Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would/Do you spend your current bitcoins in stores (or online)?
Yes - 215 (54%)
No - 183 (46%)
Total Voters: 398

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you actively spend your bitcoins?  (Read 257560 times)
MbitSport (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:46:14 PM

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

I wonder if there will ever be any retailers that only accept bitcoin.

A little different the title with the end of your main post. Normally the end of post finalize the title but your's ask another thing. I will try to answer to both questions.

As for the first one (the title) my answer is no, I never use my bitcoin except when I think that their use can bring me other bitcoins. Only in those cases I use bitcoin. Not in any other way or case. Why? Because I think that bitcoin is to valuable to buy the everyday things or even every other kind of things that normally can be bought with my local currency.

Now the final sentence of your posts. According to me you think wrong. Why a merchant must accept only bitcoin in him's store when can use and accept all the kind of money that bring him revenue? I agree that bitcoin must be absolutely between those but why the only? For me and you (who like bitcoin and want to see the use of it everything) this can be good because maybe this can force the people to buy bitcoin if want to buy something that can be found only at him's store. But a merchant don't use this kind of logic in him's activity because if yes, probably will bankrupt. He want profit and use every possible way to have this. And every possible way is not to accept only bitcoin.

Then another thing. I think that people must want bitcoin because they will like it and not because they will be forced to use it (like in the above case if the merchant which must accept only bitcoin). The force of them to buy bitcoin in order to have something they want from the above merchant may have the opposite of we want. The hate of it. It is one thing to have bitcoin or to approach to bitcoin naturally and another thing to force the people to go to it. The second way is risky and I think that can be even wrong.

The last question at the end of my post was kind of just a thought, like a rhetorical question that came into mind as i was finalizing my original post, that's actually why i didn't add a question mark.

I agree the market is quite volatile for spending, but i also think that if bitcoin is to be adopted as a mainstream currency, its needs to be spent, and needs to be circulated, I think people need to see that people are actually out there using bitcoin as a currency that works, i don't know, i could be wrong in saying that, im not saying this is fact, but this is my opinion, however im not saying we must spend the majority of our coins, but for example i spent 0.07146 Bitcoin (£15 at the time, now £16 current value) to top up my mobile phone, now i dont consider this a crazy large amount of bitcoins to spend especially if i was going to spend the £15 on credit with my Fiat Anyways, so why not use my bitcoins? And better yet, as it was only £15, i will put £15 worth of bitcoins back into my wallet to make up for it lol

Also if im going to order food online, and im about to spend lets say £20 fiat to do so, why not buy £20 worth of bitcoins and use those to order my food? that way i dont have any less BTC than i had in the start, and i have my food AND i feel like i supported the cause.

Now the second sentence of your post lol I wasn't saying merchants SHOULD only accept BTC merely speculating on the thought, what ifs.
I do understand that if any merchant (especially so early on in BTC's Life span) were to Only accept bitcoins, it could potentially leave a bad taste in some peoples mouths if they feel as if they're being forced to change their currency to bitcoin just to make a purchase, however i do think one day there is every possibility that there will be some place out there in the world, whether it be online or in a shop, that will accept bitcoin only payments for whatever reason.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sakira

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:51:58 PM

I diligently every week to spend some of my bitcoin, for shopping and playing with friends Cheesy.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:57:49 PM

I'm not so active in spending my bitcoins as I intend to have it as a saving for a long term. I was impressed to see how the ratio equals out with those who actively spend the Bitcoins and those who don't in the votes.  Cheesy

A couple of reasons prevent me from spending much, two important ones could be because I own quite less of it and I'm going hands on with the experiment to try it out and I fear the volatile nature of it might seems to me like I'd be ending up paying more in terms of fiat value if I had to purchase anything.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:59:38 PM

Half of my coins are on my savings and half of them is for daily expenses so yes, I spent my coins daily. If not then I don't have anything to spend at all. I onky use bitcoins as of now as a source of income besides USD. Cheesy
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:12:54 PM

for the few places that do accept bitcoin, do you currently spend the coins you hold at any of them?

I know places like www.takeaway.com accept bitcoin and i even heard CEX.co.uk accept bitcoin in stores now too, but does anyone spend the bitcoins they have or do most just onto hold them? (Or gamble them lol)

A little different the title with the end of your main post. Normally the end of post finalize the title but your's ask another thing. I will try to answer to both questions.

As for the first one (the title) my answer is no, I never use my bitcoin except when I think that their use can bring me other bitcoins. Only in those cases I use bitcoin. Not in any other way or case. Why? Because I think that bitcoin is to valuable to buy the everyday things or even every other kind of things that normally can be bought with my local currency.

Now the final sentence of your posts. According to me you think wrong. Why a merchant must accept only bitcoin in him's store when can use and accept all the kind of money that bring him revenue? I agree that bitcoin must be absolutely between those but why the only? For me and you (who like bitcoin and want to see the use of it everything) this can be good because maybe this can force the people to buy bitcoin if want to buy something that can be found only at him's store. But a merchant don't use this kind of logic in him's activity because if yes, probably will bankrupt. He want profit and use every possible way to have this. And every possible way is not to accept only bitcoin.

Then another thing. I think that people must want bitcoin because they will like it and not because they will be forced to use it (like in the above case if the merchant which must accept only bitcoin). The force of them to buy bitcoin in order to have something they want from the above merchant may have the opposite of we want. The hate of it. It is one thing to have bitcoin or to approach to bitcoin naturally and another thing to force the people to go to it. The second way is risky and I think that can be even wrong.

The last question at the end of my post was kind of just a thought, like a rhetorical question that came into mind as i was finalizing my original post, that's actually why i didn't add a question mark.

I agree the market is quite volatile for spending, but i also think that if bitcoin is to be adopted as a mainstream currency, its needs to be spent, and needs to be circulated, I think people need to see that people are actually out there using bitcoin as a currency that works, i don't know, i could be wrong in saying that, im not saying this is fact, but this is my opinion, however im not saying we must spend the majority of our coins, but for example i spent 0.07146 Bitcoin (£15 at the time, now £16 current value) to top up my mobile phone, now i dont consider this a crazy large amount of bitcoins to spend especially if i was going to spend the £15 on credit with my Fiat Anyways, so why not use my bitcoins? And better yet, as it was only £15, i will put £15 worth of bitcoins back into my wallet to make up for it lol

Also if im going to order food online, and im about to spend lets say £20 fiat to do so, why not buy £20 worth of bitcoins and use those to order my food? that way i dont have any less BTC than i had in the start, and i have my food AND i feel like i supported the cause.

Now the second sentence of your post lol I wasn't saying merchants SHOULD only accept BTC merely speculating on the thought, what ifs.
I do understand that if any merchant (especially so early on in BTC's Life span) were to Only accept bitcoins, it could potentially leave a bad taste in some peoples mouths if they feel as if they're being forced to change their currency to bitcoin just to make a purchase, however i do think one day there is every possibility that there will be some place out there in the world, whether it be online or in a shop, that will accept bitcoin only payments for whatever reason.

About the first question I haven't told (or better write) that my behavior is the behavior to be followed or it is bad or good for bitcoin. I must accept that don't use bitcoin is not good for it. But I have not money excessively to spent in vain buying bitcoin only to buy something that can be bought with fiat money. Because all the transaction have fee (you know very well this) and never, something who cost 20 us dollar, can be bought with bitcoin with the same price. The fee in buying bitcoin are not few and buying bitcoin to use it for buying something that cost 20 us dollar, with bitcoin will cost for sure more than 20 us dollar because, as I told above and I you know very well in the price with bitcoin are even the fees of the bought of bitcoin.

As for the second question have no meaning to write something about your "explanations" (without any meaning) because the quoted last your sentence is very clear. I have something only for the "lol". The use of this slang (always if you know its meaning) it is one way to go out of the embarrassment situation in which you find yourself after reading my explanation or something that you use when you understand the meaning of something wrote by you that make you to cry (like it is your last sentence)?
MbitSport (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 05:41:01 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 09:31:10 PM by MbitSport

About the first question I haven't told (or better write) that my behavior is the behavior to be followed or it is bad or good for bitcoin. I must accept that don't use bitcoin is not good for it. But I have not money excessively to spent in vain buying bitcoin only to buy something that can be bought with fiat money. Because all the transaction have fee (you know very well this) and never, something who cost 20 us dollar, can be bought with bitcoin with the same price. The fee in buying bitcoin are not few and buying bitcoin to use it for buying something that cost 20 us dollar, with bitcoin will cost for sure more than 20 us dollar because, as I told above and I you know very well in the price with bitcoin are even the fees of the bought of bitcoin.

As for the second question have no meaning to write something about your "explanations" (without any meaning) because the quoted last your sentence is very clear. I have something only for the "lol". The use of this slang (always if you know its meaning) it is one way to go out of the embarrassment situation in which you find yourself after reading my explanation or something that you use when you understand the meaning of something wrote by you that make you to cry (like it is your last sentence)?

You have me all wrong man, I wasn't saying that the point you made about choosing not to spend them was right or wrong, i was just explaining the reasons as to why I choose to spend them, and i dont personally consider me using my bitcoins to buy your every day things such as phone credit or a Pizza is spending it in vain because like i said, i believe it supports BTC so To me its not in vain.

Your right, there are transaction fees involved in buying bitcoin, not cheap ones either i must admit, but thats why i say "spend a little save a lot" I use bitcoin ATM personally, and when buying bitcoins i will purchase a few & i will put 80% into saving, and this leaves me with 20% to spend freely (because again, i believe spending my bitcoin helps)

And my second question, again, wasn't a direct question like i already explained, and still think my point on that is a valid one, because it is not impossible for someone to open a store (online or off) and only accept bitcoin,

in fact i think i found one! now i could be wrong, so check it out for your self, i haven't verified this cause i didn't sign up,

BUT from the looks of it, https://www.bit-keys.com/ show the price in fiat, but on checkout, you pay with bitcoins and i dont see an option that says pay with debit or credit (see now, here is where i insert another "lol" cause i find that funny)

And if it turns out i am wrong, i still wouldn't feel silly about it cause whats there to feel embarrassed about? Im not big headed and know for certain i am not right 100% of the time, and i feel no ill way about this cause i know no one is correct 100%.

And as for my "slang" LOL i wouldn't personally call using "lol" online slang, and i certainly didn't use it because i was embarrassed about anything, what on earth did i say that i should have to be embarrassed about??? i used the "lol" because reading what you wrote made me laugh, and  still does.

Spelling edits**
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:15:20 PM

yes i am,buy mobile seluler top up and electric token Cheesy
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 11:37:44 PM

Occasionally i buy some goods online, but it is mostly for speculation and trading.

Maybe if some large shops accept it and the price won't be so volatile I will defineatly spend more coins on purchasing goods and services.

For now, let's see some stabillity first..

chanlance

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:38:56 AM

considering merchants are still reluctant to accepting bitcoins i use my bitcoins to buy software online, pay premiums for services etc
MbitSport (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:10:08 AM

Just ordered myself another pizza for delivery.  Wink

(i must say though, i actually wasn't going to at first but i was genuinely too lazy to go upstairs for my wallet to get my bank card. lol)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:36:55 AM

No, not really. I hodl my bitcoin, and i'm trying to save a couple hundred and then spend it all at once Cheesy I'm thinking of saving up and when bitcoin gets high enough, I will use the profit I made to buy a gaming PC. Cheesy

Although I might buy some takeaway tonight Cheesy

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:12:29 AM

Half of my coins are on my savings and half of them is for daily expenses so yes, I spent my coins daily. If not then I don't have anything to spend at all. I onky use bitcoins as of now as a source of income besides USD. Cheesy
For me too BTC is one of the source of income I majorly used country currencies only but sometimes rarely I used buy Online products using BTC that too only for electronics and gadgets because BTC value will grow higher and very fast and I would like to suggest you to spend your dollars that's best
mr.coinstrader

Activity: 278

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 06:53:28 AM

I spend my bitcoins mostly on digital stuffs and its very perfect I can buy any digital stuff without providing my personal details. I also some times buy some mobile load with my BTC if necessary and sometimes I do gamble on casino sites and ponzis Cheesy
AlexBits

Activity: 239

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:26:34 AM

I spend sometime. Only if I need something or just for some goodies.

But the most I wait that increase. Let say I have 5BTC.

The 2BTC I spend it and the 3BTC I save it. So when I buy more BTC than I do that. So later maybe 1 of 2 years maybe BTC well increase.

Than I have money for the future. Just a trick.
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:31:57 AM

yup i do spend my bitcoins but not actively, just for emergency or if necessary. i just hold and secure most of my earned bitcoin 'cause I believe the price will pump out anytime...
MichealKnightrider

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:32:58 AM

Are we talking about a physical store? Or online as well?

I haven't spend any btc in any stores, I am thinking about it though, just never done it

I'm also trying to save up some btc for future investments
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 09:44:12 AM

I have to spent my coins from time to time as they are backup for my fiat income and I can't simply live without adding by BTC fund to my living expenses.
But I try to sell it only when bubble is live. I also like to buy things directly for bitcoin and if I see some good offer online I will probably go for it.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:22:43 AM

every day I always spend my bitcoin in gambling, but the results of signature campaign always I change into money not for gambling Grin

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 10:30:39 AM

Just ordered myself another pizza for delivery.  Wink

(i must say though, i actually wasn't going to at first but i was genuinely too lazy to go upstairs for my wallet to get my bank card. lol)
This is exactly why BTC has good chances of being popular!
People do what is more easy, if using Bitcoin is easier/faster than other payment methods. People will be more inclined to use it.
This is why I believe in Bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 12:52:24 PM

Yes.
I usually spend my bitcoin if I really need it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: