Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do with your idle coins?  (Read 30459 times)
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:12:35 PM

some of them I will hold for future and some of them I am busy in converting  it to fiat currency to take care of my basic expenses so I don't like to keep my coins idle for a  long time.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Piltover

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:31:40 PM

I have my bitcoins that are idle safely stored because I think this year will be a good your for my idle coins.
I have them for a short term most likely because of the halving that is coming this year.
angryrob

Activity: 287

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:48:20 PM

I honestly do nothing with my idle coins, I only just hold them for a relative short term these days, this is because I think the bitcoin is gonna rise this year.
So holding is good for now, I'm also considering to go for a long term but I really doubt about it, the bitcoin future is unpredictable.

yes holding is the best way to make more profit at this moment the reason after some time halving is coming now so halving after bitcoin worth will be increase and who are holding bitcoin my suggestion is better idea for it and I am also going to hold some bitcoin.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 12:46:00 AM

Actually, if my idle coin have potential to increase the price and more worthy i will keep to sell. But if the idle coin is goes down i will leave them slowly.

You need to have patience mate, just hold it for next couple of months and don't be in hurry to sell it even if the price drops, as if price falls today it will again rise tomorrow.

a few months are nothing when it comes to investments. with stocks, people are holding them in their portfolio for a full year and get very happy when they made a profit of 10% while people here don't even get happy when they make 10% profit in just a few weeks time. there is barely any patience with the current yolo investors. quick profits is all they care about.
large or small amount to be a problem if you play with a huge amount of course profit 10% is a big doesn't matter get profit in stocks,bitcoin,commodities,etc but not to the contrary. I mean play with small amount.

adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 01:53:47 AM

Some i used it for gambling and trading. And some for waiting and holding my bitcoin until the price of bitcoin increase, when the time is good i sell all my bitcoin to get more profits.
Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:02:16 AM

I have some coins idling around in my wallet but I cannot bear to put it in hyip or risk it. But it is a waste to let it idle around. Yes. I have coins in some "lower risk" hyips to generate some interest which I'm prepared to write off. I also have some coins converted to hashing power in hashnest and BW.com but it has to be monitored else you will suffer a loss instead.  Grin

Unlike fiat currencies, I cannot park these coins into banks backed by governmental institutions. I put my fiat currencies in banks or blue chips but I cannot do it with cryptos.

So, what do you do with your idle coins? Let it sit around?
Put it into some p2p lending and just wait for the interest to rake in...
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:08:15 AM

I do not have the money idle. I always invest bitcoin to always be able income.

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 02:16:04 AM

Same here whenever i have bitcoins i always add it up in my investment so that i can have more profit on what im investing.
Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:52:25 AM

Same here whenever i have bitcoins i always add it up in my investment so that i can have more profit on what im investing.
Yup investing is better than idling imo. But people are reluctant to invest their coins because of the risk of loss...  Undecided
vurasasog

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:28:19 PM

I will save most of the coin. I might invest some in good service or maybe spend of the coins.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:33:51 PM

Yup investing is better than idling imo. But people are reluctant to invest their coins because of the risk of loss...  Undecided

Its only because of the price fluctuations and that is the reason people hesitate in investing their money into it but I am just holding it at a moment to get additional profit in future.
0day

Activity: 742

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:53:18 PM

If I do not need them and I know well that the price is not going down, then I will remain them there as saved money of me, and if I was a trader thenI will do trade with them, For me trade is more interesting.

Hire me for your campaign management
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:55:51 PM

I don't have a huge amount of idle coins at a  moment as I keep on spending it on regular basis, but I have saved few coins for the halving so will sell when the price goes higher.
InsideBjorn

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:06:18 PM

There is only 1 thing to do.
Store them safely on a trezor or another offline device. This way you won't get 'robbed'
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:09:42 PM

Store them safely on a trezor or another offline device. This way you won't get 'robbed'

saving and holding for the long term is the best thing to do with your bitcoin, never try to double it in quick time by investing in any ponzi sites.
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 01:09:35 AM

Just wating for smth, don't really want to spand and don't know when to sell. Maybe i will sell it after halving but i don't really belive that price will reach a big point this time.

sured44

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:41:16 AM

Just wating for smth, don't really want to spand and don't know when to sell. Maybe i will sell it after halving but i don't really belive that price will reach a big point this time.

Bitcoin is deflationary and over the past the value has always gone up so your coins are earning some of the best interest rates ever seen even though it looks like they are sat around.  Any investment to store your coins with someone else is going to come with risk for the % gains its probably not worth it for most of your stash.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:47:21 AM

I don't have a huge amount of idle coins at a  moment as I keep on spending it on regular basis, but I have saved few coins for the halving so will sell when the price goes higher.

With the same expectations on peak price at the time of halving, every user has kept few coins idle in their wallet. I believe these idle coins won't make a big impact on the price variation at times.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:12:02 AM

With the same expectations on peak price at the time of halving, every user has kept few coins idle in their wallet. I believe these idle coins won't make a big impact on the price variation at times.
I think if you have a small amount in your wallet and unemployed better to grow it. if you're just waiting for halving come. it will not provide more benefits to you. because you only have a small amount

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 10:31:58 AM

That is the best option indeed if you have lots of coins or a atleast in two figures.If you have only one or two coins like me,then go for paper wallet as trezor would be expensive
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: