Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:56:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 💸  DigiCube  🔷  NOW ON RAWX (NEW MCXNOW)  💸  EARN 50K CUBE/WEEK WITH TWITTER!  (Read 460435 times)
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:05:55 PM

BITTREX SLACK DISCUSSION WITH BITTREX-RICHIE

XXXXXXXXX [4:11 AM]
 
Hi BITTREX. I have a special request regarding DIGICUBE. On behalf of the team, I request that DIGICUBE should not be delisted from BITTREX. We need to resolve this issue. Isn't there any way to RELIST DIGICUBE back to BITTREX? We still have till 15th June to resolve this issue.

bittrex-richie [4:14 AM]
 
XXXXXXXXX: i’d rather have that conversation in public if you really want to have it

[4:15]
 
but bottom line, the dev thinks theres nothing wrong with the blockchain… i think otherwise… and up to this point hes insulted and then threatened us even when i tried to explain the issue.

[4:17]
 

It could be settled with a chat over beers ? Spots don't let us down. Don't let all the hard work goto waste.
we’ve already posted on the thread what the issue is.

They think the chain is broken while we have hundreds of users agreeing on blocks that it's not. There's not much left for me to say

I think they wanted an apology from you last time I read the posts from Bittrex.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:06:33 PM


Hi BITTREX. I have a special request regarding DIGICUBE. On behalf of the team, I request that DIGICUBE should not be delisted from BITTREX. We need to resolve this issue. Isn't there any way to RELIST DIGICUBE back to BITTREX? We still have till 15th June to resolve this issue.


XXXXXXXXX: i’d rather have that conversation in public if you really want to have it


but bottom line, the dev thinks theres nothing wrong with the blockchain… i think otherwise… and up to this point hes insulted and then threatened us even when i tried to explain the issue.



It could be settled with a chat over beers ? Spots don't let us down. Don't let all the hard work goto waste.

They think the chain is broken while we have hundreds of users agreeing on blocks that it's not. There's not much left for me to say

I think they wanted an apology from you last time I read the posts from Bittrex.

For what? I don't give a fuck if I hurt someone's feelings when they are wrong and trying to blame the coin. Toughen up, buttercup

Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:08:30 PM

OK, the question I've got here is: Is the way blocks are generated actually coded uniquely for DigiCube or is the difference just with the usual things like maturing and block time, number of confirmations and the staking environment? If the 'backbone' code wasn't altered then Bittrex might be correct in saying that the unique characteristics of DigiCube might have favored the resulting problems but the fault itself is actually present in any coin using these block generating techniques and confirms transactions in less than that day it took Bittrex to correct itself. The 'only' thing for them between alright and exploit is the ability of people to reproduce the factors leading to the problem for a given coin and exchange, Bittrex in this case.
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966

In holiday we trust

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:09:23 PM









For what? I don't give a fuck if I hurt someone's feelings when they are wrong and trying to blame the coin. Toughen up, buttercup

Well you know sometimes to lose is also to win. CUBE on Bittrex was the best place for it and without it we are left struggling.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:10:21 PM

OK, the question I've got here is: Is the way blocks are generated actually coded uniquely for DigiCube or is the difference just with the usual things like maturing and block time, number of confirmations and the staking environment? If the 'backbone' code wasn't altered then Bittrex might be correct in saying that the unique characteristics of DigiCube might have favored the resulting problems but the fault itself is actually present in any coin using these block generating techniques and confirms transactions in less than that day it took Bittrex to correct itself. The 'only' thing for them between alright and exploit is the ability of people to reproduce the factors leading to the problem for a given coin and exchange.

If there is a deep problem in this coin, it will be in every coin that has ever been based off Peercoin

Hint: There's not. Checkpoints are created for a reason. All the invalid blocks they confirmed had no new checkpoints, while everyone on the correct chain with checkpoints continued as normal

It is what it is

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:12:35 PM

Well you know sometimes to lose is also to win. CUBE on Bittrex was the best place for it and without it we are left struggling.

Not apologizing for something that wasn't my, or the coin's, fault. That's ludicrous. I could not care less if they got their feelings hurt

Side note.. why the fuck would you guys want to be on an exchange that already demonstrated it confirms invalid transactions..? I would rather have less volume knowing that the coins being traded actually exist, unlike the phantom CUBE Bittrex was trading..

Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:17:31 PM

OK, the question I've got here is: Is the way blocks are generated actually coded uniquely for DigiCube or is the difference just with the usual things like maturing and block time, number of confirmations and the staking environment? If the 'backbone' code wasn't altered then Bittrex might be correct in saying that the unique characteristics of DigiCube might have favored the resulting problems but the fault itself is actually present in any coin using these block generating techniques and confirms transactions in less than that day it took Bittrex to correct itself. The 'only' thing for them between alright and exploit is the ability of people to reproduce the factors leading to the problem for a given coin and exchange.

If there is a deep problem in this coin, it will be in every coin that has ever been based off Peercoin

Hint: There's not. Checkpoints are created for a reason. All the invalid blocks they confirmed had no new checkpoints, while everyone on the correct chain with checkpoints continued as normal

It is what it is
Thanks for confirming this, again, as it could be read out of your previous posts about this. Bittrex, or any other exchange dismissing checkpoints for that matter, is in deep trouble if someone finds out how to lure them on a fork.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:35:32 PM

It is what it is

at least trex, ccex and all nodes which made 500k+ (in total)
deposits on trex during those 1721 blocks were on the "wrong" chain.
not trex fault

Right, so in that full day of the problem (1700 blocks), not one other person moved coins. Only one place lost any coins, but you're right.. the coin must be fucked

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:37:05 PM

It is what it is
Thanks for confirming this, again, as it could be read out of your previous posts about this. Bittrex, or any other exchange dismissing checkpoints for that matter, is in deep trouble if someone finds out how to lure them on a fork.

Richie's response is 'the wallet confirms checkpoints' - While true, that means nothing to this. If you don't validate that they are recent, then what good are they..? You would think a site trying to act like a financial institution would actually pay attention to the tools they are given, though.. Checkpoints are there for a reason. If you don't check that they are recent and valid, then you are not using the tools available to secure user funds that people trust you to secure

It's literally 10 lines of code to pull checkpoints from the daemon and compare timestamps to see how recent it is. If it's longer than an hour or so, you should probably check to make sure nothing is wrong.. This goes for all coins. A site holding millions of dollars of other people's money, you would hope, has at least this very simple fail-safe in place..

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:46:47 PM

It is what it is

Richie's response is 'the wallet confirms checkpoints' - While true, that means nothing to this. If you don't validate that they are recent, then what good are they..? You would think a site trying to act like a financial institution would actually pay attention to the tools they are given, though.. Checkpoints are there for a reason. If you don't check that they are recent and valid, then you are not using the tools available to secure user funds that people trust you to secure

It's literally 10 lines of code to pull checkpoints from the daemon and compare timestamps to see how recent it is. If it's longer than an hour or so, you should probably check to make sure nothing is wrong.. This goes for all coins. A site holding millions of dollars of other people's money, you would hope, has at least this very simple fail-safe in place..
We want to get DIGICUBE back to BITTREX. Your argument about checkpoints should be used as a FUTURE RECOMMENDATION to BITTREX, not as an opportunity to BASH them.

We want to get back to BITTREX for PR reasons

CaptainMAD

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:53:23 PM

Well it looks like were at a stalemate, as both parties are convinced they are right.  

For the sake of the coin and it's community can we not settle the differences and work together to sort this mess out.

I can understand Spots not wanting to apologise if the coin forked for an unknown reason, but then corrected itself.

But, I can also see Rich's argument that it shouldn't have forked, and he has/may have lost money on this.

Is it not possible to draw a line in the sand so to speak and work together to make sure this doesn't happen again, but get the coin back on Bittrex (with checkpoint verification active if it really is just a few lines of code)?
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:58:12 PM

Well it looks like were at a stalemate, as both parties are convinced they are right.  

For the sake of the coin and it's community can we not settle the differences and work together to sort this mess out.

I can understand Spots not wanting to apologise if the coin forked for an unknown reason, but then corrected itself.

But, I can also see Rich's argument that it shouldn't have forked, and he has/may have lost money on this.

Is it not possible to draw a line in the sand so to speak and work together to make sure this doesn't happen again, but get the coin back on Bittrex (with checkpoint verification active if it really is just a few lines of code)?

They are the ones that are upset, not me. No users of CUBE lost anything, only Bittrex did, so there's really nothing to be done on our end

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 09:00:08 PM

They confirmed over 550k CUBE that were sold on the market that did not actually exist. The people who sent them to Bittrex then sent them to C-CEX on the real chain and dumped the same coins twice

kevinjulio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:56:59 PM

long time no see trade cube , last saw the price of 20k upwards and is now just 20 satoshi alone , Tongue

T 
TRENDING.me
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
      ⓉⓉⓉ  ICO - 15th Sept to 20th Oct   ⓉⓉⓉ                              ⊵⊵⊵⊵⊵ TRENDING.me ⊴⊴⊴⊴⊴
  ⓉⓉ  Reducing weekly bonus during ICO  ⓉⓉ               ✔ Earn Trends with your fashion style and attire.
       ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ  TRENDS ICO  ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ                   ►  ANN ThreadWhitepaperWebsiteBounty
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 10:11:20 PM

long time no see trade cube , last saw the price of 20k upwards and is now just 20 satoshi alone , Tongue

It is sad, because we need bittrex
jpawesome78

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:44:58 AM









See the arrogance of this f8cker? It would be resolved and have relisted to bittrex, but this f8cker dont care about you or anyone investing in this sh!tty coin. better leave this sh!tty coin asap.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:18:48 AM

We need to sort out the BITTREX fiasco, not because BITTREX is right, but purely for PR purposes.

Any noob just observing from a distance will just assume that this is a scam coin, EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT

Any coin that is delisted is assumed to be a scam coin. WE ARE SENDING OUT THE WRONG MESSAGE TO THE PUBLIC.

This situation has scared many NOOB and NEWBIE investors away, so we need to sort this out, for the sake of uninformed investors.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 03:43:14 AM









See the arrogance of this f8cker? It would be resolved and have relisted to bittrex, but this f8cker dont care about you or anyone investing in this sh!tty coin. better leave this sh!tty coin asap.

How is that arrogance? If anything, it's apathy towards stupid people who don't know where to point their fingers

nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 07:13:45 AM

20 satoshi bravo iGotSpots Grin shitcubecoin
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 07:26:42 AM

Yep, you're right, all my fault lol

You guys can blame me all you want, but CUBE has more than pretty much any coin other than the top few and most of it is run by Paul or myself (with pretty much no help from any of you), and a coin and blockchain that work great

We've done our part

Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: