Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:07:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
thymeow

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:00:00 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
One step at a time - however, in the Philippines the idea of btc has been welcomed though not yet endorse by a lot, but the possibility of using btc as a payment method could be implemented.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:14:56 AM

Now few business are getting lured to start accepting btc as a mode of payment after the recent surge in the btc price where it went till 2500$+ . They only concern is that what if within short span it drops drastically and every time they need to immediately needs to sell of btc in order to get their right value on spot.
Faiyz

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Dijual

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 12:13:24 PM

Now few business are getting lured to start accepting btc as a mode of payment after the recent surge in the btc price where it went till 2500$+ . They only concern is that what if within short span it drops drastically and every time they need to immediately needs to sell of btc in order to get their right value on spot.

I don't think that can be a big issue. If you are not from the U.S. you can always wait for dollars to increase and you can still profit if you wait. Because technically for now you cant buy physical goods by bitcoin. You have to convert it. If i were to be a local business manager, i can accept btc regardless of it's price in the marketcap. As long as the transaction is legit and i saw it with my own eyes then it is ok. But off courese different strategy when you really are from the U.S.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:12:12 PM

By campaigning massively bitcoin through mass media, local media, newspapers, with the help of banners, posters, etc., I think that way we can encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin and maybe local businesses will grow if more people receive bitcoin as a means of payment.
What if you are the only one that wants to push bitcoin to your nearby local businesses? You will spend too much money with it, you may raise the awareness but you are not sure if those businesses will adopt and accept bitcoin. Don't fall into the conclusion of doing some massive campaign, you only need sometime to talk to those business owners.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:00:07 AM

Just introduced first the bitcoin in the local business to accept it. Because if the local business not know the BTC as currency they cannot use it in exchange of their products or service. However, if the local business accept it as currency it was easy to encourage the other business to accept it.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 06:10:45 AM

Tell them the advantage of using bitcoin show them the other features does not have others. For sure if you do that they accept bitcoin as payment.  They sadi to them many people as of now using bitcoin and if they add bitcoin for their business many people avail their service or products. Gives them the proof also that bitcoin is legit and they have many uses.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:04:49 PM

We cannot encourage, we need to promote the bitcoin in the local businesses also in the small business because they cannot used it if they cannot know what it is. Moreover, using of bitcoin in local businesses were good but for now it is a big challenge to us, if how can make it true.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:08:35 PM

We cannot encourage, we need to promote the bitcoin in the local businesses also in the small business because they cannot used it if they cannot know what it is. Moreover, using of bitcoin in local businesses were good but for now it is a big challenge to us, if how can make it true.

We can encourage for the few businesses and those people that we know personally.

But if we want to promote bitcoin solutions for businesses it's hard to make this type of marketing because we are endorsing bitcoin as a whole.

It's going to be a good promotion if you have a service to offer that accepts bitcoin.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:35:59 PM

A suggestion: To encourage local businesses to accept BTC, then start by using it and accepting it on your very own store. This way, people would know that it exists. Put up a banner that you accept bitcoins and people would always ask the cashier what it is. It's obvious that you have to educate the people in your store what is bitcoin so they can answer the questions of the customers as if it's just a normal thing to have. The customers will be thinking to themselves, if this waiter knows about it, then how come I don't know it? Am I behind the trend now? And then do a quick search about bitcoin.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 02:05:17 PM

We can encourage them by generating signature campaigns promoting their business by using digital currency as their mode of transactions. By this platform we can make it through success of the business adds and will surely gain good profit in the future of the business growth. Bitcoin education for the country's people is must for eveybody living in the community so that adoption of the system will take place at a certain level of understanding, that could result to profitable income of a business sectors.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 02:44:41 PM

We can encourage them by generating signature campaigns promoting their business by using digital currency as their mode of transactions. By this platform we can make it through success of the business adds and will surely gain good profit in the future of the business growth. Bitcoin education for the country's people is must for eveybody living in the community so that adoption of the system will take place at a certain level of understanding, that could result to profitable income of a business sectors.
Certainly! Not that fast though because people wouldn't rely directly to a new currency which is BTC. Well of course it takes time to introduce BTC to local businesses however, the gradual process would work by a private tutorial about BTC in an exclusive video for those who are interested. And, they can also leave a comment or send a message if they have something to clarify about it. As much as possible it should be discreet at times because others might think it is a scam as we all know there are many instances already happened otherwise people won't be interested at all. Consequently, gradual introduction of BTC to local businesses would be of great deal.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:20:05 PM

There is no need to encourage them rather than promoting bitcoin to them. If we can make them understand about the function and profitable section then they will be also interested in this forum, if they are capable of predictions then they will must be involved here.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:17:47 AM

By campaigning massively bitcoin through mass media, local media, newspapers, with the help of banners, posters, etc., I think that way we can encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin and maybe local businesses will grow if more people receive bitcoin as a means of payment.
You could do that but who is going to pay for all of that? Because I don’t think anyone in his right mind wants to spend that much money, also the most important is that business will adopt bitcoin on their own as client inquire about it, so it is not business owners we must try to convince but the average person if we convince them, businesses will follow.
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:35:13 AM

You could tell them the advantages that we can have with bitcoin and explain to to them.You could also tell them that there are lots of people who are waiting for a business to spend their bitcoin with.Or you could use some flyers with the information of the bitcoin in it or you could convince them orally.
Coffee2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:23:21 AM

I ve been thingking about this too.
My idea is to have btc atm first and switch between that atm fo fiat.
It is not 100% btc but it is like toncombine the idea.
Most condition is not ready for btc.
It ll change
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:36:02 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 12:33:42 AM by Jewell

You could tell them the advantages that we can have with bitcoin and explain to to them.You could also tell them that there are lots of people who are waiting for a business to spend their bitcoin with.Or you could use some flyers with the information of the bitcoin in it or you could convince them orally.
i think it is not such an easy job to convince them so easily and specially in current situation, when there is such a huge fluctuation in the price of bitcoin. i think it can only be possible when bitcoin price will become too much stable and to me  think it may not be possible in near future, because still a very little number of bitcoin users have accept bitcoin and still a lot  of people are accepting it on daily bases. therefore we cannot expect that bitcoin price will become stable in near future.
CoinBimBop

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:19:23 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there needs to be established, reliable bitcoin futures, swaps, and a forward market for them to hedge their cashflows in order to guarantee they will maintain their profits even if the coin prices plummet.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:11:37 AM

i think it is not such an easy job to convince them so easily and specially in current situation, when there is such a huge fluctuation in the price of bitcoin. i think it can only be possible when bitcoin price will become too much stable.
bitcoin will not become stable,thats how cryptocurrency market works.if it become stable than no one will invest in it ,simple is that.i think local businessmen will not accept as it is not fit for making local payment. and if talk about some good industry people then also it will not work as btc price fluctuate by a greater margin.
savioroshan

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:08:27 PM

There is no wrong in making local business owners to accept bitcoin as payment. But just imagine about customers. For a 10 dollar purchase, customers end up paying 12 dollars including transaction fees. Who will pay 12 dollars instead of 10 dollars.  I think ,in this situation its really foolishness to make local owners to accept BTC as payment because it wont do any good to customers .
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:51:00 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
First we should explain them history of bitcoin ,its functioning in block chain and how it is secured briefly.Then we should explain them that bitcoin transactions could not be reversed unlike paypal and so its safe for merchants.We should say that by just downloading a wallet and by scanning the QR code by even smart phone.It should also be said that if we earn bitcoin as payment instead of fiat,it has chance of increasing since bitcoin price is increasing continuously.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: