May 24, 2024, 02:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tinkles

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:21:21 PM

Why even bother naming it? You'll only get bored and give it a new name in a few months anyway.  Cheesy

The coin formerly known as ion, anonoflops, TPTBTC...

that's true, you can change the name later, you need to just launch it and get it out there
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:35:26 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 07:27:08 PM by smooth

It is not a horrible name. It is much more brandable than any name with ___Coin or ___Bit.

You asked which coin had the best name, not what is the best possible name.

If you eliminate coin- and bit-based names there aren't really that many left.

Ripple, Stellar, Dash, BitShares (I think "shares" is also a terrible base for a coin name), Nxt, TRMB (wtf?), Getgems, etc.

Some of these have some merit as names sure, but none of them are great.

Ripple is actually one of the worst because it is derivative of the original ripple chained IOU concept which has little to nothing to do with the current system. It's actually confusing to people who have no idea what rippling has to do with it. At least most of the rest are starting out neutral (so any meaning would have to be established via brand development).

Please try to avoid personal attacks. I didn't create the plurality 13 votes from people who are "not interested in your shit" (your words), I merely noted it.

As you say code talks, and bullshit walks. Where is your code?

Why are two threads and one or two polls (I don't remember if the other thread had a poll too) needed just to discuss them name of your vaporware coin that doesn't exist?
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 05:39:25 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 05:18:00 AM by TPTB_need_war

Why are two threads and one or two polls

Because the prior poll asks only about Ion. And this poll asks about other choices compared to Ion. I retained the prior poll because it contains information. There is no way to have two polls on one thread. I was forced to create a new thread unless I wanted to delete the prior thread. I don't believe in vandalizing that which is not my property (the reader's votes).

Ripple, Stellar, Dash, BitShares

Boolberry, Decrits, eMunie, Unobtanium, Iota, Ethereum, Counterparty, Nxt, Quark, Quantum, Cinni, Monocle, Aiden, Aeon, Nibble, Etoken, Coino, Particle, Heisenberg, Ekrona, Darsek, ...

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:02:19 PM

Why even bother naming it? You'll only get bored and give it a new name in a few months anyway.

I sought out and bought the CoolPage.com domain for $500 from a third party ($1500 or so inflation-adjusted). That name has remained consistent for 16 years and even my primary email address is still on that domain. The former registrant was able to buy a more appropriate domain for his programming business site, and pocked the difference as well as being able to tell everyone he was the prior owner of that domain I made slightly (0.3% internet reach) popular at the turn of the century (long since forgotten after the Friendsters, Myspaces, Facebooks, Vibers).

I know a great name when I see one and I don't vacillate. I am also an artist who demands perfection and maximum creativity in what I do. This is precisely why your culture is suffocating for me and I can't work with your culture. I am an artist.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

#1 rule is: be diplomatic and to the facts

Feel free to post a quoted example of where I have not done that today.

The remainder of your trolling has been deleted from the thread. Feel free to go post it else where and make a big drama (queen).

P.S. there is no such thing as diplomacy with trolls. How can there be? I try to address their complaints honestly and rationally. They dial up the FUD and drama. Everyone can see the games you are playing. You are trying to fill up my thread with noise.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:04:55 PM

I posted an update on my research about Iota.

Research is very important, so time isn't wasted coding something (or in a way) that you would not have coded had you done your research.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:14:19 PM

Ripple, Stellar, Dash, BitShares

Boolberry, Decrits, eMunie, Unobtanium, Iota, Ethereum. Counterparty, Nxt, Quark, Quantum, Cinni, Monocle, Aiden, Aeon, Nibble, Etoken, Coino, Particle, Heisenberg, Ekrona, Darsek, ...

Sure, there are a bunch (thousands if you want to be technical about it). Decrits and eMonie are vaporware. You won't find them on a list of actual coins so I ignore them. Not very good as names either. eMonie slightly better maybe. Ethereum I think is pretty bad. As a platform name if targeting developers, it is maybe okay, but as coin it seems terrible. People don't want their money to be ethereal. Huge wtf. Counterparty. Blah. Too descriptive of their asset token orientation. I mentioned Nxt I think (included within totally generic names that evoke nothing). Most of the rest are just terrible. e-anything is about as bad as "coin" and "bit".

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:36:04 PM

People don't want their money to be ethereal.

The precise term for what people want is:

allodial
in allodium

But is a word that people can't spell a good name for a product. There are many considerations that go into a name.

Peachy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 06:40:47 PM

I think you mean Imodium  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

RADiX (formerly eMunie): The future of money
skywave

Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 06:41:38 PM

#1 rule is: be diplomatic and to the facts

Feel free to post a quoted example of where I have not done that today.

The remainder of your trolling has been deleted from the thread. Feel free to go post it else where and make a big drama (queen).

P.S. there is no such thing as diplomacy with trolls. How can there be? I try to address their complaints honestly and rationally. They dial up the FUD and drama. Everyone can see the games you are playing. You are trying to fill up my thread with noise.

eMunie (vaporware not even a white paper)

Ask yourself if you are sitting for 2 1/2 years to create a serious business, and if that big effort can be classified as vaporware?
Then ask yourself if someone else would sit for 2 1/2 years to create a serious business, and if that big effort can be classified as vaporware?
No, it can't - right..
Whitepaper comes out when it's ready for your eyes Smiley

It's too easy to brush folks off as trolls, to escape the reality, as you clearly know inside yourself they have a point.

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:25:16 PM

eMunie (vaporware not even a white paper)

Ask yourself if you are sitting for 2 1/2 years to create a serious business, and if that big effort can be classified as vaporware?

Apologies. I am amicable with Fuseleer. I put that there as a placeholder and I have had two tabs open on my browser (for past 3 days) for eMunie threads that I am intending to read so I can make a more factual statement about eMunie (state what I know and don't know). I put that placeholder there for the meantime to indicate that it is vaporware same as mine, thus the intended meaning is that I can get back to the analysis of it later.

Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way with that. I will soon edit that as soon as I get a chance. I am very overloaded with tasks as you might imagine. Cheers. If I do decide to delete any of your posts, it is only to keep the thread less cluttered. I will make sure you main point is quoted in the thread. I won't be deleting posts but rarely. At the moment, I am trying to cool down the noise a bit. Chill bro. You never know perhaps Fuseleer and I might enjoin our efforts if ever we discovered our designs were very similar (note: he hasn't offered that and he even told me he has too much invested in his own effort to change direction now). I am targeting the Java Virtual Machine (not Java language) same as he is.

Notice I placed eMunie 3rd in my list above Bitshares and Dash. That means I think it might be the most serious contender after LN and Iota, but what I meant to imply is I don't have enough information about it yet (but I do have two threads to review).

skywave

Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:43:17 PM

@TPTB

Fair enough - point taken, thanks Smiley
Good luck with your endeavor.

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 07:44:31 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 08:14:51 PM by TPTB_need_war

I think I've solved the naming issue!

I added three new name choices to the poll and I really, really like it:

zing
vibe
love

I think zing it is perfect. I also offer the vibe and love choices.

zing
ziNG
informal
noun
: energy, enthusiasm, or liveliness.
"he was expected to add some zing to the lackluster team"

verb
: move swiftly.
"he could send an arrow zinging through the air"

Please sling me 5 zings for that.

I started with 'love' because I was thinking what people really are sending on the internet is information about relative appreciation. Then I got to 'vibe' but it is more of a feeling. What I really wanted to capture is that money is a form of stored energy and also to capture the giving of love, vibes, and likes in social networking. So many crypto names have tried to capture crypto money as a concept of small bits of information (e.g. quark, bitcoin, quantum), but that is just how it is represented and doesn't capture what it really is.

I think I nailed it folks.

People want to store and communicate their value and energy.

The name also implies fast which is what we want for microtransactions. And the meanings for both the noun and the verb are perfectly matched to the meanings I am desiring to capture.

And I think everyone gets some meaning from that word, either fast thing or a storage of positive energy and enthusiasm.

This is in line with the shift in the Knowledge Age away from money has a monetary capital into a dynamic metric of social energy and enthusiasm. The capital that internet ventures value most are the social hive vibes, and not monetary capital. Monetary capital is dying with the death of large fixed capital investments for factories and physical economies-of-scale. The new economies-of-scale are in social energy.

Let's enter the Knowledge Age!

Edit: on further thought, maybe love or vibe are more unique and brandable, e.g. bing, fling, sling, etc. Certainly no one will make another coin that sounds like Love. It is the essence of value and why were are here on earth. I sort of like it more than zing. Love is more fundamental and will shock many people. Please pay me 5 loves. Filipinos will be all over that. A company would be hesistant to use the name Love, because it can't be trademarked. But for coin which no one owns, we don't want trademarks. Rather we just want spontaneous ubiquitous adoption. What could be more ubiquitous than love (perhaps the only thing more ubiquitous than money is love). And turning money into love. That is what the Knowledge Age is really about. It is about ending the concept of storing up monetary capital to take control over people, and instead positivity and appreciation of diversity and creativity.

(to all the jealous haters, I am an artist so just be prepared for shocking inspirations Tongue we can work together if you don't require control and subjugation powers...it is your choice...I will travel my path regardless)

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 08:36:42 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2015, 08:47:34 PM by TPTB_need_war

I think we need to realize that microtransactions will end up being just credits of appreciation that are traded around. Users won't be counting these in terms of exchange value but rather in terms of the powers it enables.

Step away from your mindset as an investor and think about the person who is actually using sub-penny transactions. Are they thinking about the $0.00001? Hell no. Get a clue!

When you play a game, you earn credits to enable new powers and buy extra capabilities. Microtransactions are like that but on a more general setting of virtual life from social networking to even virtual jobs. So you want to order some customized shoes over the internet, you can just as well think of this as a capability enabled by the social value you attained with all your efforts in the virtual space (and that can even include work such as programming, designing something, recruiting, promoting, etc..)

The investors will want an exchange value to existing monetary markets fine. But the users are not primarily thinking about these tiny payments of fractions of a penny as money. They already have money for large purchases, every day needs, etc.. The transition (unification) from their virtual values (Likes) to what they use to pay for every day needs will happen seamlessly over the next decade as if they didn't even realize the unification was occurring.

To make new markets, we need to think of markets that are not already addressed by users' existing concepts of what money does and is. We should not struggle with making them rethink what money is and instead grab the lower hanging fruit of adjusting what money is to what they are already doing! And give it a name.

Instead of waiting for Facebook to record all the Likes in the universe (which is impossible), our block chain becomes a recording of Likes in a more fungible sense (and we can also have 2.0 assets for non-fungible vertical market units suck as Likes and these can then have an exchange value to Loves).

Think out-of-the box.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:15:32 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 02:40:56 AM by TPTB_need_war

Thinking outside box I came up with dab.

It's a trending word right now.

It has been a trending phrase for me since the 1980s when I named WordUp, later Art-O-matic, later CoolPage. All were successful, but the last one the most so.

Dab means a very small amount of something. Who wants that? You are not communicating what anybody wants.

Zing? Yeah I want some of that. Vibe? Yeah I need more of that in this forum. Love? Hell yeah I want more of that. Dab? Sorry don't need any of that.

Try naming a social networking site Dabr instead of the very popular Viber and see how that works out. Actually I worked on Dabbler, which was a paint program, but in that context it is at least somewhat desireable (but I didn't pick the name and I didn't approve of it and it failed).

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:19:42 PM

It might be worth thinking about the growing use of mobile payments for both online purchases and in person purchases.

NFC is the main communication channel between mobile and merchants.

What is due to replace NFC?

Or, why not just NFC Pay?  Consumers latch on to the simplest things and they will be hearing NFC for years to come.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:21:09 PM

It might be worth thinking about the growing use of mobile payments for both online purchases and in person purchases.

Or, why not just NFC Pay?  Consumers latch on to the simplest things and they will be hearing NFC for years to come.

You all are not putting yourselves in the mind of the user and that is why you have 0 adoption amongst mainstream users.

Do you think any normal person has a clue or cares what NFC means. Non-technophiles (n00bs, especially females) don't care about the tech, they only care about what they get that they want and need.

Regular people don't want something named ions. They wouldn't have any use for them. Whereas, offer them some swipes, likes, vibes, zings, or loves. That they want.

If you are going to tell people this is money, then they will want dollars and pesos, not your funky money.

If you want them to use your funky money, you have to name it something they want which is applicable to the context in which they will be interacting with your funky money.

Avoid all the complicated explanations that make my gf's eyes roll back in her head and just make it simple for them to understand.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:26:22 PM

Or, why not just NFC Pay?  Consumers latch on to the simplest things and they will be hearing NFC for years to come.

You all are not putting yourselves in the mind of the user and that is why you have 0 adoption amongst mainstream users.

Do you think any normal person has a clue or cares what NFC means. People don't care about the tech, they only care about what they get that they want and need.

Regular people don't want ions. They wouldn't have any use for them.

Now you've gone and missed the point.

Users are going to be hearing NFC all the time. That's the point.

I agree that they don't know what it means. And that is the point.

Apple, Visa, Mastercard, google, etc will be promoting themselves, but all of them will be saying 'we use NFC'. And that is the point.

Merchants will be promoting the security benefits of NFC to consumers. And that is the point.

The point is, users will be hearing NFC from every single direction.  So using NFC Pay as a name means everyone recognizes your brand, trusts it and your competitors are promoting your name for you. < and that is the point.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:30:52 PM

You are pigeon-holing it. People are going to be exchanging micropayments on all sorts of activity that do not involved an NFC interaction with a mobile phone. You will confuse users and cause them to think this is a bastardized Apple Pay and they will prefer the corporate NFC not some bizarro decentralized wannabe crap (from their mindset).

Many more users have heard of Viber, Likes, love, and swiping than they will care or hear about NFC any time soon. You are replacing a generalized, currently popular association with a very narrow and future looking one that will be dominated by corporate behemoths.

And why are you pigeon-holing this only to payments. This is about ecosystems and all sorts of social paradigms of interaction that come from fungibility of expressions of interest.

You are missing the point. The BIG point.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 09:34:19 PM

You are pigeon-holing it. People are going to be exchanging micropayments on all sorts of activity that do not involved an NFC interaction with a mobile phone. You will confuse users and cause them to think this is a bastardized Apple Pay and they will prefer the corporate NFC not some bizarro decentralized wannabe crap (from their mindset).

Many more users have heard of Viber, Likes, love, and swiping than they will care or hear about NFC any time soon. You are replacing a generalized, currently popular association with a very narrow and future looking one that will be dominated by corporate behemoths.

And why are you pigeon-holing this only to payments. This is about ecosystems and all sorts of social paradigms of interaction that come from fungibility of expressions of interest.

You are missing the point. The BIG point.

So, you're going for micro payments?

pico
femto
atto
zepto
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: