Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:59:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112091 times)
zcs

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:55:44 AM

Bitcoin is not a money. It is coomodity. that is Gold,silver, platinum etc . We use bitcoin only for trading. We invest our money to purhase the bitcoin . We store it in our wallet as a digital currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:05:53 AM

At first glance, you can not call bitcoin real money, because you can not keep it in your hands, you can not buy most things for them. But this is all temporary. It is worthwhile only to visit the site-monitoring of exchangers and ATMs of bitcoins and it will immediately become clear how many of them are already in America and Europe.
wahlburger

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:12:55 AM

Anything that is being used as a medium of exchange is money. Bitcoin, like gold, is money.
I agreed on this matter, as long as bitcoin being used as payment in online it is considered as money like usd, euro and ¥ which means it shows bitcoin is like a real currency/money.

The only difference is that we cannot hold bitcoins physically and apart from that there is not much difference between bitcoins and real money as we can spend it anywhere we want like real money so bitcoin is definitely a money to me.

Correct, as long as I can use it even on a daily basis and trade anywhere and anytime in the world then I will also consider bitcoin as money or even better than money. The only thing I could think about money's advantage about bitcoin is acceptability though bitcoin is not legalize in our country we can still easily exchange it to our currency and use it like just an ordinary money. I also feel much safer in bitcoins than carrying bulky wallets or atm cards that always an eye catcher for thieves.
I agree with you as long as i can feed off it daily it is money for me and also the part about thieves is also correct how are thieves able to steal your bitcoins? unless you know everything in your head there is no chance they would be able to get in your online wallet.
Same thing goes for me if you can feed on it i would consider it money it actually is money if you have invested in it and if you are trying to earn it it also is money because if you cash them out and spend it you actually made money.
brainape

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:39:58 AM

It will be a new form of money, Bitcoin has a value that you can exchange to become a money to spend for. and I think in future Bitcoin will considered also as a legit money that you can pay in stores and others.
yes you are right that bitcoin is like a new form of money but bitcoin is not money it is basically digital cryptocurrency and there is a huge difference between money and digital currency. people use bitcoin to earn money thats why bitcoin work like money.
CoinFlippo

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:42:08 AM

Anything that is being used as a medium of exchange is money. Bitcoin, like gold, is money.
I agreed on this matter, as long as bitcoin being used as payment in online it is considered as money like usd, euro and ¥ which means it shows bitcoin is like a real currency/money.

The only difference is that we cannot hold bitcoins physically and apart from that there is not much difference between bitcoins and real money as we can spend it anywhere we want like real money so bitcoin is definitely a money to me.

Correct, as long as I can use it even on a daily basis and trade anywhere and anytime in the world then I will also consider bitcoin as money or even better than money. The only thing I could think about money's advantage about bitcoin is acceptability though bitcoin is not legalize in our country we can still easily exchange it to our currency and use it like just an ordinary money. I also feel much safer in bitcoins than carrying bulky wallets or atm cards that always an eye catcher for thieves.
I agree with you as long as i can feed off it daily it is money for me and also the part about thieves is also correct how are thieves able to steal your bitcoins? unless you know everything in your head there is no chance they would be able to get in your online wallet.
Same thing goes for me if you can feed on it i would consider it money it actually is money if you have invested in it and if you are trying to earn it it also is money because if you cash them out and spend it you actually made money.
True i made bitcoin my daily job that means i earn actually from bitcoin my salary is all paid in bitcoins and salary is money because with my salary i can buy stuff that i need to life like food clothes and even pay my rent with that money.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:42:40 AM

I believe that the statement: "bitcoin is new kind of money" passes the duck test.

Bitcoins function as money (they're a unit of account, a medium of exchange, and a store of value), and if PayPal started allowing Bitcoin transactions tomorrow I'm certain they'd treat them as Just Another Currency.

If you like, call it a commodity, but I think all you'll accomplish is confusing potential users who might think they'll end up getting pork-bellies delivered to their porch if they don't get rid of their bitcoins.

Just as how you said it, bitcoin is a new kind of monet. Bitcoin is also considered resources that has it's value. This is well used by people who knows bitcoin around the world. It has lots of potential to be trade off, invest and save for future use. Same as the fiat money, this has a value that this digital world considers. Digital currency should we say, bitcoin has it's unique function and use.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
KeeKit

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:47:04 AM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. A lot of cryptocurrency are now emerging and the originals are bitcoin. One of the best is Ethereum! Let me add that the Propthereum ICO crowdsale will run off a decentralized Smart Contract that runs on the Ethereum Blockchain. It is secured with a 256-bit encryption which makes it secure and reliable. Propthereum Tokens will be minted as PTCs. These coins are a digital representation tracking
the funding of our ICO and crowdsale. The pre-ICO token sale will take place on November 10, 2017 at 12PM GMT. You may check this link for more information: www.propthereum.io
Slimywalker

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:52:54 AM

Bitcoin is money because you can buy a lot of things with it just like you can with cash money. So i think that bitcoin will stay high in value because there are a lot of things you can do with it.
1101labu

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:53:12 AM

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:
    • 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
    • 2. Wealth reckoned in terms of money; "all his money is in real estate".
    • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
    • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
    • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
    • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
    [links omitted]
    [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

I tend to think that Bitcoin IS a money, in the more common and usual sense, in the sense of the wikipedia definition.
    According to the Webster's definition that gives the OP, it doesn't fill the 3d and 4th requirement to be considered as a money. But is it still relevant in the contemporary economic scheme, and after the digital revolution?  
    Jeremy-Whites

Activity: 48

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 09:53:50 AM

Cool In the sense of regular old currency not. It is more like a hyper liquid commodity which has great trade potential. Its sheer value comes from the demand. Very interesting one may consider but we very well know, that the financial system needs a change from the loan economics we have. I think bitcoin should be more accessible to people who lack computer knowledge, what I mean is that ATMs are an awesome way for those old generation people who feel venturous but lack the knowledge to step in. Kudos to companies doing just that.  Cool
    F.E.
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2038736.new#new
    dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 10:03:53 AM

Actually it is not money, virtual money ... which has the same importance such as money : it has a value, a huge one and it has its own markets, transactions, etc ...
    But legalizing it will make it considered as an officiel currency. And why not to have a physical Bitcoin pieces nd papers.   
    Rahul20

Activity: 29

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 10:06:29 AM

"bitcoin is new kind of money".I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.
    reisuke24

Activity: 358

View Profile WWW
    November 09, 2017, 10:20:30 AM

its like money sometime, because you can pay some stuff with bitcoin (between seller and buyer have agreement pay using bitcoin). its use to transaction something what you want with other user. but slowly, bitcoin function is deviate. actually if you want bitcoin you can buy it to someone that provide it, but now bitcoin price is unbelievable. and we can earn it not for transaction, but to meet our need
    Mei1418

Activity: 294
    Merit: 101

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 10:28:22 AM

yes bitcoin is money, but its shape is different from others, bitcoin is digital while money is in physical form, its function is equal to other money, but bitcoin must first be converted into various currency we need like dollar, eth and others
    1101labu

Activity: 33

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 10:35:54 AM

Actually it is not money, virtual money ... which has the same importance such as money : it has a value, a huge one and it has its own markets, transactions, etc ...
    But legalizing it will make it considered as an officiel currency. And why not to have a physical Bitcoin pieces nd papers.   

That's what I meant, but what is now the difference between money and virtual money, in those times where banks and financial institutions can create and emit debt from nothing? I don't bellieve a physical Bitcoin is necessary, I even think it's one of its major asset to be immaterial.

"bitcoin is new kind of money".I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

Why? Can you please elaborate on this?
    AndriyPilipyak

Activity: 336

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 10:36:45 AM

I'm my opinion btc much better,btc-is asset (without inflation),today I spend 100$ but after 1 year I can offer less things for 100$,with btc I can offer much more!!!

Shiertwo99

Activity: 12

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 10:36:52 AM

True i made bitcoin my daily job that means i earn actually from bitcoin my salary is all paid in bitcoins and salary is money because with my salary i can buy stuff that i need to life like food clothes and even pay my rent with that money.
    I agree with you i think bitcoin is money too because you can trade it for cash what is the difference between these two one is online and one is in your hand but with both you can buy stuff you need to survive.
    ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 10:44:23 AM

Bitcoin is a digital form of money which can be used in any part of the world that is you can convert it into any real life currency as per the rate in their regions.As per me i see btc more as an investment rather than seeing it as a currency because its value keeps hiking as compared to any other forms of investment where as the value of the money doesn't change this fast like the precentage change in the value.Btc doesn't take years for growth as per the current trend it is taking on few months or days time to show change its value growth so i consider this digital currency more as an asset.Which help improve our wealth.

Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
    Merit: 105

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 10:50:09 AM

It will be a new form of money, Bitcoin has a value that you can exchange to become a money to spend for. and I think in future Bitcoin will considered also as a legit money that you can pay in stores and others.
    yes you are right that bitcoin is like a new form of money but bitcoin is not money it is basically digital cryptocurrency and there is a huge difference between money and digital currency. people use bitcoin to earn money thats why bitcoin work like money.
    Bitcoin can consider money because it can be use for paying goods we buy online in convenient manner.  It is money in the form of other currency that need to change into a local currency to be used for small enterprises. Bitcoin is like a dollar that need to convert for local currency to be accepted in any store in the country.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
    Strught85

Activity: 84
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    November 09, 2017, 01:04:40 PM

I consider proper now bitcoins are much more of an asset then cash. To me it will not matter what form my paying electrical power is in wiether it really is in gold bitcoins or sticks. I'm just anxious for the worth and how much it will increase so I use Bitcoin as I think it has the best value then any other form of asset.
    Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
      Print  

Jump to: