Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What wallets do you use and why?  (Read 34688 times)
ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 03:19:17 PM

Im just using 2 wallets.First is blockchain and xapo.I use xapo because i feel really secure about xapo'z features.You dont need a 2FA because its all automatic that your account is protected with pin code even without using their app
Try to learn using desktop wallet instead. It is more secure and you can flexibly control your Bitcoin by yourself. You can also make a backup wallet and generate your own private key as well. Using third party wallet is never a wise decision. The only advantage while using them is that you can reduce the fee
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 03:29:58 PM

Im just using 2 wallets.First is blockchain and xapo.I use xapo because i feel really secure about xapo'z features.You dont need a 2FA because its all automatic that your account is protected with pin code even without using their app
Try to learn using desktop wallet instead. It is more secure and you can flexibly control your Bitcoin by yourself. You can also make a backup wallet and generate your own private key as well. Using third party wallet is never a wise decision. The only advantage while using them is that you can reduce the fee

I used to also use online wallets at first and saw all the disadvantages of it and all the advantages of a desktop wallet. You could also use a mobile wallet.

I use Bither wallet on the PC, because its so easy to control each address. Easy to import, export and create addresses. Also it has a feature to generate a vanity address without using command line. It has a GUI for creating vanity addresses. Which is nice.

For mobile, I use an IOS device, so what I use is bitwallet. Similar to bither wallet, address management is quite easy. But it doesn't have any more features other than that.
sabbirshm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 04:09:47 PM

I am using blockchain from the beginning.And I think blockchain is most popular and easy wallet.I didn't face any problem while using it.Again, I can Use its app on my Android and that's really cool designed.also there is 4digit pin to access on it.I am satisfied with blockchain security.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 04:18:29 PM

Though they have a pin code system for logging in but i would still suggest using 2 Factor Authentication because having a stronger security is always better specially when it comes on bitcoins, i also use Xapo wallet mostly and i'm having 2FA as well for more safety.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 07:23:05 PM

i am using web wallets in blockchain and that was my first bitcoin wallet and multibit as my personal wallet to store the coins personally as i don't want to risk all my coins in a web wallet as we see many hacks in online wallets  .

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 07:37:31 PM

I am using blockchain from the beginning.And I think blockchain is most popular and easy wallet.I didn't face any problem while using it.Again, I can Use its app on my Android and that's really cool designed.also there is 4digit pin to access on it.I am satisfied with blockchain security.

The security measures that you need to go through are definitely important, but they don't save you from inside jobs or hackers somehow getting access to the hot wallets from blockchain.info. Nowadays people should not only look and think at hackers, but all the more on inside jobs. I don't say stop using it, but when you have a decent amount of coins, then better download yourself a proper client such as Bitcoin Core for offline storage of your coins.
HateNATO

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 07:41:45 PM

I use xapo because i can change neteller money for bitcoin woth lowest fees and almost instant and i like thaat and i aslo use coinpayments because i must use ti to invest money in smoe type of sites to earn big money.
tifossi

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 07:47:10 PM

I only use blockchain for iPhone. For me the best wallet. TouchID and SMS for verification is a good way for safety. I'm happy with blockchain. Was using a lot of other BTC wallets for iPhone but that's the best on my opinion.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:08:32 PM

I use Blockchain wallet. I count it the most safe place to keep my bitcoins and coins of everybody. I have even not tried any wallets, so I can't judge any other wallets. But to me it is also interesting to know other people's opinions about bitcoin wallets.
HardyGoodsLtd
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:19:23 PM

no one uses core anymore? lol

I use core 13.0 (64bit) and I have about 12 backups of wallet.dat around the UK (and one in spain) lol

I use this as I dont trust ANYONE with my coins.

think about it, your money on someone else's machine, with your password, is still not yours ^^
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:38:51 PM

I would recommend u to mycelium wallet because it is very convinient to use in every way .and the user interferance is very good in every other way .

I haven't used mycellium, I'm already contented with blockchain because I find it more easy to use or else in the future I will try to have some other wallets if I'm not satisfied anymore with blockchain. But as of now, I'm contented to use blockchain. I have used coinbase, but I stopped with it I'm not enjoying its usage that's why I went back to blockchain.
Actually blockchain to me has become a pain since its last upgrade because each time I want to copy address I have to go to manage address and copy the old one, since clicking on receive simply gives a new address each time.

Plus signing message and all has become a issue for me and top of all it asks me to confirm email every hour I login, come on I cannot use it anymore. I am now using poloniex wallet until something good comes.
Superzpay

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:43:50 PM

I would recommend u to mycelium wallet because it is very convinient to use in every way .and the user interferance is very good in every other way .

I haven't used mycellium, I'm already contented with blockchain because I find it more easy to use or else in the future I will try to have some other wallets if I'm not satisfied anymore with blockchain. But as of now, I'm contented to use blockchain. I have used coinbase, but I stopped with it I'm not enjoying its usage that's why I went back to blockchain.
Actually blockchain to me has become a pain since its last upgrade because each time I want to copy address I have to go to manage address and copy the old one, since clicking on receive simply gives a new address each time.

Plus signing message and all has become a issue for me and top of all it asks me to confirm email every hour I login, come on I cannot use it anymore. I am now using poloniex wallet until something good comes.
I don't know that why you are facing all that issues I am also using blockchain and do not feel tired to follow the security routes made for my security from them but with all of them I feel my bitcoins more secured and I think the address do not changes when we click on the receive button.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:07:23 PM

Why dont you try desktop wallet which is very light weight and simple to use, i am using electrum and its very easy , just have to install the wallet and keep safe the password , so when ever if the wallet is crashed or computer is crashed i just have to install the copy and add my old password and their my old wallet is ready.

Keeping bitcoins in any exchange is not safe as you dont have control on that wallet and if exchange gets hacked or scammed your coins will be lost and you will never ever get it back.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:43:12 PM

My accumulated coins are still very few, so I  don't need an excessive number of wallets to manage them, especially because I am continuously moving my money into different investment schemes. Xapo has been enough for me, but I also have a blockchain wallet to use it when necessary.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:44:10 PM

no one uses core anymore? lol

I use core 13.0 (64bit) and I have about 12 backups of wallet.dat around the UK (and one in spain) lol

I use this as I dont trust ANYONE with my coins.

think about it, your money on someone else's machine, with your password, is still not yours ^^
Would be a better idea as soon as one starts having tons of bitcoin, to warrant those backups, until then I think my coins are good at blockchain and Xapo, though I have been putting my Xapo wallets to greater use, because those fees at blockchain actually adds up overtime to something significant.
millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 05:48:43 AM

I do not know much about online wallet. I only know blockchain wallet and xapo. But preffer like to use blockchain.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 07:23:34 AM

Right now I use a coinbase wallet and a ledger wallet. My coinbase wallet is used for receiving small amounts of Bitcoin and then my ledger wallet is used to keep most of my Bitcoin so that it is safe.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 07:52:03 AM

I myself use 3 different wallets. One is on my Android device, one on my desktop PC and one online.

The one i like the most is on my desktop, MultiBit. I like it because you can quicky generate new deposit adresses and keep track of your incomes and outcomes. I only use Blockchain for some payments, and on my mobile phone i have MyCelium wallet, which i use for mobile/QR code scanning payments.

What wallets do you use and which one do you prefer and why?

I only use 3,in the principles of not putting all your eggs in one basket I use Electrum for my desktop wallet,blockchain and anonymous tor wallet but the I use more on all my transactions is the blockchain.info I use the two for storage purposes.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:16:34 AM

I myself use 3 different wallets. One is on my Android device, one on my desktop PC and one online.

The one i like the most is on my desktop, MultiBit. I like it because you can quicky generate new deposit adresses and keep track of your incomes and outcomes. I only use Blockchain for some payments, and on my mobile phone i have MyCelium wallet, which i use for mobile/QR code scanning payments.

What wallets do you use and which one do you prefer and why?

I am two different web wallets which is blockchain.info and a local web wallet that has various services called coins.ph . I am using blockchain.info for holding purposes , I am storing some amount to blockchain in order to save and hold my bitcoin and I am often using coins.ph because of its services where I can buy mobile prepaid load and I can pay some of my bills .
Cactushrt

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:46:44 AM

Coins.ph wallet because it is more convenient for me and its also secure we can cash in or cash out with no hassle but there are limits in cash out if you want to cash out huge money you can verify yourself by uploading your identification card in their app.

▄▄█████▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀█▌
             ▄████▀    ▀▄▀
    ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀       █▌
 ▄█▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄     ▄█▀
██▌        ██▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄██▀
███▄▄▄     ███ ▄▄███▀▀
 ▀▀███████ ███▐██▀▀▄██
     ▀▀▀▀▀ ███     ███▌
           ▐██     ▐██▌
           ▐██▄    ▐██
            ▀██▄ ▄▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄
Catena

▀██     ▄██▀
██▄ ▄██▀
▀█████
██
▄█████
██▀ ▀██▄
▄██     ▀██▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
██████▀▀███████████▀▀██████
██████    ▀     ▀    ██████
██████               ██████
█████▌               ▐█████
█████                 █████
█████▌               ▐█████
███████▄           ▄███████
████▄▀████▀     ▀██████████
█████▄ ▀▀▀       ██████████
███████▄▄▄       ██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: