Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 [724] 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471702 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BlackFlag

Activity: 874
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:37:29 AM

Is IOTA down? I would like to exchange some iotas to bitcoins. For that, I need to transfer them to bitfinex. However it does not work. I have tried to reattach and to change nodes many times. In vain ! No confimation, pending pending pending pending pending pending... Embarrassed
I add that it is a thing I have already done plenty of times. It has always worked. Until now...

you can check the main net stats under :
https://tanglemonitor.com/

patrickus

Activity: 2632
Merit: 860

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:40:35 AM

you can check the main net stats under :
https://tanglemonitor.com/
Interesting.. Thank you !
patrickus

Activity: 2632
Merit: 860

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:41:37 AM

Is IOTA down? I would like to exchange some iotas to bitcoins. For that, I need to transfer them to bitfinex. However it does not work. I have tried to reattach and to change nodes many times. In vain ! No confimation, pending pending pending pending pending pending... Embarrassed
I add that it is a thing I have already done plenty of times. It has always worked. Until now...

Did you try [1]? It works very well!

[1] https://www.iotareatta.ch
Thank you. I shall try it the next time. (I have finally succeeded but it took time)
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:45:07 PM

Wow, what a dump  Shocked
I haven't seen iota been so cheap for a very long time.

HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:38:57 AM

chart is telling me: failed.
because I don't support failed projects I have removed my IOTA sig.
also I'm very disappointed by the founders attitude towards critics (inside (omg) or outside the foundation).

thanks and bye bye
wangxiaoyan600

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:47:31 AM

IOTA is the leader of the Internet of Things Block Chain project, the future development is still worthy of investors to look forward to, can patiently continue to hold the coin.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:53:13 AM

You know that feeling when you realize you ate something off, your guts are churning, and you know your digestive tract is about to open up and purge from both ends ... that's where Iota was a couple of days ago after the leaked conversation, the market digested the news, and some weak hands have now dumped from both ends, and the price is in the toilet, relatively speaking.

Once the news is fully digested the market will recover, some people lost confidence in the current setup and dumped, others will soon see an opportunity to get in cheap. Just the usual churning of ownership, the tech fundamentals are still the same, and as long as the business partners don't lose confidence in the foundation things will blow over soon, and we end up with CfB and Popov on the board, and maybe Dom waits a little while and exits gracefully  with a huge stash of Iota and buys a yacht and retires at 22.

Maybe CfB and Dom make up, but if one of them leaves it'll obviously be Dom, and he probably gets replaced by a seasoned corporate veteran who ticks all the boxes for Bosch and VW, so not a bad result.

HomoHenning

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:09:17 AM

You know that feeling when you realize you ate something off, your guts are churning, and you know your digestive tract is about to open up and purge from both ends ... that's where Iota was a couple of days ago after the leaked conversation, the market digested the news, and some weak hands have now dumped from both ends, and the price is in the toilet, relatively speaking.

Once the news is fully digested the market will recover, some people lost confidence in the current setup and dumped, others will soon see an opportunity to get in cheap. Just the usual churning of ownership, the tech fundamentals are still the same, and as long as the business partners don't lose confidence in the foundation things will blow over soon, and we end up with CfB and Popov on the board, and maybe Dom waits a little while and exits gracefully  with a huge stash of Iota and buys a yacht and retires at 22.

Maybe CfB and Dom make up, but if one of them leaves it'll obviously be Dom, and he probably gets replaced by a seasoned corporate veteran who ticks all the boxes for Bosch and VW, so not a bad result.

IOTA already lost many strong implementation partners (SatoshiPay, Sirin Labs).
Also it is not listed in Bosch's VC Portfolio any more, who knows if they already dumped their discounted tokens.
Because of their rudeness they also lost strong business partners, e.g. Mr Bussmann / Crypto Valley and this asian based guy (dunno the name now). Both are strong business networker.

I think we don't have to discuss about the recent leak of internal fights... which is only the tip of the iceberg

The network made zero progress this year, the hyped Q project is just a vision.

The whole crypto market is beginning to crash after bitcoin lost its last chance to form a bull market out of this triangle.
Big Naturals

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:38:05 AM

Wow, what a dump  Shocked

Also it is not listed in Bosch's VC Portfolio any more, who knows if they already dumped their discounted tokens.
Because of their rudeness they also lost strong business partners, e.g. Mr Bussmann / Crypto Valley and this asian based guy (dunno the name now). Both are strong business networker.

I think we don't have to discuss about the recent leak of internal fights... which is only the tip of the iceberg

The whole crypto market is beginning to crash after bitcoin lost its last chance to form a bull market out of this triangle.

If the tech works nobody cares about anything else, as long as everything is legal, and with Iota foundation the legal setup with Iota is best in crypto. Being rude isn't illegal, and neither are embarrassing leaks about who is behind the leadership controls at any point in time.

big partners are like everyone else following IOTA, interested enough in the tech to stay engaged while we all wait to see if the tangle can scale with zero fees. The recent drama is actually being shielded by the crypto wide bear market, if this happened during a bull it would be much more severe reaction.

Iota is years from maturing, I expect slow progress.
HomoHenning

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:08:28 AM

Wow, what a dump  Shocked

If the tech works nobody cares about anything else, as long as everything is legal, and with Iota foundation the legal setup with Iota is best in crypto. Being rude isn't illegal, and neither are embarrassing leaks about who is behind the leadership controls at any point in time.

big partners are like everyone else following IOTA, interested enough in the tech to stay engaged while we all wait to see if the tangle can scale with zero fees. The recent drama is actually being shielded by the crypto wide bear market, if this happened during a bull it would be much more severe reaction.

Iota is years from maturing, I expect slow progress.
the problem is that the tech is not working and will not working in the near term. big partners are just experimenting and also with other cryptos. Also they will choose the best option which is at the moment not IOTA.
regarding legal issues.... look closely into the leaked script, search for IOTA AS...
Big Naturals

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:34:32 AM

the problem is that the tech is not working and will not working in the near term. big partners are just experimenting and also with other cryptos. Also they will choose the best option which is at the moment not IOTA.
regarding legal issues.... look closely into the leaked script, search for IOTA AS...

Sure, there is a lot of uncertainty with Iota but CfB is one of the all time crypto dev legends , so IMO the risk with the tech is well worth taking.

As for Iota AS it sounds like some of the founders have created a company for their own personal projects within the Iota ecosystem, like RedHat , which makes sense. As long as the Iota foundation governs the protocol itself it's better for the foundation guys to have their own money making businesses as separate legal entities, they can't exactly pay themselves millions from the non profit foundation even if they deserve it for all the value they've  created, just a regular salary, so having their ownprofit generating  businesses that add value to the whole ecosystem is fine with me, but sure, let's wait and see what happens, I love a good conspiracy thèory, but this looks like good ole common sense, just some legal separation to prevent conflicts of interest getting misinterpreted by paranoid crypto guys.
BitcoinArsenal

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:08:45 PM

IOTA price has declined sharply. Without question. The market environment is not good. Another reason is that IOTA is still not as flexible as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero or Dash because of the missing wallets. This will change with Trinity wallet release which opens IOTA for the mass.

Nevertheless, IOTA has a strong foundation and it will pay off sooner or later. Why, because technology like IOTA offers is needed for the world in the future.

paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:36:01 PM

Iota coin has long established itself in terms of reliability and stability. This coin has long been in the top of the rating, I have it myself and I advise everyone.
vodyanoykiki

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:45:19 PM

Iota coin has long established itself in terms of reliability and stability. This coin has long been in the top of the rating, I have it myself and I advise everyone.
A lot of talk around the IOTA project, I think this popularity is growing every month. I also hope for the success of the IOTA project and closely monitor the project
broadhurst

Activity: 159
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:51:18 PM

A lot of talk around the IOTA project, I think this popularity is growing every month. I also hope for the success of the IOTA project and closely monitor the project

I would not advise you to invest in IOTA - The board of directors are squabbling all the time and a female third party security researcher was threatened with a 'slap' for exposing vulnerabilities.

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:51:32 PM

great update from the Board:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/96fb3f/great_update_on_the_recent_turbulence_from_big/

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:57:35 PM

This recent decline here in IOTA at least is just second chance for those who missed it completely for the first time. We can see lot of people on previous pages who were showing regrets for not buying. This project doesn't relay on its marketcap but real strength is somewhere else. It will rise again without any doubt about it.
HomoHenning

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:28:07 PM

Sure, there is a lot of uncertainty with Iota but CfB is one of the all time crypto dev legends , so IMO the risk with the tech is well worth taking.

As for Iota AS it sounds like some of the founders have created a company for their own personal projects within the Iota ecosystem, like RedHat , which makes sense. As long as the Iota foundation governs the protocol itself it's better for the foundation guys to have their own money making businesses as separate legal entities, they can't exactly pay themselves millions from the non profit foundation even if they deserve it for all the value they've  created, just a regular salary, so having their ownprofit generating  businesses that add value to the whole ecosystem is fine with me, but sure, let's wait and see what happens, I love a good conspiracy thèory, but this looks like good ole common sense, just some legal separation to prevent conflicts of interest getting misinterpreted by paranoid crypto guys.

you overstimate the impact of CFB. when it comes to adoption, he can't help any more. also his tech doesn't work yet. also just look at his previous pump&dump projects like NXT. NXT is now at rank 82 with 80 million MC. It was valued at 2 billion in December. This can also happen to IOTA
Big Naturals

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:14:27 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 10:41:05 AM by Big Naturals

you overstimate the impact of CFB. when it comes to adoption, he can't help any more. also his tech doesn't work yet. also just look at his previous pump&dump projects like NXT. NXT is now at rank 82 with 80 million MC. It was valued at 2 billion in December. This can also happen to IOTA

CfB left NXT in 2014 when Jean-Luc took over as lead dev, but there's no doubt NXT and Iota are both cutting edge tech, and neither is a pump & dump, just at the mercy of the crazy crypto market as is every other coin and token, but yes i agree , CfB isn't in charge of adoption,  but the foundation is well suited to guide that, and reports are they're employing nearly 100 staff within a couple of months. That's why if by early next week  CfB and Popov are on the board this has ben a good result!

What does concern me though is the pre leak dump, that smells like potential insider trading, the timing and volume suggest someone had advanced knowledge of what the board were discussing and got nervous and dumped. If the source of the leak and dumper are inside the foundation then that could get someone in a lot of trouble, the dump was millions of dollars worth, and non profit foundations involved in insider trading is a bad look.

Edit, I don't mean whoever leaked the discussion to the community did anything wrong, that was an act of disclosure, I mean whoever tipped off the person(s) who dumped before the board chat log was made public, they could easily be another person, and maybe not directly involved in the foundation .... could be pillow talk, or even a case of the foundation communications being hacked .... who knows, hard to prove, but a worry none the less.
2017MoonLanding

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:28:05 PM

the price will be back over $1.00 soon
But im excited for the day the tech is implemented globally
Pages: « 1 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 [724] 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: