Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:04:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does any bank accept Bitcoin?  (Read 73775 times)
Maverick51

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:18:54 PM

https://digitasbank.com

This place does.  It's in the FAQ section.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:32:08 PM

Is there any bank/financial institution somewhere in the world that has embraced Bitcoin? Not that I'd deposit my money there, I'm just curious to know it.

Why would they? The banks collectively are embracing SegWit as a way to destroy bitcoin, but that's about it.
Banks are under the government, and banks will comply with all government regulations and requests. You know the government is very anti against bitcoin. So practically no bank will adopt bitcoin

I think you are wrong because there are some country which is bitcoin is fully adopted and their government supports this digital currency like china and japan. I think in the near future bitcoin would be more popular in all country in this world and they will adopt it as their second currency.
to me i although some countries are already thinking about bitcoin to consider it as legal currency but currency not a single country has fully adopt it as their national currency, may be in future they can adopt bitcoin as legal currency, but still not a single country has consider it as legal currency.
Japan is one of the country that accepted bitcoin as a legal currency because they see future and pure potential with bitcoin and now they are accepting on their stores in different part of their country. Soon, more and more countries will do the same and it will become a huge move for bitcoin for being legal currency in most of the countries.
ApplePanPine

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:57:22 PM

Is there any bank/financial institution somewhere in the world that has embraced Bitcoin? Not that I'd deposit my money there, I'm just curious to know it.

Why would they? The banks collectively are embracing SegWit as a way to destroy bitcoin, but that's about it.
Banks are under the government, and banks will comply with all government regulations and requests. You know the government is very anti against bitcoin. So practically no bank will adopt bitcoin

I think you are wrong because there are some country which is bitcoin is fully adopted and their government supports this digital currency like china and japan. I think in the near future bitcoin would be more popular in all country in this world and they will adopt it as their second currency.
to me i although some countries are already thinking about bitcoin to consider it as legal currency but currency not a single country has fully adopt it as their national currency, may be in future they can adopt bitcoin as legal currency, but still not a single country has consider it as legal currency.
Japan is one of the country that accepted bitcoin as a legal currency because they see future and pure potential with bitcoin and now they are accepting on their stores in different part of their country. Soon, more and more countries will do the same and it will become a huge move for bitcoin for being legal currency in most of the countries.

Yes, Japan took bitcoin. But there are established high requirements for companies that decided to use bitcoins. Very high price to buy a license. I think that only banks can afford to buy such a license
akija

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:09:14 PM

Since Bitcoin is Not regulated by any government , Bank cant accept it .

SO i dont think any bank accepts bitcoin or any other altcoin .

Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:19:43 PM

There are some neo banks that are accepting bitcoin, at least there two that i know about. One is located in Lithiana and the other in another country from East. The thing is when you check carefully about them you find there are a sub division from traditionnal banks
Jrock

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:22:00 PM

In my country there are no banks at a moment that are accepting bitcoins and I don't see it happening even in near future as the Government of my country is very corrupted so I don't think that  they will start supporting bitcoins ever in near future as it will end of all their corrupted activities.

AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:30:46 PM

Yep, and a bank accepting bitcoin defeats the overall purpose of bitcoin. No body can regulate it. Bitcoin is a currency of individual.
axorb

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:53:50 PM

Yep, and a bank accepting bitcoin defeats the overall purpose of bitcoin. No body can regulate it. Bitcoin is a currency of individual.

Banks will never accept bitcoins as it is an threat to their banking system and even in future when bitcoin will become more popular banks will face tough competition from bitcoin so I don't think that banks will ever accept bitcoins.
karinaA

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 06:16:49 PM

Banks will never accept bitcoins as it is an threat to their banking system and even in future when bitcoin will become more popular banks will face tough competition from bitcoin so I don't think that banks will ever accept bitcoins.

Banks do not care what currency to take. All of them are engaged in speculation. They agree to take bitcoin, only the government of some countries forbids doing this
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 11:29:09 PM

There is no way to compete with banks, their system is very strong, no one will lend bitcoins for over 2-3 months max 1 year maybe, sure banks loans and savings does has a huge difference between, something at crypto we can find better offers. Banks are centralized and focus into the profit, in the future they might accept bitcoin as colateral for loans or something like those, we are using banks to do our trades with others people, even with they notice those a raise in the transfers, as long they collect fees they are happy.
Naokia980

Activity: 182

★PlayAmo.com★

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 11:30:53 PM

Some Europan banks already give a  chance to cryptocurrencies.Sell coins and send fiat money to bank account  directly. That's why first joiners are always winners among bankers Cool

wxa7115

Activity: 2744
Merit: 713

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:43:37 PM

Maybe some small non-governmental banks can adopt bitcoin. But banks depend on government and they need some sort of stability of crrencies and legal basis which bitcoin doesn't have. So they will have to embrace bitcoin to their own risk.
Banks will accept bitcoin when government will announce to accept bitcoin unless and until it is a challenge for the banks, While the private sector banks are accepting it but totally on their own. This is an issue for both the bank and the bitcoin users. But the increasing number of bitcoin users is putting an indirect pressure on government and banks.
Even if banks accept bitcoin they will want to know who you are so you will need to accept their policies especially when it comes to know your costumer policies and you will have to even tell them the source of your cash, and while some may think I have nothing to hide and that is true for the users of this forum, one of the purposes of bitcoin is to liberate us from banks so I will avoid banks even if they accepted bitcoin.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:56:54 PM

No. It doesn't defeat the purpose. Even if the bank is accepting BTC, it doesn't mean that they can exert any control over the crypto-curency. On the other hand, it actually improves the reputation of Bitcoin.
fuckitall

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:59:17 PM

Depositing btc in bank would. Complety destroy the concept of DecentRalisation and I don't think so any bank would be Accepting it

OnPlace Inc.
WEBSITE | BECOME AN INVESTOR OF PRIVATE COMPANIES BY USING OPL TOKENS | BITCOINTALK
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:46:45 PM

Maybe some small non-governmental banks can adopt bitcoin. But banks depend on government and they need some sort of stability of crrencies and legal basis which bitcoin doesn't have. So they will have to embrace bitcoin to their own risk.
Banks will accept bitcoin when government will announce to accept bitcoin unless and until it is a challenge for the banks, While the private sector banks are accepting it but totally on their own. This is an issue for both the bank and the bitcoin users. But the increasing number of bitcoin users is putting an indirect pressure on government and banks.
Even if banks accept bitcoin they will want to know who you are so you will need to accept their policies especially when it comes to know your costumer policies and you will have to even tell them the source of your cash, and while some may think I have nothing to hide and that is true for the users of this forum, one of the purposes of bitcoin is to liberate us from banks so I will avoid banks even if they accepted bitcoin.
If any govt accept Bitcoin and tell banks to accept Bitcoin. Then they will make a lot of changes in this bitcoin. I think they will give only 1 BTC address to one person based on that they will track our transaction. And they will make to show our identity for every transaction. Totally everything will become legal. But it is not worth for bitcoin users, and this is only worth for govt and banks.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:56:21 PM

Fortunately no banks accept bitcoin to be deposited or converted. If that will be the case, we would again be slaves of these financial giants and we wouldn't have the freedom of doing whatever we want wih our hard-earned money. Also, giving the banks control of your money is centralization, so no.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:05:51 PM

Yes, but it does not mean that bank cannot accept bitcoin. They do not have to necessarily control some asset, to have a stock of it and lend it to other people.
If banks in every countries would apply possible bank bitcoin loans, that would be a great opportunity for every kind of investors and people willing to start they own, small business.

However im afraid that is not possible. Banks are way too afraid of bitcoin to implement it in a such way, because there is basically no way to control the bitcoin, except using the market.
It requires a big amount of money which bank has, but still the market capitalization is really high which may be a roadblock for such a manipulaton.

In my opinion, there is no chance to see any kind of bank accepting bitcoin.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:05:56 PM

~

We are offering instant account opening for Private and Business clients from 180 countries. The problem some of our clients face is to make deposits if we don't maintain a local account in their country. By accepting Bitcoin, our customers can instantly transfer funds to their WB21 account from any country in the world. As soon as they send Bitcoin to our address, we credit the value in the currency the customer has selected to their checking account

This is still a far cry from Bitcoin deposits in the true sense of the word

But still this is better than nothing. From this we can see that some banks are cooperating with bitcoin users making things easier for them. I don't know, do we realy need an option to make deposits in BTC? Considering the volatility of bitcoin this might never happen, but if all the banks around the world were cooperating like WB21 I think we could call it acceptance in a way

Major web wallets have been doing that for years already

Especially those which issue payment cards, and I'm inclined to think that their role in making Bitcoin popular by far exceeds the efforts that banks such as WB21 make. That shouldn't be misconstrued as if the latter did nothing at all, though. I just want to say that WB21 and its likes work like typical exchangers, the number of which is already pretty big in the Internet. Personally, I use at least three such exchangers on a more or less regular basis, which allow me to exchange bitcoins (or rather exchange vouchers) to fiat and receive the proceeds in my regular bank account

I agree with you, it is like typical exchange in a way. I also use an exchange which cooperates with a major bank in our country and that's why they charge nothing for transfering the money to your account there(I have a CC from that bank). This is very convenient and I wish more banks were cooperating with exchanges in the future.
Cryptonite310

Activity: 227

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:47:00 PM

Fortunately no banks accept bitcoin to be deposited or converted. If that will be the case, we would again be slaves of these financial giants and we wouldn't have the freedom of doing whatever we want wih our hard-earned money. Also, giving the banks control of your money is centralization, so no.
Take all your money out of the banks, and put them in BitCoin, control your own money, don't let the banks control your money.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 10:21:32 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 09:29:43 PM by MMA

to me i personally do not know about the banks who are accepting bitcoin, my personal view is that i do not think that there is a single bank who are accepting bitcoin . may be in future when the government will accept bitcoin as legal currency then they can think to start depositing and withdrawal of bitcoin but until government will not consider bitcoin as legal currency they will also not accept bitcoin as legal currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: