Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:38:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782152 times)
lipatti

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:55:25 PM

Hello,

Today is 55 935 448 PIVX supply.   37000 more pivx than 4 days ago. is 9000 more PIVX by day. In one year we have with this calcul around 3376250 pivx more (around 6 % inflation). Is it not to much ?  
To optain more pivx we have 2 solutions /  staking or masternode. Staking seems not secure because you not hold your coin. Masternode is 10000 PIVX.
I have no 10000 PIVX. Pivx is interresting for masternode. What is the best solution for others.
Thanks for reply.

Hello !!

Excellent remark concerning the coin supply expansion. 1st when you stake you own the private key... no need to take risks with a stake pool. 2nd I know it's hard to understand but by staking or running a mn you don't experience anything in regards to your share of the coin stock. It's means that you just keep your relative stake to the total intact. From your calculation at let's say a pivx@10$ it's only $33'762'500 of fresh coin supply... you know how much it cost per day to run all those asics with bitcoin? Of course it's always possible to make a proposal, another beauty of decentralized governance and lower the block rate at 4 or 2 pivx... nothing is impossible... but I would wait to at least reach 100'000'000 pivx... remember bitcoin has a max coin stock, but the supply is still increasing... and the next halving is in a long time still...

So yes, stake, find solution to increase your stake, to stake more...

For example right now if you have some cpu cycle free it's possible to mine monero and extract a few btc with it to increase your pivx stake Smiley.

I hope it helps, feel free to ask anything, and don't forget to join discord (link in my sig) for more accurate answers.

Hello again,

Thanks for your instant reply...
How to stake my own the private key ?
For example right now if you have some cpu cycle free it's possible to mine monero and extract a few btc with it to increase your pivx stake Smiley.
How to do that  ?

Thanks in advance.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:04:19 PM

Hello,

Today is 55 935 448 PIVX supply.   37000 more pivx than 4 days ago. is 9000 more PIVX by day. In one year we have with this calcul around 3376250 pivx more (around 6 % inflation). Is it not to much ?  
To optain more pivx we have 2 solutions /  staking or masternode. Staking seems not secure because you not hold your coin. Masternode is 10000 PIVX.
I have no 10000 PIVX. Pivx is interresting for masternode. What is the best solution for others.
Thanks for reply.

Hello !!

Excellent remark concerning the coin supply expansion. 1st when you stake you own the private key... no need to take risks with a stake pool. 2nd I know it's hard to understand but by staking or running a mn you don't experience anything in regards to your share of the coin stock. It's means that you just keep your relative stake to the total intact. From your calculation at let's say a pivx@10$ it's only $33'762'500 of fresh coin supply... you know how much it cost per day to run all those asics with bitcoin? Of course it's always possible to make a proposal, another beauty of decentralized governance and lower the block rate at 4 or 2 pivx... nothing is impossible... but I would wait to at least reach 100'000'000 pivx... remember bitcoin has a max coin stock, but the supply is still increasing... and the next halving is in a long time still...

I hope it helps, feel free to ask anything, and don't forget to join discord (link in my sig) for more accurate answers.

Hello again,

How to do that  ?

Thanks in advance.

you are mostly welcome!

you just have to download the wallet, and if you encrypted it you just have to decrypt it for staking only and it's good. Check that you have the green arrow at the bottom right... and just let your wallet open. If you didn't encrypt the wallet you have nothing to do but let it run online... check in my sig the calculator to have an estimate when you should get your first block Smiley.

For the rest I let you do your research on how to cpu mine monero on an internet search system.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:46:15 PM

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

Hello !!

Hello again,

How to do that  ?

Thanks in advance.

you are mostly welcome!

you just have to download the wallet, and if you encrypted it you just have to decrypt it for staking only and it's good. Check that you have the green arrow at the bottom right... and just let your wallet open. If you didn't encrypt the wallet you have nothing to do but let it run online... check in my sig the calculator to have an estimate when you should get your first block Smiley.

For the rest I let you do your research on how to cpu mine monero on an internet search system.
Just to be clear, if you decrypt wallet for "staking only", wallet still remains encrypted if you wanna send coins to different address? 
lipatti

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:27:14 AM

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

Hello !!

Hello again,

How to do that  ?

Thanks in advance.

you are mostly welcome!

Hello,
Ok thank you very much for explication of wallet...
About this :  it's possible to mine monero and extract a few btc with it to increase your pivx stake. What do you mean, it's just mining monero ? what is the relation with monero and pivx stake. If i have monero i can buy more pivx ? Sorry i 'm lost.

Thanks in advance..
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:14:33 PM

Re: the supply, three things:

1. PIVX's inflation rate is designed to decline steadily over time (see e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/72cklo/pivx_inflation_rate_compared_with_several_coins/ --although note that the curve will be slightly different once the new wallet is released). The absolute number of new PIVX added each year is ~constant, so the % inflation rate declines over time.

2. Because the number of PIVX added to the supply each year is constant, the actual reward rate to users depends on what % of the total supply is currently being staked. For example, if only half of available PIVX are being staked, then the reward to those who are staking would be ~double the 'expected' value.

3. Remember that all PIVX transaction fees, PLUS any unused budget (once the new wallet is released, budget = 1/6 of all new PIVX) are permanently removed from the supply (burnt). Therefore, the actual inflation rate is potentially much lower than 'expected'.

How to do that  ?

PIVX is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin. Monero is proof-of-work (PoW). In both PoW and PoS, users are competing with each other to validate new blocks on the network. In PoW, more CPU/GPU/ASIC power = better chance to 'find' and validate a block (essentially, PoW rewards are a tokenized representation of investment in the blockchain in the form of hashing power). In PoS, more coins (i.e., a higher stake) = better chance to 'find' and validate a block (essentially, PoS rewards are a tokenzed representation of investment in the blockchain in the the form of a pre-existing stake). The outcome for the network is the same in both PoW and PoW: new blocks are validated, and added to the distributed ledger (i.e., the blockchain). To earn PIVX, all you have to do is hold some PIVX in a wallet that is online 24/7--it is not computationally difficult, so there is no need for a powerful computer. The more PIVX you have in that wallet, the faster/more often you will receive a reward.

You may be confused because there is so much spam on this forum about staking pools. To be clear: you do NOT need to use a staking pool to earn rewards for your PIVX. In fact, it is much safer to avoid staking pools, since to use a staking pool you have to send your PIVX to someone else who will stake them for you, which means you don't control the private keys. The ONLY time a staking pool may be worth considering is if you have only a very small number of PIVX, so that your expected reward will not cover the electricity costs of running a computer 24/7.

Info on staking PIVX: https://pivx.org/knowledge-base/staking-setup-guide/

About this :  it's possible to mine monero and extract a few btc with it to increase your pivx stake. What do you mean, it's just mining monero ? what is the relation with monero and pivx stake. If i have monero i can buy more pivx ? Sorry i 'm lost.

Of course you could mine any other coin (XMR, BTC, LTC, whatever), trade it, and buy PIVX with the profits. You could even start from FIAT. That is your choice. However, if you already hold PIVX, you can earn rewards, as described above, by simply staking your coins. If every available PIVX coin were being staked, then you would basically need to stake in order to keep up with inflation. However, since not every available PIVX is being staked (i.e., some are held on exchanges, some have been lost, and some people simply don't want to stake), the reward to individual users is higher than the inflation rate--so it's actually quite profitable.

As B1tUnl0ck3r has pointed out, you'll be able to get more specific advice on Discord, which is the most active PIVX community. Reddit is also not bad.
lipatti

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:00:04 PM

Today is 55 935 448 PIVX supply.   37000 more pivx than 4 days ago. is 9000 more PIVX by day. In one year we have with this calcul around 3376250 pivx more (around 6 % inflation). Is it not to much ? 
To optain more pivx we have 2 solutions /  staking or masternode. Staking seems not secure because you not hold your coin. Masternode is 10000 PIVX.

Re: the supply, three things:

1. PIVX's inflation rate is designed to decline steadily over time (see e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/72cklo/pivx_inflation_rate_compared_with_several_coins/ --although note that the curve will be slightly different once the new wallet is released). The absolute number of new PIVX added each year is ~constant, so the % inflation rate declines over time.

2. Because the number of PIVX added to the supply each year is constant, the actual reward rate to users depends on what % of the total supply is currently being staked. For example, if only half of available PIVX are being staked, then the reward to those who are staking would be ~double the 'expected' value.

3. Remember that all PIVX transaction fees, PLUS any unused budget (once the new wallet is released, budget = 1/6 of all new PIVX) are permanently removed from the supply (burnt). Therefore, the actual inflation rate is potentially much lower than 'expected'.

How to do that  ?

PIVX is a proof-of-stake (PoS) coin. Monero is proof-of-work (PoW). In both PoW and PoS, users are competing with each other to validate new blocks on the network. In PoW, more CPU/GPU/ASIC power = better chance to 'find' and validate a block (essentially, PoW rewards are a tokenized representation of investment in the blockchain in the form of hashing power). In PoS, more coins (i.e., a higher stake) = better chance to 'find' and validate a block (essentially, PoS rewards are a tokenzed representation of investment in the blockchain in the the form of a pre-existing stake). The outcome for the network is the same in both PoW and PoW: new blocks are validated, and added to the distributed ledger (i.e., the blockchain). To earn PIVX, all you have to do is hold some PIVX in a wallet that is online 24/7--it is not computationally difficult, so there is no need for a powerful computer. The more PIVX you have in that wallet, the faster/more often you will receive a reward.

You may be confused because there is so much spam on this forum about staking pools. To be clear: you do NOT need to use a staking pool to earn rewards for your PIVX. In fact, it is much safer to avoid staking pools, since to use a staking pool you have to send your PIVX to someone else who will stake them for you, which means you don't control the private keys. The ONLY time a staking pool may be worth considering is if you have only a very small number of PIVX, so that your expected reward will not cover the electricity costs of running a computer 24/7.

Info on staking PIVX: https://pivx.org/knowledge-base/staking-setup-guide/

Of course you could mine any other coin (XMR, BTC, LTC, whatever), trade it, and buy PIVX with the profits. You could even start from FIAT. That is your choice. However, if you already hold PIVX, you can earn rewards, as described above, by simply staking your coins. If every available PIVX coin were being staked, then you would basically need to stake in order to keep up with inflation. However, since not every available PIVX is being staked (i.e., some are held on exchanges, some have been lost, and some people simply don't want to stake), the reward to individual users is higher than the inflation rate--so it's actually quite profitable.

As B1tUnl0ck3r has pointed out, you'll be able to get more specific advice on Discord, which is the most active PIVX community. Reddit is also not bad.

Hello,

Thanks for all informations it's very interesting. If i keep my pivx in my wallet 24/7 and my computer crash or electricity cut what is the impact ?
yOU SAID  The ONLY time a staking pool may be worth considering is if you have only a very small number of PIVX, so that your expected reward will not cover the electricity costs of running a computer 24/7.  to be interesting how many pivx do you thing i need to start  with electricity costs

Thanks all,,, great community here....

fuongy

Activity: 106
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:43:36 AM

First work out how much your electricity will cost (every country is different) then use a site like below to estimate returns

http://pivx.cryptonode.co

Node returns are not consistant, ie if your expecting a reward a day you could go a week then get 7 in a row (as an example only)

With any investment especially crypto the price can fluctuate so not only is the link above just a reference but if price goes up or down will impact your return in dollar value.

If you like your project most are not concerned about current value but potential in the future.

As for power outage if your not on the network you don’t get rewards
fuongy

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:33:05 AM

Also if you have concerns on computer crashing or electricity cut or just as best practice make backups of your wallet.dat file (on location separate to the pc) and make sure your wallet is locked or “unlocked for staking only” with a password.

This is general info  for any wallet you are running not just PIVX.

Hardware wallet like ledger is better but just can’t stake or use it for masternode collateral..... yet.
fuongy

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 10:46:01 AM

Plenty of innovation too much to list in a post, not a company but community run Decentralized Organization,  check out https://pivx.org for lots of information.

Part of the Roadmap for 2018

stan86

Activity: 1092
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

New Episode of PIVXpress  is live!

- Wallet Status Recap
- zPoS
- Quarters or Percentage Based Timelines: What is your opinion?
- PIVXfans is back online!
- PIVXplaces + Ambassadors
& More!

Watch -> https://goo.gl/ei92sG
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:22:24 PM

PivX on YoBit! Don't do like me!

So I bought some thinking I am getting too good of a deal here but when I tried to withdraw it, Yobit tells me it is down for maintenance.
alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:34:22 PM

PIVX PIVXpress April 9, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kXe8W-kmAA

PIVXpress - Hosted by Bryan (Snappy) of PIVX this week discussing:
- Wallet Release Updates
- Core Tech Release
- PIVX ambassadors
- PIVXfans
- Market Movements

Notable Features:
- New UX/UI
- Deterministic zPIV staking
- zPoS = PIVX Zerocoin Proof of Stake
SwissBoo

Activity: 700

SetupMasternodes.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 08:24:57 AM

Excited to see the new updates arriving for PIVX!

Create Your own Full Masternode VPS without Technical Skills in 1 HOUR
==>  https://www.SetupMasternodes.com  <==
Turing

Activity: 994

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:29:58 AM

PivX on YoBit! Don't do like me!

So I bought some thinking I am getting too good of a deal here but when I tried to withdraw it, Yobit tells me it is down for maintenance.

Don't use Yobit.
Really, I can't emphasize that enough.
fuongy

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:29:18 AM

PIVX PIVXpress April 9, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kXe8W-kmAA

PIVXpress - Hosted by Bryan (Snappy) of PIVX this week discussing:
- Wallet Release Updates
- Core Tech Release
- PIVX ambassadors
- PIVXfans
- Market Movements

Notable Features:
- New UX/UI
- Deterministic zPIV staking
- zPoS = PIVX Zerocoin Proof of Stake
PIVX's ambassador. What are they? Which responsibility they play in our community?

They help promote PIVX in their location arrange local meetups and someone to contact if interested in meeting up to discuss pivx if in the area
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:05:46 PM

A remark concerning the poster who needed help to feed his family, and when I told him to avoid taxes to have more for his family... I think if he has to pay taxes I would strongly suggest to pay them. Because I hope that with his work he will pay some (meaning having some money) and that in the long term it's unsustainable.

For me the best solution concerning payment for product, is to pay the net price in pivx and the taxes (vat what ever it's called there) in fiat, so that it's safe and clean for all.

---------------

then I think it's important to create a coalition of the privacy oriented systems, to be certain that one our goal is understood (a secure, safe, fast internet and beyond money) while not getting under the cross hair of congress... Again it's not the fault of federal reserve if terrorists use dollar notes. But still, keep our minds open on this issue.

Don't use Yobit.
Really, I can't emphasize that enough.
Be careful with Yobit exchange, which got high warning alerts from so many members in the bitcointalk forum.
I just saw news, warnings about the exchange. Would you mind giving me more details about what actually happened with Yobit exchange, please.
Is it safe for both deposits and withdrawals?

Thanks.

yobit... I lost satoshis there... avoid.

in a hurry no time to help today Wink have a nice day !

stay purple, keep staking !

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
adamgilbert912

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 04:30:36 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 08:29:21 PM by adamgilbert912

Hey PIVX Community,

The (SetupMasternodes.com Team) has announced it's full support for ZCoin's Masternode Setup Process and on going Troubleshooting!

Limited time: First 25 customers get started for $50 one-time cost, and that includes 1 hour of Free troubleshooting anytime after the setup!

Official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738

Our goal is to be completely honest and open with all the Masternode communities.

We truly want to support, grow, and provide additional options by guiding you through the often difficult Masternode setup process.
We NEVER touch your coins, server, or wallet.

Please ask any questions you may have here, on our main thread, or on our official telegram.

Main thread >>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3213738
Official Telegram >>> https://t.me/setupmasternodes

Need help setting up your Masternode? Having Trouble?

Check out setupmasternodes.com! Official thread >>> bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4448627.0
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 04:43:26 PM
Merited by B1tUnl0ck3r (1)

I just saw news, warnings about the exchange. Would you mind giving me more details about what actually happened with Yobit exchange, please.
Is it safe for both deposits and withdrawals?

It's not a scam per se, and nothing new has happened; it's just a not a very good exchange that has always had a bit of a cloud over it. I have had an account there since 2014 and I have never lost funds under suspicious circumstances. However, you shouldn't use them unless you want to trade an asset that is only available there--they have low standards so they list almost every new shitcoin. The main reasons to avoid them are:

1. Very low volume for most worthwhile assets because most people use other exchanges.
2. Poor maintenance/support, so e.g. if there is a wallet upgrade it may take them months (years?) to update, trapping your funds.
3. High fees vs. other exchanges.

Basically, you should only use YoBit for assets that aren't available elsewhere, and even then you should only do so if you're in a gambling mood. For PIVX, until DEXs become more mainstream, Binance and Bittrex are your best bets (I'd personally argue for Binance, especially if you don't want to verify your account). Cryptopia is also OK if you prefer a small exchange for some reason--it's kind of like a less shitty version of YoBit (though still pretty shitty compared to Binance/Bittrex).
quazi747

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:16:32 PM

PIVX is a awesome digital currency.....we should buy this ....
futurelab

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:35:55 PM

Excited to see the new updates arriving for PIVX!

Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: