Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:56:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ GameCredits - The future of in-game monetization ★★★  (Read 550088 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (30 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 01:33:55 AM

Any update?

As much as you are waiting for updates, there hasn't been much discussion about Gamecredits since the launch of the Turbocharged Grand Prix. Does anybody know when does the GP competition end? All of this was exciting, but the game still has a few bugs to be fixed. Sometimes, I wonder why GMC is undervalued. Price is extremely cheap.  Sad
Bcoz POW thats why..  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabenewell

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 12:46:58 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 12:59:05 PM by gabenewell

Any update?

As much as you are waiting for updates, there hasn't been much discussion about Gamecredits since the launch of the Turbocharged Grand Prix. Does anybody know when does the GP competition end? All of this was exciting, but the game still has a few bugs to be fixed. Sometimes, I wonder why GMC is undervalued. Price is extremely cheap.  Sad
Bcoz POW thats why..  Smiley

Maybe someone try to keep it low ?
Or sell most GMC ~@2000 with profit,if i look GMC blockchain most new GMC goes to one Address.

New GMC goes to = GSmntW1c9CTH8aySaFGY8Kou8E47v41thf this GMC will send to > GgDV9dzLNct4vitPAozZShYBx5nnV7ULop
Total Received    1159449.6755076 GMC
Total Sent    905234.9519975 GMC
Final Balance    254214.7235101 GMC

From there GMC > Poloniex wallets ?

55699.99 GMC (U) GSy2mx5KMGf24soJuVYwjxY17RrSpKPnef
200697.48979432 GMC (U) GT1H9J3qdnGpQ81jPXXr1PJ7gGXKGNeLiN

Best,
Lord Gabe

You're right.I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a fuck.
gabenewell

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 12:49:57 PM

The pool and block explorer went down last night some time while I slept. Discovered it this morning. It has been reset, but I can't determine exactly what time it happened. Everything should be fine in about an hour.

GameCredits Blockchain down again ....... Angry

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:57:20 PM

The pool and block explorer went down last night some time while I slept. Discovered it this morning. It has been reset, but I can't determine exactly what time it happened. Everything should be fine in about an hour.

I assume you mean the block explorer?

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
gabenewell

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 03:10:59 PM

I assume you mean the block explorer?

yeah i was in a rush Wink

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:18:24 PM

Hi Nele, Alex, and GameCredits community.

I just wanted to let you know that GameCredits is mentioned in the latest DCEBrief article.

Are Your Kids Ready For Satoshi Math?

http://dcebrief.com/are-your-kids-ready-for-satoshi-math/

Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 08:49:13 PM

Sorry, guys, my time is extremely limited right now. I'll look into it again. I am going to switch explorers here shortly, but until then, I'll just keep resetting it. The pool's block height is usually correct, unless the BE takes out the whole server. Something has gone wrong with the MongoDB, and I can't figure out what.

gabenewell

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 09:46:08 PM

Sorry, guys, my time is extremely limited right now. I'll look into it again. I am going to switch explorers here shortly, but until then, I'll just keep resetting it. The pool's block height is usually correct, unless the BE takes out the whole server. Something has gone wrong with the MongoDB, and I can't figure out what.

I will send you what you need for GameCredits insight API v0.2.18,but will take some time.

neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 10:07:44 PM

I just wanted to let you know that GameCredits is mentioned in the latest DCEBrief article.

Smiley Smiley

Thanks Chase,
and big thanks to DCEBRIEF!
Like always,you are doing great job for crypto industry!

Nele

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:49:45 AM

Any updates for GameCredits, had to look all the way back to Page 10 to find the thread  Huh

GMC has accomplished quite a lot until now and keeps delivering. I think it is safe to assume, they're working hard on the items in the roadmap:

Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 02:01:21 PM

Smiley Smiley

That is nice  Smiley

As for those commenting on the price, it is really not hard to explain .. for me at least  Wink

2) Scrypt PoW coins got mined to death with LTC halving and subsequent LTC dump from 0.024 to 0.0125 and 0.008 that is now. --- anything remotely more profitable than LTC gets hashed until it isn't.

1) Cryptsy's bot dumped coins from craptsy to Poloniex over 2-3 days .. 70 coins every 30 seconds if price stayed up. That was the drop from 5k to 2.5k. I worked it out at over half a million GMC at least.

-- There is no reason GMC to be locked on Craptsy now, GMC was not even listed on Cryptsy in 2014 when the Lucky7 "hack" happened, so there is absolutely no reason wallet is still not open .........
......... apart from the little problem for Vern not being able to buy back the coins he dumped in an attempt to crash the price to profit.

Come to http://coinfestuk.org/ Cool

And we've got to add ROKOS to the list of achievements  Grin

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:13:55 PM

great so in 3 week new site and game for Gamecredit

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
gabenewell

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 07:41:29 AM

And mobile wallets  Cheesy

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:56:18 PM

Good because I am going to buy some Gamecredits before price goes up. GMC is dirt cheap right now and it could be the perfect opportunity to grab some profit. Any info on Turbocharged game like when will GP competition end? The game still has a few bugs but it is fun to play  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 08:13:43 AM

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gaming-blockchain-trillion-dollar-jackpot-part-1-1542297

Gaming on the blockchain – the trillion dollar jackpot.

.... .... .... ...

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:37:21 AM

As I see some comments over the last few pages of this thread questioning why the price is stagnating and doubting that the development roadmap will be completed on time, I feel compelled to (perhaps) shed some light and transparency on the GMC project from someone in a unique position.

I found GMC a year ago in a strange way. A person I respected at the time (not anymore) asked me to buy a large amount from the original developer of GMC (now long gone). It was "pumped" to me as a no-brainer investment and the amount I was asked to invest (10 btc) was just a very small % of my overall btc/crypto portfolio. So I invested understanding the risks. A few weeks later that developer ran off with the money, my "friend" dump his coin, the price dumped and I was left holding the bags. Oh well, shame on me for trusting someone in crypto, right?

So then a funny thing happened. A couple of months later Neleonele PMed me and asked me if wanted to join the new GameCredits slack. He said he had heard I was a whale (10 btc bought a lot of GMC back in that day) and said he wanted me to join the Slack channel for privileged inside information. I said "sure" as I was interested in learning what was happening with the "new" devs of GMC. Initially I was impressed with the enthusiasm and politeness of the very small group of slack invitees. But it became clear very quickly that I had been invited so that I would not "dump" my coins as the price rose. In fact I was asked by Neleonele on several occasions to be a part of setting a buy wall on Poloniex to influence the price upwards. As I am not known as a pump and dumper, and wasnt sure what his motives were, I kept finding excuses to say "no."  

However, over time I came to believe (still do) that Neleonele's heart in is the right place while his brain is a little naive. At any rate, not all was bad - this is NOT a post to slam GMC or its leadership. I also came to learn that the vast majority of GMC is owned by a very small group of core "whales" and the GMC foundation. It also seems very apparent to me that none of these whales have any desire to sell (unless there are much higher prices $1+). What does this mean? Well, for one it creates a unique situation in crypto as the actually supply to be bought is MUCH smaller than it appears from the historical emission rate. Meaning, there really isn't a lot of  GMC available to buy.  From an investor standpoint that is a really good thing.

However, I also learned first hand about the personality and culture of the small group of whales that control this coin. First, Neleonele is especially untrusting of people in crypto and bitcointalk. I think its safe to say that many other in the core group also share his sentiments. From what I was told directly, GMCs plans for expansion do not necessarily include members of the crypto community here on bitcointalk. Not that someone here would not be welcomed - of course, the more the merrier - just that someone looking for lots of information and interaction on this thread probably should not EXPECT it. Crypto enthusiasts are a bit down the list on the GMC foundation priority list.

From everything Neleonele shared directly with me, GMCs plan is to expand in current non-crypto gaming environments first and foremost. That is the priority.

My time on Slack ended unceremoniously in case you are wondering. Because the "trader" side of me is always weighing risk vs. reward, I liked the idea of a limited supply of coin. I sold only enough to recover my initial 10 btc investment. However, I wanted to become a more active part of the community and share the talents I feel like I have acquired in my business life (fairly successful owner of both online and offline businesses over the last 20+ years).  However, Neleonele and I butted heads on occasion, mainly because of what I saw as a distrust he had in me - due to the fact that I have been involved in the Nxt community. I am still unsure why that is a reason to distrust a person, but that fact does not change reality. It became increasingly clear that Neleonele was more interested in having me set buy walls, making sure I didn't dump, and asking me for donations towards conferences, etc. He was not interested in my opinions or any experience I might have to bring to the table.

A few months ago Neleonele ask me to donate to travel expenses for the San Diego conference where two GMC speakers gave a presentation. I declined for a couple of reasons that I won't go into. A few days later I was banned from GMC slack without warning or explanation.

Take this story for what its worth. For my part, I just believe transparency is always the best. And I wanted to share some with those of you interested in the coin.

If you want a be a part of team that has some unique qualities and aspirations and like the fact that there is a very limited supply of this coin, it may be a good investment for you. If you are looking for calender milestones to be met on time, high level communication on an ANN thread or leaders that are putting a lot of time into developing a large crypto bitcointalk community then you are probably going to be disappointed.

If you have any questions for me feel free to PM as I do not want to derail this thread with specific discussions. Hopefully this post gives you a little more insight into the inner workings of GMC.

dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:00:51 PM

@windjc

Thanks for the post! From what i know (from another person) everything is right you said. Still a good project with its flaws. But i like it  Smiley

ps: Everytime i hear GMC i have to think about a person........ Shame on you, N*'th*'n!

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 01:16:25 PM

I have been familiar with this project even before it was taken up by this group. I did not have a negative experience with them (from the outside perspective), but as often happens with communities, fractures happen. These guys seem to approach this coin more as a business, so I can understand a crypto enthusiast is perhaps less enthusiastic. Smiley

I see my GMC in this case as a share in the future of this team and intent on holding. I appreciate feedback like that of windjc though, as it might make a good team even better Smiley

mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:35:20 PM

considering the ones talking in this thread are , i know for sure , the only whales of this coin,
i commend the frankness of windjc ,
what to say yes every thing starting from polo as always , i was there and the first to make my post on BCT of the start of GMC story , i can relate but well i don't trade the things i have
just to take back what i paid for it so i hope your stash is within my wallet (and as i know the stash of someone else is already part of my collection ), the trader game will get money flowing as they say.

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
Varvarin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 09:20:51 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 11:54:16 PM by Varvarin

If you have any questions for me feel free to PM as I do not want to derail this thread with specific discussions. Hopefully this post gives you a little more insight into the inner workings of GMC.

I will get in touch, not to pester or troll, actually want to make contact with everyone who is worth knowing in crypto. I don't disagree, I do offer another side.

I have met Nele on several occasions now and we have spent a day travelling to a 25 man celebration and meeting back in November that was in honour of webelinx and bluelabs collaboration with GMC. A day to see if we can work with each other. Now that webelinx and bluelabs are public, I can say things.  Smiley

Plenty of unrealistic expectation are placed on devs and no one trusts anyone, which is understandable since we all got scammed at one point or another in this game.
There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on at GMC (which is an incorporated entity in the UK now, I did the formation being an accountant in London). Incorporation was absolutely essential for the ambitions we have, it's no secret GMC has reach from LA to London to Tokyo, via Serbia.

I can't say there is no manipulation going on, there always is and always will be in crypto. However, with GMC it was always in the open, from January 2015 the devs and backers openly said all the 200 satoshi GMC is going to the Foundation, paid for with BTC on the market at the time, right out in the open for over 6 months. Anyone who cared and believed, would have bought then and waited for the inevitable pump once dumpers get fully bought out.

What happened since November price crash has nothing to do with GMC team and all to do with Vern using exchange funds to pump n dump coins, I alerted Nele to the professional bot dumping GMC 70 coins every 30 seconds and .... let's say Polo noticed. GMC stagnated completely then, while everything was double price at Cryptsy .. no one was sending GMC there and price just did not move for a month. - Everyone I spoke to with sizeable GMC holding was asking "who dumped?"

Without going into TL:DR wall, while I do believe in $1 GMC, even that is small thinking.

I did not link the trillion dollar post above for nothing, gaming and crypto are perfect for each other. As an accountant who plays games and uses Steam often, I hate free to play games but I do know why they are priced the way they are. If only 3-5% of your customers are prepared to pay $30-100 for a free to play game, you have to price it high. Now if paying in GMC (forget BTC for in-game purchases), say 50% of your player base is willing to fork out $1-5, no need to put $30 - $100 items in game and go pay to win.

---- that alone is worth game developer companies doing a bit of R&D and that is why webelinx is working with GameCredits. GMC is a gaming company working with crypto, not a crypto coin looking to do gaming.  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: