Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:25:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin money?  (Read 112095 times)
cryptojoe

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:58:26 PM

Bitcoins is a digital currency called cryptocurreny.
piter66

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:30:42 AM

bitcoin is more than money in my opinion.bitcoin is getting popular and its value also increased.many people are earning money from bitcoin and run their life.so bitcoin is money without any question.
Define more than money please. Like that’s just wishful thinking at this point which is just confusing the hell out of me for real
zzxswqq

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:05:34 AM

yes I think bitcoin can be called a currency or gold

because everyone playing a bitcoin just chases money to earn a living on their own or family. Because bitcoin is a convertible currency to philippines or philippines to bitcoin. maybe bitcoin can also be called a money or gold because Another site paid bitcoin not money
That’s exactly what the “goal” of BITCOIN is this, the entire point of cryptocurrency is to become currency not just investment objects
Kamal.strong365

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:17:11 AM

I thinks, bitcoin is money but not in physical form like fiat that we can actually hold or carry. However, you can buy some physical items which have bitcoin addresses stored on them, bitcoin has a price that today may cost more than gold.
Bituwang

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:52:55 AM

No. It is currently useless  for everyday transaction so it is in no way can be called "money" . It is an investment commodity.
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:45:34 AM

Bitcoin is indeed money. In fact, Global money !  Roll Eyes

I treat Bitcoin as money. This is a crypto currency that has the properties of ordinary money, but it also has many advantages.
danie161

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:54:25 AM

Bitcoin is a cash or we can state another sort of cash yet the diverse thing is.
Taskford

Activity: 2548
Merit: 795

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:47:17 AM

Bitcoin is a form of money but it is more on being an investment for me, i don't think that bitcoin is a money anymore because a money can be spend anytime without having some problems but bitcoin is still has its problem like the fees and also the slow network which is not acceptable for a money and bitcoin is just serving us as an asset because the price is keep on growing.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:52:21 AM

Bitcoin is something radically new. Nothing like Bitcoin has been possible until now. I would go so far as to consider it sui generis; "in its own class".  This makes it important to understand what Bitcoin actually is before we try to describe it to others.

We're getting a good handle on the code, and of course on Bitcoin's function and utility, but what words should we use to describe Bitcoin itself? There has been some debate in other threads [mostly my doing] over how it is like/not like money, cash, dollars, etc. I'd like to start this thread by focusing on the term "money", and play Devil's avocate by asking for your best arguments that Bitcoin IS money.

My legal dictionary states "In usual and ordinary acceptation it [money] means gold, silver, or paper money, used as circulating medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes, bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or real estate." [cites omitted]

Wikipedia says "Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, occasionally, a standard of deferred payment." [cited omitted]

Webster's Online Dictionary defines money as:
    • 1. The most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender; "we tried to collect the money he owed us".
    • 2. Wealth reckoned in terms of money; "all his money is in real estate".
    • 3. The official currency issued by a government or national bank; "he changed his money into francs".
    • 4. A piece of metal, as gold, silver, copper, etc., coined, or stamped, and issued by the sovereign authority as a medium of exchange in financial transactions between citizens and with government; also, any number of such pieces; coin.
    • 5. Any written or stamped promise, certificate, or order, as a government note, a bank note, a certificate of deposit, etc., which is payable in standard coined money and is lawfully current in lieu of it; in a comprehensive sense, any currency usually and lawfully employed in buying and selling.
    • 6. In general, wealth; property; as, he has much money in land, or in stocks; to make, or lose, money.
    [links omitted]
    [/list]

I maintain that per these definitions, Bitcoin cannot possibly be described as "money". And further, I think that those who do describe Bitcoin as "money" are doing this community a disservice.

But that is just my point of view. Are there any that can convincingly argue otherwise, that Bitcoin IS money?

Nope. But it turns out to be money hahaXd
    beezare

Activity: 392
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    January 17, 2018, 09:56:22 AM

I think bitcoin is digital currency and it can be said as money but not used as official currency, because bitcoin can be used as payment
    drunkcoin

Activity: 70

View Profile
    January 17, 2018, 10:00:09 AM

Bitcoin is not money at all. Other altcoin are not money too. Why? Lemme explain. Money aka currency should be accepted EVERYWHERE as a payment method, it should be easy to use, it should be stable enough. Cryptocurrencies are accepted only is a few popular companies worldwide, they are still hard to use if you are not really into computers and also they are too volatile.
    handsomes

Activity: 238

View Profile
    January 17, 2018, 11:48:31 AM

My answer is if you trade the bitcoin in money maybe want a money because the bitcoin many source in the world, Yes is bitcoin money co'z the amount the bitcoin or value the bitcoin is higher than money/fiat in the world the beautiful ones there use bitcoin in exchange for money even in different countries so it's important or appreciate bitcoin if you can collect them.
    Dagser

Activity: 35

View Profile
    January 17, 2018, 12:05:03 PM

I'm paying some stuff with Bitcoin directly so yes for me it is money.
    It is truth that Bitcoin and any other cryptocurrency is not technically in the stage where we all could use it as a money, but soon.
    bitcoinajax455

Activity: 154

View Profile
    January 17, 2018, 12:06:46 PM

In my own opinion bitcoin is a money, if we talk about people who are using enternet. Its the other way of sources of income, and for the companies who accepted bitcoin for investment comodity. Bitcoin is a currency and speaking of currency it is money.
    lampukoe lumo

Activity: 182
    Merit: 20

View Profile
    January 17, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

+1 agree that it is not money.  However, if it was a pure commodity then it would necessarily require some (even minimal) use value, beyond an exchange value.  Right now bitcoins have a 0% use-value and a 100% exchange value (eg, if they could not be exchanged for something else, they would merely be taking up space on our harddrives and are inherently useless, like random chunks of data).
    Yes, I also agree with your opinion, Bitcoin is not money but bitcoin can be used as a means of payment, and the bitcoin exchange rate is huge, and most people around the world consider bitcoin is a type of digital money and a means of payment.
    ejswift

Activity: 253

View Profile
    January 17, 2018, 12:09:36 PM

Yes bitcoin is a money but it is very unique its the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world i wonder how is that happen and this token can brig you to a successful future so invest now

kache2018

Activity: 112

View Profile
    January 17, 2018, 12:22:25 PM

Bitcoin is equivalent to money, it is a protocol, a computer network and so many more.
    Actually, bitcoin is a digital currency,  it can transfer money from one person to another and it doesn’ t have any physical existence but it can be used for payment, in stores who are accepting bitcoins.                                        
     It is equal to real money since you can exchange the bitcoin with real money while trading and all, but I think it is better to call it “digital coins”.
    sanjay6121

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
    January 17, 2018, 12:57:10 PM

the bitcoin is actually not a money its called commodity the bitcoin is accepted in many countries for goods and sevices we can not use bitcoin for all kind of transactions many people invest in bitcoin for make profit.
    Kuya Kim

Activity: 160
    Merit: 14

View Profile
    January 18, 2018, 01:41:31 PM

Bitcoin is equivalent to money, it is a protocol, a computer network and so many more.
    Actually, bitcoin is a digital currency,  it can transfer money from one person to another and it doesn’ t have any physical existence but it can be used for payment, in stores who are accepting bitcoins.                                        
     It is equal to real money since you can exchange the bitcoin with real money while trading and all, but I think it is better to call it “digital coins”.

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. It could be use for investment or for online payment  But it could be mean money in a way that it  mcould be converted into physical money.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
    ▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
    ▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
    Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    January 18, 2018, 02:13:27 PM

I think bitcoin is money even better than money, when the value of money remains and does not change, bitcoin value continues to rise following the number of users who also rose.

███
                 █████
                ███████
               █████████
              ███████████
             █████████████
            ███████ ███████
           ███████   ███████
          ███████     ███████
         ███████       ███████
        ███████         ███████
       ███████           ███████
      ███████             ███████
     █████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████
    M!RACLE TELE
    BRINGING MAGIC
    TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    40% Biweekly Rewards
    ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
    Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
          ██         ██     
            ▀▌     ▐▀       
           ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
         ▄█████████████     
       ▄█████████████████▄   
      ██████▄██████▄██████  
     ▐█████████████████████▌
      ██████▀███████▀██████ 
      █████   █████   █████  
      █████████████████████  
      █████████████████    
        ███████████████    
     ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
          ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
           ▄█       █▄
    ANN
    Lightpaper
    Bounty
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Telegram
    Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
      Print  

Jump to: