Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:09:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip  (Read 77442 times)
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 03:00:54 PM

Question:

assuming i have a few U3 to spare and connect it to the R1 with hub...

how do i add my U3 hash to the current R1 hash?

The R1 unmodified, is mining on the Antminer Solo / Lotto Server. Any connected U3 are separate and can be setup to Mine Solo or on any Pool of your choosing. With some modified Software loaded into the R1, covered earlier in the Thread, you can also set the R1 to mine wherever you want.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 04:15:38 PM

So bottom line is that the Cron script is doing a good job of keeping the Miner going, the question is why does the miner stop in the first place?

Rich

Those restarts are not necessary, but you can find out more / confirm that with output from cgminer-api. Basically, in your last example aka the Case B restart, cgminer has been restarted because no valid work was sent by cgminer for a certain duration, and in this case it is because the LVW is the same as that on the previous check. This may, in instaces, be due to cgminer not running (thus the need to restart it), but more likely be due to not finding any work at the minimum diff set by the pool you are mining on. I therefore think that is a buggy script in that sense, and since you are testing, I'd go as far as saying to you to completely disable that script, or at the very least remove the starts & stops in the script and just keep the logging and see what results you get.

PS. I am no expert at this, just my 2 cents...

RichBC

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 04:35:42 PM

Latest news is that I have found  a dodgy soldered joint on the 5V socket to the Miner. I think this may have been responsible for most / perhaps all the stops? You only had to breath on it. I have been running now for 3 1/2 hours at 200MHz / 11GH/s and it has not missed a beat. Earlier before fixing the joint I had dropped right back to 100MHz and was still having regular stops.

So fingers crossed, will give it  few more hours & then crank up the frequency again. If I get another stop I will do as you suggest and disable the script.

BTW how do I use the cgminer API, is there a guide someone can point me at?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
r00tdude

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 07:57:27 PM

Threads like this one are why I love this community.  Grin

I'm waiting for my R1 to be delivered today and soiling myself thinking about what I'm gonna do it it when it arrives. Not to mention that I love the fact that I am actually going to use it as a wireless router anyway (so it serves a purpose other than being a rig).

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:01:32 PM

BTW how do I use the cgminer API, is there a guide someone can point me at?

get the latest cgminer from this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0

various READMEs including the API is in there.
RichBC

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:07:59 AM

Latest update is that fixing the dry joint on the power connector has significantly improved things, however the stops have not gone away. I can typically run for 4 to 8 hours without one but can the see 2 stops in 20 minutes? I have also seen a couple of times that after a stop and restart the miner reverts to it's standard rate of 5.5GH, this despite the frequency box still showing the higher frequency and doing a save and apply returns it to the higher frequency?

I have this "feeling" that there are more stops when I am in the office working on other projects and on one occasion a stop was completely coincident with switching off another PSU, so perhaps having the R1 uncased has made it more prone to EMC and that is the reason for some of the stops?

So I will leave the R1 running in the background and try a few more things while getting on with other projects. I have an outline plan to put it back in it's case, fit a DC socket so that it can be powered externally, a multiturn pot to adjust the Core Voltage, a socket for the serial port or if there is room put the USB serial inside, & an external antenna. I will also look into either a CPU cooler or just some holes & a fan bolted on to keep it cool.  Smiley

Thanks for the links to th API I will have a read and see if I can find any other things I can monitor that will be useful.

Overall I have got to say that the R1 has been great value for money as a device to play with and mod, and I think there is plenty more to come.

Rich

RichBC

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:13:38 AM

Have had the R1 for just over a Week now and one surprise is how few there are connected?

It was just under 100 when I first connected, and only 140 now. Is it that they have only shipped a few or have people not got round to plugging them up. I can't believe that the majority of people have worked out how to change the Pool?

Also think it would be good if Bitmain livened up the Stats. Would be good if they could have a leader board / Best shares achieved as we have a long wait before the first Coin is Mined.  Smiley The Mining Chart makes sense, however if you look at the Mining Record it's exactly the same data but with a different scale that always seems to adjust you to a max challenge index of 80. What's that all about?

Rich

pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 01:47:37 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2015, 02:03:22 PM by pekatete

I have not yet been able to put my hands on one of these, but I am currently drafting up some code to be able to run monitor on one of these (already have the code partially working on an S1 controller), so here's a request to whoever has one of these.
Could you kindly run via SSH and post the output here from the command cgminer-api '{"command":"stats"}'?

PS. Copying from the SSH window (in MS Windows) involves simply selecting the text in the SSH window then pasting into a message (no need to look for a copy command via right-clicking ... automatically done when you select the text.

@ITop_James - did you manage to get your order delivered after all?

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:15:34 PM

Have had the R1 for just over a Week now and one surprise is how few there are connected?

It was just under 100 when I first connected, and only 140 now. Is it that they have only shipped a few or have people not got round to plugging them up. I can't believe that the majority of people have worked out how to change the Pool?

Also think it would be good if Bitmain livened up the Stats. Would be good if they could have a leader board / Best shares achieved as we have a long wait before the first Coin is Mined.  Smiley The Mining Chart makes sense, however if you look at the Mining Record it's exactly the same data but with a different scale that always seems to adjust you to a max challenge index of 80. What's that all about?

Rich

I cant decide if a lot went to CK's pool and just modified it or if they were limited at launch and sold out quick.  It seems they sold out quick, I'm assuming they will have another batch but I'm guessing they are focused on S7 ATM on next batch.

Antrouter is small in scheme to them compared to getting next batch of S7's up.
RichBC

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 05:29:35 PM

I cant decide if a lot went to CK's pool and just modified it or if they were limited at launch and sold out quick.  It seems they sold out quick, I'm assuming they will have another batch but I'm guessing they are focused on S7 ATM on next batch.

Antrouter is small in scheme to them compared to getting next batch of S7's up.

Thing is if you read their text "During the last 100 Days in 140 Valid Miners" I interpret this as meaning that in the last 100 Days 140 Different ID Miners have attached to the Pool? Now I am sure the first thing that anyone would do on taking delivery would be to plug it up, connect to the Internet, put in their email so that it stops mining for Bitmain and confirm that it is working.

Now if they do that then it would becomes a Valid miner and would be added to the total. I find it difficult to believe that anyone would have immediately dived in and edited the pool information without going through the above? So my gut feel is that there are not many out there, this is semi supported by ITop still not having delivery of theirs?

I rest my case.  Smiley

Rich

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:03:36 PM

Why wouldn't you think the majority switched the pool?  It is apparently very simple to do, someone figured it out and posted here within the first week or so the device was released.  This website is one of the world's largest repositories of bitcoin know-how, so most people that mine probably visit this site.

I get what you are saying about the initial setup and all that, but you made an assumption about how the stat is being reported so maybe your assumption is incorrect.

I would assume the majority have switched pools, since you can go through this thread and see almost everyone who commented said it was lame that it's set to mine on Bitmains antsolo pool and that they would change it if they had the device.  When I get mine I am configuring it to mine elsewhere right away, I do not want to mine for Bitmain at all or use any of their pools.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:57:48 PM

Why wouldn't you think the majority switched the pool?  It is apparently very simple to do, someone figured it out and posted here within the first week or so the device was released.  This website is one of the world's largest repositories of bitcoin know-how, so most people that mine probably visit this site.

I get what you are saying about the initial setup and all that, but you made an assumption about how the stat is being reported so maybe your assumption is incorrect.

I would assume the majority have switched pools, since you can go through this thread and see almost everyone who commented said it was lame that it's set to mine on Bitmains antsolo pool and that they would change it if they had the device.  When I get mine I am configuring it to mine elsewhere right away, I do not want to mine for Bitmain at all or use any of their pools.

Considering they talked in invetviews about like dream to do the device, or something I think they would have sold a lot more then they did.  It seems they ran out. I think some switched to ck solo pool most likely.  But I would guess at least 1/2 kept antminer pool.  Just as I don't see over that moding them yet.   

So they sold I'm guessing around 200-250 maybe.   I'm speculating I could be wrong.  I just don't think it was the thousands like I would have thought before.  I suspect shipping was a factor.
RichBC

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:07:17 PM

OK well I will stick with my assumption that either there are not many out there or they have not been plugged in yet. Changing pools is easy when you have done it but far from easy first time in, particularly if you have not SSH'd before. I think most people presented with a new bit of kit follow the instructions first to check that it is working and even then many people are nervous about making changes at the file level.

Let us know how you get on changing pools and be careful not to allow internet access before making the changes or you will be counted.  Smiley

Rich

RichBC

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:31:02 AM

It would be interesting to understand at what point a new R1 is counted as "Valid" at Antpool. My gut feeling is that it is very straightforward and will be when you connect your R1 with a valid Bitmain email address entered for the first time. However it's also possible that it is counted even if you connect when it is set to Bitmain, as it's address includes the MAC?

The only snag in confirming that the valid count goes up is that the Antrouter Mining screen is not visible until you have connected an R1... So if you were connecting a second R1 it would be easy and you could check the number, currently 141 which is only 1 up from Yesterday, and then plug up the new one and check again.

If anyone one here has one that has not been connected or is getting one shortly you could ask for a count and then go ahead and connect. Other interesting experiments would be to change a miner to another ID / Bitmain account and see if it's counted again, and finally to edit in another MAC and see what that does?  Smiley

Rich

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 01:48:31 PM

It would be interesting to understand at what point a new R1 is counted as "Valid" at Antpool. My gut feeling is that it is very straightforward and will be when you connect your R1 with a valid Bitmain email address entered for the first time. However it's also possible that it is counted even if you connect when it is set to Bitmain, as it's address includes the MAC?

The only snag in confirming that the valid count goes up is that the Antrouter Mining screen is not visible until you have connected an R1... So if you were connecting a second R1 it would be easy and you could check the number, currently 141 which is only 1 up from Yesterday, and then plug up the new one and check again.

If anyone one here has one that has not been connected or is getting one shortly you could ask for a count and then go ahead and connect. Other interesting experiments would be to change a miner to another ID / Bitmain account and see if it's counted again, and finally to edit in another MAC and see what that does?  Smiley

Rich

i think it takes a bit, or might only count miners who are connected for several hours

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
korminer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:04:55 PM

I'm pretty sure that the other day it was at 134, when I was trying to connect with the @BitMain username on the R1, which should have worked as I bought it from Bitmain direct. But it didn't seem to work, however within about 15mins of adding my usual antpool id the counter went up to 135.

Also has anyone got any compacs running off of the inbuilt cgminer on the R1?
Meech

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:17:50 PM

If this firmware can be cracked I'd buy one.  Until then I'm on the sidelines waiting to play.
Just don't like the idea of being forced to mine on antpool. 
RichBC

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:26:05 PM

If this firmware can be cracked I'd buy one.  Until then I'm on the sidelines waiting to play.

It is cracked already, and you can now set up to solo or pool mine with the same interface as all the other Bitmain S series Miners. Several methods are covered in this thread and if you buy your Miner from CrazyGuy you can even choose to have it shipped with the Custom Firmware.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612390.msg6775261#msg6775261

Rich

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:30:28 PM

If this firmware can be cracked I'd buy one.  Until then I'm on the sidelines waiting to play.

It is cracked already, and you can now set up to solo or pool mine with the same interface as all the other Bitmain S series Miners. If you buy your Miner from CrazyGuy you can even choose to have it shipped with the enhanced firmware.  Smiley

Rich

I suggest getting one from CrazyGuy - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612390.0 .  Bitmain is out of stock and he he selling from stock.

And he is quite talented at programming.   He has the most advanced custom firmware I feel pretty safe saying currently.
r00tdude

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:53:59 PM

I can vouch for CrazyGuy (asicpuppy.net) - I have bought from him multiple times and he's been reliable.

-r00tdude

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: