Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:07:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112091 times)
subitlist

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:51:52 AM

bitcoin is not money but it is an asset
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreenPowerRanger

Activity: 223

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:19:21 PM

The definition of money Says: Money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a particular country or socio-economic context. So which of this stuff you cant do with Bitcoin? You can do everything, and thats why it is money.
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

I can say that it is money I even use it in buying thing here outside even without cash I can buy things online pay like a business man with money through online and you can even use for investment to offer and make it a transaction fees.
Definitely bitcoin is a money, it is a money in a sense that it is used already as a mode of payment in some online shopping, gambling or even drugs. Bitcoin is a money but through a online site which is also called digital currency or cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is a money, a digital money rather that can also be converted into fiat to be able to use by anyone in their respective countries like mine.
If Bitcoin is not money, why do we call it is currency haha? But it is just different normally currency or digital currency by its nature. The nature of Bitcoin does not depend on the government while other currencies are affected by the rule of government and control by third person or service.
JuliaEnnyPen

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:30:12 PM

Yes. At the time of its invention in 2009, Bitcoin was the greatest form of money the world had ever seen.

Since that time, many other brands have emerged, some with minor improvements. But they all share the same basic properties of the original. So now we can just say that “cryptocurrency” is the best form of money, and this includes Bitcoin.
g4vinshreds

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

Trader

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:28:51 PM

Practically money,  it's not green paper,  but it's able to be used as money and has value,  so I don't think that many people here will tell you that bitcoin isn't at least similar to money.

paaatrisya

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:06:55 AM

Bitcoin is now the best-performing currency. Keep in mind, Bitcoin is digital and backed by nothing, just like our dollar once we went off the gold standard in 1971. Also keep in mind that Bitcoin does not exist in the physical form like silver and gold.
Bitcoininvestment

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:27:59 AM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:
    • 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
    • 2. Wealth reckoned in terms of money; "all his money is in real estate".
    • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
    • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
    • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
    • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
    [links omitted]
    [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

Yes bitcoin is money because here in bitcoin you can earn money which is also abtcoin. It helps the people in their life because if you are a user of it there is alot of benefit that you can get in bitcoin.

btccointalk

Activity: 336
    Merit: 20

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 06:32:09 AM

Yes, bitcoin is a kind of money which is going to be very popular in coming future.

Saveplus

Activity: 322
    Merit: 107

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 06:34:39 AM

Bitcoin is money for me especially it helps many people to earn and reduces unemployment in bitcoin they have a job and they can pay their expenses through earning on it.Bitcoin can be our second currency in the near future because of its price  that increases higher.
    kissme09

Activity: 658

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 06:48:02 AM

The bitcoin is money, as it can be used to pay for any kind of expense and this is what money can do.

bukikbarisan

Activity: 119

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 07:09:26 AM

gold and bitcoin are very different but can be made with money. You can not buy most goods and services with gold. Gold is a commodity, dollars are money.
    Bitcoin is the digital currency. It has more in common with paypal than with dollars or with gold.
    Sanitough

Activity: 2828
    Merit: 673

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 11:26:36 AM

The bitcoin is money, as it can be used to pay for any kind of expense and this is what money can do.
    As of now, there's are only few people who are accepting bitcoin and not everything we like can be purchase with bitcoin.
    We are still in the stage where people are slowly noticing bitcoin and that would not mean they will automatically adopt, there will a lot of questions in their minds and only by educating them will make them confident with using bitcoin.

..BITWINUP..
    ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄████████████████▄
    ▄██████░░██░░████████▄
    ██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
    █████████░░████▄░░████████
    ▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
    ▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
    ▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
    ███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
    ██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
    ▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀
    UP OR DOWN?
    .BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
    ▄███████████████████████▄
    ██                     ██
    ██  █████████████████  ██
    ██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
    █▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
    ██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
    ██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
    ██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
    ███████████████████████████
    MONTHLY
    JACKPOT
    ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
    ▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
    ▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
    ████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
    █████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
    ▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
    ▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
    ▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▀▀█████████▀▀
    .Play to earn Crypto.
    Bitcoinstein

Activity: 46
    Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
    November 25, 2017, 11:27:36 AM

Bitcoin is a digital store of value, it is not defined as "money" by the books.
    But well... seems that it gives other advantages to the word money that we know Smiley
    sinta23

Activity: 668

DogData

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 12:12:08 PM

As of now, there's are only few people who are accepting bitcoin and not everything we like can be purchase with bitcoin.
    We are still in the stage where people are slowly noticing bitcoin and that would not mean they will automatically adopt, there will a lot of questions in their minds and only by educating them will make them confident with using bitcoin.
    if that may be quite difficult and needs a process, as many countries also have not agreed that bitcoin exists and is used for buying and selling. so it takes a process to do that.

shalnark

Activity: 196
    Merit: 121

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 12:30:29 PM

I think bitcoin is not money, but bitcoin can be converted into money. bitcoin is not the same as money because bitcoin there is no serial number, bitcoin is also not physical like money.
    Bitcoin is qualifies as money, the characteristic is better than fiat. I think serial number of paper money will not make it non counterfeitable. It's also easy to carry and safe. Bitcoin is money, it is virtual global currency.
    yes there is no doubt that bitcoin is money, although it is a digital currency and we can only use it for online purposes, but still it can fulfill our needs that we can also fulfill using our fiat currency. i am sure that in future the use of bitcoin as currency will be increasing, because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time and now people are showing more interest in bitcoin.
    For me bitcoin can be converted to real money, thats why many people really think that bitcoin is money. I believe also on this fact that bitcoin is money, even there's no physical look like money. Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency that we can use already as a mode of payment in some online shopping. Aside from that bitcoin is capable to exchange and sell for real cash money. Bitcoin is also useable like money and bitcoin can we use to help our real life needs.
    marjohn

Activity: 50

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 01:02:02 PM

As for my side, bitcoin is money,  the "new money".

It turns out into digital money.

"A current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively."

Bitcoining is what we do, we exchange it into money with the use of those pawnshops and other exchange materials.
    Even shits could turn into money, depends on how we perceptionize things.
    Depends on how our unique minds can turn it into one.
    Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 06:28:44 PM

In order for a payment instrument to be full-fledged money, it must perform the same functions as ordinary money (a measure of value, a medium of circulation, a means of accumulation, a means of payment, world money).

As can be seen, Bitcoin has all of the listed functions. It is known that like a dollar that is divided into cents, Bitcoin is divided into virtual coins (satoshi). The transfer of digital money is carried out by sending from one electronic store to another. The analog of the traditional wallet has cryptographic protection.
    Yes off course bitcoin is money and you can use it your daily expanse such as you can buy food and clothes and also you can pay all your bills and now I’m using bitcoin for my tuition fees as well and in my country bitcoin is now almost acceptable in anywhere because from last five months I’m using bitcoin in different restaurants and now it’s also using in charity and in donation as well to many organizations so yes it’s a currency and very use full to use.
    mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
    Merit: 20

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 06:40:36 PM

Yes, bitcoin is a kind of money which is going to be very popular in coming future.
    Bitcoin is money for sure. It has many advantages that we all like. Specifically the convenience to buy or pay something. Its the counterpart of our fiat money. The fiat money is the physical money while bitcoin is the digital money.
    ultraminer11

Activity: 106
    Merit: 12

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 06:47:27 PM

Yes exactly the Bitcoin the bitcoin is digital money the one we cannot touch or feel physically but we take all the same functions from it which tangible or physical money performs. Many of us still don’t understand when they ask about the BTC if it is money or not. Most of us consider only the physical one money.
    lani123lani

Activity: 719

ORBIS PLATFORM

View Profile
    November 25, 2017, 08:02:14 PM

Bitcoin money, like gold, you can not buy most goods and services, with gold, or bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
      Print  

Jump to: