Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:10:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners  (Read 48986 times)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:12:03 PM

Here is the post for following the group buy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 07:23:56 AM

Yea not sure whats going on here...they seemed like they had sample chips in from the fab last month and published those "tested" 1.5 w/MH specs, which is in line with what a 14nm scrypt chip *should* do. Now they are stating 4 w/mh??? Thats very fishy...I got 5 w/mh efficiency out of the 40nm Alcheminer chip on my USB miner. The only thing I can think of is that yield so horrible that they are only getting 1/4 functional cores per silicon area. That or they are selling an improved version of their 28nm chip and saying its 14nm...

They also had a table showing a range of efficiencies, at various hashrate/chip.
 4W/Mh was the top hash/chip figure, 1.5W/Mh was the bottom.

I suspect it depends on what voltage you run the chips at - this is nothing new, though it's a MUCH wider range than anything else I've seen.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
cjmining

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 12:51:26 PM

It's all too sketchy at the moment. I think i will hold onto my money until more info is available. The figures are changing weekly. The first estimates of 600/800 MH's were fantastic, it then went down to 400/500 still not too bad. Now it's down to 256 how can it go from 800 to 256 ? at 1000w it means i have to get 3 units to get the original 800 MH's at 3000w instead of 800-1200w. I'll hang fire for now.
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:56:55 PM

This reminds me of Blackarrow. Promises and spec changes. More promises and dates. Then missed dates and promises, all the while they are taking preorder BTC. Finally a few units ship and the rest of the bag holders get nothing but a big FU.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:35:52 PM

Yeah, it would be nice if manufactures were actually honest about their projections. Rather than trying to scam investors into feeding them tons of money to make a shitty product.
Im sure all the "partners", that shoveled millions in to Innosilicons pockets for the A4, are really happy right now.
In the end tho, fuck the investors; its the customers who always get screwed in cryptoworld.
Oh well .... at least the Titan will live on for longer now =)
28nm vs 14nm at nearly same power consumption .... how much shittier can your chip get?! Innosilicon...

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:27:43 PM

Yeah, it would be nice if manufactures were actually honest about their projections. Rather than trying to scam investors into feeding them tons of money to make a shitty product.
Im sure all the "partners", that shoveled millions in to Innosilicons pockets for the A4, are really happy right now.
In the end tho, fuck the investors; its the customers who always get screwed in cryptoworld.
Oh well .... at least the Titan will live on for longer now =)
28nm vs 14nm at nearly same power consumption .... how much shittier can your chip get?! Innosilicon...

The bad thing is Innosolicon is more than an ASIC company (ASIC in terms of crypto mining), they also create chips for other purposes and were around before crypto. Because of this they shouldnt need pre-orders. They should also not scam and give false hopes as it will hurt the other side of their business. They are probably in one of the better positions of all ASIC manufacturers if they would take advantage of it.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:41:45 AM

We received an update from Innosilicon regarding the availability of the A4.  Here are the latest specs and info regarding the current batch 1 pre-order:

Update: World Most Profitable A4 Dominator Miner is coming soon! Early batch goes fast with best efficiency ever and very limited quantity, and who are the lucky ones to get the access to the first batch will, with no doubt, enjoy the early gain before anybody else, that means big profit.

Pre-order price: 1800 USD per unit plus shipping fee, 5 units to start

Estimated delivery time: Starts from August and max delay is one month.

Warrantee: 45 days parts warranty

Specifications:
l  Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
l  Size: Length 28cm * Width 12.8cm * Height 25cm
l  Net weight: 11KG (without PSU)
l  ASIC: A4, 80pcs
l  Blade: 4pcs
l  Voltage: +12V
l  Power efficiency: Initial batch will be defaulted at 3.2W/Mhs in Turbo mode, 2.2W/Mhs in Norminal mode, and 1.35W/Mhs in ultra low power mode
l  Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 8 * PCI-E 6Pin
PSU is external and exclusive to save your international shipping cost, which can be acquired used easily at low cost or reused from old version miners.
l  Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

If you would like to know about the group buy we are organizing you can find that thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.40
Gurban

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:10:16 PM

noise level ?
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:28:48 PM

150db at 30% fan... ROFL

We don't know yet.  Inno says they will be posting a video soon with the new A4.  Hoping we will get a glimpse and answer some of these questions.
Magnusd

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 08:00:53 PM

Hi,

I am located in Sweden and intend to order a bunch of A4's.
I am thinking of buying at least 1 for myself, and i might be able to buy a second one.
If anyone is interested in joining in on a group order (minimum 3 is required in total for innisilicon to ship) you are welcome to join in on the order.

Contact me on a PM if you are interested.
(We will of course arrange the setup in a proper and secure way)

/Magnus
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:27:06 PM

I want to buy two units I am located at Europe I can organized one Europe group

Also for Europe
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:35:18 PM

I want to buy two units I am located at Europe I can organized one Europe group

Also for Europe

See prev guys post above. You all can make it for more then 3 units.  Go big  find someone in Central Europe equal shipping price 🚊😄

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:13:11 AM

Its a though sell Imo.
After import taxes and shipping costs are around 2300 to get it to my door.
It mines around 2.7 Ltc a day after power costs that leaves me with around 6 usd a day that's a little under 400 days to roi If the diff doesn't jump up because of all the added scrypt power.
Unless u got Free or really cheap power its gonne be close if your able to roi.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 10:19:56 AM

Its a though sell Imo.
It mines around 2.7 Ltc a day after power costs that leaves me with around 6 usd a day that's a little under 400 days to roi If the diff doesn't jump up because of all the added scrypt power.but an

you COULD maybe co-locate it in the states get around vat that way ...but me I'm about 15c plus maybe more on such (guy in Iowa) could probably do better in Oregon or some such but he knows Titans..and my rate here at home is 14.6c kwh anyway

on the other hand with so many titans now at the house (from 2 to 4 with the other 5 in Iowa) I sure can't just eat the electric anymore and consider it just added LTC to BTC

So my logic is with most of my electric miners (I'm never home) ALL THE electric I use in the house from now on will be paid for by mining....also I have a decrease of about 4c kwh

for Winter rates the 2nd week of Oct.

In that I heated the house last year at 85% rate with 3000 watts or so....6000 watts or so should not be a problem to do the same Smiley

Thus the logic ..till they doorstop they pay electric for themselves each month (including my puny home/house use) and they Heat the house this winter......

anyway ..who'd a thunk it?

but anyway such an option of USA hosting ..if you trust someone to send it to them under their name and host it....would get around Vat and also maybe less  expensive

electric costs then Europe?.....probably unworkable but just a thought

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:30:36 PM

Its a though sell Imo.
It mines around 2.7 Ltc a day after power costs that leaves me with around 6 usd a day that's a little under 400 days to roi If the diff doesn't jump up because of all the added scrypt power.

right ;/   thats why i couldnt preorder. i kept thinking there was no way without even giving us a vid or having a presence here would they deliver in aug (honestly good luck by end of sept. at this point imo)

by then all those new/old titans will be online, and all buyers have already lost 2 months of mining time waiting where hardware bought from in hand is hashing as we speak.

following same path as all new ascii, by the time consumers get their preorders they will be obsolete, as usual... ;(
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:53:12 PM

Its a though sell Imo.

right ;/   thats why i couldnt preorder. i kept thinking there was no way without even giving us a vid or having a presence here would they deliver in aug (honestly good luck by end of sept. at this point imo)

by then all those new/old titans will be online, and all buyers have already lost 2 months of mining time waiting where hardware bought from in hand is hashing as we speak.

following same path as all new ascii, by the time consumers get their preorders they will be obsolete, as usual... ;(

"A4 ASIC offers up to 4Mhs per chip LTC hash power with as low as 1.5W/MHs power consumption."

at these rates it would work but what their selling now doesn't work for me.
I'm not sure if their website sais those will become available in the future or whats going on.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:51:38 PM

Its a though sell Imo.

"A4 ASIC offers up to 4Mhs per chip LTC hash power with as low as 1.5W/MHs power consumption."

at these rates it would work but what their selling now doesn't work for me.
I'm not sure if their website sais those will become available in the future or whats going on.

Initial testing of the A4 chip showed great promise, but what they are getting when combining chips into PCB's is something different.  So the numbers they posted are not correct.  The corrected numbers we are getting for a miner pre-order is 280mh at roughly 1000w at the wall.  Of course we are still waiting to see one in action and get more specs.  But it is far short of what they expected from the single A4 chip tests.  We know the chip can do it, but when put into a package it appears they have some issues to figure out.

Right now it looks like batch 1 won't ship until September for the pre-orders.  From there I assume you will be able to order from distributors in Oct-Nov time frame. We won't know specs for those batches until we get closer to that happening.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:47:39 PM

ebay has one for sell or per order

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-A4-280M-SCRYPT-MINER-/232045905945?hash=item3607038819:g:rwIAAOSw6n5XrPts

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:54:40 PM

Heh. A pre-order of a pre-order at 33% more in price. 😄

Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 07:18:00 PM

That's going to be cute, they are promising factory installed PSU's and cables...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: