Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:11:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:04:28 AM

Trying to introduce some symmetry. http://imgur.com/a/crnxp

Try connecting the horizontal white lines so the entire thing is horizontal yin-yang circle intersected by a diagonal figure-eight.

This makes the whole thing very abstract (good imo; see successful logo examples above), but the æ concept may still be recognizable if somewhat more subtle.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:05:12 AM

images

I know people were pestering you for symmetry, but part of me still likes the older, non-symmetrical versions better.  

Here's something I think crytoandromeda was right about: the ends of the letters (where the connect to the outside of the shape) need to flare out and be thicker.  Otherwise when you shrink the icon the whole thing looks wonky.  

I do like the square version and am unsure which is best.  I will need some time to reflect on it, but I feel like my idea version would one in the lighter cyan, with flared out ends, and using the non symmetrical font we had earlier.  

But amazing work.  If smooth doesn't like the tagline under Aeon we could always use something hyperbolic like "Perfect Digital Money" or "Precise.  Secure.  Private." or even "Financial Perfection."

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:06:48 AM

images

I know people were pestering you for symmetry, but part of me still likes the older, non-symmetrical versions better.  

Here's something I think crytoandromeda was right about: the ends of the letters (where the connect to the outside of the shape) need to flare out and be thicker.  Otherwise when you shrink the icon the whole thing looks wonky.  

I do like the square version and am unsure which is best.  I will need some time to reflect on it, but I feel like my idea version would one in the lighter cyan, with flared out ends, and using the non symmetrical font we had earlier.  

But amazing work.  If smooth doesn't like the tagline under Aeon we could always use something hyperbolic like "Perfect Digital Money" or "Precise.  Secure.  Private." or even "Financial Perfection."

I think tag lines and such are distinct from a logo.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:08:37 AM

Sure, one problem at a time.  Just putting it out there.  

Also, it seems we got rid of this lighter blue, but I was quite fond of it.  Is there any way to see the logos in this shade?  It's a great compromise between the electric blue and the dark cyan you are using.  

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 07:53:14 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2015, 08:10:15 AM by BitcoinForumator

Flip the a and copy it to the right side in the place of the e. How would that look?
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:22:52 AM

Sure, one problem at a time.  Just putting it out there.  

Also, it seems we got rid of this lighter blue, but I was quite fond of it.  Is there any way to see the logos in this shade?  It's a great compromise between the electric blue and the dark cyan you are using.  

This is my favourite so far. Because of the colours, and that there is no gradient.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:49:25 AM

Flip the a and copy it to the right side in the place of the e. How would that look?

Pretty close to this:

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:07:56 AM

Pretty close to this:

Almost there but symmetry is lacking. Maybe it would look better if the bowtie would connect in the middle. If the e would just be inversed and flipped a, but also look symetric. And there are many possible variants of how the curves are curved.
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:35:43 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2015, 11:47:34 AM by cryptodromeda

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:49:57 AM

I like the symmetry a lot. The bowtie is there. The infinity almost there although it could look even more like an 8. And a and e could look a bit more like a regular a and e.

But overall this is better (just in my view) than previous attempts.

Keep the yin yang and pronnounce the 8-infinity a bit more.

(Yin Yang & infinity in one logo. Is this fucking perfection or what?)
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:55:37 PM

Personally i don't like it. It does have infinity and yin/yang but is also barely recognizable  as 'ae' anymore. It looks messy. just my opinion. i like this one a lot more:

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:23:42 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2015, 01:35:26 PM by BitcoinForumator

Personally i don't like it. It does have infinity and yin/yang but is also barely recognizable  as 'ae' anymore. It looks messy. just my opinion. i like this one a lot more:

I agree that the a and e should be more like a and e (but symmetric).

But ask yourself this. If someone was to scribble the "aeon logo" after he saw it somewhere, is he going to remember how to do it if he sees the symmetric yinyanginfinity one or the leftsideisnotthesameasrightside one that is more complex?
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:18:40 PM

Oldschool alternative (no Photoshop)

funnyman21

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:26:35 PM

It would be nice to hear more about development rather than logos.
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:49:56 PM

It would be nice to hear more about development rather than logos.

Surely development talk is located in the ANN thread? Maybe you mean speculation.

Branding pertains to the majority of a coins chance of success. If you don't get the brand right... you're screwed. You can have the best tech in the world and it will all amount to nothing.

So right now, speculation is very much dependent on the logo.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:09:06 PM

Seems like we had a hot few days, and things are cooling off for a few now.  That's good. 

Like any project involving creativity and subjectivity, it's helpful to take a step back or else your judgement can become compromised due to familiarity. 

Here's what I'd like everyone to do who is emotionally invested in this.  Go find your most normal friends IRL and on Facebook and ask their opinion.  Show them several examples that have been posted here (I'll make a compilation), including the ones you detest/don't like.  There is pretty much a 99% chance that by participating in this thread you are not "normal".  That's not a bad thing; un-normal people do epic things all the time.  But your stylistic preferences may not be shared by the masses, so some perspective is necessary. 

Find the most non-techie, nine to five friends you have and tell them you are working on a big new technology project (because you are part of it, even by posting once in this topic) and you need their opinion.  You don't have to deluge them with a libertarian manifesto  Grin - you just want to find out which logo they find most attractive for a new type of private and secure money (like a bank or credit card).

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:59:11 PM

Seems like we had a hot few days, and things are cooling off for a few now.  That's good. 

Like any project involving creativity and subjectivity, it's helpful to take a step back or else your judgement can become compromised due to familiarity. 

Here's what I'd like everyone to do who is emotionally invested in this.  Go find your most normal friends IRL and on Facebook and ask their opinion.  Show them several examples that have been posted here (I'll make a compilation), including the ones you detest/don't like.  There is pretty much a 99% chance that by participating in this thread you are not "normal".  That's not a bad thing; un-normal people do epic things all the time.  But your stylistic preferences may not be shared by the masses, so some perspective is necessary. 

Find the most non-techie, nine to five friends you have and tell them you are working on a big new technology project (because you are part of it, even by posting once in this topic) and you need their opinion.  You don't have to deluge them with a libertarian manifesto  Grin - you just want to find out which logo they find most attractive for a new type of private and secure money (like a bank or credit card).

This is a good idea, but first impressions aren't the only question to ask with logos. Another is distinctiveness. Once a brand begins to become known and acquire a reputation, then the brand and logo will become associated with that reputation. Obviously at this point right that association doesn't widely exist at all, but once it does the main attributes of the logo that are important are that it is easily recognizable and that it at least doesn't undermine the values associated with the brand. The logo itself does not have to create or convey those values from the start. (Perhaps good if it does, but not essential.)
critical60

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:28:35 AM

I started getting sick yesterday so I'll be mostly out of commission until I get better. Mostly been sleeping it off. I'll be able to play with the logo concepts soon.

Also, great idea. It'll be nice to get some more feedback from people.
broadsword

Activity: 197

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:30:06 PM

why would this be more valued than boolberry
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:18:00 PM

why would this be more valued than boolberry

4 letter names > 9 letter names?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: