Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable Bitcoin Price  (Read 13169 times)
MataKhobRazi (OP)

Activity: 876
Merit: 568

( ͡⊙ ͜ʖ ͡⊙)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:39:43 AM

What should be the market cap of bitcoin in your opinion if we want the bitcoin price to be relatively stable and saved from manipulation ?

Bitcoin : The Only One

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitAurum

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:48:26 AM

The market cap should be at least $50,000,000,000 for us to have a bitcoin price that is relatively stable and saved from manipulation.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:52:08 AM

This is never happening.How will the market work if the prices don't flacuate ?There will always be demand for goods which will rise the prices in turn .One has to have a market which has an economy of what 10000 million to achieve a stable rate ?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:59:21 AM

Never. As long as we have the current shitty exchanges, we won't see the manipulation rates even drop 1%. In order to achieve a more stable price, we need to have one global orderbook just like for example the Nasdaq. That's when we will start to see the difference. If nothing happens and we keep the current exchanges, absolutely nothing will change.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:33:55 AM

probably very high in the range of trillion(1T at least), you see gold has 6T and still some volatility, but it's rare and certainly does not happen on a daily basis
Jitmad

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:45:24 AM

When the market cap is so high that no single entity can move the price easily. The market cap can be similar to US debt or $19 trillion.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:30:21 PM

If you view bitcoin relatively to another coin like the US dollar you should ask yourself what is stable.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:30:01 PM

Never. Gold can't pull it off and that's only a few thousand years old and is worth trillions. I don't see how BTC could pull it off as there'll always be national currencies to measure it against.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 01:46:59 PM

it's very unlikely that a higher market cap will fully stabilize the bitcoin price. a higher market cap can make the price more stable, but that's all that's possible. there will always be large players that will and can manipulate bitcoin no matter how big the market cap is.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:08:11 PM

What should be the market cap of bitcoin in your opinion if we want the bitcoin price to be relatively stable and saved from manipulation ?

Much higher as it is now!
But you will never be safe or protected by manipulation.
I mean look how big the traditional markets are and they are all rigged in a way.
But to get rid off of the actual crazy volatility we will need a market cap of several hundreds of billions!
But please keep in mind that there will always be volatility, it just won't that super roller coaster crazy anymore.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:04:26 PM

I think it should be way higher than it is right now, but it's unlikely this will happen

That's just not the way the bitcoin market works. It goes up and goes back down.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:48:22 PM

I think it should be way higher than it is right now, but it's unlikely this will happen

That's just not the way the bitcoin market works. It goes up and goes back down.

Bitcoin is a free market. It's worth what we are willing to pay for it. I know right now the whole market is being controlled by large whales, so we are basically buying at whatever price they want. If they feel they should pump it to $500, then people will buy that. If they see people aren't buying because they pumped the price too high, then the price simply falls back. There is no such thing as stability as long as wealthy traders have the majority of funds and coins.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 02:52:13 PM

Normally the stability of a currency mainly come from the monetary policies created, followed and managed by the owners of it. Which are the States of all the world. They  delegate such power to one monetary Authority which normally is called Central Bank (but not always so; in USA for example is called Federal Reserve). The lasts take care and manage only the national currency. All their work and the structure they have is build to serve this aim. Normally, theoretically, the amount of money in circulation in a given moment must be equals with the overall value of all the good produced and in market and part of those in production in that given moment plus an amount which allow a desired amount of inflation of that currency (all this is very simplified).

Bitcoin have nothing similar. It is a pure product of market which move and play according to the rules and the "caprices" of the free market. Have no owners which can take care of it, have no goods which can justify its existence on the market. Have one particularity which make it very strong. Its flow in the market is constant. So in this case we have an overturned situation compared to the above explained. In the above the money must "follow" the value of goods in the market while in the case of bitcoin is the flow of the amount of bitcoin in the market (which is fixed) which must be followed by everything. This flow, being fixed, is the initial point of everything has to do with bitcoin. With this situation is hard to tell that bitcoin can follow the normal rules followed by the normal currencies in use and issued by the Central Banks.

So no one can know when or if someday bitcoin will have a stable price or less volatile possible. Can be guessed that this may happen with its maximal spread and the possible increase of price. But are only guesses. I, for example, personally believe that bitcoin will have one day a very high price and will be an almost stable currency when it will be in these levels. This is one my hope and maybe conviction given from the facts that it is the first materialized product of a disruptive technology (peer to peer), and above all, because it is in limited number. But i am sure that this cannot be verified if bitcoin will be not regulated by most or majority of the countries. The non legalization will transmute it in a marginal currency mainly used for illegal stuffs and only from people devoted to it. That's all I can tell about your question.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:00:18 PM

If one day that bitcoin will be stable, I want that bitcoin will be 100.000 dollars.
That would be a nice stable money for bitcoin.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:02:56 PM

With my little knowledge, until all the bitcoin get mined out, we cannot expect a stable price in bitcoin ecosystem.
Bitcoin prices are keep on driving high to attract many people into bitcoin adoption.
Maybe after all the bitcoin will be mined out and bitcoin goes into mainstream we can see a stable bitcoin prices.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:06:37 PM

I think bitcoin has a shot of maintaining a high sustainability of stability because of it's deflationary nature.

Yes it's true that gold is deflationary aswell but I believe that gold is a huge speculative bubble.

Also the dollar can fluctuate about 40% yearly with a steady inflation of 3-5% so it's no different.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:09:30 PM

Bitcoin is a free market. It's worth what we are willing to pay for it. I know right now the whole market is being controlled by large whales, so we are basically buying at whatever price they want. If they feel they should pump it to $500, then people will buy that. If they see people aren't buying because they pumped the price too high, then the price simply falls back. There is no such thing as stability as long as wealthy traders have the majority of funds and coins.

What you are saying is true. The market will always move around, low and high and bouncing up and down.
That's how the bitcoin market works. Like I said.
tn211

Activity: 778
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:28:00 PM

What you are saying is true. The market will always move around, low and high and bouncing up and down.
That's how the bitcoin market works. Like I said.

Yeah for now bitcoin is going up and down, but I am sure that one day will just stop stable around 500K or some like that.
Maybe less than 500K.
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:38:02 PM

I dont think that we have stable price for that we have to maintain it for a whilw and price is jumping 24/7

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:40:23 PM

Never. Gold can't pull it off and that's only a few thousand years old and is worth trillions. I don't see how BTC could pull it off as there'll always be national currencies to measure it against.
Gold and silver market are also getting manipulated till now so with only few million dollar market cap couldn't Stabilize the price. It will remain like this until bitcoin achieve global adoption.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: