May 28, 2024, 01:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:39:04 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 08:50:43 PM by THX 1138

Is this you, or somebody taking the piss?

[PRE-ANN] Ƀits [Bits] w/ anonymity - launching 01/12/2015
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1235917.0

Interesting. Found these below, but not the bitscoin.io mentioned at your link. Blurb repeatedly mentioned "we".

...To protect the Bits crypto-token protocol usage, I registered the following domains:

bitscoin.org
bitscoin.us

I am amazed the first domain is available, because it is a one letter misspelling of bitcoin.org which is taken to be the official domain of Bitcoin. So if people start using bits and get confused with Bitcoin, they might type bitscoin and end up at my site. Note it appears bitscoin.com and bitscoin.net are both for sale (the latter for $1500)...
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:17:25 PM

looks shady..  Cool
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:35:40 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:14:58 PM by TPTB_need_war

Don't care about eating crow and will never invest in your Coin no matter how good it is because you continually assault anyone that have any objections. You have this "higher than thou" attitude that I find absolutely repulsive, you have a high mathematical aptitude but suck at social interactions.

+1, my sentiments exactly. I wouldn't invest in this "coin" even if Giselle Bundchen came over and blew me every time I made a transaction. Not that it would ever happen... can't make a transaction with vapour  Cheesy

My 25 year old gf (half my age) is better looking and an order-of-magnitude more sexy than her (well depending on your preferences)! And more importantly, her attitude and personality is excellent (doesn't give me a lot of headaches that I would get from a typical female).

You guys have the ego problem. I simply do what I do. You guys are elbows and acrimony.

She (and I) are not always photogenic, but some of these nearly capture the live attraction. Click these to view larger:

And with the "old" man (me). The sleeveless shirt pics were in January 2015 (other pic taken when I was 26, and last pic was September was still recovering from fasting):

And this is from August driving to buy goat's milk, after I water-only fasted for 10+ days and dropped below 60 kg body weight (I appeared to be and was indeed very ill, and afair bed ridden soon after that trip):

Give me like 5 sentences or less why your project is going to be a game-changer and why.

Here:

CoinCube, you should recognize clearly that the solution to your enumerated list is a crypto-currency which is distributed in minute amounts to all citizens of the world. And which is not obtained through exchanges.

Once that is circulating and used in a myriad of popular activities on the internet, the elite can no longer stop it.

And this is precisely what I am preparing to launch.

Interesting. Found these below, but not the bitscoin.io mentioned at your link. Blurb repeatedly mentioned "we".

...To protect the Bits crypto-token protocol usage, I registered the following domains:

bitscoin.org
bitscoin.us

I am amazed the first domain is available, because it is a one letter misspelling of bitcoin.org which is taken to be the official domain of Bitcoin. So if people start using bits and get confused with Bitcoin, they might type bitscoin and end up at my site. Note it appears bitscoin.com and bitscoin.net are both for sale (the latter for $1500)...

That is fine. Let them copy my ideas. If they gain any usership then I have those superior domains to reverse leech off those who leeched off me. Also I stated up thread that I was not thrilled about reusing Bitcoin's "bits", Bitstar's "BITS" and also close to existing coin name Bitz.

Any way, I have a superior name now. The name to conquer all other names! I will announce the new name when I announce availability of the testnet.

Also I have asked normal people what "bit coin" or "bits coin" means to them, and they all say "bitten coin" or "little bits of a coin", thus normal (n00b not programmers) people do not inherently associate it to digital money. The problem with a name containing "bit" is that if you try to market this broadly, people will not inherently understand it by the very important word-of-mouth (in my case Facebook Likes) viral marketing strategy.

Note I have been busy programming (literally 17 hours daily). I got mired down in trying to get a tool chain running for GUI C debugger. Cripes some things are just a lot fucking harder (on Linux) than used to be in days where I could install Visual C from CDrom and be done.

othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:56:48 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 09:01:56 AM by othe

Note I have been busy programming (literally 17 hours daily). I got mired down in trying to get a tool chain running for GUI C debugger. Cripes some things are just a lot fucking harder (on Linux) than used to be in days where I could install Visual C from CDrom and be done.

QTCreator is pretty easy to setup with clang or gcc toolchain, it has native support for GDB and LLDB as debuggers and a "great" UI even if you don´t do QT stuff with it, the debugger UI is also more than ok. Alternatively maybe look into Codeblocks.... but yeah VS is still miles ahead, i would give them my first born son if they bring it out for unix based system.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:29:11 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 08:42:05 AM by TPTB_need_war

QTCreator is pretty easy to setup with clang or gcc toolchain, it has native support for GDB and LLDB as debuggers and a "great" UI even if you don´t do QT stuff with it, the debugger UI is also more than ok. Alternatively maybe look into Codeblocks.... but yeah VS is still miles ahead, i would give them my first born sun if they bring it out for unix based system.

Thanks. That was one of those on my list to try, so perhaps I will try that one next. Dual support for GCC and Clang is a big plus.

I had set up Eclipse CDT and was getting compiler errors because of GCC 4.8 lacking support for _Generic but I didn't notice 4.9 listed in the available packages in either the Package or Software Manegers, so then I installed 4.9 this way, but then Eclipse is failing to produce an executable on "make all" (and I can see that makefile echos are not appearing in the Console) although it doesn't report any failure in the Console. Subsequently I even tried uninstalling 4.8 (but not "gcc base" because Clang requires that) and 4.9, then reinstalling either 4.8 or 4.9.

At some times Eclipse was reporting that it couldn't find g++ (and then later gcc), and so I included the PATH in the build variables. Then I removed the PATH and still same. I am not experienced enough with Eclipse to know how to debug the tool chain. So far I have always found Eclipse to be labyrinth in terms of integrating tool chains. Btw, if any one thinks n00bs will get any where near to frustrating shit like this, they have a hole in their head. This is one reason Javascript is extremely popular, because you don't have headaches setting up a tool chain. Someone needs to do something about the accessibility of programming other than Javascript.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:18:31 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:11:16 PM by TPTB_need_war

The following domains can be registered at namecheap.com. I strongly suggest you grab them immediately:

emuni.es
emoni.es

If you had not already claimed that name, then I would strongly consider using those names. But I don't want to steal your ideas.

Tangentially on health update, basically I have no severe chronic fatigue nor severe loss of productivity while on all these anti-oxidant supplements that I started in October. But my body wants sleep and more sleep. When I don't sleep enough (or especially when working 15+ hours non-stop) my cranium and legs start to exhibit the symptoms I associate with Multiple Sclerosis such as the sensation that a wet towel is on my head, aches in rear of my cranium, numbness in my legs and feet (peripheral neuropathy). The prior night (after being on the computer perhaps 32-34 hours of the 40 period, with a 6-8 hour sleep in the middle) I even had the sensation that I was suddenly going blind. The effect was that the patterns from the computer screen were floating (etched) in my vision (remember I am blind in one eye) even after looking away and my field-of-vision was suddenly narrowing (tunnel vision). This effect was a sudden change over about 30 minutes. But I stopped to go eat and take my supplements, then slept and it ameliorated by the morning. The pain in my abdomen which used to be daily, is rarely occurring now (just very slight at times almost unnoticeable). Note I haven't exercised at all, since exercise has in recent times always sent me into a couple (or few) days of chronic fatigue and other symptoms of disability. My understanding of this (including the input from others) is that the only way for my brain to heal is with sleep and the anti-oxidants aid in that process.

So in short, I need more sleep to heal, but I need to work more hours to succeed. So it is delicate ledge that I am trying to stay as close as I can to until I get to launch, then I can back off a bit and sleep a lot more.

Also because my body wants more sleep, I am not 100% energetic and alert while working. Sometimes it is more of a slog and I am sure I am less efficient than if I was entirely energetic and brain more active. It varies and I still have times where I am 80+% energized.

P.S. I am not writing posts like this due to narcissism nor ego. Rather there are some who are expecting updates from me and I don't have time to communicate to them individually in private, thus for efficiency I write in public what I ideally might prefer to write in private.

My 25 year old gf (half my age)...

Btw, my expectation is she will be playing a vital role in the launch of this coin. We'll soon see... (if I can get the damn tool chain working today)

How much vitamin d have you taken? What kind of time frames have you done them for?

In private msgs please any discussions about my health. I don't want to put all that in this thread. Thanks.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:21:07 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:16:06 PM by TPTB_need_war

Give me like 5 sentences or less why your project is going to be a game-changer and why.

Here:

CoinCube, you should recognize clearly that the solution to your enumerated list is a crypto-currency which is distributed in minute amounts to all citizens of the world. And which is not obtained through exchanges.

Once that is circulating and used in a myriad of popular activities on the internet, the elite can no longer stop it.

Any way, I have a superior name now. The name to conquer all other names! I will announce the new name when I announce availability of the testnet.

Also I have asked normal people what "bit coin" or "bits coin" means to them, and they all say "bitten coin" or "little bits of a coin", thus normal (n00b not programmers) people do not inherently associate it to digital money. The problem with a name containing "bit" is that if you try to market this broadly, people will not inherently understand it by the very important word-of-mouth (in my case Facebook Likes) viral marketing strategy.

So here was a prior attempt that failed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenz.com

Beenz.com was a web site that allowed consumers to earn beenz, a type of online currency, for performing activities such as visiting a web site, shopping online, or logging on through an Internet service provider. The beenz e-currency could then be spent with participating online merchants.

The marketing and brand concept positioned Beenz as ‘the web's currency,’ global money that would challenge the world’s major currencies.

It failed because of non-viral marketing strategy (as well a horrible name that doesn't mean digital money nor internet money):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenz.com#Marketing_Campaign

Marketing Campaign

The company used an innovative guerilla marketing campaign to get the word out in the early days. Instead of distributing a flyer in the conventional way, the company hired magicians and sleight-of-hand experts to slip the flyers surreptitiously into the pockets of members of the public. The flyers depicted "Billy Beenz", the fictional company mascot. Billy had a shock of red hair and a goofy expression.

There was some controversy when it transpired that the flyer distributors were specifically targeting drunk people, in an effort to make their task easier. There were many reports of people waking up after a night of drinking to find the Billy Beenz flyer mysteriously in their pocket.

A physical "flyer" is so far removed from a suitably high conversion rate call-to-action (e.g. "click here now to...") for the user actually interacting with the electronic currency in a way that forms an immediate need for the user and spreads virally from user-to-user.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenz.com#Business_model

Business model

The beenz business model was based upon arbitrage. Companies purchased beenz from the company at a locally determined exchange rate. They could then award these to consumers for actions to which the issuer attached value, such as making on-line purchases. Beenz were collected by the user clicking on a Java Applet and entering their email address linked to a beenz account. Consumers were then able to use their beenz to purchase goods from on-line merchants. Each merchant was free to exchange beenz at any notional value they liked, the company assuming that the market would settle the exchange value of each beenz. Merchants were then able to sell beenz back to the company itself at a pre-defined exchange rate. The company made its margin on the spread between the sell and the buy price of beenz in the market. In the later stages, a professional economist was employed to model the behaviour of prices and flows of money in this micro-economy, and keep it healthy.

Cohen's stated long term aim was eventually to allow consumers to purchase beenz directly from the company and for the "beenz economy" to eventually resemble that of a real economy. However, at the time, this was fraught with difficulty as some countries (such as France) expressed a view that such alternative currency schemes were undesirable and that they would seek to prevent them from operating.

This was attempting to drive adoption top-down (merchants incentivizing users), instead of bottom-up (users driving use, bcz merchants never refuse to accept widely held money).

As I said, most people are marketing dunces. He wasted $100 million on stupid strategy that I could have assured him would fail, and is the same reason I am sure Monero and every other altcoin will fail (unless they change their marketing and are capable of doing so, i.e. copying my lead).

Here follows a link to another attempt where scaling is too slow compared to what I will introduce, because their marketing presumes users, merchants, and vendors are distinct:

https://www.cashu.com/index.pl

And here again as follows Ven is attempting a similar goal but the marketing problem again is the distribution to the users, as Ven requires users to "Top Up" which I assume means exchange some fiat to obtain some Ven:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ven_(currency)

Ven (sign: VEN) is a global digital currency traded in international financial markets and originally used by members of a social network service, Hub Culture, to buy, share, and trade knowledge, goods, and services. The value of Ven is determined on the financial markets from a basket of currencies, commodities and carbon futures. It trades against major currencies at floating exchange rates. Ven is currently listed on the LMAX Exchange.

History

According to Hub Culture, Ven first appeared as an application in Facebook on 4 July 2007.

In 2009, The Wall Street Journal described the currency as being pegged to the US dollar, and used by Hub Culture's users to trade goods, services, and knowledge. One user described having been paid in Ven for making introductions and other favors.

http://info.ven.vc/wordpress/

FEDERAL RESERVE FASTER PAYMENTS TASK FORCE GATHERS SPEED

Hub Culture and Ven are part of the 300 person strong Faster Payments Task Force, a landmark initiative by the Federal Reserve to build consensus around payments innovation in the United States.  The task force includes leaders from across the world of payments, including banks large and small, service providers, stakeholders, regulators and academics from the United States.

Through a series of calls, webinars and in person meetings, the task force seeks to understand and develop end-to-end solutions for ubiquitous, secure payment infrastructure in the financial services industry. The effort is particularly centered around the Federal Reserve’s payment services.

This week the group is meeting in Chicago to continue refining criterion for approaches to faster payment systems in the US, and to develop the conversation on a wide range of issues concerning other aspects that emerge from the work. Over 4,000 have signed up to monitor the progress via online tools.

Digital assets like Ven and identity/compliance systems like HubID are part of the conversation with other approaches and services as part of the ‘non-bank providers’ working segment.

Together, the blueprints for faster payments in the US and beyond are emerging, but a final solution is not expected soon. Working groups and segments are are set to continue development through 2016 as part of the existing remit of the task force, with an ongoing series of meetings and other activities.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:50:11 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:19:19 PM by TPTB_need_war

QTCreator is pretty easy to setup with clang or gcc toolchain, it has native support for GDB and LLDB as debuggers and a "great" UI even if you don´t do QT stuff with it, the debugger UI is also more than ok. Alternatively maybe look into Codeblocks.... but yeah VS is still miles ahead, i would give them my first born son if they bring it out for unix based system.

Solution ended up being the same for both QTCreator and Eclipse CDT. I entirely removed GNU make and reinstalled the package.

I realized this was the likely solution when QTCreator provided a more specific failure message than Eclipse (which silently failed), indicating that it could not run the GNU make process.

So then I tried "make --version" which caused my computer to hang with either excessive virtual memory paging load (that is what it sounded like) or CPU load (according to google searches), but I couldn't determine which because the computer was totally unresponsive to all UI so I was forced to do a power reset.

Actually I had suspected an issue in the make process so yesterday with Eclipse I had tried to issue make (without the --version) and it hung my computer the same, so I assumed it was an error in the tool chain other than make (i.e. that is was operating on the makefiles in my Eclipse project folders). But then error message from QTCreator caused me to think of trying to check the version number of make so as to isolate if make was corrupted.

These are the strange wanderings of either having system configuration dependencies that stomp on each other and/or using arcane tool chains from the 1970s which haven't kept up with the latest demands of technology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_(software)#Origin
http://www.conifersystems.com/whitepapers/gnu-make/

Or perhaps just some random cosmic rays...

Btw, consuming more than a day to solve an issue like this is an example of the physical/energy (impacting on mental) fatigue of my illness. If I was healthy, my mental process wouldn't be as impacted. Sleeping more can probably help. But even when I sleep 8 hours, I find I still have this sort of "buzz" or light headedness combined with "feeling sleepy". Seems my body might be content to sleep always or something like that. So I just slog through it and have my moments when I am very alert (80+% mental focus/clarity/energy) and the rest of the time sort of 40 - 70% and sort of on auto-pilot. In that latter state, issues like this above really disrupt any productivity. So I guess what I am saying is that massive quantities of supplements (anti-oxidants) since October has changed my health condition from one of being unable to sleep and rollercoaster bouts of debilitated zombie state, to more of a steady condition of feeling often quite sleepy and at some level of productivity lower than "full clarity" yet able to work consistently even if often not at "80+%" level of energy and thus mental energy also. So it seems like I am not going to be able to have that "80+%" energy level a lot, just when ever I get it for a couple of hours per day (maybe 4 hours I get that great focused time per day). The rest of the time I will be operating in a more lethargic state, but at least not totally debilitating as before October. So I will take this as a big improvement. It just sucks when issues like the above become such a major time loss.

Oh and I think I prefer the GUI of QTCreator over Eclipse, so thanks again for the tip.

P.S. do not install QTCreator from Software Manager in Ubuntu, because you end up with an out-of-date version that doesn't include all the relevant "Kits" so then you can't actually create a Project. Download it from the vendor's site and use their installer. That cost me another 2 hours to figure out.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:17:40 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 07:45:14 PM by TPTB_need_war

Thanks to all that voted. The polls (all 4 of them, see the OP) allowed me to learn about how a great name for a crypto-currency has to balance many different qualities. It has to be brandable (meaning it will be memorable, and won't have a gazillion lookalike copycoin cats), implicitly understood by difference demographic audiences (e.g. n00bs and technophiles), avoid legal issues, etc..

I am eager to announce the new name, but I will wait until I have something in testnet, so isn't just more vaporware masturbation. Also to prevent copycats from getting leverage by being first.

I will just say the best name has always been under our noses but there is a reason it hasn't been suggested. As it turns out, that reason not to suggest that name can be easily resolved!! Let me give you a hint: subdomains

https://en.blog.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/intro-to-custom-domains/

If the domain you want is already taken, consider a different TLD[second level domain and then use your own custom third level domain]. For example, janedoe.com may be taken, but janedoe.me[jane.doe.me] may be available instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack

A domain hack is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or name when concatenating two or more adjacent levels of that domain. For example, http://bir.ds/ and http://examp.le/, using the fictitious country-code domains .ds and .le, suggest the word birds and example respectively. In this context, the word hack denotes a clever trick (as in programming), not an exploit or break-in (as in security).

History

On November 23, 1992, inter.net was registered. In the 1990s, several hostnames ending in "pla.net" were active. The concept of spelling out a phrase with the parts of a hostname to form a domain hack became well established. On Friday, May 3, 2002, icio.us was registered to create del.icio.us. Delicious would later gain control of the delicio.us domain, which had been parked since April 24, 2002, the day the .us ccTLD was opened to second-level registrations.

So in preparation for this new strategy I registered the following names (which were ideas I had since 2014 when I was originally pursuing Dots as my project name) as part of the fallback legal strategy:

dotcash.co  $3
dotcash.us  $4
dotcash.biz $4

The new PERFECT name is _?_.cash (i.e. _?_ "DOT" cash) or alternatively _?_cash.cash (see the "DOT cash" is still there in this latter version).

You will soon know what the _?_ is if you aren't able to deduce it from the hints provided.

After all it doesn't matter who was first to name something. What matters is who will have the justification for claiming the name because they make it globally popular.

I am talking about a name that was coined in 1994 and registered in 1995.

There is no way any one will dislike the new name. I am sure it will be more popular than any other name for crypto-currency. 100% sure. It is a similar certainty as when I selected the name CoolPage in the Fall of 1998. I am so sure I don't need to ask nor tell anyone:

Why even bother naming it? You'll only get bored and give it a new name in a few months anyway.

I sought out and bought the CoolPage.com domain for $500 from a third party ($1500 or so inflation-adjusted). That name has remained consistent for 16 years and even my primary email address is still on that domain. The former registrant was able to buy a more appropriate domain for his programming business site, and pocked the difference as well as being able to tell everyone he was the prior owner of that domain I made slightly (0.3% internet reach) popular at the turn of the century (long since forgotten after the Friendsters, Myspaces, Facebooks, Vibers).

I know a great name when I see one and I don't vacillate. I am also an artist who demands perfection and maximum creativity in what I do. This is precisely why your culture is suffocating for me and I can't work with your culture. I am an artist.

Btw, I retain all the prior name ideas (and the registered domains) as fallback options. I also registered an alternative spelling for vibes (since it was on sale for $4):

vybes.us    $4

I had some weeks ago registered:

vibes.cash  $25

tromp
Legendary

Activity: 982
Merit: 1088

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:13:41 PM

Here's a shocker:

net.cash is available     $500.00 

Not so shocking:

digi.cash is already registered
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:24:14 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 10:49:19 PM by TPTB_need_war

Here's a shocker:

net.cash is available     $500.00  

Hey please don't speak so loudly, I knew already some of the priority variants of domains are available for < $1000 each (and several more < $4000), but it doesn't help to tell copycats that and have the name end up used by some shitcoin that can't really push the competition amongst the serious efforts (Monero et al).

Yeah and digicash.com is not only registered but the trademark is likely taken (one would have to be careful about potential legal battles if they tried to use that name) and I wouldn't try to use that name (even if it were available on some TLD such as digi.cash). I believe e.cash, dot.cash, and data.cash were on the list of reserved names for the DOT cash TLD. I think digicash is only the 2nd or 3rd best name (in my opinion, netcash being either 2nd or 3rd). I would argue that digicash is better than netcash, because the implication of "net" in the latter is only for the internet (and not for mobile phones and every where). Although that association with the internet can be very powerful positive factor as well, so difficult to relatively rank the two especially given "digi" is two syllables thus rolls off the tongue more laboriously.

Any way netcash is not the name I am most likely to choose. There is a better choice. But I've been keeping netcash as another option. So again please don't speak so loudly. There is a private msg feature on this forum.

Unfortunately I am not awash in cash so much so that I can go dump $500 on every domain I want to protect as 2nd or 3rd option. If anyone wants to register it and donates it to us if we end up using the netcash domains I already registered (see below), then I am confident that person can be granted some coins as gratitude for their donation.

netcash.click $7
netcash.me    $7

P.S. in hindsight I spent more than $500 on domain registrations my wild goose chase for a name, and it would have been wiser to focus that on a great choice such as net.cash. Had I not discovered this other choice, I'd probably immediately purchase net.cash now. I am still contemplating it.

Edit: too late I already registered it (as you forced my hand by drawing public attention to this and I was hoping to decide a few weeks from now, but maybe that is for the best):

net.cash      $500

The name I am considering is 1 - 2 characters shorter to type than that in some variants, and 1 - 2 characters longer to type in others.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:27:21 PM

Some scaling design work I have been doing on micro-transactions:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1249015.msg13025701#msg13025701
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1249015.msg13026152#msg13026152

othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:28:10 AM

i would personally go with a more generic oldschool TLD like .org or .com.

Alternatively check out .to domains, they don´t give a fuck about the USA and are the only ones who even ignore whois rules from icann.
A bit pricey with 99usd per year tho.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:02:32 AM

Critically important discovery regarding anonymity for crypto-currency:

Thus this requirement for anti-DDoS would introduce a form of simultaneity requirement on CN one-time rings that could be jammed (spammed) as is the case for CoinJoin (and even the CoinShuffle improvement). As I had argued to gmaxwell in his CoinJoin thread in 2013, that blacklisting offenders is unworkable if there is no reference point, because precisely the point of adding anonymity is to destroy any reference point (other than an orthogonal one such as IP addresses, which as I have explained in this thread is also untenable at scale).

Thus I worried that anonymity might be untenable.

The only solution I have been able to conjure is to use CoinShuffle to produce a group of hashes where every public key participating corresponds to some UTXO that can be confiscated.

So while I believe I have refuted my worry that anonymity is entirely untenable, I now believe that purely on chain anonymity is untenable. Which I think was also obvious from that fact that CN one-time rings can be unmasked if an adversary can correlate IP addresses to persistent identities. So if we have to do the CoinShuffle any way (which also mixes the spenders' IP addresses so we don't have to rely on the unreliable anonymity offered by Tor of I2P), then there is no reason to do the CN one-time ring signtures. Just use CoinShuffle with either CT or CCT.

Thus note that Zerocash will always be (and Monero is until they replace CN with CoinShuffle) untenable.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:34:50 PM

since you mentioned you need sleep..here is a recipe that might help

lemongrass juice (cold) or tea (hot)

ingredients

1. lemongrass
2. kalamansi
3. brown sugar (optional if you are on strict diet)
4. clean water

clean the lemon grass, crush the base and put into boiling water and then turn off the fire..after 15mins remove the lemongrass add kalamansi, sugar (optional). you can put it into a bottle and place it in refrigerator to cool.

I'm very sure this can make you relax and make you sleep. just made 7 liters tonight for 1 week supply

it said that it can help with MS,
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/health-benefits-properties-lemongrass-3348.html
http://moderndayms.com/2015/01/essential-oils-aid-multiple-sclerosis-patients/
http://www.dreamingearth.com/catalog/pc/MS-Multiple-Sclerosis-d58.htm

i'm not treating some illness or know deep stuff about lemongrass, the juice for me is for pleasure and sleeping.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:59:44 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 10:05:22 PM by TPTB_need_war

i would personally go with a more generic oldschool TLD like .org or .com.

The _?_cash.org appears to be registered to a domain squatter, so probably for sale for some several $1000s.

The _?_cash.net is held by the trademark plaintiff. And the _?_cash.com appears to still be held by the one who was sued by the plaintiff before the turn of the century. Neither of these parties has shown any capability to put the name to productive use since turn the of the century. It appears the EU (Germany) registered trademark expired in 2011.

netcash.org is $2,171 (or $1,888) and netcash.co is $1,229.

netcash.net had only a failed attempt at a website at the turn of the century and nothing since.

netcash.com has an ongoing website that seems dysfunctional.

The problem with both of those choices is the unlikely (or very high cost) to obtain the .com and .net domains. This is somewhat of a disadvantage when prospective viral users type the name directly in the address bar, but typically users use Google to access websites. And Google should point to the most popular listing for a search term, so not having the .com and .net may not be as big of an issue as others may claim.

Other reasons to not prefer the netcash name choice:

• Cash only for the internet is not entirely general use of digital money, and users typically think of mobile phones as distinct from "the internet".
  • Not differentiated from other variants of saying "internet money", e.g. webcash, cashnet, cashweb, inetcash, onlinecash.
  • Term "net cash" also has a meaning "net cash flow" in business or accounting context.

As a precaution (plan B), I registered netcash.cash for $25, netcash.io for $33, netcash.pw for $2, and netcash.cc for $19 so now I am the current registrant of:

net.cash
netcash.cash
netcash.cc
netcash.click
netcash.io
netcash.me
netcash.pw

Alternatively check out .to domains, they don´t give a fuck about the USA and are the only ones who even ignore whois rules from icann.
A bit pricey with 99usd per year tho.

Thank you for bringing that arcane morsel of valuable information to my attention. I had noticed that .to TLD and wasn't aware why it was favored:

https://www.tonic.to/faq.htm#7

netcash.to was not available, but I did register the name I really want _?_cash.to. So that is yet another insurance that my use of that somewhat controversial name can't end up in a near-term legal loss (and near-term is all that matters since if successful then popularity and open source will overpower any legal recourse).

I also registered both _?_cash.ec and (for the subdomain _?_.) cash.ec (for the "_?_ DOT cash" interpretation).

So that wraps up my search for names and domain names. This is now very well set and ready to roll. So now I just need to code, code, code.

Btw, as for the ongoing issue of protection against fascism and totalitarianism w.r.t. to action taken against or by the NICs for the country level TLDs, I feel Tonga would cave in eventually to G20 pressure. So long-term we need a decentralized .bit type solution.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:02:30 PM

Idea about long-term money supply management:

[1] Negative debasement is very likely with crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin which target a constant money supply since users lose their passwords and there is no way for the system to know this (unless coins are forfeited if not spent or if instead the money supply is kept constant relative to money velocity and in the latter case you wouldn't need to reward the debasement to miners necessary and could instead pay it to every coin address in the UTXO).

AlanX

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:46:03 PM

Someone asked me in a private message if I have compared my planned (currently vaporware) design to Factom.

There are some key distinctions between my design and Factom's:

• Since Factom uses the Bitcoin block chain, it doesn't defeat selfish mining employing my math derivation.
  • Since Factom uses the Bitcoin block chain, it doesn't fix mining so that proof-of-work is unprofitable for ASICs and thus only the users mine.
  • Since Factom uses the Bitcoin block chain, it doesn't eliminate the 51% attack.
  • Factom conflates the requirement to use their tokens (factoids) in order to use their consensus network, thus network is not orthogonal to user's preferred asset class.
  • Factom transactions don't become irreversible for 10 minutes, whereas my design is on the order of a second or seconds to become irreversible.
  • Factom's consensus network is a fixed number of federated servers, and not an open, unbounded entropy permission-less network. I will not explain why at this time; this limitation in Factom is derives from the fact that Factom doesn't mine its own block chain.
  • Whereas afaik Ethereum's unresolved technical problem has been it forces all the nodes to verify each script (or did they ever stop thrashing their research and settle on a delegation algorithm?), contract, or transaction, Factom consensus does not verify at all (relegates to clients to interpret but afaics clients can't inhibit further downstream graph entanglement), thus a tangled mayhem! I believe my design resolves this major, major issue.
  • I do not see any mention of network partitioning tolerance for Factom.

There may be other differences and I will need to spend more time analyzing to be sure I have enumerated every difference.

P.S. still planning to evaluate eMunie.

Some feedback. 

Factom only uses the blockchain to secure the record.  One anchor is dropped into the bitcoin blockchain every 10 minutes.   Even if some anchors do not make it into the blockchain in a timely fashion, they can call be written, and they can also be recorded in other chains and other histories.  I don't think selfish mining has much of a way of attacking this.

Only the federated servers record and build the Factom history.  They are elected only by those holding Entry Credits (i.e. using the protocol).  So ASICs have little to do with Factom outside of Bitcoin as a publishing mechanism.

The 51 percent attack on Bitcoin might prevent anchors from being written by Factom.  There are other ways to write anchors though, so not too much of a concern.  Factom itself must have a majority of Federated Servers following the rules. So a 51 percent attack remains possible.

Factom doesn't require Factoids to use the protocol, but Entry Credits.  And while Entry Credits are created from Factoids, by breaking the direct connection of the token from the use of the protocol, the use of the protocol can be denominated in any token.  So in fact, you could give someone dollars, or Bitcoin, or XCoin in exchange for Entry Credits and make use of the Factom protocol, and never touch a Factoid.  The token only exists to reward servers to record data.  Meta protocols can thus run on top of Factom, and if those protocols have value, they can be used without any particular user having to have factoids.

Factoid transactions are irreversible as soon as a federated server has issued a receipt.  Each receipt is part of a chain of entries, so each receipt builds on the previous entries.  Thus a transaction can be considered final in Factom in seconds.

Factom is a consensus algorithm run on identified servers.  It is permissionless in the sense that any server that gains enough support can be a part of the federated server pool, and the protocol and the users of the protocol are part of that election process.  But there is no mining, and no block reorganizations... This requires identifying the servers that must build the blocks prior to the creation of the blocks.

Factom stalls if the network is partitioned to the point that no majority can be identified.  If the network is repaired, Factom resumes with a majority. 

Sorry this is late, but I just noticed the post.  I hope this is helpful.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:58:37 PM

Here:

So here was a prior attempt that failed:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenz.com

Beenz.com was a web site that allowed consumers to earn beenz, a type of online currency, for performing activities such as visiting a web site, shopping online, or logging on through an Internet service provider. The beenz e-currency could then be spent with participating online merchants.

The marketing and brand concept positioned Beenz as ‘the web's currency,’ global money that would challenge the world’s major currencies.

It failed because of non-viral marketing strategy (as well a horrible name that doesn't mean digital money nor internet money):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenz.com#Marketing_Campaign

Marketing Campaign

The company used an innovative guerilla marketing campaign to get the word out in the early days. Instead of distributing a flyer in the conventional way, the company hired magicians and sleight-of-hand experts to slip the flyers surreptitiously into the pockets of members of the public. The flyers depicted "Billy Beenz", the fictional company mascot. Billy had a shock of red hair and a goofy expression.

There was some controversy when it transpired that the flyer distributors were specifically targeting drunk people, in an effort to make their task easier. There were many reports of people waking up after a night of drinking to find the Billy Beenz flyer mysteriously in their pocket.

A physical "flyer" is so far removed from a suitably high conversion rate call-to-action (e.g. "click here now to...") for the user actually interacting with the electronic currency in a way that forms an immediate need for the user and spreads virally from user-to-user.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beenz.com#Business_model

Business model

The beenz business model was based upon arbitrage. Companies purchased beenz from the company at a locally determined exchange rate. They could then award these to consumers for actions to which the issuer attached value, such as making on-line purchases. Beenz were collected by the user clicking on a Java Applet and entering their email address linked to a beenz account. Consumers were then able to use their beenz to purchase goods from on-line merchants. Each merchant was free to exchange beenz at any notional value they liked, the company assuming that the market would settle the exchange value of each beenz. Merchants were then able to sell beenz back to the company itself at a pre-defined exchange rate. The company made its margin on the spread between the sell and the buy price of beenz in the market. In the later stages, a professional economist was employed to model the behaviour of prices and flows of money in this micro-economy, and keep it healthy.

Cohen's stated long term aim was eventually to allow consumers to purchase beenz directly from the company and for the "beenz economy" to eventually resemble that of a real economy. However, at the time, this was fraught with difficulty as some countries (such as France) expressed a view that such alternative currency schemes were undesirable and that they would seek to prevent them from operating.

This was attempting to drive adoption top-down (merchants incentivizing users), instead of bottom-up (users driving use, bcz merchants never refuse to accept widely held money).

As I said, most people are marketing dunces. He wasted $100 million on stupid strategy that I could have assured him would fail, and is the same reason I am sure Monero and every other altcoin will fail (unless they change their marketing and are capable of doing so, i.e. copying my lead).

Here follows a link to another attempt where scaling is too slow compared to what I will introduce, because their marketing presumes users, merchants, and vendors are distinct:

https://www.cashu.com/index.pl

And here again as follows Ven is attempting a similar goal but the marketing problem again is the distribution to the users, as Ven requires users to "Top Up" which I assume means exchange some fiat to obtain some Ven:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ven_(currency)

Ven (sign: VEN) is a global digital currency traded in international financial markets and originally used by members of a social network service, Hub Culture, to buy, share, and trade knowledge, goods, and services. The value of Ven is determined on the financial markets from a basket of currencies, commodities and carbon futures. It trades against major currencies at floating exchange rates. Ven is currently listed on the LMAX Exchange.

History

According to Hub Culture, Ven first appeared as an application in Facebook on 4 July 2007.

In 2009, The Wall Street Journal described the currency as being pegged to the US dollar, and used by Hub Culture's users to trade goods, services, and knowledge. One user described having been paid in Ven for making introductions and other favors.

http://info.ven.vc/wordpress/

FEDERAL RESERVE FASTER PAYMENTS TASK FORCE GATHERS SPEED

Hub Culture and Ven are part of the 300 person strong Faster Payments Task Force, a landmark initiative by the Federal Reserve to build consensus around payments innovation in the United States.  The task force includes leaders from across the world of payments, including banks large and small, service providers, stakeholders, regulators and academics from the United States.

Through a series of calls, webinars and in person meetings, the task force seeks to understand and develop end-to-end solutions for ubiquitous, secure payment infrastructure in the financial services industry. The effort is particularly centered around the Federal Reserve’s payment services.

This week the group is meeting in Chicago to continue refining criterion for approaches to faster payment systems in the US, and to develop the conversation on a wide range of issues concerning other aspects that emerge from the work. Over 4,000 have signed up to monitor the progress via online tools.

Digital assets like Ven and identity/compliance systems like HubID are part of the conversation with other approaches and services as part of the ‘non-bank providers’ working segment.

Together, the blueprints for faster payments in the US and beyond are emerging, but a final solution is not expected soon. Working groups and segments are are set to continue development through 2016 as part of the existing remit of the task force, with an ongoing series of meetings and other activities.

Don't care about eating crow and will never invest in your Coin no matter how good it is because you continually assault anyone that have any objections. You have this "higher than thou" attitude that I find absolutely repulsive, you have a high mathematical aptitude but suck at social interactions.

+1, my sentiments exactly. I wouldn't invest in this "coin" even if Giselle Bundchen came over and blew me every time I made a transaction. Not that it would ever happen... can't make a transaction with vapour  Cheesy

My 25 year old gf (half my age) is better looking and an order-of-magnitude more sexy than her (well depending on your preferences)! And more importantly, her attitude and personality is excellent (doesn't give me a lot of headaches that I would get from a typical female).

You guys have the ego problem. I simply do what I do. You guys are elbows and acrimony.

She (and I) are not always photogenic, but some of these nearly capture the live attraction. Click these to view larger:

And with the "old" man (me). The sleeveless shirt pics were in January 2015 (other pic taken when I was 26, and last pic was September was still recovering from fasting):

And this is from August driving to buy goat's milk, after I water-only fasted for 10+ days and dropped below 60 kg body weight (I appeared to be and was indeed very ill, and afair bed ridden soon after that trip):

Here:

bitscoin.org
bitscoin.us

That is fine. Let them copy my ideas. If they gain any usership then I have those superior domains to reverse leech off those who leeched off me. Also I stated up thread that I was not thrilled about reusing Bitcoin's "bits", Bitstar's "BITS" and also close to existing coin name Bitz.

So people should buy your altcoin because you posted some pictures of a girl which you claim is your girlfriend and some company wasted 100 million dollars slipping promo flyers into pockets of drunk people?

Can you just organize what you plan to do, how and why? I just keep seeing "it's going to be amazing and everyone will want my ideas", some random examples of things that didn't go according to plan (or completely unrelated), and that your Coin is going to be better but "can't share the details"

You have a beta or something? Some examples or videos of your code in action?

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:05:38 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 02:09:11 AM by TPTB_need_war

Before launching an open source project, I needed to research deeply the topic of DVCS (decentralized version control) which is a subject I had only dabbled in previously using a GUI client TortoiseHg for Mercurial. Unfortunately none of the material I found on the internet on this subject was well organized, concise, coherent, and complete. So I had to compile all my research into a document with the said attributes as follows.

To my consternation, this research unexpectedly consumed several days to complete, but finally the first draft of the document is completed:

https://gist.github.com/shelby3/f69c969ecaa3ecfbe579

And so without further ado, I have published some minimal portions of my code to open source (a lot of source code will remain closed source until after I launch):

https://github.com/shelby3

GitHub calculates that I committed 17+426+89+77+150+19+8+20+14+12 = 832 sloc.

The BLAKE2 cryptographic hash code written in C fully implements the RFC standard and self tests. Thus it is reasonably well verified to be bug-free already. Also it uses a novel more optimized buffering method than any other implementation I found.

Also you will see some tricks I invented recently such as better fully typed variadic (default arguments) for C.

I will be publishing more code soon.

Note the license is "The Unlicense" meaning you are welcome to use my code any way you want under no obligations (not even to attribute).

P.S. health update is I am able to work consistently and coping reasonably well (deep 8+ hours sleep daily) with the huge doses of anti-oxidant supplements (as documented upthread). I ran my 2.33 kms loop in 12:35 days ago and then 11:22 this night (7:48 per mile pace), which is not bad considering I am (approaching 50.5 age and) still chronically ill (just coping consistently enough, but still ill with the digestive tract and head symptoms lurking/threatening continuously).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: