Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:42:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233180 times)
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 05:02:16 AM

yeah agree with you all, because of our greedy so gambling make us addicted
fun reason on gambling is not true reason for gambling make us addicted
because gambling is risk activity, but sometimes risk activity is funny thing for some peoples

There is some reasons which make gambling so much addictive things the more we get greedy than we lost the control and thinking that kind gambling is very easy way to make money for our needs, so this kind of behavior is really risky and that is why we get addicted to this.

We think it's going to be easy to win every time. It's a false idea but we got it in our mind and cannot get rid of it very easy. It's very addictive too, of course.. But this false idea gets us greedy each time.
It is really not easy to win each time you play gambling, it is always depend of a game, if the game is more on strategy and you know how to play it then for sure you can earn money in a short time, but once that you just have to rely on your luck it will be hard for you to win the game.
We should choose a game that we can use our skills and that our strategy is very important, with that we can increase our winning percentage and we may end up winning in the long run. When you are using a strategy and you stick with it for sure you are not prone to being addicted in gambling.

Most gamblers that are prone to addiction are those gambling purely with their emotion and no specific strategy at all.

I agree. Addiction to gambling will not lead to a better standing financially. It will just burn everything you have. No strategy gambling would term for the worse most of the time. Tho, some of them win, most of them will lose.
How could anyone ever argue that an addiction to gambling would be financially better for a person, of course they would be better off not being addicted, gamblers who are addicted are more likely to chase their losses and then they just loose twice as much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:23:36 AM

because gambling is risk activity, but sometimes risk activity is funny thing for some peoples

There is some reasons which make gambling so much addictive things the more we get greedy than we lost the control and thinking that kind gambling is very easy way to make money for our needs, so this kind of behavior is really risky and that is why we get addicted to this.

We think it's going to be easy to win every time. It's a false idea but we got it in our mind and cannot get rid of it very easy. It's very addictive too, of course.. But this false idea gets us greedy each time.
It is really not easy to win each time you play gambling, it is always depend of a game, if the game is more on strategy and you know how to play it then for sure you can earn money in a short time, but once that you just have to rely on your luck it will be hard for you to win the game.
We should choose a game that we can use our skills and that our strategy is very important, with that we can increase our winning percentage and we may end up winning in the long run. When you are using a strategy and you stick with it for sure you are not prone to being addicted in gambling.

Most gamblers that are prone to addiction are those gambling purely with their emotion and no specific strategy at all.

I agree. Addiction to gambling will not lead to a better standing financially. It will just burn everything you have. No strategy gambling would term for the worse most of the time. Tho, some of them win, most of them will lose.
I have never seen an addicted gambler in my entire life that is successful in the long run, most of them only have a good luck in the beginning but since they are addicted, they will still lose all their winnings in the end. This is gambling which is addictive so we should be very careful with our actions.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:39:37 AM

In my opinion gambling becomes addiction because of if i have been losing it make me curious and that is make me addiction of gambling.
Gamblers are those people who are intelligent, you keep playing still despite of the reality that you always lose because you want to fin the method to win in gambling, and in a regular basis we want to try our new discovered method if it works or not.

Gambling makes our mind works and that can help to be active for a while.
What kinds of new method on gambling? I think you must show up, it will make good discussion because i don't know there are method for playing gambling. For me gambling is just for fun and entertainment and depend on my lucky.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:26:40 AM

In my opinion gambling becomes addiction because of if i have been losing it make me curious and that is make me addiction of gambling.
Gamblers are those people who are intelligent, you keep playing still despite of the reality that you always lose because you want to fin the method to win in gambling, and in a regular basis we want to try our new discovered method if it works or not.

Gambling makes our mind works and that can help to be active for a while.
What kinds of new method on gambling? I think you must show up, it will make good discussion because i don't know there are method for playing gambling. For me gambling is just for fun and entertainment and depend on my lucky.
I guess what he is trying to imply is that the method to accept loses so we can enjoy gambling in the long run as long as we have the money to gamble. Most gamblers do not accept loses so they lose more than they can afford to lose.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:46:09 AM

It drags me to gamble too, but also important reason why i and other gamblers gamble is because they can earn a lot of money this way even if it's risky
The exact problem is with me also, when I quit gamble after giving some huge losses I decide that ok enough but then I think hey I ended on a loosing streak, maybe the wins were on the door knocking and that makes me bet more and more, if lost I think ok maybe next and if I win then well,who ends while winning ?
i frequently end my game session while in profit , but a couple minutes ago i have played blackjack and roulette on fortunejack turn a little amount of 4.5 mbtc to almost 80 mbtc as i think it was extra money i keep doubling the bet amount , unfortunately this time i didn't have luck enough to stop while in profit , usually if i play with non-extra money i withdraw the whole bitcoin immediately , in my case i feel i'm not addicted as the reason why gambling addicting are the feeling you get when tempted to get more additional money and to chase the losing money.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:09:29 AM

I have never seen an addicted gambler in my entire life that is successful in the long run, most of them only have a good luck in the beginning but since they are addicted, they will still lose all their winnings in the end. This is gambling which is addictive so we should be very careful with our actions.

Me either, no gambling addict I know has won anything but on their first try. Most of the time, those who really win something has a plan and strategy.                                                                                                   

teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 12:14:44 PM

Gambling is addicting because its very enjoying and due to that its very addicting for almost everyone.
I think that gambling is fun and that its addicted but if you can control it its not bad at all in my eyes.
gambling is really entertaining but also risky so I think even if you are having fun in playing gambling also be responsible enough to handle a situation that it can also happen during your game.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:08:00 PM

It drags me to gamble too, but also important reason why i and other gamblers gamble is because they can earn a lot of money this way even if it's risky

Gambling is addictive mentally. The worst thing for a beginner is to win a large amount of money. Later, even when losing, is expecting that the next big win comes easily and work out their losses. However, usually this does not happen and people are getting only more addicted.
Most of the times its the 4th reason because you see if someone was rich why would they gamble ? I think the best way to understand its addiction is that : Losses gives addiction, winning gives addiction then how exactly would we leave gambling ? So its the loosing and winning that makes us addictive.
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:32:58 PM

Gambling is addictive mentally. The worst thing for a beginner is to win a large amount of money. Later, even when losing, is expecting that the next big win comes easily and work out their losses. However, usually this does not happen and people are getting only more addicted.

Because that is what most people's nature and when a person see's money he will literally take it if no one is looking and if there would be free money pop up on his face he would just literally grab this kind of opportunity, that is most people ways in  gambling too, if a person would win in gambling and would really like to win again he would definitely keep on playing or betting.
Yes and in that search for the big win when he has lost all the amount he won, he thinks that maybe the big win is just close and if somehow he gets it he again starts and this continues until a time comes when he has lost all of his money, took loans and scammed and now has nothing left than just to ponder.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:54:51 PM

Gambling is addicting because its very enjoying and due to that its very addicting for almost everyone.
I think that gambling is fun and that its addicted but if you can control it its not bad at all in my eyes.
gambling is really entertaining but also risky so I think even if you are having fun in playing gambling also be responsible enough to handle a situation that it can also happen during your game.
The better solution is that for that situation that the person who want to play games in gambling they have to make a schedule for themselves and have to promise themselves that they will strictly follow the schedule which they have created for themselves.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 09:39:49 AM

The simple fact that people are greedy and that they need easy money is the reason why people are addicted to gambling. We are all lazy people who want to become millionaires but are never ready to work for it. Moreover the gambling sites itself have very enticing advertisement campaigns that make people addicts as well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:54:50 AM

The simple fact that people are greedy and that they need easy money is the reason why people are addicted to gambling. We are all lazy people who want to become millionaires but are never ready to work for it. Moreover the gambling sites itself have very enticing advertisement campaigns that make people addicts as well.

It doesn't necessarily mean that we are lazy, but why wouldn't we just follow easy ways to get easy money? We're all humans and we know we need to work hard to get something in life, but if there's an easy way to do that everyone will go for it.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 10:00:51 AM

It doesn't necessarily mean that we are lazy, but why wouldn't we just follow easy ways to get easy money? We're all humans and we know we need to work hard to get something in life, but if there's an easy way to do that everyone will go for it.

There is no easy way of getting money. Period - other than scamming someone Grin Grin

In all other cases you need to work hard and earn. All easy methods to earn money have some way or the other to extract money from you and other methods to keep you addicted to it. Gambling is one such thing which is a sure loss if they keep betting - even if they know it they still gamble - they wont work to earn rather dream of big and gamble until they lose all.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
teilwalL05

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 11:43:21 AM

The better solution is that for that situation that the person who want to play games in gambling they have to make a schedule for themselves and have to promise themselves that they will strictly follow the schedule which they have created for themselves.
If the person is really addicted in gambling even the plan schedule will broke if they really wanted to go casinos just to play gambling.
referalol

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:09:59 PM

because it will make you curious. When you lose you will still try to gamble because you still want to know how does it feels if you win.
And when you win, you will feel happy and then want it once again, again, and again.
passwordnow

Activity: 2940
Merit: 570

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:01:53 PM

because it will make you curious. When you lose you will still try to gamble because you still want to know how does it feels if you win.
And when you win, you will feel happy and then want it once again, again, and again.

Not just because of curiosity that makes gambling so addicting. The main reason is a gambler wants to get the amount that he lose in gambling so instead of winning and recovering the loses. He is just making himself addicted and get attached more in gambling. That is why addicting is really he root cause of gamblers to fall.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
michkima

Merit: 514

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:23:52 PM

Not just because of curiosity that makes gambling so addicting. The main reason is a gambler wants to get the amount that he lose in gambling so instead of winning and recovering the loses. He is just making himself addicted and get attached more in gambling. That is why addicting is really he root cause of gamblers to fall.

True, the more they try to get back their loses the more deeper their grave gets. There is little chance for addicts to get back their loses and in the end they go broke than get rich.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:34:18 PM

True, the more they try to get back their loses the more deeper their grave gets. There is little chance for addicts to get back their loses and in the end they go broke than get rich.
curiosity is always make people addicted to playing a game even more gambling. when people gamble, people who play it will be very curious about the results of what will appear, whether in accordance with what he's thinking or not. it will make him keep trying to gamble, so he was hooked.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
iram1011

Merit: 521

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:37:49 PM

People find gambling so funny, because they hope to get rich with it!
but talking seriously only bookmakers and casinos are the only people that get a real advantage from gamble.
Some times a lucky one get a super jackpot.. but how many people lose before?
CroIsBest

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:43:07 PM

I feel a lot of fun when i gamble but i feel a lot of pain when i lose a lot I losted about 2 btc in betking and I earned that amount back and even more in revenue share site Cheesy so I am happy
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: