Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:51:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What wallets do you use and why?  (Read 34684 times)
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:42:48 PM

I'm using coinbase,and i just have one wallet,its enough for me,i choose coinbase because it have low fee i think, and fast transaction, it not need confirmation too much,and also more friendly if i opened from smartphone,esspecialy android.
ashly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:05:19 AM

Coins ph is my wallet cause you cash out by this wallet
Funny

Activity: 343

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 01:06:59 AM

Coinbase and Blockchain.info because they both have simple UIs.

faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:37:32 AM

i use only blockchain.
i use blockchain because blockchain is the first wallet that I know. and I think blockchain also more simple
Bought

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:41:31 AM

i use only blockchain.
i use blockchain because blockchain is the first wallet that I know. and I think blockchain also more simple

yeah... Blockchain.info is like the best wallet, for me anyway.

jieping888

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:48:23 AM

I myself use 3 different wallets. One is on my Android device, one on my desktop PC and one online.

The one i like the most is on my desktop, MultiBit. I like it because you can quicky generate new deposit adresses and keep track of your incomes and outcomes. I only use Blockchain for some payments, and on my mobile phone i have MyCelium wallet, which i use for mobile/QR code scanning payments.

What wallets do you use and which one do you prefer and why?

bitcointalk  this is very good!
AncilVTwo

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:50:55 AM

i use about 3different wallets which include coinbase for web, bither for ios on my ipad and mycelium on my android phone.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:35:00 AM

Mycelium and Core.

I have a node that I run but then another computer has bitcoin core for 'cold storage' of coins.
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:13:11 AM

I use Multibit and Electrum
Even I use to work in Multibit and Electrum, Both have very good feature as offline wallet and In multibit we can work with multiple wallet But nowadays Its little bit slow So Now completely I switched Electrum Is very fast and reliable Now in the current market. Try this itself better experience.
bitraine

Activity: 348

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:13:58 AM

i dont have lot of btc im contented in one wallet for now, im using blockchain.info its easy to use and many feature, also they have btc wallet for smartphone that was a handy for everyday use.

still looking for far more secure wallet for future use. any sugestion?
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:33:59 AM

I use Multibit Classic and I am satisfied with what offers as well as ease of use.I do not hear much of a positive opinion on MultiBit HD so at the moment I do not plan to switch to a new wallet but I will certainly explore some new options Smiley
You are right, don't use MultiBit HD it's worse. Better to keep using MultiBit Classis, you will regret if you change it.

Better always go with blockchain This is whats known as a hybrid wallet meaning the company stores your wallet online but they do not have access to your private keys. However since the wallet is loaded from their servers some trust in the company is still needed.I will Recommend for beginners who are trying out Bitcoin

Yes, blockchain really seems to be the best and most secured wallet, but, they have a close rival which is Xapo wallet. Xapo wallet is also one of the oldest and most secured. Xapo also has a vault where you store your bitcoins, and their vault is the most secured. They also offer a debit card to their users, which will enable them to withdraw their bitcoin anywhere, anytime in the form of cash. Now a days I prefer Xapo.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:38:20 AM

I use Multibit Classic and I am satisfied with what offers as well as ease of use.I do not hear much of a positive opinion on MultiBit HD so at the moment I do not plan to switch to a new wallet but I will certainly explore some new options Smiley
You are right, don't use MultiBit HD it's worse. Better to keep using MultiBit Classis, you will regret if you change it.

Better always go with blockchain This is whats known as a hybrid wallet meaning the company stores your wallet online but they do not have access to your private keys. However since the wallet is loaded from their servers some trust in the company is still needed.I will Recommend for beginners who are trying out Bitcoin

Yes, blockchain really seems to be the best and most secured wallet, but, they have a close rival which is Xapo wallet. Xapo wallet is also one of the oldest and most secured. Xapo also has a vault where you store your bitcoins, and their vault is the most secured. They also offer a debit card to their users, which will enable them to withdraw their bitcoin anywhere, anytime in the form of cash. Now a days I prefer Xapo.

Blockchain is really a wallet to go with. There are lots of online wallets, but, blockchain seems to be the most preferred wallet used by bitcoiners. They allow us to access our private keys. This may be the reason for many bitcoiners are preferring blockchain. Xapo never allow you to access your private keys.

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:50:25 AM

Blockchain is really a wallet to go with. There are lots of online wallets, but, blockchain seems to be the most preferred wallet used by bitcoiners. They allow us to access our private keys. This may be the reason for many bitcoiners are preferring blockchain. Xapo never allow you to access your private keys.

Even if blockchain seems to be the best and more secured by allowing direct access to our private keys, still many people normally go for coinbase. I do not know any specific advantages we can enjoy using coinbase. Recently they launched debit cards. But coinbase is more popular since it's introduced.
blusky165

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:58:05 AM

I'm newbie, and I only know about Blockchain.info Cheesy
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:00:51 AM

I personally just use coinbase, with my coinbase android app. I use 2FA for all transactions made through my phone, as it is not protected. I have also disconnected all mailing services on my phone, to stop bypassing 2FA, and simply because I don't use the mail. I use coinbase for the free tx fees, and because I never store more than 1 bitcoin at a time.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
ashly

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:18:45 PM

I use coinsph because it is easy to use , and you can cash out by this
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:47:40 PM

I wish I could use bitcoin core, but it's awful when you travel. It's taking a while to syncronize and sometimes, it's not working at all because of a proxy or a router which blocks it. blockchain.info remains the best option if you travel a lot. I also use multibit classic and I never keep anything at a exchange.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:10:59 PM

I use Mycelium to watch my paper wallet and keep a little bit in the HD wallet. I have even less in a coinomi paper wallet mainly because it supports lots of altcoins.

What do I NEVER use? Blockchain.info.

Why? It was the first wallet I ever used and all of my coins were stolen within 24h after purchasing $20 worth of Bitcoins at the time. Don't ever use a wallet that stores your private keys online for you. You WILL lose your coins. It's just a matter of 'when'.

The wallet that was 'hacked' (without malware on my system. Extremely fishy.) is:

175NqAwTk3r4Z26FRe4VHevifeLinXcjZi
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:20:12 PM

--
What do I NEVER use? Blockchain.info.

Why? It was the first wallet I ever used and all of my coins were stolen within 24h after purchasing $20 worth of Bitcoins at the time. Don't ever use a wallet that stores your private keys online for you. You WILL lose your coins. It's just a matter of 'when'.

Sorry for your bad experience with blockchain but how could your btc be stolen from your account ! No one knows the identifier except you.
Maybe you had some defected programs or Trojan viruses that stole your data
frostice

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:22:44 PM

blockchain.info as its very easy to use
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: