May 10, 2024, 07:05:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Viᖚes (social currency unit)?
like - 27 (27.6%)
might work - 10 (10.2%)
dislike - 17 (17.3%)
prefer tech name, e.g. factom, ion, ethereum, iota, epsilon - 15 (15.3%)
prefer explicit currency name, e.g. net⚷eys, neㄘcash, ᨇcash, mycash, bitoken, netoken, cyberbit, bitcash - 2 (2%)
problematic - 2 (2%)
offending / repulsive - 4 (4.1%)
project objectives unrealistic or incorrect - 10 (10.2%)
biased against lead dev or project ethos - 11 (11.2%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin?  (Read 95218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:41:38 AM

False. Cash is rarely anonymous, but is most always fungible. And it is very rarely censored (because can't).

Well I hate the word anonymity because it doesn't mean a damn thing other than not having a name attached (and what is meant by "name" here?). Unclear to the point of useless. I prefer to say that the chain is obscured or opaque or private. But none of these words are entirely precise.

Cash doesn't have a transcript of previous transections printed on it. If it did, that would cause issues.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:44:13 AM

False. Cash is rarely anonymous, but is most always fungible. And it is very rarely censored (because can't).

Well I hate the word anonymity because it doesn't mean a damn thing other than not having a name attached (and what is meant by "name" here?). Unclear to the point of useless. I prefer to say that the chain is obscured or opaque or private. But none of these words are entirely precise.

Cash doesn't have a transcript of previous transections printed on it. If it did, that would cause issues.

Zerocash fully obscures the block chain. Cryptonote doesn't obscure meta-data correlation.

Why are we wasting my entire day on such a simple revelation?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:45:20 AM

Zerocash fully obscures the block chain. Cryptonote doesn't obscure meta-data correlation.

Why are we wasting my entire day on such a simple revelation?

Oh shit, you're right.

/thread
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:16:50 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 10:16:34 AM by TPTB_need_war

offtopic:

@anonymint:

remember I was ready to support your work financially a few months back? well, this is hereby revoked.

I don't remember. I don't remember who you are. I receive dozens of private messages. I can't imagine I would forget any serious offer to support me financially in my work on crypto. Every such offer I have pursued.

Quote the private messages here in public.

I'm neither smart nor competent enough to participate in this discussion but your antagonism and rudeness towards those who (at least try) to discuss these matters with you is offputting to say the least.

If you can't see who is antagonist in the Monero Speculation thread which preceded my angst here, then nothing I can say can help you be objective.

Now that you're instrumentalizing the shit thread opened by a shit person from a shitcoin community (notice how none of them ever has the guts to engage in a discussion with you?) to wage your little ego war I understand that I was wrong in thinking you could be a level headed and productive contributor.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You sound like another Monero supporter who has gone off the rails of objectivity.

I am contributing right now. If you find facts to be negative, then I think you don't understand the definition of the word productive.

Farewell and good luck.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. "Good luck"? After you write that ad hominem attack then am I supposed to believe "good luck" is sincere.

What do you expect me to say? You expect me to beg you to understand how I have been treated like shit and thus I am being forceful with facts because smooth is wasting my time PURPOSELY trying to deny the facts (and doing a lot of salesmanship obfuscation PURPOSELY). Do you really think that technology and marketing works like if we are all just cordial when people play nonsense games then everything will just work out dandy because we fuck platitudes for lunch. I tried being cordial in the Monero Speculation thread and I was treated like shit. If you can't see that, then there is nothing I can write to satiate you.

"Ego is for little people. I wish I could finish by saying something anodyne about how we’re all little when you come down to it, but I’d be fibbing. Yeah, we’re all little compared to a supernova, but that’s beside the point. And yeah, the most capable people in the world are routinely humbled by what they don’t know and can’t do, but that is beside the point too. If you look at how humans relate to other humans – and in particular, how they manage self-image and “ego” and evaluate their status with respect to others…it really is different near the top end of the human capability range. Better. Calmer. Sorry, but it’ s true."

EDIT: referring to the Monero Marketing Team and tactics thread I refuse to bump in case that wasn't obvious

I was threatened and received unfair and spiteful censorship in the two official Monero threads, so I was forced to copy my posts to a thread where the Monero gulag doesn't have the ability to delete my posts.

Seems that troll thread is factually correct on some of the controlling and manipulative tactics employed by the Monero community. I haven't read the entire thread, so I can't say if I agree with everything written there.

If that is your objectivity, I don't see what I could gain from your contribution to my work. Sounds like you would just bog my work down with needless political nonsense. I will never be a bitch to some community political morass. I will stay focused on getting the technology and marketing correct, if I continue in crypto. I have no idea what you all are doing in Monero. Seems like you all excel and put inordinate effort into patting yourselves on the back and boasting about how great you are and how you have the best devs and it is inevitable that you will win the long-term race because you have the best community and all that pumped up ego shit delusion.

And you were so cordial in your very first post on these forums:

Long time reader first time poster...

I urge vertcoin miners to distribute more evenly on the available pools...until a few minutes ago Bitcrush.info was well above 60% of the total hashrate!

While I'm at it: A hearty FUCK YOU to all the pool DDOSers out there! I know it's Realpolitik in the cryptoworld but good grief...

As compared to my very first post roughly a year before yours:

I think the exchange rates will continue to be highly volatile. Along with that there may be some ebb and flow in folks interested in mining, especially as new hardware comes into production...

You mentioned a mining factor, so I don't know if this was reply to my claim that Bitcoin has a fatal flaw w.r.t. to new ASIC mining hardware, which can cause Bitcoin to stop functioning soon:

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/799/can-i-download-the-whole-block-chain-from-somewhere/8661#8661

Apparently you do not understand my point. The point is that ASICs will be adopted, because you can earn more money on mining with them. So they will make all other hardware for mining obsolete. That is unarguable.

And my point is that this will then make it impossible to use the Bitcoin clients, because everytime you come back online after being offline for a significant time, then it can cause a delay of something on the order of 10 hours x 100 = 40 days before you can use the client.

This is a serious serious flaw in Bitcoin unless I have missed a technical detail.

If I am correct, then I am not sure what form of counter-measures the developers could make. It is a fundamental problem inherent in the choice of using processor-intensive computational power for the Proof-of-Work.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:29:36 AM

Another point is layering Tor/I2P is another requirement on the use of the block chain which Zerocash doesn't force on the user.

The more layers you bind together in future's contracts, the less degrees-of-freedom the block chain has.

There are so many basic concepts that you all should have contemplated within the nearly 2 years since Monero was released.

iamnicholas

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 09:09:56 AM

Hi Anonymint,
When you have time, please reply to my previous pm's.
I understand you are busy. I understand you probably receive many.
I understand I am a noob, but a genuine and sincere one.
I appreciate all of your posts. Thank you.
Nicholas
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 07:12:56 PM

The idea of a transparent ledger...only exists because it was the first "decentralized" way discovered to solve the double spend problem.

No it doesn't.

The reason is correctly expressed here.

(...and it doesn't matter if the 'opacity' comes from a brick wall or a cryptographic wall. The inevitability of fraud is the same).

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:00:09 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 10:17:19 PM by TPTB_need_war

I invest in people and the kind of people they attract and convince to embark on a common journey. That's why I like Monero and don't like Dash, to name one example.

Shrikez if ever you invest in something I was involved in or created, it won't be because you admired how I was able to bring a community of speculators together with some developers and manage the group-think circle-jerk.

Rather you will invest because the train is leaving the station and you don't want to be left behind.

Whether that will happen is unknown (or you are free to calculate your own probabilities), but for sure if it happens there won't be any need to argue about whether it will happen. You see I believe only action counts. And as of yet, I don't see any action in altcoins (other than maybe Dogecoin). All I see is people mining each other in a circle-jerk delusion without any viable plan whatsoever on how to achieve actual adoption.

Do not assume I am standing still. I am constantly thinking about clever ways to shock you.

I have no project for the readers to invest in, so the topic of the thread is nonsense.

If this is a forward looking question, assuming that I might produce a project, then I will not involve myself in discussions of the probabilities surrounding vaporware.

My intuition is that the purpose of this thread is to try to collect and manipulate public opinion, and this is apparently already well documented tactic of the Monero (and now apparently by association the Aeon) clan.

I would much prefer to discuss technological and marketing solutions for our goals in crypto currency. Thus I don't think I will be participating in this thread. Time waster.

I would much prefer to discuss technological and marketing solutions for our goals in crypto currency. Thus I don't think I will be participating in this thread. Time waster.

My guess is that AmericanPegasus started this thread as an attempt at comedy and not for any other nefarious purpose.  I won't spend more time in this thread either but I do not assume ill intent. There are many people in the Monero and Aeon communities who value the contributions of TPTB.

Okay my bad. Humor is most welcome at this juncture (and even if but not iff I am the butt of the joke).

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:09:05 PM

I had to write this for my private communications, so I will share also publicly.

Quote from: myself
* my health seems to be coming closer to normal/cured. So far only limited doses of curcumin & high doses of moringa (and some freshly cooked bitter melon), but by Saturday I will be taking high doses of curcumin, moringa, bitter melon, and mangosteen in dried powder form (mixed with coconut milk/oil/black pepper for max absorption). I am not yet totally normal but you can see from my marathon posting sessions on BCT that my stamina is much closer to normal. I am thus more and more convinced that my pancreas or gall bladder was the ongoing problem (other than any chronic infections I had originally which have by now been eliminated). Since starting the high dose moringa, my abdomen is extremely hot to the touch. Feels like my abdomen has a fever, but no other part of my body. Also I am noticing sometimes a complete reduction in yellowish/brown color (most noticeable to me around the abdomen) which was indicating to me bile obstruction. Also my eating has returned to normal and I can eat anything (without adverse reactions that I was getting in prior months). Still keeping my diet well balanced, and no chicken (I've read cooked chicken contains poisons for the pancreas).

[...]

If I am healthy (which seems to be maybe the case), then finally I will be in a competitive stance and able to perform at my full capabilities. I feel as though that is coming on. I often feel great just like my old self.

Note my feces is still alternating between pale brown and dark brown, so the bile obstruction appears to be inconsistent.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 10:57:06 PM

Shrikez if ever you invest in something I was involved in or created, it won't be because you admired how I was able to bring a community of speculators together with some developers and manage the group-think circle-jerk.

Rather you will invest because the train is leaving the station and you don't want to be left behind.

Whether that will happen is unknown (or you are free to calculate your own probabilities), but for sure if it happens there won't be any need to argue about whether it will happen. You see I believe only action counts. And as of yet, I don't see any action in altcoins (other than maybe Dogecoin). All I see is people mining each other in a circle-jerk delusion without any viable plan whatsoever on how to achieve actual adoption.

Do not assume I am standing still. I am constantly thinking about clever ways to shock you.

That made me LOL.  Thanks 'mint.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 12:19:38 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 03:17:27 AM by TPTB_need_war

So can we conclude that Monero's underlying cryptonote technology will not be the best privacy technology forever?

Can we conclude that Monero is one of the few fully functioning private cryptocurrency networks currently?

Can we conclude that off chain data (ip addresses) are something that needs to be addressed for all private cryptocurrency networks?

Can we conclude that a possible technical improvement to Monero would be some kind of zero-proof knowledge thing?

TPTB, I commend your enthusiasm, but one of the problems I think in this conversation is a lack of brevity. No one has time to read ALL of this, so things are missed, and you get frustrated. If you want to have useful discussions, it's probably better to not have paragraphs of text, regardless of how much needs to be said. Writing 1 paragraph is much more difficult than writing 10 pages.

Off the top of my head to return the favor for you not deleting posts and I may be missing a few points:

• zk-snarks can be used to make any script anonymous, not just currency as for CN/RingCT. Businesses will need this.
  • Anonymity of Zerocash (ZC) is never compromised by compromising the masterkey, only the coin supply is.
  • ZC makes the entire block chain a blob uncorrelated to meta-data, whereas CN/RingCT have distinct UTXO which can be so correlated.
  • ZC doesn't require Tor/I2P thus has more degrees-of-freedom and is End-to-End principled, whereas CN/RingCT are not.
  • Both ZC and CN/RingCT can lose anonymity or have undetectable increase in coin supply if the crypto is cracked.
  • CN/RingCT has the lowest common denominator anonymity which is usually I2P, i.e. maybe 99% vs 99.999% for ZC.
  • Businesses will favor the more provable, more End-to-End freedom choice of ZC.
  • I think the chance of jail time when using CN/RingCT for any action that the State doesn't want you to do, is very high. The anonymity is not robust, as I summarized above.
  • I can't think of any user adoption markets of any significant size of CN/RingCT, other than selling it to speculators. In other words, I view CN/RingCT as just another pump job albeit with some strong developers (who hopefully will get better leadership).
  • I am saying that CN/RingCT is not a viable technology. So arguing that it is the best we have for now, IMO doesn't make much sense, unless that is just a sales pitch to speculators (again keeping in mind the Securities Law and the Howey test in the USA and the implications of leading speculators into an investment with misleading prospectus and not registered with the SEC).

Edit: some of those points have finer points of contention. So review the long discussion for that.

For example, in the cases where one needs to use Tor/I2P with ZC, those transactions are often impossible to make anonymous by any means because they involve for example buying a product from a retailer who compiles with government regulations (KYC, etc).

What is missing from your analysis smooth is that at what level of featureness are businesses willing to embrace block chains. I argue CN/RingCT is below the acceptable level and can not be raised to that level because the fundamentals are not End-to-End principled (also because can only make the payers, payees, and values obscured and not any type of script and other aspects of the block chain data). Business will prefer private databases where they can hide all the data until public block chains mature enough to do so. Public block chains promise more interoption and network effects, once we can make them truly private.

I try to light a fire under you guys to get you refocused on technology that can meet your goal of being a privacy block chain for businesses. That is where the real market is.

What is missing from your analysis smooth is that at what level of featureness are businesses willing to embrace block chains. I argue CN/RingCT is below the acceptable level and can not be raised to that level because the fundamentals are not End-to-End principled (also because can only make the payers, payees, and values obscured and not any type of script and other aspects of the block chain data). Business will prefer private databases where they can hide all the data until public block chains mature enough to do so. Public block chains promise more interoption and network effects, once we can make them truly private.

There is no feasible technology to do non-trivial scripts using zksnarks at this time. It doesn't exist. Zerocash is pushing the limits already.

While there may be a market for zero knowledge smart contracts on a blockchain, that doesn't even matter because it can't be implemented.

Perhaps if you think that is the only market that exists you should just take a break and come back to the space in a few years and reevaluate.

You are cherry picking points. zk-snarks scripts wasn't my only nor even my main justification.

Afaik, zk-snarks can implement any circuit if one accepts the proving time and verification time (there might also be some other resource constraint such as RAM but I think not), with proving time being much worse than verification time. And one would expect that it can be radically sped up with ASICs to enable more complex circuits to be verified in realistic time!

The point is there are very likely some simple scripts that can surely be done with zk-snarks in realistic times, and which are very useful for businesses interopting on the block chain. IoT is one likely candidate and probably many more.

"build it and they will come after 5 years" is a nice pitch to speculators, but in my line of work I had to produce a marketed product to earn an income. You worked in (programming for) finance (something you acknowledged recently in public post) thus  I assume you never had to do this. So I understand that in for-profit software the mantra is "ship it, sell it", otherwise projects go on and on and on and are never finished.

You say that zk-snarks can't do any worthwhile scripts, yet an entirely anonymous coin has been implemented it that is superior anonymity than CN/RingCT.

Your stubbornness is the main reason I can't work with you. Leadership requires symbiosis of ideas and directions. It requires vision.

Smooth it is quite evident that open source needs leadership. Direction is not likely to be driven by random contributor (if he was that capable, he would fork or otherwise start his own than battle against the leadership which is not that focused on the direction the contributor wants to go).

Edit: you apparently haven't even yet quantified the metrics, which is pretty lame for a competitor not to do.

Edit#2: perhaps if you all spent less time talking about market movements on the exchanges, and more time doing technical research and marketing research...

"build it and they will come after 5 years" is a nice pitch to speculators, but in my line of work I had to produce a marketed product to earn an income. You worked in (programming for) finance (something you acknowledged recently in public post) thus  I assume you never had to do this. So I understand that in for-profit software the mantra is "ship it, sell it", otherwise projects go on and on and on and are never finished.

Again consistent with take a break and come back when the technology is ready for a "build it, ship it, sell it" approach.

Also this is entirely irrelevant to Monero since Monero is an open source project not a product. So off topic for the thread. Please respect the thread starter, the forum, and the community and try to stay on topic.

Open source that goes on and on and doesn't full a market thus dies. Right now you are fighting to keep the speculators fooled as that is the only market.

Why the desire to censor? Hiding something? It is not off topic. Technological and marketing analysis go hand-in-hand.

Smooth is demanding that I post my marketing thoughts in a separate thread from my technical thoughts, breaking the conversation continuity up across multi-threads. It was not my desire to post again in this Monero Speculation thread, but it is only official Monero thread I am aware where I can post marketing thoughts that impact speculation decisions on Monero. Where on BCT is the official Monero thread for having open discussions?

"build it and they will come after 5 years" is a nice pitch to speculators, but in my line of work I had to produce a marketed product to earn an income. You worked in (programming for) finance (something you acknowledged recently in public post) thus  I assume you never had to do this. So I understand that in for-profit software the mantra is "ship it, sell it", otherwise projects go on and on and on and are never finished.

Again consistent with take a break and come back when the technology is ready for a "build it, ship it, sell it" approach.

Also this is entirely irrelevant to Monero since Monero is an open source project not a product. So off topic for the thread. Please respect the thread starter, the forum, and the community and try to stay on topic.

Open source that goes on and on and doesn't full a market thus dies. Right now you are fighting to keep the speculators fooled as that is the only market.

Why the desire to censor? Hiding something? It is not off topic. Technological and marketing analysis go hand-in-hand.

There was nothing on-topic ("Improvement Technical Discussion") in your last post, thus no need for any further response. Please stay on topic.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:35:34 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 03:49:30 AM by CoinHoarder

Come on. Corporations is where the meat & potatos is for privacy block chains likely will be.

You guys spent hours debating me on Monday that corporations have no use for blockchains...  Roll Eyes

@TPTB At least we can agree on something... that Zerocash provides superior anonymity. I have been saying this for a long time, and is the reason I never got on the Monero train. I have always said that eventually better anonymity technology would come out and render Monero outdated and useless since it is its one and only feature. I recently bought some Monero because their marketing is on point on this forum (aka spam...), but I am going to be betting big on Zcoin when it is out of alpha.

I know you're going to respond with the "Zcoin is fundamentally flawed" b.s. you say about every cryptocurrency, and follow it up with "I am 100x smarter than you peasant. I have been doing this since 1842, and you are a child, scammer and a fool." However, I am just going to ignore it because you don't understand how cryptocurrencies derive their value, and you can't be convinced that you are wrong about anything. (hint: it does not 100% have to do with the technology of the cryptocurrency... although technology is a plus)
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 03:54:21 AM

I can post the IRC log but it's long and rather pointless.

I personally would prefer to read the transcript than your one-sided summary of what transpired. Plz don't be offended. If you can't produce it, then it didn't happen.

I edited my last comment.. i re-offer my deal with you guys Wink

And i will see if i can dig up that IRC log and put it on paste bin or something maybe.
I didn't think anyone would want to read a looong argument between me and smooth  Cheesy

EDIT:

The previously mentioned chat log with smooth from IRC 2 days ago..

http://pastebin.com/V5EUay2u

The comments from that transcript that stuck out for me are:

[02:21] <smooth> you know who else fucking donated to help support development?Huh
00[02:21] <Spoetnik> ifi wanted to bury your crew i would eh
[02:21] <smooth> me, you idiot
[02:21] <smooth> and most of the other developers
00[02:22] <Spoetnik> all i would have to do is compare you comments from round 1 to round 2
[02:22] <smooth> out of our own fucking pockets

I believe the Monero/Aeon folks put a lot of their effort, time, and money into Monero. I sincerely feel empathy for them when reading that. I know from my own failures, how painful it is to have to admit that such enthusiasm didn't work out as planned. Being able to take the axe to the desks as I once did, walk away and start fresh is much more efficient than hanging on to the umbilical cord until the placenta has dried and shrivelled into shoe leather.

It is difficult for me to only feel empathy, because their entire overriding philosophy of dominating a sector by stealingadopting Bytecoin's source code and then bashing in anyone's head who tried to argue that the model of socialism they were adopting for a business model was deeply flawed.

I have now come to the conclusion that these are guys who are smart in coding, and had some experience at running businesses or being contractors related to computer programming but when they hatched this braindead idea of Monero they were trying some idealistic fantasy and out-of-their-competency/experience level. Perhaps some of these guys have contributed to the Linux kernel or otherwise felt they understood open source development and could apply it here. One of the key differences from Linux is that crypto currency serves primarily speculators unless one invents a design to serve actual adoption markets. Linux was competing over the long-term with proprietary OSes and so many businesses had a compelling interest to fund and join in its development.

I have tried to explain to Monero that until they get an adoption market targeted to businesses (given they have no chance in hell of marketing directly to the masses, because their historical experience makes them unqualified), then they will not be able to apply the Linux business model and instead will be in this circle-jerk business model of greater fool, zero-sum speculation community morass that causes them to feel they need to ill-treat other developers and marketers such as myself. The brow beating and censorship on forums will never inspire great innovators to join them.

All-in-all I want to emphasize I don't dislike smooth. He helped me and has been enormously empathetic to my illness. I don't wish any ill will or outcome for him. I just have concluded that he and I have different areas of expertise and experience and so much so that it makes us incompatible when evaluating the best vision for running a crypto project.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:05:47 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 04:37:31 AM by TPTB_need_war

Smooth is demanding that I post my marketing thoughts in a separate thread from my technical thoughts, breaking the conversation continuity up across multi-threads. It was not my desire to post again in this Monero Speculation thread, but it is only official Monero thread I am aware where I can post marketing thoughts that impact speculation decisions on Monero. Where on BCT is the official Monero thread for having open discussions?

You can create your own thread(s) with whatever topic(s) you want.

When a thread starter creates a thread with a specific topic, off topic posts are not allowed, and on a self-moderated thread the thread starter can set any rules for participation (I guess as long as the rules don't conflict with forum rules). That is a forum rule, not my rule.

Posts about marketing that directly relate to speculation (are causing price to drop/increase, will cause price to drop/increase, etc.) are on-topic here, as long as it isn't repetitive. Repeating points already discussed recently is not allowed.

May I please ask where is the official Monero thread on BCT where I can post my marketing thoughts freely and be on topic?

Is there no official thread for Monero for discussing marketing  Huh Shocked

,,, Where on BCT is the official Monero thread for having open discussions?...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.0

That is Announcement thread which is bumped like crazy with noise.

Is there no serious discussion thread for open Monero discussion especially pertaining to marketing?

May I please ask where is the official Monero thread on BCT where I can post my marketing thoughts freely and be on topic?

Is there no official thread for Monero for discussing marketing  Huh Shocked

Probably not. It is an open source project, not a product.

If you want to market a product, you should probably team up with people who are offering Monero-based products such as MyMonero, CryptoKingdom, etc. (or create your own such product and market it, of course).

There was a Monero Economy Workgroup (run by Risto) which was to promote and coordinate such product activities but it seems there was little sustained interest from him or others and it is being disbanded.

As you probably know, I think that is an entirely clueless response, but the explanation for the dissonance between us is at the following linked post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg13636077#msg13636077

Marketing always applies, even applied to Linux. If you don't comprehend your business model, then you are going to remain adrift at sea. I hope you seriously think about the fact that you really want to copy Linus and thus you better start focusing on how businesses are going to take interest and fund your open source. I am telling you that sincerely, in spite of any very minor damage any of my posts might do to speculator interest in Monero. Please try to take it constructively.

But you do what ever you want of course.

I will inhibit myself from posting in this thread again (ditto other official Monero threads), if you will kindly not delete this post. No worries it will soon get buried any way in this 622 page thread.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:51:29 AM

How come you are cross posting from all these different threads into your blog right here?

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:07:08 AM

Come on. Corporations is where the meat & potatos is for privacy block chains likely will be.

You guys spent hours debating me on Monday that corporations have no use for blockchains...  Roll Eyes

In our prior discussion about Bitshares, I explicitly excluded smart contracts and IoT. I had agreed with smooth that Daniel Larimer's DACs (Decentralized Autononomous Corporations) seem to have no application to reality, because a corporation by definition is a hierarchical structure. If corporations are not hierarchical (and not with a representative voting structure), then we don't need corporations and we can just have decentralized individuals interacting via smart contracts on a block chain. Please review the posts I made in that Nxt thread to confirm what I said.

@TPTB At least we can agree on something... that Zerocash provides superior anonymity. I have been saying this for a long time, and is the reason I never got on the Monero train. I have always said that eventually better anonymity technology would come out and render Monero outdated and useless since it is its one and only feature.

And I even recently explained Monero's block chain tech does not solve the mining Tragedy of the Commons.

I recently bought some Monero because their marketing is on point on this forum (aka spam...), but I am going to be betting big on Zcoin when it is out of alpha.

I know you're going to respond with the "Zcoin is fundamentally flawed"

It is Z.cash, not Zcoin. Zerocoin was an older version of the technology which is inferior.

My major complaint is that Z.cash will be requiring miners to pay 11% of the coinbase mining rewards to the corporation. That violates FinCEN guidance that would require all miners to register as MSBs and it will incentivize others to fork the block chain to remove the subsidy.

And they do not have my block chain tech so scaling will be an issue, but either they can copy mine (or similar) or vice versa. And my interest in their technology is not for their block chain tech.

Other than that, I am interested in the project.

Note I reserve the right to find other flaws in Zerocash in the future.

b.s. you say about every cryptocurrency, and follow it up with "I am 100x smarter than you peasant.

Please read how a B-lister behaves and realize comments such as the above fit the description. Elevate your discourse to A-lister if you can.

I have been doing this since 1842, and you are a child, scammer and a fool."

Not understanding some of key weaknesses of PoS and the hyperbole Bitshares promulgates exemplifies that I was correct about your inexperience. It doesn't mean you can't learn and that you won't sometimes have good insight. I can see some intellect and potential from you, but you need to learn to stop that B-lister crap and distinguish expertise from bullshit.

However, I am just going to ignore it because you don't understand how cryptocurrencies derive their value, and you can't be convinced that you are wrong about anything. (hint: it does not 100% have to do with the technology of the cryptocurrency... although technology is a plus)

There you go again. And the adoption of Bitshares is 2 or 3 users? I forgot.

TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:12:41 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2016, 07:59:10 PM by TPTB_need_war

How come you are cross posting from all these different threads into your blog right here?

Because your master smooth has been regularly censoring my posts in your Monero Speculation thread. And he tried to convince GingerAle to censor some of my posts in the Monero Technical Improvement thread. So to be safe (since it is difficult to copy them from PMs after they are deleted), I copy them to my thread to exemplify how ridiculous it is that you all are censoring crap and forcing me to put Monero discussion in my thread instead of the official Monero threads.

The Monero Devs are developing the tech first, market second and are using the motto of "under promise and over deliver," whereas it seems you are working under the motto of "Over promise, say it's impossible and then move onto the next idea," which is still better than the dash motto, "Over promise and say you've got a better idea when most people figure out that you lied or can't deliver."

My point is if they have no clue where they are headed marketing wise, then the  tech is likely to be wrong. And I think that has become the case. I see a complete rewrite will be necessary to adopt Zerocash technology and to fix the block scaling, mining Tragedy of the Commons.

My point is if they have no clue where they are headed marketing wise.

Coming from the person who brought us knife fork and plate coin.

Thanks for proving me correct.

Graphic arts is not marketing. Try rereading my post to understand that I pointed out Linux's marketing was the identification of a synergy with a natural need of corporations to replace proprietary operating systems. Monero's current technology does not synergize with corporations and private block chains for corporations is the only viable (legal) market I see for anonymity. Thus Monero has failed to do the most basic marketing analysis that one does before starting a project. Those who confuse marketing with promotion exemplify their total lack of knowledge of the field of marketing.

As you well know I explained in the Aeon thread that I was brainstorming and produced that image in 30 seconds as a way to exemplify what didn't work visually and why.

Monero/Aeon community only know how to attack and never to listen, learn, and be receptive to all open source input. That is why your coin projects will crash and burn.

Cryptodromeda's point may be that you miss the obvious sometimes. And design work is part of marketing.

Everyone misses the obvious sometimes (and especially when rushing and not trying to be exacting), and my point is Monero folks think they know everything and don't need to listen to anyone. And they censor what they don't want to hear. And they never identified their strategic market.

Design work is one (small) aspect of implementing a marketing strategy. Marketing is about identifying markets and the necessary implementation to achieve those markets. So graphic design is very far down the food chain of marketing (except perhaps in an arena where graphical arts is the major component of the market, e.g. selling art).

I've also noticed that Monero has been inserting itself in numerous Wikipedia pages. Here is an example:

Other platforms which refute Zooko's conjecture, include: Twister and Monero OpenAlias.

Monero seems to have not understood that willynilly promotion is useless[counterproductive and perceived as spam] without a marketing strategy.

FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:34:58 AM

If you're willing to target recent x86 exclusively, then you can increase resistance by employing the AES-NI instruction.

That is not one but rather a group of instructions. Perhaps you just typoed the missing 's'. One of those instructions was of particular focus of mine.

I wasn't sure if it was one or multiple, but was too lazy to figure out which:-(
Thanks for correcting...

Hmmmm . . . just reading that iPhones have had AES hardware since the iPhone 5S . . . although I'm reading that the AES chip sits between the flash and the main CPU - perhaps meaning it can only be used to encrypt/deprypt data going to/from the flash. If not, perhaps iPhones could be used for efficient mining . . memorycoin, cryptonight, maybe HODLCoin soon enough Smiley

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:05:44 AM

If you're willing to target recent x86 exclusively, then you can increase resistance by employing the AES-NI instruction.

That is not one but rather a group of instructions. Perhaps you just typoed the missing 's'. One of those instructions was of particular focus of mine.

I wasn't sure if it was one or multiple, but was too lazy to figure out which:-(
Thanks for correcting...

Hmmmm . . . just reading that iPhones have had AES hardware since the iPhone 5S . . . although I'm reading that the AES chip sits between the flash and the main CPU - perhaps meaning it can only be used to encrypt/deprypt data going to/from the flash. If not, perhaps iPhones could be used for efficient mining . . memorycoin, cryptonight, maybe HODLCoin soon enough Smiley

Understand that I am working on a new concept for unprofitable PoW mining, in which it is not critical that that the PoW hashrate for phones be at par with anything; they will still add to the total systemic hashrate which makes my design more secure.

Note that it would be problematic if phones are 100X slower or less efficient on the PoW than desktops.

f2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 09:24:17 AM

Hey man, still reading...just not posting as its way above my paygrade Cheesy I saw your quick/draft logo, did you decide on a name for your project? (I might of missed you talking about it).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: