Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon's A4 Dominator, 1.2W/Mhs 14nm ASIC and miner, open for Partners  (Read 48986 times)
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:47:14 PM

I hope so to, they did reply said whoever had the jig now was having to make repairs to it and it would be a while,  already a month later than expected, the batch 3 boards I do have work better but still not happy , made some hardware mods and some software mods as well to make it a little better but still no where like they claimed.

They said they still are not sure on letting the driver code out, so I guess we will chug along with what we got.

I don't understand the thought to make the machines reboot in a stratum disconnect.

From my observation they have a script that reboots the Pi any time it see's 1 Get Failure.

I haven't had time to chase/find it yet though but I can confirm it does it consistently.

I've got a 3rd A4 cube coming that is supposed to be batch 3. Hopefully that gamble pays off when they fix the stability issues.
Well batch 3 is better however I have made some modifications, I replaced /sbin/shutdown with another a file that does a hardware MCU reset , had to wire that in along with a sudo pkill cgminer to kill cgminer off, all of the stuff in ran in a do loop do it instantly restarts, well nearly for some reason the cgminer binary takes 10 seconds to start now for some reason.

I have been unable to flash my own boards from batch 3 firmware that I pulled to my batch 2 cards just get a quick sharp LED flash, dont know the error of my ways, the jig is a month late or so , needless to say I am a bit sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inno_ASIC (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:37:53 AM

Cool that is nice, I just wish I could get mine updated to Batch 3.. these units are driving me nuts!
Please contact us if you have B1 or B2 A4 miners. We can help you to update directly to B3.
Email to: luojm@innosilicon.com.cn

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 03:14:55 PM

They guy that Innosillicon decided to go with improving the source code is called Nowayz on this forum btw

I have never received any word back from Innosillicon regarding my proposal to them, not even after a reminder email with a modified proposal Undecided
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:42:21 PM

They guy that Innosillicon decided to go with improving the source code is called Nowayz on this forum btw

I have never received any word back from Innosillicon regarding my proposal to them, not even after a reminder email with a modified proposal Undecided

jump  to baikal mmmmmmmm yummy

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:50:24 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2017, 08:04:06 PM by toptek

just got my first A4, thing is loud, something i wont be running at nite glad for me it's just hobby right  now..

my question now has anyone come up with a quieter fan ?. All ready like it but the nosie gonna have to either find quieter fans or build something around it...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:13:29 PM

just got my first A4, thing is loud, something i wont be running at nite glad for me it's just hobby right  now..

my question now has anyone come up with a quieter fan ?. All ready like it but the nosie gonna have to either find quieter fans or build something around it...
Not that I know of. The specs on the fan are 200CFM, so as long as you can vent 200CFM through the rig you should be able to replace with ducting or other forced air.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:37:23 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2017, 05:52:52 AM by toptek

Man talk about cheap or cutting corners i had to open the controller mine came with the RPI b not b plus or 2b but mine was rusting and old the pins on the SD slot were bent to the point the only SD it worked with was the one  it came with and that was hard to get it to boot or the only one that would boot the miner with any image i found so far that works on the A4 ... .. good fpr me thu i had a b i don't use any more with no bent pins on the SD slot, and no rust ... I put it on the addon board it booted up no waiting sad thu i'm  gonna figure out or try to plug a RPI 3 or any PI into the board , the add on board on the RPI b is all you really need.

my other question is there any open Source Software for that version of CGMINer ?  and i wish BFG worked with it , i know it doesn't ...

Not that I know of. The specs on the fan are 200CFM, so as long as you can vent 200CFM through the rig you should be able to replace with ducting or other forced air.

so im guessing it can be watered cooled if you want to go that route and have some heat sinks made, the boards from what i saw are your normal type hash boards not like the miners bitmian put out after the S5 ... I didn't open the miner and have no plans to till the warranty is up . only went by pictures i saw ...

usao
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 06:19:26 AM

Drop it in a tub of mineral oil...
emdje

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 07:47:47 AM

my other question is there any open Source Software for that version of CGMINer ?  and i wish BFG worked with it , i know it doesn't ...

No, there is no opensource version of CGminer.
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:21:32 PM

Man talk about cheap or cutting corners i had to open the controller mine came with the RPI b not b plus or 2b but mine was rusting and old the pins on the SD slot were bent to the point the only SD it worked with was the one  it came with and that was hard to get it to boot or the only one that would boot the miner with any image i found so far that works on the A4 ... .. good fpr me thu i had a b i don't use any more with no bent pins on the SD slot, and no rust ... I put it on the addon board it booted up no waiting sad thu i'm  gonna figure out or try to plug a RPI 3 or any PI into the board , the add on board on the RPI b is all you really need.

so im guessing it can be watered cooled if you want to go that route and have some heat sinks made, the boards from what i saw are your normal type hash boards not like the miners bitmian put out after the S5 ... I didn't open the miner and have no plans to till the warranty is up . only went by pictures i saw ...

No they still use the old Pis, they have to be the version 2 of the B . one of mine only has the BCM chip and ethernet controller, they left off everything else, no usb jack , power , etc, and yes all of mine are rusty. As as for making it work on a newer version, well it wont work out of the box, it will have to be recompiled due to the bcm2708 libraries needing to be different , not to say it cant be . I have been allowed to get the source code and were working on making them work a lot better myself and another person have made some good progress.

AS far as the fans , yes they are loud but I put some dc-dc converters on them dropped them to about 8volts and they are a lot more tolerable , it only changed the CFM about 30% and they run only about +5c higher.

I guess I can ask what would people like to see in this, things we have done so far is make them a lot more stable and done the xnsub addition.

While it would be neat to water cool them I'd say be more hassle than good, although I have though about it.

usao
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:27:12 PM

The fans are approx 65dbA, so pretty loud. It's possible (if you have multiple rigs), ti use ducting to a larger/quieter fan used in AC units or squirrel cage fans.
If you want truely silent, then you need to drop the miner boards and the ATX PSU into a mineral oil bath.
Then, use tubing to circulate the mineral oil through a radiator, perhaps something like a car radiator from an old car. That way, the noise is outside, but the miners are inside.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:27:33 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 05:33:28 AM by toptek

There might be something wrong with my A4 it keeps dropping one board then the other one maybe  two mins later it is a B3 i was told and it is running 202 beta it was running ok till last nite then it started doping one board first now it's both, I  left the voltage @ 815 like the seller said do and hadn't really done any OC, i swiped out the PSU hoping that was it,  both boards are stating to act up ...I really hate to ship it back to china.

I hate this shit of being force to use a old out dated OS on a old out dated rusting PI they sell that is inside the controller that takes for ever to install something that may not install .. man i hope INNOSILICON see the light of this wisdom and let us use our own  controller's with Ubuntu 16 in my case the dropping boards may have something to do with the OS and how bad it is  and also either give us the cables to run it off any PI hell im even pay for them if that's a problem just make them reason able ...and not some stupid greedy price , I'll make my own once they let us if they let us use any RPI or PI type ......if the price is stupid !!!!

wheezy is old, i don't think even https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ supports it any more sigh ....I remember reading some place a year ago that support was being drop for wheezy.... upgrade to Raspbian.. i would rather use my own RPI 3 if I have to be forced or limited to a RPI and Ubuntu 16 .... so I may not buy another A4 till they fix the limited controller issue to me that is a big issue  and may be another issue causing the boards to drop .....I was giving it some thought of buying another half till the boards started acting up if they are ..EastShore Mining Devices has them back in stack for 899 a 100 bucks more then i paid for this one ...

Don't get me wrong l love the miner the power it uses and small form factor but my Alchemist with 5 working boards and jstefanop firmware with BFG support runs better then this does on most pools, ...IF  jstefanop was to write one for this if he hasn't yet i would gladly pay him 60 bucks for a copy .... even 60 bucks a miner if he requested it that's fair to me ...

The sound is no longer a problem for me let it run at full spin i have in a room in my basement that is sound proofed, i may turn into a miner room soon with one window so venting won't be a problem, if i do ...

Last thought for those who don't know the SD card has to be a 8 GIB or less the slot size has to be Class 10 SDHC Card or the big one  in this case 8 gib or the OS wont fit it .. and using a big slot adapter with the little standard card won't do it  or using a 16 GIB card with SDHC support didn't work for me, i forget that pI only takes one size card slot wise i think and never allowed  use any thing over 8 GIB...with that OS ...

I know no one cares but that's how i feel and gonna say it any way ......  

Inno_ASIC (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 02:01:53 PM

Sorry for the delay of our reply. There must be some misunderstanding here.
We will check internally then feedback to you soon.

Thanks for your understanding.

Innosilicon A4 Support Team

Inno_ASIC (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 02:03:31 PM

There might be something wrong with my A4 it keeps dropping one board then the other one maybe  two mins later it is a B3 i was told and it is running 202 beta it was running ok till last nite then it started doping one board first now it's both, I  left the voltage @ 815 like the seller said do and hadn't really done any OC, i swiped out the PSU hoping that was it,  both boards are stating to act up ...I really hate to ship it back to china.

I hate this shit of being force to use a old out dated OS on a old out dated rusting PI they sell that is inside the controller that takes for ever to install something that may not install .. man i hope INNOSILICON see the light of this wisdom and let us use our own  controller's with Ubuntu 16 in my case the dropping boards may have something to do with the OS and how bad it is  and also either give us the cables to run it off any PI hell im even pay for them if that's a problem just make them reason able ...and not some stupid greedy price , I'll make my own once they let us if they let us use any RPI or PI type ......if the price is stupid !!!!

wheezy is old, i don't think even https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ supports it any more sigh ....I remember reading some place a year ago that support was being drop for wheezy.... upgrade to Raspbian.. i would rather use my own RPI 3 if I have to be forced or limited to a RPI and Ubuntu 16 .... so I may not buy another A4 till they fix the limited controller issue to me that is a big issue  and may be another issue causing the boards to drop .....I was giving it some thought of buying another half till the boards started acting up if they are ..EastShore Mining Devices has them back in stack for 899 a 100 bucks more then i paid for this one ...

Don't get me wrong l love the miner the power it uses and small form factor but my Alchemist with 5 working boards and jstefanop firmware with BFG support runs better then this does on most pools, ...IF  jstefanop was to write one for this if he hasn't yet i would gladly pay him 60 bucks for a copy .... even 60 bucks a miner if he requested it that's fair to me ...

The sound is no longer a problem for me let it run at full spin i have in a room in my basement that is sound proofed, i may turn into a miner room soon with one window so venting won't be a problem, if i do ...

Last thought for those who don't know the SD card has to be a 8 GIB or less the slot size has to be Class 10 SDHC Card or the big one  in this case 8 gib or the OS wont fit it .. and using a big slot adapter with the little standard card won't do it  or using a 16 GIB card with SDHC support didn't work for me, i forget that pI only takes one size card slot wise i think and never allowed  use any thing over 8 GIB...with that OS ...

I know no one cares but that's how i feel and gonna say it any way ......  
Hi, you can contact us by sending email to luojm@innosilicon.com.cn
We will help you to solve the issues.

Innosilicon A4 Support Team

emdje

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 08:27:01 PM

jump  to baikal mmmmmmmm yummy

They need someone?
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:11:51 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 10:27:20 PM by toptek

well everything is running ok now sense i went to this PSU http://www.ebay.com/itm/232259820738?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT i got it for that price just the PSU and mine was brand new not used ....I was using a Corsair 850 i had back in my S5 mining days i guess it was done ... but plan to buy this one later this month

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-1200W-Platinum-Power-Supply-for-ProLiant-Servers-438203-001-PSU-/191640171414?hash=item2c9ea4f396:g:k9QAAOSwu4BVr~FF

it seems it might better, i used one my old used ones i had laying around and it held up better, hash wise then my new 750 does but everything is stable now ..

MY only beef is the controller it's lame we can't use any anything but the OLD RPI it comes with for some or one you sell for those who were unlucky and had to buy one . which is fine, if there was better support which there all most is none to that degree ...I see you all sell one full A4 now on your site if that's all we want for a really nice price ..I'm sure emailing is useless by other complaints here , so i won't brother ...

vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 09:16:06 PM

With pools like ProHashing currently paying out as much as 0.07c per Mh/s per day ($17.50 USD per day), I wonder how many ROI nay-sayers are now kicking themselves they didn't buy an A4 back in August 2016?

I'd imagine there's a bunch of A2 and Titan owners who have made ROI that are feeling pretty happy too.

The BTC scaling debacle and the SEC have been great for Alts, I just hope Bitmain don't mess it up too soon.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 12:53:07 AM

With pools like ProHashing currently paying out as much as 0.07c per Mh/s per day ($17.50 USD per day), I wonder how many ROI nay-sayers are now kicking themselves they didn't buy an A4 back in August 2016?

I'd imagine there's a bunch of A2 and Titan owners who have made ROI that are feeling pretty happy too.

The BTC scaling debacle and the SEC have been great for Alts, I just hope Bitmain don't mess it up too soon.

That's the part i don't understand why does bitmain want to f everyone they should be happy how they are setting, wealth only goes so far before you get to much and getting greedily er  will in time kill them.

I'm hoping those L3 take backs were to fix them or check them out and test them more , then put them back on the  Market, i know it's a dream, but hoping ..

vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:43:19 AM

I'm hoping those L3 take backs were to fix them or check them out and test them more , then put them back on the  Market, i know it's a dream, but hoping ..

No, they'll be mining with them, and to be honest that was really the right thing to do if you were in their shoes and can make more money mining with them than selling them.
And I quietly suspect this is what happened with the L1. It existed, but never saw the outside of a Bitmain data hall.
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:04:48 AM

Is there some kind of latest firmware updates or recommendations for Mining on Nicehash?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: