Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:16:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly"  (Read 108354 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:18:48 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 09:35:36 PM by toptek

No, actually that's mostly explained by a combination of small-town upbringing (focus on Christian ethics, frugality and self-reliance) and 98th-percentile intelligence, which results in a low tolerance for idiots or lazy people and a general inability to relate to most folks even within my own generation. The facts that coffee tastes like burnt dirt and caffeine has no real effect on me anyway are mostly irrelevant to my attitude in general.

I can't find one thing to dispute in that, aside from my personal love of coffee. People are interesting. They're also 99% of all problems. And if you're talking "generation X" (my age showing here), most of them are willful morons.

Honestly, man i like the smell of coffee but hate the taste I'm 60 or very close to it or will be in July Smiley_ . I get my Caffeine from sodas and trig to my best to stop drinking those to . SO, i don't agree age has nothing to do with it Smiley .my point is i guess no mater what you believe in or believe, if you care about the people around you more and truly want to help it won't mater your age , if your a demo or repub,what you like , dislike, how much money you have etc. your ok to me and usually are with 99 % of the people Smiley. I'm not from a small town and have been to a lot places over seas and been to every state in the US but 5 or 6 .

cya

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:08:49 PM

I am still running an S1 because... I want to.
That's my man! I run a rig of 6 mixed s3/s5 because I want to and because the smell of fans and asics is so comforting. I run my miners overclocked because elctricity is no problem for me. 40% of my house is solar so the cost of those miners brings my electricity costs back to before solar. I ran a s3 at 520ghs for a while before a chip went x, then it stabilized at 470. Once you become fearless and don't care about your equipment dying, you can have some pretty fun moments where you can overclock to some ridiculous hashrate and smell the burning asics. It's fun as I said and when the new bitfury chips come out, I assure you all I will run that until it burns. and so I can breathe the amazing smell of burning electronics. S1 chips burning smells different from s5 chips burning. It's subtle but delicious.
Anyways, once a new miner with bitfury chips comes out, I will run that thing until it burns and i'll laugh at how good or bad it overclocks and i'll sell a dead pane on bitcointalk for some other chap to experiment on it. Burning chips smell so good and are so interesting...
PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:46:00 PM

Well, mining is self-regulating. The halving is going to hurt a lot, but it's not like bitcoin's going to disappear. What becomes unprofitable to run will no longer be run, coin prices will go up, fees will go up, and the system will keep on running. If anything has a chance to be profitable, it'll be the most efficient chip available at the time. That's dependent a lot on initial cost, but the market is adjustable as well - if BitFury can't sell enough of them at whatever price, they'll either use 'em themselves or lower the price. There are way too many variables to make any sort of accurate prediction, but the fact that pretty soon 99% of the world won't be able to turn a buck with 0.3J/GH gear helps the assumed viability of 0.1J/GH gear.

+1

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." -- Ayn Rand

or

"If 50,000 people share a bad idea, it's still a bad idea." -- J. Schlenker

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:50:16 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 12:10:42 AM by toptek

I am still running an S1 because... I want to.
That's my man! I run a rig of 6 mixed s3/s5 because I want to and because the smell of fans and asics is so comforting. I run my miners overclocked because elctricity is no problem for me. 40% of my house is solar so the cost of those miners brings my electricity costs back to before solar. I ran a s3 at 520ghs for a while before a chip went x, then it stabilized at 470. Once you become fearless and don't care about your equipment dying, you can have some pretty fun moments where you can overclock to some ridiculous hashrate and smell the burning asics. It's fun as I said and when the new bitfury chips come out, I assure you all I will run that until it burns. and so I can breathe the amazing smell of burning electronics. S1 chips burning smells different from s5 chips burning. It's subtle but delicious.
Anyways, once a new miner with bitfury chips comes out, I will run that thing until it burns and i'll laugh at how good or bad it overclocks and i'll sell a dead pane on bitcointalk for some other chap to experiment on it. Burning chips smell so good and are so interesting...

let me see i run a s1 not always  but from time to time S3 same  S5 maybe five days a week with a  AvalonMiner 4.1 just cooked a break out board overclocking it it to much those things are breasts and on a 2 K PSU A c1 antminer on it own PSU. and a cyclone by zeusminer On its own PSU, yes i do Script coins not afraid to admit it and just bought a 256 MH Alcheminer I hope i didn't get fucked on, o well if i did. and two of side's sticks all because i want to and it gives me some thing to do .I make a little on the side doing it, I'm not rich . i refused to buy a S7 and still do because of the high price they charged when they came out but that's me , I  could have sold off all my S5 when they came out, I felt they cost to much so i kept my S5 till Dec of last year, all but one that was broke i fixed it.. A6's are great but they came out to late imo or i would have  sold all i had and got one .now I 'm waiting and saving for the new side hack boards with bitfury chips, i hope we see . and hope i saved enough to start for three sets.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:58:39 PM

I'd be impressed if you smoked an ASIC on and S1 before you smoked a regulator.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
PlanetCrypto

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:10:25 AM

Have off grid solar running most of the domicile.
The 100A @ 12V nominal battery chargers (RV industry calls'em converters) use 3 40A ATC fuses, I assume their wired in parallel.

Shout out to toptek. Thought I was the only hexa-genarian in the crowd.  Grin

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:14:05 AM

Have off grid solar running most of the domicile.
The 100A @ 12V nominal battery chargers (RV industry calls'em converters) use 3 40A ATC fuses, I assume their wired in parallel.

Shout out to toptek. Thought I was the only hexa-genarian in the crowd.  Grin

LOL I'm looking into getting Solar for my home i want it so i can sell it back to the power company getting tired of there BS prices and how they get way with doing low down stuff even if i have to rent it at first Smiley .

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:15:51 AM

I think NotFuzzyWarm's in y'alls decade neighborhood. That guy's been an engineer for at least 10 years longer than I've been alive.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:26:13 AM

This just in, Bitfury has tied the release date and sales of their 16nm miners to when Valve releases Half-Life 3, we should see them "any day now"!

Roll Eyes

As to the solar discussion, when I move here shortly I am going to look into a solar setup, but what it will not be is grid-tied.  I don't like the power company telling me what I can and can't do and I'm not going to help their cause by selling them my power that I generated.  I'm going to use it all, it's mine mine mine!
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:32:11 AM

This just in, Bitfury has tied the release date and sales of their 16nm miners to when Valve releases Half-Life 3, we should see them "any day now"!

Roll Eyes

As to the solar discussion, when I move here shortly I am going to look into a solar setup, but what it will not be is grid-tied.  I don't like the power company telling me what I can and can't do and I'm not going to help their cause by selling them my power that I generated.  I'm going to use it all, it's mine mine mine!

lol to bad i don't play those type games I  play stuff like wow Swtor mmo's  more . really the power company has more control, sigh .  i may have to keep it for my self to, any way waiting for a installer to come and give me price and explain it, i have few questions, we can get it were i live but not on the roof, i like that idea better . no messing up our new roof .

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:44:06 AM

"Shortly"- To occur in many many months.....maybe  Cheesy

2 weeks!

LMAO,I forgot about that BFL reference  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:53:47 AM

As a CSGO semi pro (used to) and addict, I rofl'd for 3 minutes straight on that post. which is why I have a late response, lel. HL3 def coming out in the next year ( or 4), and the same goes for bitfury. We'll keep having stuff like the winter arg in steam and crap, but bitfury just keeps us hanging with nothing. it's quite sad.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 02:05:20 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 02:25:08 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

"Shortly"- To occur in many many months.....maybe  Cheesy

2 weeks!

LMAO,I forgot about that BFL reference  Roll Eyes  Cheesy
Rather surprised AMT/Bitmine.ch are not always included in that. eg AMT/s ad in Oct. 2013 for the A1 520GHs miner http://web.archive.org/web/20131003021440/http://advancedminers.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/520-ghs-bitcoin-miner

Love the "Order placed in September ship in November". No hint of any pre-order unlike the 1.2TH rigs so I ordered the 520 late Feb. 2014.  We all know how their A1 debacle/scams went... Angry
At least BFL actually produced Monarchs. Problem was getting them to let go of them and placing them in customers hands...

That said, I and a very few other folks actually did get something from AMT. In my case what appears to be a very well made LKtek 1.2THs rig along with a PSU for it. Many of the few shipped were sans PSU...

Almost 8mo late but better than most folks that got zilch from AMT along with those that Bitmine.ch shafted as well with the Coincraft A1. No  doubt Josh arranged those during his stay in Shenzhen trying to scare up someone to make working A1 miners for him.

And yes the miner still is perfectly running in our break room 24x7x365 for heading on 2 years now.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
PlanetCrypto

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:02:00 AM

Roll Eyes

As to the solar discussion, when I move here shortly I am going to look into a solar setup, but what it will not be is grid-tied.  I don't like the power company telling me what I can and can't do and I'm not going to help their cause by selling them my power that I generated.  I'm going to use it all, it's mine mine mine!

lol to bad i don't play those type games I  play stuff like wow Swtor mmo's  more . really the power company has more control, sigh .  i may have to keep it for my self to, any way waiting for a installer to come and give me price and explain it, i have few questions, we can get it were i live but not on the roof, i like that idea better . no messing up our new roof .

I pay $0.58 - $0.68 per watt for the panels. UL listed. 60 cell 250W
Last 2.25 KW was @ $0.74 per watt
Where I live, northern MN, panels on the roof is suicide.
Mine are on racks on the ground. Can't fall off the ground.

Check your states net metering laws regarding the price (rate) they buy back, usually it's one sided.
And the increase in your home owners policy.

Net - net it may not be worth it or a potential loss.
I've been doing wind and solar for 10+ years, learned alot along the way.
Am willing to share.

Am finishing up a report/analysis on the state of our electrical system here in the US.
The future does not bode well.

admin@planetcrypto.com

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 03:59:32 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 04:45:26 AM by toptek

Roll Eyes

I pay $0.58 - $0.68 per watt for the panels. UL listed. 60 cell 250W
Last 2.25 KW was @ $0.74 per watt
Where I live, northern MN, panels on the roof is suicide.
Mine are on racks on the ground. Can't fall off the ground.

Check your states net metering laws regarding the price (rate) they buy back, usually it's one sided.
And the increase in your home owners policy.

Net - net it may not be worth it or a potential loss.
I've been doing wind and solar for 10+ years, learned alot along the way.
Am willing to share.

Am finishing up a report/analysis on the state of our electrical system here in the US.
The future does not bode well.

admin@planetcrypto.com

SO my insurance might go up ?

I did read about the buy back rates a few month ago when I looked into solar or started learning about it .

Thanks for the tips !! i do know if i rent/lease them I don't get anything from the Feds but i also don't pay taxes right now being retried with a disability , if i could i would go back to work  in a heart beat but my DR won't let me and i did try to about a year ago, it really suxes not working, I'm no slacker when it comes to work Smiley . use to work 24/7 because i could,  I took a better look at bitcoins and i started to late in game, i knew when it all started etc Ive said this before i was a fool then by thinking it was BS and Polly would have a few bucks in the bank if i  had jumped on it then ,  if side can get us nice gear, I'm in business, I will report it, tax wise etc, I'll have to but I've said this all  before .

it was some like your rates after all is said and done like 6 to 7 cents per KWh and believe or not rates in my state have dropped down closer to 7 cents per KWH with some suppliers , i pay now 8.55 cent, when i went with this supplier a year ago till DEC 2016 then it was the best rate with no fees on cancel  you could get, till about a month ago. but what kills the whole thing is what the power company is able to screw us out of and now they want  us to pay for there short siting in higher fees. and they are trying to sue Baltimore over a fee increase to them for under ground cont. use and agreement they had with our last GOV because the officials won't let them charge the customer, they still get charged the lowest fees then any power company in the US . want to add 15 bucks more a month to every ones bill in the state of Maryland were they have service, it's joke don't get me going on Smart meters and all the money the feds and state gave them for that, they want more , they want us to pay for everything etc.and the yearly hearings just started for yearly increases, which i stay a way from I might get locked up for talking out wrong , i hope this time they get put in there place, they are starting to piss off a lot of the wrong people in Maryland , our last GOV gave them to much power, the one we have now is great he has lowered a lot of state fees and plans to lower them more and actually is fixing things,  but has cancer sadly that came up last year but is under control they say or in remission.

sorry to much info IL shut up now .

PlanetCrypto

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:18:24 AM

After I got out the Navy (Sub sailor) spent many a year in Dover DE. Am familiar with the trickery in government in that region.

Here we don't have a choice for power suppliers. It's a coop run by corrupt administrators. We're currently paying $0.13/KWh. Who signed a 38 year (terminating in 2045) sole source purchase agreement with a company that only has coal fired generation. Whether one agrees with it or not, coal is doomed. The EPA just won a case in the supreme court over the CPP (Clean Power Plan) which is the beginning of a carbon tax. When that is implemented (again whether or not one supports such a concept) it will drive coal fired electrical costs through the roof. While no one can precisely predict future pricing 5, 10, or 20 years out, my estimates indicate that within the next 10 years it will double or triple. This will put electrical consumption into the luxury item category.

I too am disabled and, personally, live on a fixed income (like other seniors). Fortunately I had the foresight and wherewithal to own my home (i.e. no mortgage). Many, if not all of my peers don't. Many of those that are surviving exclusively on SSA are currently making choices between food and drugs. If their electrical costs doubled or tripled I fear we will be finding them frozen in the dark, literally. All due to a handful of the greedy few.

I have tried to work within the system to reform it to no avail. The only option left is for me is to attempt to insulate myself from the pending doom and if able assist the few I can.

From a personal electrical consumption basis, I'm well on my way to being electrically independent. Have a plan in place where by the time the "snow flies" this year I will attain that goal. BTC has played an important role. And while I'm in the giving credit where credit is due mode sidehack and novak have been instrumental in many respects.

Somewhere near the end of this month I'm going to "trip the mains" on the domicile isolating me from the grid. At the same time I'll shut off all the .8 and .5 W/GH/s miners in anticipation of sidehack's BF replacement boards.As I have a BUTTLOAD of S1/S3/C1/S5's looking for an up grade's I'll never shut off the compac's and the U2's as they are just too cute  Grin

The previous rant was WAY off topic, so I'll refrain going forward.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:20:31 AM

I assumed he meant that many chips wide, where the current does multiply. The wider a string, the more stable it's going to be as any changes in current demand (which then affect voltage) in one chip will be buffered out by the remaining chips in the node, so you really don't want to run a single-wide string if you don't have to.

If it's "wide" it's not a string, it's a parallel setup.

It's a String with width, like the S7, 45 Chips per board arranged in a 15 Node string, 3 chips to a node, or Avalon6, 40 Chips per Board, 20 Nodes, 2 chips to a node.

Rich

S7 is 3 strings per board, with a varying number of chips per string depending on the batch.

I'm not a hexa yet - give me a few (too BLOODY few) more years - I AM an Eisenhower baby though. 9-)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:06:58 AM

So they have to release a miner sometime in the next 3 weeks? Since they took that 1 BTC bet with Kilo ?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:20:34 AM

S7 is 3 strings per board, with a varying number of chips per string depending on the batch.

I think it is better to think of it a 1 string per board with 3 chips per node. Then as you say, dependant on Batch, there are then either 18 or 15 nodes, each with 3 chips.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 09:46:10 AM

So they have to release a miner sometime in the next 3 weeks? Since they took that 1 BTC bet with Kilo ?

I know for sure that one of the big manufacturers that was shooting for the end of March has pushed back to the middle of April.  I cannot speak for all of them but that info came to me directly from the owner of the facility. 

So far it is looking good for the 1 BTC (if he pays Grin)

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: