Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we encourage local businesses to accept BTC?  (Read 184770 times)
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:33:33 AM

I think it's hard to encourage local business to accept BTC, i think we must first need the government to recognized bitcoin if the government finally recommend bitcoin to the public then it's much easier to persuade those local business to finally accept bitcoin, and it will really have a big impact in bitcoin in a good way.
Encouraging the ones who are there in local business market is not a big deal actually. You can quite easily convince them to start accepting bitcoin too. You only need to tell the ones who are there in local business about bitcoin and what all good bitcoin for them and their business. They will for sure like this idea of bitcoin and will start accepting bitcoin too. They only need to have an awareness.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flame-

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:48:47 AM

The idea of encouraging them to accept bitcoins is just another option for them and they can even do something new about it. We know that most of them are just accepting cash but this type of acceptance for their payments is somehow unique though the thing is that you just need to explain to them what bitcoin is and possibility to create another investment with it.
lostinbtc

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:47:42 PM

The problem might be for business because would this not be technically capital gains if they accept and hold the btc? so they would be losing money on transaction fees and then paying taxes on cap gains correct?
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:05:54 AM

It will be a good thing if bitcoin could be accepted by small scale businesses and retailers, but I also think the reason why bitcoin is not getting the desired response is because most people do not really understand how it works, but media sensitization or seminar on the pros of accepting bitcoin could go a long way in opening up the mind of people into acceptance.
The role of international market carries a significant importance in motivating and encouraging the ones who are sitting in local business market to go for accepting of bitcoins. In addition to this, we actually to tell them in an efficient manner about bitcoin and we really need to tell them the benefits they will be getting if they are going to accept bitcoin. This will help them to understand about bitcoin also.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:08:22 AM

I simply earnings-out a number of my generting nd shw it to my post in fb and share to my pals so they can ask on me on how do you have it, and then I share them my understanding of bitcoin so they can make to.aao
Exactly, They actually don’t know about this concept of bitcoin and we need to make them aware of this concept of bitcoin. It is because of the reason that if they will not be knowing about bitcoin, then how they will be able to use bitcoin or will start accepting bitcoin. Moreover, we also need to tell them the advantages of keeping bitcoin as this will motivate them to go for bitcoin.

Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:10:03 PM

I am looking to help move BTC forward into our economy more and would like to get some suggestions on how we can get more retailers to accept BTC as a payment.  The best part about accepting BTC is that they do not have any threat of charge-back from the customer.  I am just looking for some more input before I start approaching some of these local retailers.
with our technology now i dont think this would be hard to tell the world what
bitcoin and the whole crypto can give or can benefits then,send them via social media
or even via gadget or emails or any apps that you could communicate with them and
make them realize what are they losing for now believinh or giving crypto a chance to
enter they're businesses.

For me thats the simplest and most accurate way to reach them out.
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:38:17 AM

This strategy can be referred to as marketing because encouraging them to use btc means promoting its advantage to other payment means. By telling them the advantages i will tell them the step by step procedure making it easy for them to understand and eventually use them.

It's totally a marketing, marketing bitcoin as we are pushing and encouraging these local businesses to get into bitcoin. Once they are in, that will be another help to the whole bitcoin economy. They'll bring another profit and as well as additional market cap to bitcoin. And the phasing for this year is very quick, if tell someone that has a business about bitcoin it's either he heard it before or studying it now.
Explaining thoroughly the conveniences of using bitcoin as medium of payments will solve this issue. Bitcoin can be used just like any other debit cards and visas if the country's  will start to recognize it. But this means that there will also a need for automation for the local businesses. If we can overcome these challenges bitcoin will surely be viable for local businesses.
jdeanne92

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:42:43 AM

show them the positive side of having btc as payment. also show the potential of btc growth in months and years passed by.
webelong

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:22:47 AM

For people to understand the advantage of using bitcoins for businesses,first they must be educated about bitcoins and must learn the profits of having bitcoins also.Then if they saw the potential of it then maybe you can encourage people to use bitcoin in their businesses.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:04:51 PM

It will be a good thing if bitcoin could be accepted by small scale businesses and retailers, but I also think the reason why bitcoin is not getting the desired response is because most people do not really understand how it works, but media sensitization or seminar on the pros of accepting bitcoin could go a long way in opening up the mind of people into acceptance.
It is true and it is just because the bitcoin value is getting more and more high if the more bitcoin will be use by the people the more bitcoin value will be and the bitcoin will increase the profit for the people, bitcoin payment is now common so if the bitcoin will be use in the business the bitcoin will help the people to get the highest profit in the very short time so it is not very tough to spread the knowledge about the bitcoin now.
In my opinion, there is no such need of encouraging the one who are sitting in the local business market to start accepting bitcoin. It is because of the reason that after some period of time, they themselves will realize the importance of bitcoin and will go for accepting of bitcoin.

The only thing which you need to do at the very present time is to make them aware of this thing that what bitcoin actually is and how it can help them in having a better lives. They will soon realize its importance by themselves.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:10:37 PM

show them the positive side of having btc as payment. also show the potential of btc growth in months and years passed by.
That is not enough of encouraging businesses to get into bitcoin. You should let them know too what are the negative thing in bitcoin (I can't tell if there's any but only the price movement).

As they accept bitcoin they already investing in it so thats  dual purpose for accepting.

Signature for rent
Pompa

Activity: 297

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:24:47 PM

For me I don't know if good idea to encourage them to accept to get in bitcoin you can first to see them what is bitcoin and show them how to grow in business in bitcoin first before you  encourage them  and accept bitcoin
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:39:58 PM

I think we no need to do anything if Bitcoin is legalized as a local currency in your country already I think they will accept Bitcoin for investment but for now as I know Bitcoin is still not legalized in any country already so it's really difficult to find any offline business that accept BTC for investment. But I believe that in the future every business all over the world will accept Bitcoin as a global currency Cheesy

Ikay

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:36:42 AM

For me we need to legalized as a local currency for our country so that they think they will accept bitcoin for investment but i believe that bitcoin are accept in our country or all over the world we need to show them that bitcoin business growth in months and years passed by.
maikelujang

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:03:19 AM

I think to push local businesses to accept bitcoin on the area the government should legalize bitcoin. Because if bitcoin became legal there certainly local businesses feel safe to accept bitcoin. In addition bitcoin should have a lot to ease adoption. You also have to convince if accept bitcoin will have benefits for the local business.
podrick17

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:24:39 AM

In order for that to happen for me i think the government should take part on supporting bitcoin as well so that local businesses will be assured to the new type of currency they will soon to accept and use, another one is by getting backed by most banks especially the one's that is run by the government or international bank.

mindfly09

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:28:40 PM

We can encourage local businesses to accept btc, there are many ways but the best effective way is we invite them and talk about the benefits and tell that bitcoin has a great value especially in the future and take it seriously to explain them about bitcoin. The other way is the prove that we are already earn and invest and many people who invest in bitcoin now. I think they convince and they believe in bitcoin, because people lack of knowledge about bitcoin is not easy to convince.
rfouziha

Activity: 160
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:27:49 PM

Practically saying if I accepted bitcoin for my business if bitcoin is in correction mode how I will compensate the loss business is done with the minimum profit as everybody having mobile to enquire about the prices. So there is practical problem in local businesses.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:48:01 AM

For me we need to legalized as a local currency for our country so that they think they will accept bitcoin for investment but i believe that bitcoin are accept in our country or all over the world we need to show them that bitcoin business growth in months and years passed by.
You can't legalized a local currency, you dont have the authority of doing it so. Only the government can do it. And if you are saying about local currency that is pointing out to fiat, the money / cash in your country. Bitcoin is accepted widely but there are countries that also expressed their interest of not supporting it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
lenovo16

Activity: 210
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:01:09 AM

I think to push local businesses to accept bitcoin on the area the government should legalize bitcoin. Because if bitcoin became legal there certainly local businesses feel safe to accept bitcoin. In addition bitcoin should have a lot to ease adoption. You also have to convince if accept bitcoin will have benefits for the local business.
Yes I agree. Actually it was the first step, the government must legalize first bitcoin in the country. So it will be more accomodating to use for the local businesses. We need to be true, that when the time come that bitcoin become legal to a particular country surely they will put tax on it. Aside from that you should also need to explain to your prospect business the advantage of using BTC as a payment.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: