Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:29:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 204 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ GameCredits - The future of in-game monetization ★★★  (Read 550085 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (30 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
schnidl

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

POS killed the POW-star

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:09:50 PM

Is there a 100% secure webwallet, so that i don't have to download the blockchain? Or is this not possible, do i have to download the blockchain if i want it 100% safety?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jack Kuveke

Activity: 630
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:13:17 PM

Is there a 100% secure webwallet, so that i don't have to download the blockchain? Or is this not possible, do i have to download the blockchain if i want it 100% safety?

Thanks
100% safety is never a guarantee on any web wallet. Our last web wallet was online for a year and a half and didn't have a single hack. But with that said, cold storage is always the best option for safety, so downloading the wallet on an outside drive is probably the safest bet. I personally use a mixture of wallet types for any coin I invest in.
Tradingriver

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:16:12 AM

looks that the explorer sites are not working at least if i klick from coinmarketcap.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 09:10:23 AM

looks that the explorer sites are not working at least if i klick from coinmarketcap.

https://gamecredits.com/explorer  has not been there for months.

and  https://gamecredits.net/explorer  has been down (presumably DDOS) connecting to Cloudflare for a few days.

Somewhat disturbing, as there as not been a fix, although I realise these sites may be out of support.  Is there a new, working Explorer ?
shavers

Activity: 439
Merit: 288

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:18:07 AM

https://gamecredits.com/explorer  has not been there for months.

and  https://gamecredits.net/explorer  has been down (presumably DDOS) connecting to Cloudflare for a few days.

Somewhat disturbing, as there as not been a fix, although I realise these sites may be out of support.  Is there a new, working Explorer ?

Ok, just asked Gliss to fix that link on CMC. .net domain is supported yet there's some hosting related problem since last night.
Anyway you can use new, sleek and sexy BE now: https://blockexplorer.gamecredits.com/ <--- Link can be found on our website
Cheers

Aber wie willst du denn einmal sterben, Narziß, wenn du doch keine Mutter hast?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 09:22:26 AM

Ok, just asked Gliss to fix that link on CMC. .net domain is supported yet there's some hosting related problem since last night.
Anyway you can use new, sleek and sexy BE now: https://blockexplorer.gamecredits.com/ <--- Link can be found on our website
Cheers

Thanks !
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:24:31 AM

Cheers

Thanks !

Pretty busy blockchain, btw. Good to see Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:09:59 PM

The Economics of MobileGo and GameCredits

Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_saWJKtOS8&t=3s

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:41:19 AM

Nice vid ^.
digi123

Activity: 236

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:30:38 AM

1/ why can't the whole game credits be run on smart contract like mobile go?, All in one, Is the pow blockchain game credits, and the smart contract mobile go really necessary??
2/ Is pow really necessary can't mining be part pos and pow combined, pow is shown to be alot of wasted resources, so therefore is it the best way forward? and there may be a better way of mining so those with game cards can mine more efficiently and realisticly earn rewards.

Seems like you started with old tech then put new tech on top of it to make up for what the old tech couldn't handle. Wouldn't it have just been better to start up on completely new tech archetecture and build on it.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:50:13 AM

1/ why can't the whole game credits be run on smart contract like mobile go?, All in one, Is the pow blockchain game credits, and the smart contract mobile go really necessary??
2/ Is pow really necessary can't mining be part pos and pow combined, pow is shown to be alot of wasted resources, so therefore is it the best way forward? and there may be a better way of mining so those with game cards can mine more efficiently and realisticly earn rewards.

Seems like you started with old tech then put new tech on top of it to make up for what the old tech couldn't handle. Wouldn't it have just been better to start up on completely new tech archetecture and build on it.

GameCredits has been in development for 2-3 years, as far as I know the smart contract tech on Ethereum didn't exist when it started.  Also worth noting is there was no ICO, they self-funded with around $2 million.  GameCredits have developed an API allowing for game developers to use GameCredits for in-game payments.  This is I think one of the reasons for sticking with it, as the 'old tech' has been developed upon within GameCredits, so it isn't old anymore.

The two work well together.  Here's the MobileGo white paper (more of a business plan) for more info:
https://mobilego.io/pdf/MobileGo-Whitepaper.pdf

I know I haven't really answered your second question but hopefully someone else can.

Jack Kuveke

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:29:11 PM

GameCredits is VERY good at what it is meant to do. GameCredits is used as a universal in-game currency, that aims to be used for millions on in-game transactions across thousands upon thousands of games. We have built a platform that can handle 70,000 transactions a second, and are ambitiously working to raise that to 500,000 transactions a second. In essence, GameCredits has been built to scale as a method of in-game payment, and critical technologies that have been in development for 2 years have been built around the coin.

MobileGo will be used in COMPLETELY different ways. GameCredits targets the entire nearly 150 billion dollar game/in-game payment industry, while mobilego aims to fix several smaller but still huge billion dollar industries in the gaming industry. GameCredits is still doing exactly what it was always meant to do, MobileGo is simply expanding the market capabilities of our Mobile Store and solving mobile gaming problems that desperately need a fix, and no one else is currently solving.

GameCredits DOES NOT NEED MobileGo. However, we know that by creating MobileGo and these decentralized technologies we can create a symbiotic relationship between the two coins that serve different but unified purposes.
digi123

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:33:36 PM

"GameCredits has been in development for 2-3 years, as far as I know the smart contract tech on Ethereum didn't exist when it started"
I'm just wondering if this may be one of the biggest problems. and
" Also worth noting is there was no ICO, they self-funded with around $2 million.  GameCredits have developed an API allowing for game developers to use GameCredits for in-game payments."  The need to continue building on old tech to be fair to initial considerations.
It ends up being the way you had to do it, and not necessary the best way so now mobile go comes along to try to make up the shortfall and keep relevent in an ever changeing environment.

So at the end of the day whats to stop an overall better designed system to come along and do the job better and leave you way behind because of the way you have you have HAD to develope. What makes you the place that gamers and game developer will come back to?

Is the historic way that you have developed now become obsolete and mobile go is your effort to combat this and is in effect just a patch that will not last to long???

Thanks.
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:58:09 PM

"GameCredits has been in development for 2-3 years, as far as I know the smart contract tech on Ethereum didn't exist when it started"
" Also worth noting is there was no ICO, they self-funded with around $2 million.  GameCredits have developed an API allowing for game developers to use GameCredits for in-game payments."  The need to continue building on old tech to be fair to initial considerations.
It ends up being the way you had to do it, and not necessary the best way so now mobile go comes along to try to make up the shortfall and keep relevent in an ever changeing environment.

So at the end of the day whats to stop an overall better designed system to come along and do the job better and leave you way behind because of the way you have you have HAD to develope. What makes you the place that gamers and game developer will come back to?

Is the historic way that you have developed now become obsolete and mobile go is your effort to combat this and is in effect just a patch that will not last to long???

Thanks.
Ok so you totally misunderstand something here. First of all, GameCredits tech is NOT OUTDATED AT ALL. We're by far the most advanced gaming currency out there, and the only one that has tested products already out on the market and used by thousands of normal gamers. GameCredits was ONLY MEANT to ever be an in-game currency and payment solution for the gaming industry. It serves its' purpose like no other coin could, and development is LITERALLY YEARS ahead of competitors. In less than a month the coin launches as the primary form of payment in the first ever cryptocurrency based Mobile Store, (The GameCredits Store). In the store, gamers can find gamecredits just by playing their games, earn discounts, play in sponsored tournaments and win GAME, and use one single currency for EVERY SINGLE game on the store. These benefits are entirely unique, and no one comes close to our stage in development.

We didn't continue developing with GAME because we "had to be fair to our initial investors", we kept developing with GAME because it's an incredibly fast currency, with a healthy blockchain designed to handle millions of micro transactions, and has an incredible community supporting it. As an in-game currency it's absolutely perfect. Hypothetically we could add smart contract capabilities to GAME with some intense reworking and agreements from our community, however we realized this was an awful idea. Why bring on these capabilities and perhaps jeopardize gamecredits ability to act so was as an in-game currency for smart contract technologies that aren't pertinent to what GAME does? Instead, why don't we create a new coin that will be specifically designed for several decentralized solutions using smart contracts, and isolate what each does so we remain the best in both categories. I can assure you any competitor who tries to do everything under one roof will only complicate their token.

Also, running MobileGo means creating an immense marketing fund that will be used for acquiring millions of gamers to our mobile store, where gamecredits, once again, is the only cryptocurrency for in-game payments. MobileGo is not necessary to continue bringing GameCredits to the world as the best form of in-game payment. However, it will allow us to scale much quicker, develop faster before anyone can come close to catching up, and also provide those decentralized (yet arguably smaller) benefits to the Mobile Store.

digi123

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:25:19 PM

Thanks.
Ok so you totally misunderstand something here. First of all, GameCredits tech is NOT OUTDATED AT ALL. We're by far the most advanced gaming currency out there, and the only one that has tested products already out on the market and used by thousands of normal gamers. GameCredits was ONLY MEANT to ever be an in-game currency and payment solution for the gaming industry. It serves its' purpose like no other coin could, and development is LITERALLY YEARS ahead of competitors. In less than a month the coin launches as the primary form of payment in the first ever cryptocurrency based Mobile Store, (The GameCredits Store). In the store, gamers can find gamecredits just by playing their games, earn discounts, play in sponsored tournaments and win GAME, and use one single currency for EVERY SINGLE game on the store. These benefits are entirely unique, and no one comes close to our stage in development.

We didn't continue developing with GAME because we "had to be fair to our initial investors", we kept developing with GAME because it's an incredibly fast currency, with a healthy blockchain designed to handle millions of micro transactions, and has an incredible community supporting it. As an in-game currency it's absolutely perfect. Hypothetically we could add smart contract capabilities to GAME with some intense reworking and agreements from our community, however we realized this was an awful idea. Why bring on these capabilities and perhaps jeopardize gamecredits ability to act so was as an in-game currency for smart contract technologies that aren't pertinent to what GAME does? Instead, why don't we create a new coin that will be specifically designed for several decentralized solutions using smart contracts, and isolate what each does so we remain the best in both categories. I can assure you any competitor who tries to do everything under one roof will only complicate their token.

Also, running MobileGo means creating an immense marketing fund that will be used for acquiring millions of gamers to our mobile store, where gamecredits, once again, is the only cryptocurrency for in-game payments. MobileGo is not necessary to continue bringing GameCredits to the world as the best form of in-game payment. However, it will allow us to scale much quicker, develop faster before anyone can come close to catching up, and also provide those decentralized (yet arguably smaller) benefits to the Mobile Store.

Thank you for your explanation as to the reasoning and  relevence of game credits and moblie go. It is very interesting to see the developement of this gaming environment and  this means of exchange for game credits and and mobile go. It will be very interesting to see how things develop. It sounds like you are very much on top of what is needed in the gaming environment and have taken into account these considerations along the way of your development path. Let see where it leads. Again thank you for help in understanding what you have done. All the best
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:00:58 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 10:23:26 PM by Jack Kuveke

MobileGo Thunderclap Campaign Giveaway!

UPDATE: We hit over 100 supporters in just three hours! Keep it up everyone Smiley

Support the announcement of the MobileGo thunderclap, and enter to win a piece of 50,000 MobileGo!

Learn more about the campaign here: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/54869-launch-of-mobilego-crowdsale

lfo

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

BNM founder

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2017, 11:11:44 PM

acidpool says they mine gmc, but in reality, they steal your hash, be warned.
GMC2MOONANDMARS

Blocknewsmedia.com
Blocknewsmedia.us
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:09:10 PM

Update on the Thunderclap Campaign and Giveaway!*

We smashed through our goal of 250 supporters in less than 24 hours. We've raised the goal to 500.

Remember. 50 winners will be randomly chosen to receive part of 50,000 MobileGo.

To enter you simply need to agree to a one time message sent out on twitter, facebook, or tumblr.

Thank you for the support!

Campaign link: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/54869-launch-of-mobilego-crowdsale
schnidl

Activity: 164

POS killed the POW-star

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:16:51 PM

Is there any source, where i can download the blockchain quicker than with the local wallet (GameCredits Qt 0.9.5)
Jack Kuveke

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:23:40 PM

Is there any source, where i can download the blockchain quicker than with the local wallet (GameCredits Qt 0.9.5)
If you join our slack https://gamecredits.com/slack.html we can assist you in downloading our bootstrap.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 204 »
  Print  

Jump to: