Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:53:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 06:36:38 PM

and make them think bitcoin is only used by drug dealers and people like that.

Does Your local Food Shop or Supermarket accept BTC?

This is my first time to hear that there is a shop of foods are accepting bitcoin as payment or supermarket are accepting payment with bitcoin, maybe in paris its already accepting it locally or in brazil but i really do not know what exactly shop that accepting bitcoin i heard that coffee shops are accepting bitcoin in some countries..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sex Video Chat VKcams.com

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

http://VKcams.com/

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 07:54:00 PM

This is a real sign, that for usual people the possess of BTC give no advantages.

http://VKcams.com/ - FREE Sex Video BITCOIN Chat
x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:00:35 AM

I will say its not in our place to encourage businesses to accept Bitcoin that is the responsibility of government because how do I begin to start answering the question concerning legality or whether government will wake up and ban the currency or even allow it? Another is the fact that no business owner will want to find himself on the other side of the law.
Governments don't want to encourage bitcoin adoption at all, in fact they are trying to discourage it by all the possible ways imaginable, they are using the media to misinform the public and make them think bitcoin is only used by drug dealers and people like that.
Yes thats really true I don't think what government are trying to do in countries that bitcoins are banned, besides there are big countries accepting it already and they earn a lot also, bitcoin has  big advantages compare its disadvantages so there's no need to ban the bitcoin. And here in my country I don't really think if there's already a local physical store that accepts bitcoin because its too hard to convinced this local stores owners if they are only thinking that bitcoin is used in drugs transaction.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:09:26 AM

I will say its not in our place to encourage businesses to accept Bitcoin that is the responsibility of government because how do I begin to start answering the question concerning legality or whether government will wake up and ban the currency or even allow it? Another is the fact that no business owner will want to find himself on the other side of the law.
Governments don't want to encourage bitcoin adoption at all, in fact they are trying to discourage it by all the possible ways imaginable, they are using the media to misinform the public and make them think bitcoin is only used by drug dealers and people like that.
Yes thats really true I don't think what government are trying to do in countries that bitcoins are banned, besides there are big countries accepting it already and they earn a lot also, bitcoin has  big advantages compare its disadvantages so there's no need to ban the bitcoin.

You can't expect anything from the government. Bitcoin isn't a part of the government and therefore they do not care whatever happen to it. We have to deal with it, bitcoin isn't a government property so expect them not to care about bitcoin or do a favor for it. If it does, for sure it will be to find way to impose tax in it in any way they could and start to watch over its movement in the country.

If we want to invite merchants to bitcoin world, we do it ourselves.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:14:57 AM

The question I would like to ask is, "How is it my civic responsibility to determine or even advise local businesses to accept Bitcoin?" I believe that should be the function of government. Aside that talking about local businesses, then it means after explaining Bitcoin to them, then I will need to also show them how to transfer to wallet and the likes but what if they now sell accepting Bitcoin and their own suppliers does not accept, then it means they have to convert to Fiat in which in the process, they might be scammed... And I will be blamed for that... Hopefully government can take the responsibility then I can give support...

Here we are "function of government", there can be many different functions of government besides the conventional ideas that governments should defend the country, the citizens, liberty and property. On of the important functions of government is to establish justice by protecting those that follow the laws, and creating peaceful environment for those people. They are not doing that, most of the countries are corrupted and they think only how to please different corporations.
If some local business start to accept bitcoins and skip paying taxes, that business will be closed very fast. Bitcoin is still without any regulations in many countries, but that doesnt mean you can just start using bitcoins in your store without any consequences.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
leakingnoseee

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 01:42:18 PM

just tell them a lot about bitcoins
novemberwoah

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 02:46:56 PM

I think to push local businesses to accept bitcoin on the area the government should legalize bitcoin. Because if bitcoin became legal there certainly local businesses feel safe to accept bitcoin. In addition bitcoin should have a lot to ease adoption. You also have to convince if accept bitcoin will have benefits for the local business.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

I think to push local businesses to accept bitcoin on the area the government should legalize bitcoin. Because if bitcoin became legal there certainly local businesses feel safe to accept bitcoin. In addition bitcoin should have a lot to ease adoption. You also have to convince if accept bitcoin will have benefits for the local business.

Yup, thought to be one of the reasons or to make everyone understand. That to make something according to our good, then we must make something it becomes legal and made safe by everyone. Safely secure what I mean is that it does not exceed the limits of existing laws or safe where everyone could get protection from what they do inside. This also applies for bitcoin, so we should be able to make the Government and the people to support the growth of the bitcoin and make bitcoin became legal throughout the world
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:19:47 PM

No, I think that's not going to happen, and I think we should stick with the present situation...If bitcoin as "legal" means, it will be a biding the law, and that means the government would start to regulate bitcoin...

Who knows, merchants might want to use bitcoin too as it is, so why make it legal first? We could try to convince them to use bitcoin, and if they are interested, expect them to ask more, and if they are not, forget it, just leave something to them like bitcoin address along with your contact number or email... Who knows, one day they might change their mind...  Smiley

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:59:49 PM

Who knows, one day they might change their mind...  Smiley

If there is no delivery of goods in BTC, no costs in BTC, why shops will start to sell products in BTC?
For creating problems for themself?

rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:20:37 PM

Common people still looks very confused about how bitcoin works
But with government make it legal and support it , i think it's gonna be the best lesson to know bitcoin
As once bitcoin legalized it's give people a safe feeling to not worrying bitcoin as a scam thing
Things will run smoothly if government follows to support bitcoin too i guess.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 08:05:04 PM

and make them think bitcoin is only used by drug dealers and people like that.

Does Your local Food Shop or Supermarket accept BTC?
Not right now.

This is a real sign, that for usual people the possess of BTC give no advantages.
Not entirely true, for example you can go to purse.io and buy things on amazon with a 15% discount that is useful for everyone that makes purchases in amazon, especially in this days where people make lots of last minute purchases.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 08:15:40 PM

for example you can go to

We are here about "local business".

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 03:34:15 AM

Who knows, one day they might change their mind...  Smiley

If there is no delivery of goods in BTC, no costs in BTC, why shops will start to sell products in BTC?
For creating problems for themself?

It means Bitcoin reduce the service tax, handling taxes and other particulars when you use Bitcoin any local business. Payment transactions we so convenient when compare with fiat. It would more helpful for overseas trading peoples.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:54:09 AM

But with government make it legal and support it , i think it's gonna be the best lesson to know bitcoin
As once bitcoin legalized it's give people a safe feeling to not worrying bitcoin as a scam thing

You're a hero member and by the time that you've spent in this forum, you should know by now that the government will never legalize bitcoin. Legalizing bitcoins means it's okay for them to ditch their own currency.

The people that don't feel safe using bitcoin has to do their research. They wouldn't feel unsafe when they know what they're doing. You don't need the government to lecture yourself about these things and no one in this forum has been spoon fed by the government for the very knowledge about bitcoin. We all learned it by ourselves. It's pretty basic once you start reading a couple of articles about bitcoin.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

novemberwoah

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:04:01 PM

You're a hero member and by the time that you've spent in this forum, you should know by now that the government will never legalize bitcoin. Legalizing bitcoins means it's okay for them to ditch their own currency.

The people that don't feel safe using bitcoin has to do their research. They wouldn't feel unsafe when they know what they're doing. You don't need the government to lecture yourself about these things and no one in this forum has been spoon fed by the government for the very knowledge about bitcoin. We all learned it by ourselves. It's pretty basic once you start reading a couple of articles about bitcoin.
Not all countries whose governments are declares illegal use bitcoin, there are some countries that legalize bitcoin especially in developed countries. As in the Russian state, previously banned the use of crypto like bitcoin, and even those who violate them will be punished. But last November, Russia officially legalize bitcoin. It proves that the government policy of each country to bitcoin could change. Most importantly how to make bitcoin get confidence in a country. It also will encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 03:57:36 PM

Not all countries whose governments are declares illegal use bitcoin, there are some countries that legalize bitcoin especially in developed countries. As in the Russian state, previously banned the use of crypto like bitcoin, and even those who violate them will be punished. But last November, Russia officially legalize bitcoin. It proves that the government policy of each country to bitcoin could change. Most importantly how to make bitcoin get confidence in a country. It also will encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin.

I think even the country doesn't declare it illegal, it doesn't means they declared the Bitcoin legal. The countrie's governments don't say anything about Bitcoins, if they like it, if they endorse this idea... I believe they are just watching the Bitcoin movements to impose a jurisdiction on the moment they can take advantage of it. I would like that things continue as it is now, if Bitcoin becomes legal, it would be worse for us.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 04:00:04 PM

It will take time to world fully adopt Bitcoin but the Idea I have to motivate local business to accept Bitcoin that we can simply ask them to accept Bitcoin after buying goods or services from them, for example you stay in a hotel for 3 days you eat various items but when you go to the reception for check out tell them that you do not have cash/debit/credit card because you forgot at home but you have Bitcoin that worth money and  you want to pay with Bitcoin than the hotel manager will surely accept Bitcoin.

How interesting this trick.  Grin

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:08:30 PM

Try to made it at Your Supermarket.
In a Hotel, they will call the police for sure.

Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:10:55 PM

It will take time to world fully adopt Bitcoin but the Idea I have to motivate local business to accept Bitcoin that we can simply ask them to accept Bitcoin after buying goods or services from them, for example you stay in a hotel for 3 days you eat various items but when you go to the reception for check out tell them that you do not have cash/debit/credit card because you forgot at home but you have Bitcoin that worth money and  you want to pay with Bitcoin than the hotel manager will surely accept Bitcoin.

How interesting this trick.  Grin

Will they? What I think about that scenario is that they will put you to jail by not paying your bill and you spent a night there and the following day they will still ask you to pay them with cash, and if you still don't then they will file against you, and if you brag about it, well, the state might be your enemy and if it gets worst, they will declare you as "persona non grata"...  Grin

Anyway, if we want to convince those hotel to accept bitcoin, we should start talking to the owner, or the highest official of that establishment, and who knows, they might consider your proposal...  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: