Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 [671] 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tyKiwanuka
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:59:31 PM

But I can’t send iota out of my 2.5.6 wallet, is this because my binance tx is still pending? If I cNt send another transaction because a previous one is pending, isn’t that an issue?

You should always wait for a tx to confirm. See this little guide for some further reading: https://forum.helloiota.com/1973/Best-practices-for-using-the-IOTA-wallets-safely

It is an issue right now, correct.

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nesh1200

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:44:54 PM

Hey, could someone help me please???
three hours ago I sened 140 Miotas from the desktop wallte to the Bitfinex. The transaction is confirmed, but I didn't receive my miotas on the bitfinex.I hope they are not gone ?

https://iotasear.ch/hash/UAKGNSUXSTISTJAQBEBEHSAMHEGBLYZUDBYM9MIQRQXEFZVSPNXABLOYWPJ9TUERQMLGOFZWKLJD99999
JanCoppens

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:17:11 PM

IOTA is there to stay. HODL.
pit2525

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:06:14 PM

Hey, could someone help me please???
three hours ago I sened 140 Miotas from the desktop wallte to the Bitfinex. The transaction is confirmed, but I didn't receive my miotas on the bitfinex.I hope they are not gone ?

https://iotasear.ch/hash/UAKGNSUXSTISTJAQBEBEHSAMHEGBLYZUDBYM9MIQRQXEFZVSPNXABLOYWPJ9TUERQMLGOFZWKLJD99999

Don't worry, you see on the address (https://iotasear.ch/address/DYBPCZHUQLUGLJ9OWTP9SVCXYDRAQC9MJBXMCWQRC9CFCIHDKNHCBCAAXKYTHMSKJKHTAGPWAONNLQIFW), that 140 Mi came in and were transferred to somewhere else. "Somewhere else" refers to another Bitfinex internal wallet. You should see your IOTA soon in your wallet.
centner

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 11:19:56 PM

I bought my IOTA coins and want to transfer them to my wallet but after i read comments about errors and that they can gone and not reach my wallet. I think maybe better to hold them at exchange?

Potato farmer

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:09:22 AM

I bought my IOTA coins and want to transfer them to my wallet but after i read comments about errors and that they can gone and not reach my wallet. I think maybe better to hold them at exchange?

I’ve had no problems moving my Iota into my wallet and have had no issues with it in there. The only hold up that I’ve seen as of recent is Binance suspending the withdrawal however when it is available the process was easy and quick.
Master mind

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:23:34 AM

IOTA is hold and buy more on dip.
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:39:45 AM

I’ve read it can support a lot. As of today 180 transactions per second have been tested. This DAG algorithm is amazing and it has huge potential.
On the other hand I am concerned with the happened actions as a result of October attack on some wallets. The dev team took over the funds of the IOTA users. I understand that was done to protect the users and the funds are being returned to the customers as we speak. But the main concern is that is it practically possible to take funds away from any IOTA user. Theoretically bad people can simply get your money. Single developer can become bad person or somebody will extort information from developer on how to do this, those are not matter in the context. What matters is there is an ability to steal money from IOTA wallets. I think this one item will be limiting factor for IOTA growth to its potential. I think IOTA devs need to let go of this notion and make changes to the algorithm so nobody can take away funds from other users using high access permissions. Only then we will see how IOTA will take over Bitcoin’s fame. 

I agree with you, in the industry where safety is put on the first place, to have such a problem with a purse, there is already a huge minus. (
Probably not all people know about this, because the interest in IOTA is still great.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
trinketmage

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:47:38 AM

I agree with you, in the industry where safety is put on the first place, to have such a problem with a purse, there is already a huge minus. (
Probably not all people know about this, because the interest in IOTA is still great.

The IOTA wallet outright sucks, gotta say. Such a promising tech, but devs are unable to build a stable and secure wallet....
ArmTrade96

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:34:49 AM

Are MIOTA have new announcments at near future ?
Some events, else ?
nikisev

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Im the very decease you pretend to be

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:44:01 AM

Its not the wallet.
Its the whole idea.
IOTA is PR scam. Its impractical to do what they are doing.
You can install some raspreyPI chip into anything you want. With nice little server that will work until the end of time and you can hook it up to some control application
And i think its expected that manufacturer will pay for that. They will monitor the product, gain some meta data , sell you off a little. Nothing bad about it.
And i seriously dont want anybody to have access to that data. I dont want it to be on open ledger.
IOTA essentially says , no there will be a coin, and you have to have it for our service to be active. And also we will store some other people data on your microwave...and your microwave will participate in other people transactions.
Why would i want it? Not clear.
Blockchain is about building trust. You are paying for this trust with low performance (Visa transaction is 2-3 seconds, BTC take 10 min). I dont need my car to build trust , i want it read sensors data and notify me if something wrong. It workred ok so far, dunno why change it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kobo_eth

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:16:38 AM

Well said Smiley We just need to find the right moment for the right dip

codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:50:36 PM

Well said Smiley We just need to find the right moment for the right dip

It's about 4$ now, I think it won't go much deeper for the moment, it feels the next pump is not far away. What do you think, is now the right time to buy more?
SergioOliva2018

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:57:29 PM

I’ve read it can support a lot. As of today 180 transactions per second have been tested. This DAG algorithm is amazing and it has huge potential.
On the other hand I am concerned with the happened actions as a result of October attack on some wallets. The dev team took over the funds of the IOTA users. I understand that was done to protect the users and the funds are being returned to the customers as we speak. But the main concern is that is it practically possible to take funds away from any IOTA user. Theoretically bad people can simply get your money. Single developer can become bad person or somebody will extort information from developer on how to do this, those are not matter in the context. What matters is there is an ability to steal money from IOTA wallets. I think this one item will be limiting factor for IOTA growth to its potential. I think IOTA devs need to let go of this notion and make changes to the algorithm so nobody can take away funds from other users using high access permissions. Only then we will see how IOTA will take over Bitcoin’s fame.  

I was reading up on the issues of reusing address for transactions multiple times and why it is bad. It looks like if person uses the same address from his wallet multiple times it is easy to reverse engineer his wallet’s seed. The more address is reused the easier guessing gets! That is another big flow in the IOTA ecosystem and it has been proven by October attack. Definitely this is another direction to improve upon. I would say that developers need to implement additional mechanism of address expiration. For example, after 10 minutes newly generated wallet address expires. Or it marked as expired after transaction completed. I think it is still possible to implement at this point without much of the struggle - the IOTA network is still young and pioneers are eager to learn about new features and flexible about changing things around. Especially if it improves security around human mistakes with this wallet.
kchulani

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:14:08 PM

IOTA has been my favorite from the beginning, been watching it grow ever since,, I still believe it in strongly and even with competition I strongly believe that their tech will overweigh any other competition, let the games begin in 2018!

NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:45:53 PM

I’m holding mine on exchange until this trinity wallet is available.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:56:10 PM

If you can’t trust the developers to uphold the fundamentals of crypto, specifically immutability and security, then you shouldn’t invest a single cent into the project. Once that trust is broken, it’s Likely never to return. With that said, it seems like a few people feel burned, but conversely 1000’s of other investors have absolute trust in the team’s principles. You can draw your own conclusions, but please ask yourself why iota has a $10Bil market in less than 2 Years and attracted top-tier talent in the field. To scam you? From what I have gathered,  It’s not about money with people like Dave and CfB, it’s about ego and reputation not nickel and diming people $1000 at a time.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
Jacky_Chan

Activity: 146
Merit: 150

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:14:01 PM

The wallet works well for me. But if you are not comfortable with using the wallet you are better to leave them at the exchange.  An exchange is like a web wallet.

The single most important first step to send transaction is to check if the server you get connected is synced. The servers are not always synced. To check the synced status, you can compare the two milestone numbers (in the nodeinfo under Tools) in your wallet to the most recent milestone number in the #botbox of the Slack. If all the three numbers are same, your wallet or your server is synced. If they are not same you need either wait for them to be same or change a server.

After you have done the above first step correctly, you can make the transaction. I would say 80% of times your transactions will get confirmed in 30 minutes.

If your trasanction does not get confirmed in 30 minutes, you can do the Promoting (previously called Reattaching). You will see it if clicking the bundle next to the transaction in the History in your wallet. You can do the Promoting once every 30 minutes. But make sure you do the first step to make sure your wallet is synced first every time.

If you do the above steps correctly 99% of your transaction should get confirmed within one Promoting and most will be confirmed without Promoting.

Also don’t send a second transaction before your first transaction gets confirmed. If you do so, one of the transactions will never get confirmed no matter how many promotings or reattachings you do.
SergioOliva2018

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:17:55 PM

If you can’t trust the developers to uphold the fundamentals of crypto, specifically immutability and security, then you shouldn’t invest a single cent into the project. Once that trust is broken, it’s Likely never to return. With that said, it seems like a few people feel burned, but conversely 1000’s of other investors have absolute trust in the team’s principles. You can draw your own conclusions, but please ask yourself why iota has a $10Bil market in less than 2 Years and attracted top-tier talent in the field. To scam you? From what I have gathered,  It’s not about money with people like Dave and CfB, it’s about ego and reputation not nickel and diming people $1000 at a time.
I politely disagree with the statement “If you can’t trust the developers to uphold the fundamentals of crypto, specifically immutability and security, then you shouldn’t invest a single cent into the project.”.
Trust has nothing to do with ability of getting profit from this coin. The incident affects bottom line of the IOTA price for sure. But this doesn’t mean that a can’t get couple of dollars extra on untrusted currency. Sure, it becomes more risky investment. But it can be still leveraged as investment. I also think it is possible to repair trust by chaning the ways this cryptocoin works over the course of many years. This is a matter of support of this project by talanted developers and their wiliness for improving.
akamy789

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:21:40 PM

The major difference IOTA is offering is the complete lack of transaction fees with systems in place to combat spam attacks.
Pages: « 1 ... 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 [671] 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: