Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:56:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184768 times)
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:45:06 PM

I think they' ll be more encourage if we tell them how much is the value of btc now and what will be the value in the future. It's benefit and advantage of having bitcoin in a wallet is like securing ourself in the future. If there will be a mass awareness about bitcoin this will be all be a piece of cake.

The issue lies beyond just informing people. The value of bitcoin fluctuates so much. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense for sellers to take btc as payment due to the volatility of it. It's similar to if sellers accepted stocks for payment instead of cash. They might end up losing value due to the everyday changes in the market.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:07:24 PM

A faster transaction is the ultimate role of btc as a digital currency. Furthermore, it can easily be converted to other currencies. It would not require hassle transfer of physical money. The value of bitcoin is also increasing at this point. Therefore the value of the earnings can also increase (while it is still in the bitcoin currency) as the bitcoin value increases.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:42:31 PM

If you want to encourage local businesses to accept BTC you just need to promote first the bitcoin in easy way. Also try to suggest the advantage and disadvantage of cash and bitcoin to see the good side part of bitcoin into our industry.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:51:23 AM

I think they' ll be more encourage if we tell them how much is the value of btc now and what will be the value in the future. It's benefit and advantage of having bitcoin in a wallet is like securing ourself in the future. If there will be a mass awareness about bitcoin this will be all be a piece of cake.
If I am a local business bitcoin can catch my attention if bitcoin assured to me that my business is safe from any other scammer and a lot of people will become interested to my products and services. Yes in bitcoin the transactions is fast, the payment is also fast but who's my target clients? Only bitcoin users, maybe my income was lessen or else my business will die. Why? Because not all people used bitcoin.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:54:54 AM

If I am a local business bitcoin can catch my attention if bitcoin assured to me that my business is safe from any other scammer and a lot of people will become interested to my products and services. Yes in bitcoin the transactions is fast, the payment is also fast but who's my target clients? Only bitcoin users, maybe my income was lessen or else my business will die. Why? Because not all people used bitcoin.

Agreed to your point, it is a valid point because i have seen their are lot of local shops who are accepting bitcoin but they business is not even 1% of the fiat currency because first their should be lot of bitcoin users and more over the price should be controlled and stable then only the local business people will use it. Because high fluctuations will always keep them fear of if the price downfall then their income will also get reduced.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 12:28:23 PM

I ask in shop did they want accept btc and says no.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:11:58 PM

for us to encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin, we should educate them what is cryptocurrencies and what are the possitive opportunities that they may incurged if they adopt the platform of bitcoin.
upon knowing the pros of bitcoin to their businesses, they will understand why cryptocurrencies is the future mode of payment.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:29:54 PM

for us to encourage local businesses to accept bitcoin, we should educate them what is cryptocurrencies and what are the possitive opportunities that they may incurged if they adopt the platform of bitcoin.
upon knowing the pros of bitcoin to their businesses, they will understand why cryptocurrencies is the future mode of payment.
Forsooth, in order fo us to encourage the local business to use bitcoin upon their transction is we must persuade them on what will be the impact of bitcoin in their business. We should introduce to them what is the purpose of it and how it is being used. We could encourage them by just telling them the good opportunities that they will get from it.
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:18:45 PM

In my experience, if your going to go one by one and try to introduce them to BTCitcoin and explain how it works in order for them to accept payments of BTC , it would be really a lengthy process and you'll stop doing it before you start so the best suggestion I could make is either by making a mini seminar wherein you invite them altogether and talk about it and even show some of the YouTube videos that well known speakers of community are in and they cover almost everything... And in cases of online local businesses, you could try to send them a support ticket regarding the matter and I've had luck that they answered, "were already reviewing BTCitcoin payments and will consider it for the future" .
I agree it is much better to encourage and advertise Bitcoin to people in a more passive way where we just need to continue our support to Bitcoin my using it as a daily transaction for them to know and see what Bitcoin really is. In this time we don't much need to tell to them to used Bitcoin rather we just need to make an effort to let them see the possibilities and the development a head to Bitcoin.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:37:05 PM

In my experience, if your going to go one by one and try to introduce them to BTCitcoin and explain how it works in order for them to accept payments of BTC , it would be really a lengthy process and you'll stop doing it before you start so the best suggestion I could make is either by making a mini seminar wherein you invite them altogether and talk about it and even show some of the YouTube videos that well known speakers of community are in and they cover almost everything... And in cases of online local businesses, you could try to send them a support ticket regarding the matter and I've had luck that they answered, "were already reviewing BTCitcoin payments and will consider it for the future" .
I agree it is much better to encourage and advertise Bitcoin to people in a more passive way where we just need to continue our support to Bitcoin my using it as a daily transaction for them to know and see what Bitcoin really is. In this time we don't much need to tell to them to used Bitcoin rather we just need to make an effort to let them see the possibilities and the development a head to Bitcoin.

There are lots of new post, why bother to quote an old post? Please look at the date.

It will not work because for businesses to accept BTC, they must seen an active community of bitcoin user in the specific location which in  general is not that much. Just by looking at those big merchants that support the whole world but still some of them didn't accepting bitcoin yet.

But you know the legalization of other countries is a big step into recognition. Soon businesses will automatically adapt bitcoin without us encouraging them.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:50:55 AM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
First,retailers should be explained about benefits of bitcoins.They must be explained that there is no charge back in bitcoin payment unlike paypal.Another problem for which retailers don't like to accept bitcoin payment is its volatile nature.But they should be said that bitcoin's price is increasing continuously on a long term basis.So their bitcoin income would grow giving them good returns.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kevinn669

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:09:00 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
First,retailers should be explained about benefits of bitcoins.They must be explained that there is no charge back in bitcoin payment unlike paypal.Another problem for which retailers don't like to accept bitcoin payment is its volatile nature.But they should be said that bitcoin's price is increasing continuously on a long term basis.So their bitcoin income would grow giving them good returns.

For business to take bitcoin, it is necessary that the government also accepts the crypto currency as the official currency.
It is dangerous for businesses to take bitcoin because its price is highly variable.
It is very difficult to constantly recalculate the cost of an item in the equivalent of bitcoin.

████████████                                                     
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███          ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       
 ██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███         ██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀ ▐███▌   ██▀▀▀▀██▄▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀       
 ██     ██  ███   ▄▄    ██▄    ▀    ██     ██ ██   ██     ██    ██           
 ██ ▄▄▄██▀  ███  ████   ▀██████▄    ██    ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ██ ▄▄▄██▀    ██           
 ██  ▀██▄   ███   ▀▀    ▄    ▀██    ██    ███████  ██  ▀██▄     ██           
 ██    ▀██▄ ███         ██▄▄▄▄██    ██   ▐█▌   ▐█▌ ██    ▀██▄   ██           
 ▀▀      ▀▀ ███          ▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀   ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀   ▀▀           
            ████████████     █████████████                                   
                                       ███                                   
         ████████ ██▄      ██          ███  ████████▄   ▄▄█████▄▄  ██▄     ▄██
         ██       ████▄    ██     ▄▄   ███  ██    ▀██ ▐██▀     ▀██  ▀██▄ ▄██▀
         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██▀███▄  ██    ████  ███  ██   ▄▄██ ██              ▀███▀   
         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ▀███▄██     ▀▀   ███  ██ ███▀▀  ██    ██████     ▐█▌   
         ██       ██    ▀████          ███  ██  ▀██▄  ▐██▄     ▄██     ▐█▌   
         ████████ ██      ▀██          ███  ██    ▀██▄  ▀▀█████▀▀      ▐█▌   
                              ████████████                                   
      ▄▄▄▄        ▄███▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄████▀
               █████   
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀   
 ▀▀████████▌ ▐██▌     
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀ ▄▄   
               █████▄ 
             █▄ ▀████▌
             ███  ▀███▌
             ███    ▀▀▀
             ███       
             ███       
             ███           
            ▐███▌     
           ▄█████▄     
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Register and Get Access
Facebook   Telegram
Twitter       Announcement
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:35:10 PM

It will take years before a local bussinesses will say "yes " to accept bitcoin another payment option. It will be a long road to walk before they approve bitcoin to accepted in every business.
mamahpapah

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:58:14 PM

You should explain them the benefits of accepting Bitcoins as payment. Your transactions cannot be traced by government and so your income will be tax free.Payments once you got through bitcoin  cannot be replaced to customers.You should explain these benefits
AgonyPaid

Activity: 315

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:13:49 AM

You should explain them the benefits of accepting Bitcoins as payment. Your transactions cannot be traced by government and so your income will be tax free.Payments once you got through bitcoin  cannot be replaced to customers.You should explain these benefits

In addition to benefits, there are many negative factors.
Business is a risk. And business in which bitcoin will be used is a risk doubly. It repels businessmen.
Only the government can stimulate the business to take bitcoin. For example, if operations with the crypto-currency are exempt from taxes

ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:26:41 AM

If you own a local business or have a close person who runs one persuade him to accept bitcoin and promote that fact you will gain competitors' attention very quickly especially if you gain more clients.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:50:32 AM

Giving an explanation to many people about bitcoin is not a difficult job, but if it were to encourage people to use bitcoin in their business this would be a pretty difficult thing. The only sure way is we have to use bitcoin in the business. For example a restaurant business, assuming in that case then the restaurant should be able to accept bitcoin as one of its payment media. This is the fastest way if you want a business to adapt to btcoin, otherwise this way can also make more and more people asking what bitcoin. And in the end they will use bitcoin in every financial transaction every day. .
golasila

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:36:57 PM

by asking do you accept bitcoin  Grin. i know of a toy shop locally that accepts btc
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 01:45:12 PM

I guess if all local Bitcoin seller companies from our Country will push the promotion of Bitcoin. We will have an easy life. In my case, our local Bitcoin seller is COINS.PH. So far so good. Now we can pay our Electricity, water bills, creditcard bills, phone plan bills and almost anything using Bitcoin.
AweJohn

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:14:21 PM

If you own a local business or have a close person who runs one persuade him to accept bitcoin and promote that fact you will gain competitors' attention very quickly especially if you gain more clients.

As ChrisPop said, tell your close friends about it, mouth to mouth is the best way, use it and others will follow
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: