Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:39:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation  (Read 190016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 03:38:56 AM

@Febo. Are you serious? Do we need to copy what Monero is doing to make it more valuable? I reckon that is a big mistake. We should not compete versus Monero because we will lose.

Also what happened to Aeon's vision to become the cryptocoin for lighter and more mobile devices?

Maybe atari will be the decentralized asset protocol for really really light weight assets.  Cotton balls, pillows, Primer's bags... put all that shit on the chainwax

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:19:33 PM

@Febo. Are you serious? Do we need to copy what Monero is doing to make it more valuable? I reckon that is a big mistake. We should not compete versus Monero because we will lose.

Also what happened to Aeon's vision to become the cryptocoin for lighter and more mobile devices?

Monero is not doing tari. tari will be done by a private company, but will be open source. So anyone will be able to copy it.  If there will be need someone will also start one on top of AEON.

About AEON protocol yes it copies Monero. That is what this last rebase did.

It will take a year that tari will have some shape.  So  my question was quite silly. But still it is speculation thread. It can be talked of years ahead future.    Current AEON goals should be get on more exchanges.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:24:32 AM

@Febo. It would be better for Aeon to improve fundamentally and try not to be a Monero copycat. Better blockchain pruning and testing of bullet proofs with RingCT should be first in the new roadmap.

Tari will only be another overhyped and unused project I reckon.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:24:51 PM

@Febo. It would be better for Aeon to improve fundamentally and try not to be a Monero copycat. Better blockchain pruning and testing of bullet proofs with RingCT should be first in the new roadmap.

Tari will only be another overhyped and unused project I reckon.

Do I need to repeat myself again. tari has nothing to do with monero. tari are group of people that will use monero blockchain.   That is why there it exist to be used.    That is why AEON exist to be used by random people.  You cant prevent anyone not to use decentralized blockchain.

Fundmentaly AEON is a Monero copycat. 3rd June fork will continue in that way. 
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 01:49:46 AM

@Febo. You asked if someone had speculations of a Tari was going to be developed for Aeon, I reckon the slightest thought of it was already dubious because Aeon has one of the lowest hashrates for a cryptocoin. We can be attacked anytime like Verge, Electroneum, Monacoin and BTG. Why would a development team risk building on Aeon right now?

We also have one of the lowest userbase. The Aeon market is also not doing very good.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:23:15 PM

We also have one of the lowest userbase. The Aeon market is also not doing very good.

AEON have quite big number of usebase compared to other coins. But yes, most just hold it and not really use. Lets hope that will change in upcoming years. Second layer solutions will help with that also.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:16:20 PM

It seems AEON protocol was successfully upgraded and forked away from ASIC miners. AEON should be one of most profitable coins to mine right now.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:45:36 AM

AEON have quite big number of usebase compared to other coins. But yes, most just hold it and not really use. Lets hope that will change in upcoming years. Second layer solutions will help with that also.

Sorry but I disagree. Second layer solutions will only be as useful as a solution if there are enough active users using Aeon. Also, why would developers waste their time implementing something that no one will use?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:58:42 PM

Sorry but I disagree. Second layer solutions will only be as useful as a solution if there are enough active users using Aeon. Also, why would developers waste their time implementing something that no one will use?

No one will develop something that will believe no one will use. Many develop things that they think many will use but no one uses at end. People mainly do what they want. They will not care what me or you will here invent!!!

This philosophizing is quite absurd.  Because it is years in future. And I know very little about counterparty and how it works on top of Bitcoin block chain. And I am not that interested to learn more at this time. If you are then  please do start reading about it.  But I do know few basic things and one is that your statement is false.

Even if there is on average one transaction in one AEON block there can be there  2000 transactions from second layer.  Everyone that uses AEON on second layer then also uses AEON blockchain.  So that makes coin more used. And that is why AEON was made in first place.  And that is what you complained in first post I quoted here.  "We have one of the lowest user base"  When people will start build on top of AEON ( lets hope one day someone will decide to), that will increase transaction and use.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:27:53 AM

@Febo. You are wrong. For there to be a need for a 2nd layer there has to be enough users doing onchain transactions. Building one for Aeon will only be good for purposes like marketing and hype to pump Aeon and give some people who do not believe in the project to dump.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:46:55 AM

@Febo. You are wrong. For there to be a need for a 2nd layer there has to be enough users doing onchain transactions. Building one for Aeon will only be good for purposes like marketing and hype to pump Aeon and give some people who do not believe in the project to dump.

There can be some benefits even without a lot of volume, like instant payments.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:17:50 AM

@smooth. There are benefits but my query was will there be users? We have not yet managed to have massive usage onchain and here we are talking about instant transactions offchain. I reckon all efforts by our small community should be encouraging more users to run nodes and maybe also a little marketing.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
thxminer

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:47:14 AM

@smooth. There are benefits but my query was will there be users? We have not yet managed to have massive usage onchain and here we are talking about instant transactions offchain. I reckon all efforts by our small community should be encouraging more users to run nodes and maybe also a little marketing.

I'd like to be more enthusiastic about Aeon, but I must say it hasn't a good press nowadays. I participate in some Discord servers of diverse cryptocoins, and the commentaries show that most people has lost interest on it, even after the successful fork that made it minable again.

I hold some Aeon and I'll hold them till the very end, but I must admit that the very long time that everything takes here sometimes discourages me.

Well, not much constructive, but I wanted to share how one of the peasants at the "userbase" feels Wink

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
boomboombazookajeff
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 1

https://twitter.com/bazookajeff

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 02:56:19 AM

I'd like to be more enthusiastic about Aeon, but I must say it hasn't a good press nowadays. I participate in some Discord servers of diverse cryptocoins, and the commentaries show that most people has lost interest on it, even after the successful fork that made it minable again.

I hold some Aeon and I'll hold them till the very end, but I must admit that the very long time that everything takes here sometimes discourages me.

Well, not much constructive, but I wanted to share how one of the peasants at the "userbase" feels Wink

AEON has association with Monero which other coins do not. Go to the XMR sub, there is a link to r/aeon there. What other CN coin has that? This alone is one reason to believe in AEON.

The source from which existing things derive their existence is also that to which they return at their destruction.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:20:44 AM

@boomboombazookajeff. But that association is not supported by the great number of members in the Monero community. For them, Aeon is a useless copy that is also trying to compete with their Monero.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kosass

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:31:56 PM

@everyone KuCoin is organizing a voting competition for listing. It would be of great help if you are able to participate and support us. Even if we don`t have enough votes to win the competition, we might be able to get their attention on Aeon, which would help us later when we update our submission for coin listing. #Aeon-TOGETHER-STRONG

Here is their message: *Anyone can join and tell us which project deserves a free listing the most. The competition is live now and voting will remain open until July 15th 18.00 UTC+8.

How To Vote: Once you join this telegram group, read the pinned message and start a private conversation with our voting bot so you can cast your vote. Fill the fields our bot sends you in the private chat, you will be asked the following: What is Your KuCoin Account Email Address: Project Name You Want To Get Listed (spell the name in full, DON'T USE THE TICKER): What Is Special About This Project, Why Should It Be Listed On The Exchange:

NOTE: For the project name, make sure you spell it correctly (like is written in coinmarketcap or the project’s whitepaper if is not listed on coinmarketcap), the bot will automatically count the votes if you spell the name correctly.

Competition ends on July 15th 18.00 UTC+8.*

@Voting_KuCoin_Bot this is the telegram for voting .
frausoft

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:28:58 PM

Aeon has a future, but this year is not to be expected to see much growth from this coin. As soon as Bitcoin price starts to rise, Aeon will start to grow.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:26:21 AM

How high is the possibility that Aeon might be delisted from Bittrex because of low volume and lack of interest from traders? I am fearful that we are depending too much on one centralized exchange for the success of Aeon in the market.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 01:40:51 AM

I reckon all the casual holders have sold and left Aeon behind for good?

The price has been very flat since March. That is 5 months of what I assume would be some accumulation by the whales in preparation for the next pump hehehe.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:08:38 AM

Many guys that are holding this coin are sure that AEON is underestimated. personally, I do not have it in my portfolio but my cousin believes in it and have it. here is some information you might need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDCqaV8vOeA
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: