Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112100 times)
caloy06

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:58:15 AM

For that, yes, because we collect it so much that we can put it on our wallet. When you get a lot of bitcoins, you can get the amount of money you can spend on the wallet at coins.ph.In today's time or in the future it will be bitcoin to be our money and to use all of our payments and to buy for quick communication or progress.
wablacc

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:03:26 AM

you should read about BTC on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin, then u read the meaning of cryptocurrency on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin.
BTC is a digital payment system, i think it has same function like money, because money is also use for payment.
maybe BTC not money, because it's digital money and working without a central.
anyone agree with me?  Grin please correct me if i did wrong, by PM me or reply  Grin Grin
Hasan_MSH

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:30:31 AM

Not at all, But yes! You may say Bitcoin is a virtual money or it is product. By which you make money in real life. Yes! at that point of view you may say bitcoin is money .
Alancrysto

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:31:41 AM

Ucoin WILL surpass Bitconnect! Insider stated some phenomenal news.. ( Bitconnect is anonymous vs ucoin is transparent)check it out 👉ucoincash.co/ref/alancrysto         
 $etp $btc $neo $ltc $bcc $bch $zcash $xrp $pot $omg $okcash
Green_Earth

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:34:03 AM

Bitcoin is virtual money.Now world going forward with virtual money.Because virtual money transaction system is more secure.
manhwa

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:21:57 AM

well, many of you says bitcoin is money but no for me. I buy bitcoin and make it as future asset. Not for buy a thing such as the use of money.
queenhallmark

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:51:38 PM

Bitcoin is virtual money.Now world going forward with virtual money.Because virtual money transaction system is more secure.
Yes off course bitcoin is money. It is true that still bitcoin is not accepting in various places as a payment but bitcoin is crypto currency and it is easily changeable to any other currency so if you have bitcoin then you can change it through some local exchange in to your desirable currency and can use this money for your work.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:59:01 PM

In my opinion Yes, Bitcoin is money because i can buy things i want using Bitcoin of course i need to exchange it first to cash but that is easy to do as long as you have a virtual debit card like wirex. You can exchange Bitcoin to any currency fast and easy and used that virtual card to shop online.

Yes me too, I agree that it is a money, money in the internet that you can use to buy things you wanted online. Bitcoin already help many people, for there financial and everything they need. Some other people tell that Bitcoin make them rich, On the very first place I got really confused about this but when I already know the uses of bitcoin then I was really surprise. Bitcoin can exchange into cash like what they say and that was a very big help for us.
Bitcoin is cryptocurrency so you can exchange it to other currencies anytime. You only need to find buyer in exchange, all functions from exchange can provide you a services automatic convert to FIAT with low risk. Bitcoin can helps owner become the rich because they could holding Bitcoin with cheap price before its value increases.

Early birds of bitcoin is damn lucky especially when they still hold until now their bitcoin and sitting on their profit as we know the fact that bitcoin price before isn't that attractive. Bitcoin is money or a currency for me that it help me supporting my financial needs.

McKane

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:54:43 PM

you should read about BTC on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin, then u read the meaning of cryptocurrency on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin.
BTC is a digital payment system, i think it has same function like money, because money is also use for payment.
maybe BTC not money, because it's digital money and working without a central.
anyone agree with me?  Grin please correct me if i did wrong, by PM me or reply  Grin Grin
Cash is utilized for each reason cash is utilized for business for looking for installments yet now bitcoins is likewise utilized for looking for business for charge installments that is the reason bitcoins is additionally cash however Bitcoin is more protected then the cash so I'll be incline toward additional on bitcoins then cash in light of the fact that Bitcoin most secure cryprocurrency.

IBMINER DONE A GOOD JOB. I learned a lesson from him. He gave me negative trust just because i was dealing with account seller. To buy an account.
Sexie

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:02:49 PM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:   I agree to that bitcoin is not money.I just kind of a modern way  of payments.

• 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
    • 2. Wealth reckoned in terms of money; "all his money is in real estate".
    • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
    • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
    • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
    • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
    [links omitted]
    [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
    --------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
    SilverChromia

Activity: 357

View Profile
    November 19, 2017, 10:26:13 AM

Of course bitcoin is also a money but like we all know we just see it only first in numbers because of its digitality or digital features thats why they called it digital currency or cryptocurrency. If we will talk about money they are also same with currency. we all call it money but in the end we all people have all different currency because were all from different countries so bitcoin is a kind of currency thats is why bitcoin is also a money because it has also a value and we exchange it them for our own currency to buy things.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
    ██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
      ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
    Trela
    Legendary

Activity: 1106
    Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
    November 19, 2017, 05:13:03 PM

In my opinion Yes, Bitcoin is money because i can buy things i want using Bitcoin of course i need to exchange it first to cash but that is easy to do as long as you have a virtual debit card like wirex. You can exchange Bitcoin to any currency fast and easy and used that virtual card to shop online.

Yes me too, I agree that it is a money, money in the internet that you can use to buy things you wanted online. Bitcoin already help many people, for there financial and everything they need. Some other people tell that Bitcoin make them rich, On the very first place I got really confused about this but when I already know the uses of bitcoin then I was really surprise. Bitcoin can exchange into cash like what they say and that was a very big help for us.
    Bitcoin is cryptocurrency so you can exchange it to other currencies anytime. You only need to find buyer in exchange, all functions from exchange can provide you a services automatic convert to FIAT with low risk. Bitcoin can helps owner become the rich because they could holding Bitcoin with cheap price before its value increases.

Early birds of bitcoin is damn lucky especially when they still hold until now their bitcoin and sitting on their profit as we know the fact that bitcoin price before isn't that attractive. Bitcoin is money or a currency for me that it help me supporting my financial needs.
    In my opinion, no one can holds all Bitcoin bought at few cents and still holding it until today. Everyone needs to has money for the life and for such a long time like that, no one can does that unless this person is the psychic. Roll Eyes

██
               ████ ▄▄▄
              ██  ▄██▄█
             ██ ▄█▀██
            ██▄█▀   ██
           ███▀      ██
         ▄██         ██
       ▄█
    ██            ██
    █▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
    ▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
      ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
     ███████████████▀▀███████
                       █▄█
    Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
    50 Million
    Global Users
    !     ▐█████▄
         ███████▌
        ▐███████
     ███
    ████████████▄▄▄
    ▐██
    █████████████████▄
    ███
    ██████████████████
     ▀
    ████████▀▀▀████████
     ▐███████    ████████
     ████████    ███████▀
    █████████▄▄████████▀
    ██████████████████▀
     ██████████████▀▀
      ▀▀███████▀▀▀
    LISTED ON               
    bithum &
    bithum Global
    supine

Activity: 1036
    Merit: 109

View Profile
    November 19, 2017, 06:51:12 PM

Bitcoin functions like money, it can be earned because you can work for it and get paid using it, and it can be used to buy things like how money is used. Also, you can use it for gambling the same with money. But, the thing about bitcoin is it is best when there is internet unlike money that we can use regularly.
    NikolayRaev

Activity: 30

View Profile
    November 19, 2017, 07:54:52 PM

In order for a payment instrument to be full-fledged money, it must perform the same functions as ordinary money (a measure of value, a medium of circulation, a means of accumulation, a means of payment, world money).

As can be seen, Bitcoin has all of the listed functions. It is known that like a dollar that is divided into cents, Bitcoin is divided into virtual coins (satoshi). The transfer of digital money is carried out by sending from one electronic store to another. The analog of the traditional wallet has cryptographic protection.
    piter66

Activity: 294
    Merit: 16

View Profile
    November 20, 2017, 07:26:26 AM

Bitcoin is a crypto currency and it is easily changeable to any other currency. So if anyone want to used bitcoin for buying something then I will tell him that bitcoin is not accepting directly now in mostly places you need to convert bitcoin in to your desire currency.
    Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
    Merit: 506

View Profile
    November 22, 2017, 06:29:41 AM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:
      • 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
      • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
      • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
      • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
      • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
      [links omitted]
      [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

Of course yes bitcoin is money we all know that this is a digital currency but if you convert it into real money  it will called money because you can use this to buy anything  .
      Ultimately you can say it is form of money that can only be manipulated and operated online. You can’t see it but it has a huge value. On internet when you are transacting bitcoin, you never see any solid thing transferring from one account to another as fiat money in banks rather there is just a message box and everything is just done. So bitcoin is money yes, and it really amazing.
      19faraon88

Activity: 252
      Merit: 12

View Profile
      November 22, 2017, 06:40:39 AM

If we buy something using bitcoin, it means bitcoin is like money. Also Bitcoin can be change to our Country's currency, if we wants.
      Negyma

Activity: 35

View Profile
      November 22, 2017, 06:43:38 AM

yes bitcoin is money . money on internet that you need to have some time to focus on .
      CryptoTrip

Activity: 476
      Merit: 100

View Profile
      November 22, 2017, 06:51:56 AM

So why is bitcoin not money, if it's already possible to buy goods. At my country already cars sell for bitcoins. Many online stores already sell their goods for bitcoins, and also provide services. Although the laws of bitcoin have not yet been settled.

TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
      Merit: 281

View Profile
      November 22, 2017, 06:56:42 AM

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:
        [links omitted]
        [/list]

Bitcoin is a money! Many people are now using bitcoin because it is a digital money.  We can now use bitcoin to pay our bills. I know that many stores and businesses will accept bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
        ███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
        █████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
        ███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
        ███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
        █████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
        ███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
        █████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
        ███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
        ███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                              ▄██▄
        ██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                          ▄██████████▄
          ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
                      ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
                    ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
                   ██████████ ████████ ██████
                    ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
        █████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                        ▀██▄███████████▀
          ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                            ▀██████▀
                              ▀██▀
        ██████
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██████
        ██████
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██
        ██████
        Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
          Print  

Jump to: