Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:03:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do with your idle coins?  (Read 30459 times)
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 04:45:36 PM

I would like to let them sit idle instead try to trade and loose.Actually I am holding for long terms and use online wallet for pay for services or goods I need and for sending funds too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biggbox (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 05:37:31 AM

BW.com also has a 'banking' service for you to store your coins with a monthly interest

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:50:13 AM

I would like to let them sit idle instead try to trade and loose.Actually I am holding for long terms and use online wallet for pay for services or goods I need and for sending funds too.

but you can use a portion of your bitcoins to trade. it is good to be active and earn a profit from what you already own. besides you can invest a small amount that you can afford to lose and earn profit then use that profit to invest more.

Only Bitcoin
biggbox (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 07:06:41 AM

Hi guys.

Any more ideas? Smiley Please share.

My take on hashnest - although it is a good place to park and grow your idle coins, but you have to bear in mind of the fluctuation and the manipulation; might end up losing coins if you are not careful.

1Cr9iLWm2dSGH8259VQd2wDzpkR63jGVjW
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:39:13 AM

I actually don't have an idle Bitcoin in my wallet, even if I have it must be just a small amount.
Because if I have some Bitcoin, I couldn't hold my soul to not spend it. Cheesy

faucet used to be profitable
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:16:22 PM

I just let them sit there until I know I can make a good investments with some good profits.

So yes for now just sitting in my wallet, not collecting dust.

Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:18:13 PM

i just store my idle coins in a paper wallet, that i dont expect to take out anytime soon. i figure if i have no use for the coisn right now? why not just store them for a couple of years until bitcoin price decides to explode.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:23:25 PM

now the bitcoin block halving is comming closer i am more in saving mode than ever before. my coins will stay sleeping for at least 1 more year.
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:25:27 PM

I am using Bitcoin to purchase goods which i would anyway buy with cash whenever i can, and right now i just hoarding and holding rest cause i sold most of it in past bull run.
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:11:09 PM

Hi guys.

Any more ideas? Smiley Please share.

My take on hashnest - although it is a good place to park and grow your idle coins, but you have to bear in mind of the fluctuation and the manipulation; might end up losing coins if you are not careful.

have some Bitcoin in hashnest too! one of the easier platforms to trade for profits and if you're lazy you can leave it there and earn mining profits. but liquidity can be quite low. time to time whales might come and eat planktons too. so must watch it periodically.

another one I tried is lending on poloniex for margin trades.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:17:13 PM

Nothing beside buying some cheap things from time to time. I will more actively use some coins for when it is Bitcoin Black Friday. So, my coins will get used  Smiley
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:23:12 PM

Unlike fiat currencies, I cannot park these coins into banks backed by governmental institutions. I put my fiat currencies in banks or blue chips but I cannot do it with cryptos.

So, what do you do with your idle coins? Let it sit around?

unlike fiat currencies that are parked in bank accounts getting 0.5% a year..
bitcoin can just sit on a paper wallet.. and gain more than 0.5%.

take this month.. was $250/coin.. now $320. = 28% interest, just by doing nothing

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:24:34 PM

Unlike fiat currencies, I cannot park these coins into banks backed by governmental institutions. I put my fiat currencies in banks or blue chips but I cannot do it with cryptos.

take this month.. was $250/coin.. now $320. = 28% interest, just by doing nothing

but that is relative to usd. if you're talking about Bitcoin itself, putting it in a wallet will increase the value in btc
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:06:15 PM

That's the beauty of bitcoin value appreciations I strongly believe in. Invest in bitcoin and leave them idle for some period but not lesser than one year from today. Idle coins will turn as golden coins. This can be repeated till all the bitcoins will be mined out, that is for next 140 years we can enjoy this.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:45:38 PM

but that is relative to usd. if you're talking about Bitcoin itself, putting it in a wallet will increase the value in btc

this is true, if you want to increase the amount of bitcoin you need to work hard not leaving them doing nothing, but it is because bitcoin is rare not like fiat which is infinite basically

if bitcoin was designed with interest earning by simply living the wallet open(like pos) it would only make it worse
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:50:26 PM

this is true, if you want to increase the amount of bitcoin you need to work hard not leaving them doing nothing, but it is because bitcoin is rare not like fiat which is infinite basically

if bitcoin was designed with interest earning by simply living the wallet open(like pos) it would only make it worse
Another pos vs pow argument, but here I go. Providing proof of stake eliminates 51% attack and is much cheaper to operate the entire network. Since you only have to have nodes up and no hashing power is needed. However proof of stake is more like a hoarders wet dream. Being payed to own money. It goes either way, since people on bitcoin network hoard asics for their farms. Why not eliminate asics and replace that with money itself.

OT: most of my idle coins are sent to my retirement account.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 05:54:09 PM

Personally, I have some of them in Bit-x in the form of GHS. It has good reputation and you can sell your GHS back. Then I have a lower amount in RDPmain, which is not so reputed but provides a 1%+ daily (you cannot sell mining power back in this one).

Other option which is risky is to buy POS coins and let them stake, but usually they lose value while you hold them and end losing more than you stake.

Trading is also a good option, buying and selling in small amounts.

Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:02:27 PM

i just wait and hope for a huge price increase to happen

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:32:10 PM

Another pos vs pow argument, but here I go. Providing proof of stake eliminates 51% attack and is much cheaper to operate the entire network. Since you only have to have nodes up and no hashing power is needed. However proof of stake is more like a hoarders wet dream. Being payed to own money. It goes either way, since people on bitcoin network hoard asics for their farms. Why not eliminate asics and replace that with money itself.

OT: most of my idle coins are sent to my retirement account.

there are still other kind of attack with pos coins, it's not safer, i remember the hacking attempt(that was successful in the end) on mintpal with a pos coin, they lost a big portion of coins there

replacing farm with coin's hoarding will not work, because the whole pos thing will make the rich, richer, instead with a farm it does not matter how much asic you own, you won't gain much more because of the bills to pay and especially because of the halving
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 07:34:34 PM

As you mentioned in the title they are idle and they are doing nothing.
These coins are only saying at their wallet and waiting to be spent when the price gets higher than now Smiley
Sometimes i may trade in alt coins but again i trade to bitcoin but only when i have free time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: