Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:51:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190044 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:03:39 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 07:27:18 AM by smooth

I do feel it's unethical/undesirable that some of us have a great deal more of the currency than even the developers.

The developers can be seen as having an indirect incentive derived from the donation fund.

The intent is that the donation fund support the project which includes incentives for developers. This is consistent with the wishes of those who made a statement when donating (including some very large donations), though there are also many anonymous donations with no stated wishes.

Obviously at the point most of the donations were made, they were worth next to nothing and spending it on just about anything would just cause the entire fund to evaporate.

So the following plan was made, and described in various posts on the thread, but collected and clarified here:

1. HODL, distribute small bounties
2. Reimburse direct project expenses (seed nodes, web hosting, etc.). Currently paid by lead developer.
3. Compensation for core developers and potentially larger bounties for external projects
4. Distributions to core team allocated by responsibility and subject to a vesting policy of at least one year (policy applied to all including lead developer)

We are currently in stage 1. The transitions to stage 2, 3, and 4 will occur in sequence based on a subjective evaluation of whether the fund can handle those roles without being unduly depleted, which in turn is largely a function of value (but also to some extent, probably lesser now and greater later, the rate new donations are received).

Two indirect consequences of this plan:

1. If the value increases sufficiently, then the core team will upon vesting receive a significant amount of coin as we reach 4 without the fund having been depleted.

2. If I leave the project prior to vesting as described in #4 having occurred, the donation fund will be passed on to a replacement lead or if there is no continuation of the organized effort to develop the coin, it will be burned.

I'm willing to commit AEON funding as we go forward towards not only you, but also others that help with the coding and development.  Without that, and ongoing experimentation using Aeon as a Cryptonote test bed, the blockchain is useless anyway. 

The donation address is in the ANN OP. All donations are welcome. The daemon miner supports a --donate option which automatically directs mined coins to donations so you can simultaneously support the network and the project (--mining-threads is also needed if you want >1 thread)

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:59:23 PM

Perhaps for the currency units:

ǣ - aeons
ȯ or ɵ - ions

I want to advise you that you can register ǣɵn.com at namecheap.com. Smooth I think you should grab something like that immediately.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:06:05 PM

ǣ - aeons
ȯ or ɵ - ions

I want to advise you that you can register ǣɵn.com at namecheap.com. Smooth I think you should grab something like that immediately.

The problem is there are just a million different "almost" variations like this and I don't want to sign up for a big budget of domain fees on a portfolio of names that might or might not be useful.

æon.info is a bit more promising though, maybe that is worth registering. Not sure.

I did go ahead and get æon.info at the bargain price of $4/year instead of the usual $10. Some of the others are $30 or perhaps more. Too much with so many combinations out there.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:38:05 PM

ǣ - aeons
ȯ or ɵ - ions

As per the discussion on the subreddit, there have been a few currency symbols suggested:-

1. ₳

2. æ

3. Æ

Originally I was a fan of 1 and 2, but now I'm kinda gravitating towards 3.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:53:40 PM

ǣ - aeons
ȯ or ɵ - ions

The problem is there are just a million different "almost" variations like this and I don't want to sign up for a big budget of domain fees on a portfolio of names that might or might not be useful.

æon.info is a bit more promising though, maybe that is worth registering. Not sure.

I did go ahead and get æon.info at the bargain price of $4/year instead of the usual $10. Some of the others are $30 or perhaps more. Too much with so many combinations out there.

Note iɵn.com, iɵn.net, and iɵn.cash are available as well. Makes me wish I hadn't given it away.

I really don't understand being serious about an altcoin enough to invest $100,000 in man-hours of your time and being unwilling to invests $100s in domain names. As a marketer I would scratch my head at that.

americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:00:47 PM

1. ₳

2. æ

3. Æ

In my opinion, it's gotta be two or three..... and I've always leaned towards strongly towards two.  There's something stylish and symbolic about it.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:17:14 PM

As per the discussion on the subreddit, there have been a few currency symbols suggested:-

1. ₳

2. æ

3. Æ

I believe 3 as well would be the best fit for a currency symbol.
exciter0

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:30:56 PM

ǣ - aeons
ȯ or ɵ - ions

1. ₳

2. æ

3. Æ

My opinion, I don't like any of these choices. Can't find the damn characters on my keyboard!

Note iɵn.com, iɵn.net, and iɵn.cash are available as well. Makes me wish I hadn't given it away.

I really don't understand being serious about an altcoin enough to invest $100,000 in man-hours of your time and being unwilling to invests $100s in domain names. As a marketer I would scratch my head at that.

As stated by smooth many times, this is a community open source project/coin. You're welcomed to register them and contribute. Don't put the burden solely on smooth. Frankly, all these ion, etc names confuses and polutes the original name.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄ G O L D M I N T ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬ Blockchain based platform which operates Gold-backed Cryptoassets ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬ BLOGTelegramSlackANN ThreadTwitterReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:09:06 PM

ǣ - aeons
ȯ or ɵ - ions

I'm spending 100s on infrastructure -- domain names, seed nodes, web hosting will come back, etc. More may be spent on other things in time. No problem with any of that that. The problem is that domain names are just one small component of a public presence and can consume almost arbitrary amounts of money, given various character code combinations, alternate spellings, word combos (for example we are using aeoncoin in some places), different TLDs, etc. There are also some proposals that have been made for complete different names, and we have some domains for those too. It is potentially endless.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:09:32 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 01:31:25 AM by TPTB_need_war

ǣ - aeons
ȯ or ɵ - ions

1. ₳

2. æ

3. Æ

My opinion, I don't like any of these choices. Can't find the damn characters on my keyboard!

I would also suggest consideration for aesthetic and technical (looks like a radio tower, also the angstrom sign Å) appeal:

4. Å

There are some other strange ones:

5. Ѧ
6. Ꭿ
7. Ꮬ
8. Ḁ
9. Ά
10. Ɐ
11. Ⲁ
12. Ꙗ ("iotafied" A)
13. 𝔸
17. @
18. ䷃
19. 🃁
20. ᗑ
21. ホ or ㅊ or ⚻
22. ム

A quick google search can get the character for you, and I presume people who have an incentive (making a price list, etc) will typeset the symbol. People in a rush can just write out aeons and ions.

For a currency symbol, if it is lowercase then it really needs some sort of extra glyph so it doesn't appear to be part of the text. I believe the domain system maps the upper case characters to the lowercase, thus Æon.info is really æon.info

As stated by smooth many times, this is a community open source project/coin. You're welcomed to register them and contribute. Don't put the burden solely on smooth. Frankly, all these ion, etc names confuses and polutes the original name.

If I am investing $100,000 in man-hours, I will make sure the project isn't "el cheapo" when it comes to marketing. If others can't contribute, I will have to. Ideology is for hippies and birds.

Afaics, the point of ion are two possibilities:

• As an insurance policy in case the market prefers the succinctness, aesthetics, and connotation of electric charge over the nebulous aeon, especially if the currency symbol is the uppercase Ө (or Ӫ, Ȯ, Ȱ, Ю, Ⱉ, ⍟, ⍬, Ⓘ, ☮, ⚡, ⚛, ⛀, ㋛, ⵀ, ⵙ, ꖴ, ◌, ☀, ♾, ⚆, ⬭) and then the name is iɵn.net and iɵn.cash (or iӫn.cash, iȯn.cash, iȱn.cash, юn.cash, iⰙn.cash, i⍟n.ws, i⍬n.ws, ⓘn.news, ☮n.news, ☮.news, ⚡on.ws, i⚛n.ws, i⛀n.ws, i㋛n.ws, iⵀn.cash, iⵙn.cash, iꖴn.cash, i◌n.ws, i☀n.ws, i♾n.ws, i⚆n.ws, i⬭n.ws). I've donated ion.cash for those who don't want to type those strange symbols.
  • For a more succinct micro-payment currency unit than 'microaeons', or the 'bits' used by 3 - 4 other crypto-tokens.

Edit: b⛀⛀lberry, bꩪlberry, b⚭lberry, b⚯lberry, b∞lberry, b➿lberry, b⬭⬭lberry, b⟳⟳lberry, bꙭlberry.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:24:36 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 10:59:07 PM by TPTB_need_war

ǣ - aeons
ȯ or ɵ - ions

I'm spending 100s on infrastructure -- domain names, seed nodes, web hosting will come back, etc. More may be spent on other things in time. No problem with any of that that. The problem is that domain names are just one small component of a public presence and can consume almost arbitrary amounts of money, given various character code combinations, alternate spellings, word combos (for example we are using aeoncoin in some places), different TLDs, etc. There are also some proposals that have been made for complete different names, and we have some domains for those too. It is potentially endless.

I can relate to that. Discerning highest priorities is an art.

I would say that choosing a currency unit symbol for ion (in case you use it) is a reasonably good priority, because ion is such a strong (succinct, no confusion on how to spell it, connotes electric charge) name either for the micro unit and/or the project. And then register the names with that symbol iff they are available in .com, .net, and/or .cash. I wouldn't waste on other TLDs, unless no other choice. I would prefer .net over all.

Also if there is any possibility of choosing ₳ or Å as the currency symbol, then I suggest the community register .net and/or .cash in those variants if they are available.

Wild (probably bad) idea, æ⍟n.ws is available if you wanted to use ⍟ as a currency symbol.

As for the other names proposed, I can't comment on their likelihood since I haven't seen that discussion.

wasref

Activity: 555

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:21:27 AM

wonder what price we be at once on poloniex 30-40k
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:48:54 AM

wonder what price we be at once on poloniex 30-40k

In the current state, once on Poloniex the resting price should be around 0.0002, but the preceeding bubble price may well go past 0.001.

However, this is in its current state. As AEON evolves the variables will change depending on what kind of cool stuff AEON will bring to the table.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:53:22 AM

Well I'm about to move the price in one buy from 6000 satoshis back to 8400 again.  

Watch this.   Wink 

Loving apologies to all those patiently waiting on the bid stack.   Cheesy

americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:59:19 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 01:27:20 AM by americanpegasus

If I am investing $100,000 in man-hours, I will make sure the project isn't "el cheapo" when it comes to marketing.

Knowing you, you probably value your time at about $10k per hour, so that would equate to you putting about ten hours into this.   Wink

languagehasmeaning

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:12:50 AM

If I am investing $100,000 in man-hours, I will make sure the project isn't "el cheapo" when it comes to marketing.

Knowing you, you probably value your time at about $10k per hour, so intend to invest about ten hours into this.   Wink

I think TBTB is referring to Smooth, not himself but I could be wrong
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:20:12 AM

Loving apologies to all those patiently waiting on the bid stack.   Cheesy

Join us on the bid stack man!

Stay classy  Grin
wasref

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:46:47 AM

under 13btc to 30k
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:02:50 AM

under 13btc to 30k

Yeah, I noticed that too, though there seems to be a little bit of new Aeon flowing into the exchange and I'm sure that people who once bought in the hundreds of Satoshis wouldn't mind cashing out for a quick 8x gain on their super long shot they made a year ago.  

Stay classy  Grin

I noticed after shuffling some bids around a few days ago that there was some pretty stiff competition between at least two (possibly more) bots on there.  The bots being used are pretty intelligent, but can still be beaten by a dedicated human for what it's worth.  Anyway, after realizing that the true price the bots were willing to pay was usually 20% to 25% above the average bid size I decided not to even play that game.  I've never run a trading bot, but I'm sure you can set it to be in either a predominantly buy or sell mode.  These were definitely set to acquire, as evidenced by their willingness to sling bids, leapfrog any bids set above, and absorb their bids as advertised vs. their reluctance to ever play the ask side of the equation and part with any of the Aeon they bought.  ( Wink I take some interest in poking around bid/ask stacks and testing out edge cases and limits on trading bots - it's a fun game to me)  

Anyway, after feeling out the true price a little I chose to pay the premium and just absorb all "sell walls" that had been erected.  

It also needs to be factored that the price of bitcoin is skyrocketing right now, and this is carrying the USD value of Aeon up with it.    Sad  Not sure how I feel about that.  This was labelled as a "Cryptonote alt" that was worth half a cent each in USD terms a month ago (as of the time of this topic creation) and is now approaching 3 cents each.  That's pretty crazy, a 600% real world increase with benefits and consequences for our community.    

Finally, looking at the "max" chart, what the hell happened on the first day of Bittrex trading??.  Is this a glitch or on the first day Aeon was listed were there really over 20,000 bitcoins spent fighting over the comparitively small sum of 45k Aeon that was sold that day??  

wasref

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:20:03 AM

under 13btc to 30k

Yeah, I noticed that too, though there seems to be a little bit of new Aeon flowing into the exchange and I'm sure that people who once bought in the hundreds of Satoshis wouldn't mind cashing out for a quick 8x gain on their super long shot they made a year ago.  

Stay classy  Grin

I noticed after shuffling some bids around a few days ago that there was some pretty stiff competition between at least two (possibly more) bots on there.  The bots being used are pretty intelligent, but can still be beaten by a dedicated human for what it's worth.  Anyway, after realizing that the true price the bots were willing to pay was usually 20% to 25% above the average bid size I decided not to even play that game.  I've never run a trading bot, but I'm sure you can set it to be in either a predominantly buy or sell mode.  These were definitely set to acquire, as evidenced by their willingness to sling bids, leapfrog any bids set above, and absorb their bids as advertised vs. their reluctance to ever play the ask side of the equation and part with any of the Aeon they bought.  ( Wink I take some interest in poking around bid/ask stacks and testing out edge cases and limits on trading bots - it's a fun game to me)  

Anyway, after feeling out the true price a little I chose to pay the premium and just absorb all "sell walls" that had been erected.  

It also needs to be factored that the price of bitcoin is skyrocketing right now, and this is carrying the USD value of Aeon up with it.    Sad  Not sure how I feel about that.  This was labelled as a "Cryptonote alt" that was worth half a cent each in USD terms a month ago (as of the time of this topic creation) and is now approaching 3 cents each.  That's pretty crazy, a 600% real world increase with benefits and consequences for our community.    

Finally, looking at the "max" chart, what the hell happened on the first day of Bittrex trading??.  Is this a glitch or on the first day Aeon was listed were there really over 20,000 bitcoins spent fighting over the comparitively small sum of 45k Aeon that was sold that day??  

wow
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: