57:04 PM

As per documentation i did all setting .

1) I put the antpool username : - xxx@gmail.com  ?

Instruction says .Once you link the device correctly  you will see "AntRouter" Under Miners on Nav Bar ? (Where ? on AntPool site) ?

I can not see BTC option blinking on AntRouter .

How i can find it is minning  ?

Help appreciated

Thanks
Sky
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:02:03 PM

Instruction says .Once you link the device correctly  you will see "AntRouter" Under Miners on Nav Bar ? (Where ? on AntPool site) ?

Help appreciated

Thanks
Sky

Just replied to your PM. looks like you have done things correctly, however the BTC light should be flashing, also a hash rate should be shown on the Status Screen.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
sky_g

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:01:45 PM

Help appreciated

Thanks
Sky

Just replied to your PM. looks like you have done things correctly, however the BTC light should be flashing, also a hash rate should be shown on the Status Screen.

Rich

As diccused on PM when i connected using Wire all OK. AntRouter become a new wifi Point (Not sure how to secure this point) .

It mean my device not able to work as Wifi . It comes on network but not able to access internet ?
RichBC

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:07:57 AM

I need some help, hope there is an easy answer? I am not that familiar with setup of routers etc and the R1 Instructions are not exactly comprehensive...

At the moment have the R1 connected via Ethernet directly to my main Router. I have the WAN set to a static IP and everything is working fine. Wireless is also working and I can connect into the R1 either on it's static IP or via Wireless to do setup.

However I want move the R1 to a different room where there is no convenient Cable so want to use the wireless. What do I need to set such that the wireless in the R1 connects to the wireless on my main router, so that it just starts hashing wherever I plug it in?

Now a suplimentry question?  Smiley Assuming the above has been done, what do I then need to set such that I could plug up an S5 to the RJ45 on the R1 & have that connect to the Internet?

These questions may have been covered, but perhaps someone would not mind spelling it out?  Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:13:02 AM

I need some help, hope there is an easy answer? I am not that familiar with setup of routers etc and the R1 Instructions are not exactly comprehensive...

At the moment have the R1 connected via Ethernet directly to my main Router. I have the WAN set to a static IP and everything is working fine. Wireless is also working and I can connect into the R1 either on it's static IP or via Wireless to do setup.

However I want move the R1 to a different room where there is no convenient Cable so want to use the wireless. What do I need to set such that the wireless in the R1 connects to the wireless on my main router, so that it just starts hashing wherever I plug it in?

Now a suplimentry question?  Smiley Assuming the above has been done, what do I then need to set such that I could plug up an S5 to the RJ45 on the R1 & have that connect to the Internet?

These questions may have been covered, but perhaps someone would not mind spelling it out?  Smiley

Rich

that is straight forward. just go into network wifi, delete the antrouter wifi.. and scan for network and connect to your home wifi as a client.. make it wwan and in the LAN firewall, so its green.
RichBC

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:33:03 AM

Rich

that is straight forward. just go into network wifi, delete the antrouter wifi.. and scan for network and connect to your home wifi as a client.. make it wwan and in the LAN firewall, so its green.

Thanks will the S5 just plug in and work or is there anything else I need to set?

Rich

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:46:06 AM

Rich

Thanks will the S5 just plug in and work or is there anything else I need to set?

Rich

ugh wait, you want to run the s5 on the lan? i put a whole howto a few pages back on how to do it.. you dont have to do the last part but all the way up to it. where it says to stop
RichBC

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:52:02 AM

ugh wait, you want to run the s5 on the lan? i put a whole howto a few pages back on how to do it.. you dont have to do the last part but all the way up to it. where it says to stop

The wireless connection is working fine, thanks. Connecting an S5 is something that might be handy but not essential. I tried to follow your guide but fell at the first hurdle.

Installing luci-proto-relay (0.11.1-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/packages//luci-proto-relay_0.11.1-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing relayd (2011-10-24-4e8f1fa4ca2b176500362843a9e57ea5abd4b7a3) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/packages//relayd_2011-10-24-4e8f1fa4ca2b176500362843a9e57ea5abd4b7a3_ar71xx.ipk.
Configuring relayd.
Configuring luci-proto-relay.

Could not get this to work?

Rich

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:03:49 AM

The wireless connection is working fine, thanks. Connecting an S5 is something that might be handy but not essential. I tried to follow your guide but fell at the first hurdle.

Installing luci-proto-relay (0.11.1-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/packages//luci-proto-relay_0.11.1-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing relayd (2011-10-24-4e8f1fa4ca2b176500362843a9e57ea5abd4b7a3) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/packages//relayd_2011-10-24-4e8f1fa4ca2b176500362843a9e57ea5abd4b7a3_ar71xx.ipk.
Configuring relayd.
Configuring luci-proto-relay.

Could not get this to work?

Rich

what did it say when you tried to install luci-proto-relay?
RichBC

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:45:48 AM

After changing the packages to

http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/packages/

and hitting Submit

I then go to Actions Update Lists, and get this.

Collected errors:
 * opkg_conf_parse_file: /etc/opkg.conf:1: Ignoring invalid line: `http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/packages/'

RichBC

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:25:03 AM

Just going back to the first part of the question. R1 is connecting to my main router via wireless and connects and hashes. I can see it's IP if I log into the main router however I cannot log into it? Is there some part of the configuration I have missed.

If I plug up the RJ45 I can then log into the R1 via that IP OK

Rich

aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:49:57 AM

Just going back to the first part of the question. R1 is connecting to my main router via wireless and connects and hashes. I can see it's IP if I log into the main router however I cannot log into it? Is there some part of the configuration I have missed.

If I plug up the RJ45 I can then log into the R1 via that IP OK

Rich

did you put the wwan in the LAN firewall.. the other ones are set to reject incoming connections..

its all in the howto i wrote up.. also it looks like you replaced that  whole line with the url.. you need to keep the src/gz barrier_breaker  part.. so its
src/gz barrier_breaker http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/packages/
sky_g

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:50:52 PM

Rich

I did what is explained in above post and now i am fucked. As soon as you delete  antrouter wifi. you can not connect to router so u can not connect. Please careful while doing above action. RESET DO NOT WORK FOR ME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: