May 11, 2024, 09:55:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:28:21 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 10:38:38 AM by TPTB_need_war

how do you get this much attention is beyond my grasp

I'll disappear again soon as I did from Jan 3 to Jan 10. There is either coding to do or time to quit crypto.

I am in burst here to speak my mind freely before I go quiet (or quit entirely). I am dumping all my insights at one time. I am in burst mode to determine if I have any design worth continuing. And at the same time, if I notice something in another thread where I think I have some very credible insight to offer, then I am doing so as a service to the community and also to document what my positions were/are (for posterity or what ever purpose it might serve).

Perhaps I am getting some attention because all of us are still hoping for a real solution to SUSTAINABLE, DECENTRALIZED, PERMISSIONLESS commerce. Which does not exist in anything yet, not even including Bitcoin. There is a lot of bullshit claiming otherwise and I am making the case that it is all bullshit. Feel free to try to refute me if you can.

If it appears in any way that I don't value human relationships, cordiality, civility, humility, etc.. then I apologize. I do value these things, but I also value being inspired about paradigmatic, technical revolutions which require frank truth, not bullshit. Many here will want to pursue projects and investments in the same way they have invested in other businesses, and because they do not comprehend without the End-to-End Principle then we would not have the internet, then they also appear to not comprehend that they are investing in nonsense. Only End-to-End Principled protocols will scale and be widely adopted. Period. If you don't understand why, then feel free to ask me to elaborate if you want to. If you disagree, then feel free to ignore me, criticize me, or refute me. Any way we are all free to speak our mind.

I guess you are saying I am being too loud and hogging the forum. I will go quiet soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 02:52:17 PM

how do you get this much attention is beyond my grasp

I'll disappear again soon as I did from Jan 3 to Jan 10. There is either coding to do or time to quit crypto.

I am in burst here to speak my mind freely before I go quiet (or quit entirely). I am dumping all my insights at one time. I am in burst mode to determine if I have any design worth continuing. And at the same time, if I notice something in another thread where I think I have some very credible insight to offer, then I am doing so as a service to the community and also to document what my positions were/are (for posterity or what ever purpose it might serve).

Perhaps I am getting some attention because all of us are still hoping for a real solution to SUSTAINABLE, DECENTRALIZED, PERMISSIONLESS commerce. Which does not exist in anything yet, not even including Bitcoin. There is a lot of bullshit claiming otherwise and I am making the case that it is all bullshit. Feel free to try to refute me if you can.

If it appears in any way that I don't value human relationships, cordiality, civility, humility, etc.. then I apologize. I do value these things, but I also value being inspired about paradigmatic, technical revolutions which require frank truth, not bullshit. Many here will want to pursue projects and investments in the same way they have invested in other businesses, and because they do not comprehend without the End-to-End Principle then we would not have the internet, then they also appear to not comprehend that they are investing in nonsense. Only End-to-End Principled protocols will scale and be widely adopted. Period. If you don't understand why, then feel free to ask me to elaborate if you want to. If you disagree, then feel free to ignore me, criticize me, or refute me. Any way we are all free to speak our mind.

I guess you are saying I am being too loud and hogging the forum. I will go quiet soon.

I'm enjoying your "Burst" mode, but I think it's a manic episode. either way do what you want he always has the option of the ignore button. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:20:44 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 05:41:03 PM by TPTB_need_war

I'm enjoying your "Burst" mode, but I think it's a manic episode.

It is a do or die episode. I am running out of rope on available resources. Even my gf is about ready to move on because I haven't been able to make progress on life's needs.

Essentially I am trying to determine what is my next move in life. If I quit crypto, then I have to make major life decision (because my financial resources are not sufficient to make any big change such as relocate back to the USA and I don't really have any good options). I prefer to continue, but I can't waste more resources that I don't have. I don't want to waste the resources of others either. I have some resources to continue crypto if I have the right design. But I need to be sure, because those resources will only last some more months.

My high energy level is not manic. It comes from the intense exercise I do and the way I eat. I am eating rice, coconut milk (not the water, but the creamy strained white meat), lightly steamed vegetables, fresh tuna caught locally, and occasional sirloin marinated in lime juice. Eat like that and work out like crazy, and the energy goes sky high. I have always my entire life had elevated dopamine levels and energy. The illness held me back, but I am fighting it head on now. No more fasting BS. Eat moderately and exercise like crazy. I am about to go for my second 2.3 kms run today. And taking my supplements 3 - 5 times per day:

Alpha-Lipoic Acid
Tumeric
Vitamin A
Lutein
Niacin as nicotinic acid (> 1000 mg per day) based on suggestion from forum user rangedriver
N-Acetyl Cysteine
Coenzymated B Complex (B Healthy brand)
Moringa (it is a dried leaf named Malunggay here in Philippines normally put in soups fresh but much more nutritious if dried and powder form)
Vitamin C
Mega Magnesium (three kinds)
Vitamin D3
EGCG Green Tea
Milk Thistle

I am in a relapse right now, but my energy level is very high. The main effect is back of skull  is numb and legs are numb/weak. But I was able to run strongly any way. We'll see if I crash into a total malaise tomorrow.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:22:45 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 01:14:12 AM by TPTB_need_war

One last farting shot so the ignoramuses here can ponder respecting those who are smarter than they are.

Decentralized Proof-of-Work Ordering

Some decentralized databases such as cryptocurrencies or smart contracts require consensus on the ordering of events.

Bitcoin provides consensus on ordering with a Bzyantine fault tolerance of up to 50% of the network proof-of-work hashrate, or as low as 33% due to the economic advantage of selfishly mining the block chain rewards. Bitcoin employs proof-of-work puzzles to identify whom is authorized to produce the next block of events and consensus is the longest chain of blocks which contains the greatest cumulative proof-of-work difficulty.

Consuming a resource such as proof-of-work to produce a chain of event blocks is necessary to disambiguate conflicting events in competing chains by choosing the longest chain. Otherwise there would be unresolvable conflict over which of the conflicting events is valid.

Given a longest chain rule consensus, block periods of events are required because otherwise for example in a DAG there is a divergent proliferation of unmergeable chains induced by conflicting events, e.g. cryptocurrency double-spends. One need only graph some complex scenarios to visualize this effect. In any other attempt to consume a resource to prove a consensus on ordering of events that does not use a longest chain rule, irreconcilable ambiguities will proliferate due to lack of a globally consistent rule for disambiguating double-spends. Globally in this context refers to the fact that nodes of a decentralized network will disagree about the order in which events arrived because propagation can not be made consistent.

This paper analyzes the flaws in Bitcoin's algorithm which:

* effectively make it centralized over time
* limit scalability and transaction rate
* cause an irresolvable tension over the ideal block data size
* induce a Tragedy of the Commons on the economics of funding mining
* deny instant confirmations
* allow less than 50% Byzantine fault tolerance (due to selfish mining)

I propose a new design to resolve all these issues that retains the core principle of a proof-of-work block chain.

vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:37:15 AM

TPTB, I make this suggestion as someone who respects your skill, experience and determination. You are an idealist, and I agree with your opinions on worldly affairs most of the time.

I do think your personal situation is making you appear rude and desperate to other developers now, and I doubt very much that a project you release would ever take-off now with your reputation for erratic behavior and confrontational style.

Why don't you change tack, put up a donation address, and try and gain the financial (and health) stability you need without all the stress involved with coding and launching a new alt coin project. I just don't see you as Captain Kirk leading your own coin from here, but Yoda yes, sitting in your cave helping other alt coin Jedi perfect theirs, and those other devs would no doubt compensate you. I fear you are about to go mad.

You make so many great contributions to the kind of crypto I want to support, but I think your personal problems with health & finances are stressing you out considerably, and that stress is causing behavior that's alienating the very people who need your help, and would help you in return.

You obviously have time pressures to get results due to your personal circumstances, but a guy like Fuserleer doesn't, and I think that's why you're clashing with him. He learnt his lessons in 2014 and is very patient and diligent now, and very humble since he was hacked for 600 btc too. In that regard he is similar to jl777 who now just works and rarely engages with forum threads.

You obviously see faults in Fuserleer's work, but your approach towards him is too antagonistic to develop a relationship that might benefit you both. He's a good guy I think, and would probably help you if he could, so why piss him off? I think the answer is you're stressed, and you're scared & angry, and not being your true self. All humans are prone to these emotions, no matter how intelligent they are, and you're surely a very intelligent man.

Please don't leave crypto, and consider working as a consultant to other alt coin devs who need your 'higher' self.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:06:42 AM

TPTB, I make this suggestion as someone who respects your skill, experience and determination. You are an idealist, and I agree with your opinions on worldly affairs most of the time.

I do think your personal situation is making you appear rude and desperate to other developers now, and I doubt very much that a project you release would ever take-off now with your reputation for erratic behavior and confrontational style.

Why don't you change tack, put up a donation address, and try and gain the financial (and health) stability you need without all the stress involved with coding and launching a new alt coin project. I just don't see you as Captain Kirk leading your own coin from here, but Yoda yes, sitting in your cave helping other alt coin Jedi perfect theirs, and those other devs would no doubt compensate you. I fear you are about to go mad.

You make so many great contributions to the kind of crypto I want to support, but I think your personal problems with health & finances are stressing you out considerably, and that stress is causing behavior that's alienating the very people who need your help, and would help you in return.

You obviously have time pressures to get results due to your personal circumstances, but a guy like Fuserleer doesn't, and I think that's why you're clashing with him. He learnt his lessons in 2014 and is very patient and diligent now, and very humble since he was hacked for 600 btc too. In that regard he is similar to jl777 who now just works and rarely engages with forum threads.

You obviously see faults in Fuserleer's work, but your approach towards him is too antagonistic to develop a relationship that might benefit you both. He's a good guy I think, and would probably help you if he could, so why piss him off? I think the answer is you're stressed, and you're scared & angry, and not being your true self. All humans are prone to these emotions, no matter how intelligent they are, and you're surely a very intelligent man.

Please don't leave crypto, and consider working as a consultant to other alt coin devs who need your 'higher' self.

You are spot on. I am very stressed about my personal situation and this does drive me to be very impatient because I need to get things done. On the positive, I am fighting very intensely now on my health (ran twice again yesterday and heading out to run again after typing this).

Do you realize I have been talking on this forum for 3 years. It never ends. It is like a broken record that goes on and on. I only asked Fuserleer to provide a holistic description of his algorithm (or provide none at all and let's wait for him to). After all, we apparently find out his algorithm is a block chain design (and he probably changed the design as we were making the discussion, I figured he might do that and one reason I wanted him to put the entire design out before starting to analyze it).

I do not know Fuserleer well, and I contemplate that he is a productive Java programmer. I wasn't making any prejudgements of him. But he is always commenting about my behavior. My behavior is irrelevant. He who produces and ships the Bitcoin killer wins. Period. I wanted to talk tech shop. Period.

I can't advise others because they won't listen. The only way to lead is by doing. For example, that developer won't realize he needs to not create his own altcoin, until someone provides him another option and he can see it growing faster in the market and he wants to ride that train.

So lead or quit. Those are my options.

Oh and as for others not wanting to support anything I create, my reply to that is thanks for the challenge. That just all the more motivates me to try to create a marketing train that they have to join or be left behind. Point is that my personality is irrelevant. Who ever is able to create the mass adoption movement wins. Period.

Thanks.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:37:29 PM

Another evidence that instant microtransactions are potentially a huge market:

The prosecution claimed that Dotcom used a large portion of its revenues to reward users, drawing more traffic to the platform by publishing copyright-infringing material. The site made $25 million from advertisers, while its main source of revenue were small payments from the millions of users, which totaled some $150 million.

Appears the global government is going to succeed in prosecuting Kim Dotcom.

We need decentralized block chains.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 10:16:22 PM

So perhaps looking less likely MegaNet will ever get off the ground, if they have their way.

There are many alternatives vying to offer that:

http://thehackernews.com/2015/02/meganet-decentralized-internet.html

The fundamental problem with all current attempts is economics. Once the user can pay a microtransaction to access data, then these decentralized storage mechanism will have funding and won't have to do some silly trading of bandwidth. Once you make something profitable, people will adopt it like crazy. It is not economically enticing to just run it for no profit as a sharing mechanism.

So again, my work on decentralized permissionless, instant microtransactions blockchain is critical for advancing to the next step on everything we need to fight the totalitarianism on the internet.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:33:59 PM

IoT is an entirely new concept for me, and I am just now reading the GadgetCoin white paper. I have not had time to study the W3C working group or any other resources on this topic. Note I did make a supportive comment early on in this thread, commending the attempt to create user level apps utilizing crypto-currency.

Some initial thoughts on IoT/WoT:

• Why have IoT private databases? Use encryption instead, which is more secure. Network intrusion is impossible to 100% prevent, even if you use a sneakernet, e.g. the Stuxnet attack.
  • Reputation/trust systems for consensus are not advisable because they are not anti-fragile (see Taleb's math). Thus they trend to centralization over time.
  • Low-power, resource constraints favor Winternitz signatures over ECDSA for authentication in terms of the CPU cost although the bandwidth cost rises exponentially compared to ECDSA as bit-security increases. For encryption, a Diffie-Hellman exchange will be required to establish a shared encryption key, but this will not be a real-time requirement.
  • Afaics, smart contracts incur the multiplicity of verification cost. The only solution I thought of is zk-snarks, but then the proving cost is very high, which isn't applicable to low, resource IoT/WoT. Seems contracts for IoT will need to be hard-coded efficient scripts, unless another technical solution can be devised.

vaporware asset wizard

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:11:15 PM

Oh and as for others not wanting to support anything I create, my reply to that is thanks for the challenge. That just all the more motivates me to try to create a marketing train that they have to join or be left behind. Point is that my personality is irrelevant. Who ever is able to create the mass adoption movement wins. Period.

Thanks.

Good for you then TPTB, and best of luck with the marketing train too! I agree personality is irrelevant when assessing a persons capacities and skills, but I'm not sure everyone else sees it that way (politics suggests style can 'trump' everything else). I am not expressing MY opinion on your coin's prospects here either (you'll have my support coz as I agree society is about to melt down into Mad Max territory very soon, and we NEED a fully decentralized coin that's impervious to attack for our very survival), but my belief is the wider crypto community prefers 'teams' of developers now, so I think you'll have much more success with 2-3 other high profile collaborators.  If you and smooth ever joined forces for example, I think you'd overcome the 'perception' problem that might dog your solo efforts. A Kirk:Spock thing might develop. Add rpietila as a Bones McCoy, and someone like CfB and/or jl777 as Mr Scott, and you'd have an A-list 'dream team' that most alt coin junkies would support en masse. The alt coin 'dream team' seems very unlikely,but if it ever happened it would change everything for the better.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:19:31 PM

I am talking with a team of developers right now. That is why I have been multitasking today.

vaporware asset wizard

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:26:50 PM

I am talking with a team of developers right now. That is why I have been multitasking today.

Great news!!!
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:43:17 PM

Great news!!!

It is not clear yet whether the synergies are matched. So not yet great news. But at least I am open to discussing.

As you all know I tried to work a deal with smooth, but my designs weren't well developed enough, I was still pursuing anonymity at that time (c.f. the Zero Knowledge Transactions thread for what I spent June and July doing) and my illness was making me like a zombie from August through September. And smooth is very highly paid software developer, so it was too risky to put together a deal to entice him away from Aeon and his other hobbies and work and besides he has an allegiance to Monero and I didn't feel comfortable messing with his direction (nor harming any investors in Aeon) unless I was sure I had something really great. So I shut down those discussions. Smooth is a very talented programmer.

It is difficult to put together a team and especially if you don't want to do a pump to the speculators. I heard that Iota has received $500K from this forum already. So most developers would be more inclined to go that direction for quick money. I can't bring myself to sell illegal unregistered investment securities (again not referring to Iota because David threatened me with a lawsuit in a PM if I did discuss that). I am a USA citizen and I can't get involved in anything like that. So that limits my options a bit. Iota has a very talented developer Come-from-Beyond who has the luxury of apparently being a citizen of Belarus and thus not subject to any concerns about legal repercussions that I have to weigh.

I wasted most of May trying to locate a developer to work with. Ended up wasting several BTC on all that too. I am very conservative now in my thinking. And being brutally frank on what is realistic. So we will need to see what happens now.

vaporware asset wizard

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:52:18 PM

Great news!!!

It is not clear yet whether the synergies are matched. So not yet great news. But at least I am open to discussing.

As you all know I tried to work a deal with smooth, but my designs weren't well developed enough, I was still pursuing anonymity at that time (c.f. the Zero Knowledge Transactions thread for what I spent June and July doing) and my illness was making me like a zombie from August through September. And smooth is very highly paid software developer, so it was too risky to put together a deal to entice him away from Aeon and his other hobbies and work and besides he has an allegiance to Monero and I didn't feel comfortable messing with his direction (nor harming any investors in Aeon) unless I was sure I had something really great. So I shut down those discussions. Smooth is a very talented programmer.

It is difficult to put together a team and especially if you don't want to do a pump to the speculators. I heard that Iota has received $500K from this forum already. So most developers would be more inclined to go that direction for quick money. I can't bring myself to sell illegal unregistered investment securities (again not referring to Iota because David threatened me with a lawsuit in a PM if I did discuss that). I am a USA citizen and I can't get involved in anything like that. So that limits my options a bit. Iota has a very talented developer Come-from-Beyond who has the luxury of apparently being a citizen of Belarus and thus not subject to any concerns about legal repercussions that I have to weigh.

I wasted most of May trying to locate a developer to work with. Ended up wasting several BTC on all that too. I am very conservative now in my thinking. And being brutally frank on what is realistic. So we will need to see what happens now.

It's really obvious to me (and most others I suspect) that you're a straight shooter who doesn't bullshit about your situation, and doesn't tolerate bullshit from others well. I respect your honesty and passion! That's why I really hope you succeed!
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:57:34 PM

It's really obvious to me (and most others I suspect) that you're a straight shooter who doesn't bullshit about your situation, and doesn't tolerate bullshit from others well. I respect your honesty and passion! That's why I really hope you succeed!

Thanks. Probably the ones who want to make a widely adopted coin will always fail. And only the pumpers will succeed. We will see. Thanks for the inspiration. I better get back to figuring out exactly how I can do. Signing off from the forum noise for a while.

vaporware asset wizard

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:01:14 PM

Thanks. Probably the ones who want to make a widely adopted coin will always fail. And only the pumpers will succeed. We will see. Thanks for the inspiration. I better get back to figuring out exactly how I can do. Signing off from the forum noise for a while.

Cool Smiley A break from this forum is good, but it's a necessary evil to be here sometimes too. As with most things , balance!
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:06:56 PM

I thought I would be able to release something quickly and jumpstart in December but when I dug into details while implementing I decided I needed to have the decentralized attributed fully designed otherwise I was not going to be able to scale it fast enough if it started to take off.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:42:54 PM

HELP...   I'm about to die laughing watching this vaporware-sockpuppet-MORON try to save face...   lol   Cry

I am not involved in the private war between you two. I have enough of my own wars  Tongue

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:39:49 AM

I heard that Iota has received $500K from this forum already. So most developers would be more inclined to go that direction for quick money.

I forgot that normally during ICOs the insiders buy from themselves pumping up the apparency of great demand of the ICO (of course I am not alleging this for Iota...ahem)

Note the following all are questions not statements.

But do we have any way to know how much they did actually raise? I think not?

And what is the user adoption level of Iota? How many users of the currency do they actually have? Is it like Dash, Bitshares, etc. that basically have no usership and just a few bagholders mining each other?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:00:24 AM

I forgot that normally during ICOs the insiders buy from themselves pumping up the apparency of great demand of the ICO (of course I am not alleging this for Iota...ahem)

You don't have to allege it, they acknowledged doing it, but stated that it was not a sham transaction because individuals were doing the buying and a business entity was receiving the proceeds.

But do we have any way to know how much they did actually raise? I think not?

No, other than by their statements, if they make any.

And what is the user adoption level of Iota? How many users of the currency do they actually have? Is it like Dash, Bitshares, etc. that basically have no usership and just a few bagholders mining each other?

Iota isn't even launched yet I think. I'm not positive.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: