Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 02:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly"  (Read 108354 times)
carlosmnk

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 06:40:36 PM

I wish Sidehack wasn't anti-Scrypt, I'd love to see what he could come up with for an EFFICIENT Scrypt miner using the A4 (I'm betting Innosilicon and their integrators go for the short-string higher-hash less efficient options).

On the other hand, if Innosilicon actually puts a buck on each string for their A4 based miner(s), it becomes a mostly moot point.

Guess you missed my project...I took the even more efficient Alchminer chip and have squeezed it to under 4w/MH at it most efficient setting (500kh/s). It can go to over 1MH on max speed(about 8-9 watts).

Check out the link in my sig.

And all of innosilicons A4 based miners are non string designs..they have about 4 chips per buck.

When will we see the A4 hashing??

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:33:41 AM

I wish Sidehack wasn't anti-Scrypt, I'd love to see what he could come up with for an EFFICIENT Scrypt miner using the A4 (I'm betting Innosilicon and their integrators go for the short-string higher-hash less efficient options).

On the other hand, if Innosilicon actually puts a buck on each string for their A4 based miner(s), it becomes a mostly moot point.

Guess you missed my project...I took the even more efficient Alchminer chip and have squeezed it to under 4w/MH at it most efficient setting (500kh/s). It can go to over 1MH on max speed(about 8-9 watts).

And all of innosilicons A4 based miners are non string designs..they have about 4 chips per buck.

Nah, I saw the moonlanded - the Alcheminer chip was, from what I've seen of it, about the SAME efficiency as the A2.
 I just don't like the limits the USB/board type design put on the chip for power and cooling.

Given Innosilicon hasn't even released the A4 chips yet, how can you say how their miner design is going to look?
 Their *A2* designs has bucks, but they have stated the A4 is designed to work in a string setup - I don't recall that being an A2 option.

Last announcement on Innosilicon's web site was "June" timeframe for the A4 chips to start getting shipped, "July" for miners, as I recall.

The BIG question is "are they sticking with A3 release at the same time" that they stated in one of their early mentions of both chips?
 The NEXT big question is "how good will the A3 be when they release it"?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 06:54:10 PM

Why do alt coins always seem to find their way into so many bitcoin discussion topics in the Bitcoin part of this forum?

Scrypt has no place in this topic.
carlosmnk

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:03:52 PM

Why do alt coins always seem to find their way into so many bitcoin discussion topics in the Bitcoin part of this forum?

Hi, this time, A4 have the bitcoin interest in the A3 "brother". Unfortunally, there is no notice about this chip/miner. BTW, the alt coins are all in the same area, so it is a bit hard to find the topics you are searching or have interest. Here is easyer, but you are right, this is a bitcoin forum area...  Embarrassed

Played with: USB RedFury - BlackArrows Prospero X1/X3 - Butterfly Monarch- Spondoolies SP20E - Avalon 6 - Antminer U3/S3/S3+/C1/S5/S7 Batches 3-7-8 - Sfards SF100 - Innosilicon A2 Terminator - Alcheminer 96/256 - KNC Titan - Etherum Rigs
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:26:36 PM

Hi, this time, A4 have the bitcoin interest in the A3 "brother". Unfortunally, there is no notice about this chip/miner. BTW, the alt coins are all in the same area, so it is a bit hard to find the topics you are searching or have interest. Here is easyer, but you are right, this is a bitcoin forum area...  Embarrassed

i agree if they are gonna have both forms they should both be formatted the same. maintained the same way. but again rules are rules with out rules things would be a worse mess then they are now
;0.

because most will do it regardless of rules it's a chip it mines coins that's why it's that simple....or it's hardware some even believe sense it is hard ware it does not mater what forms it is in ,
Smiley.. i tend to agree with that but that's me and rules are rules, so I don't push it .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:55:27 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 08:48:19 AM by mavericklm

.......''sales'' to ''public'' ''start'' ''shortly''
 Roll Eyes

go bitmain go!
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:14:32 AM

Did they at least send kilo17 the 1 BTC for the bet he won ?
one4many

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:47:39 AM

Did they at least send kilo17 the 1 BTC for the bet he won ?

like they kept my 1 BTC when I didn't order on the first original badge (price was 100 BTC btw).
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:48:36 PM

Was that a nonrefundable deposit?

Last I heard from Kilo, they hadn't sent the 1BTC yet so he was going to try and trade them for sample chips (which had already been sent to big players, but not us).

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
HyperMega

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:12:53 PM

Last I heard from Kilo, they hadn't sent the 1BTC yet so he was going to try and trade them for sample chips (which had already been sent to big players, but not us).

Did one of the "big players" confirm that he received samples to you personally?
Or are this just rumours?
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 03:13:43 PM

Did one of the "big players" confirm that he received samples to you personally?
Or are this just rumours?

NDA is a hell of drug!

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:16:04 PM

I have not confirmed anything. It's also entirely possible I wasn't supposed to tell anyone that. With the exception of sporadic updates from Kilo, nobody has talked to me in any official way about chips in a long time. The last word I got from anyone at Bitfury directly was I think around the end of January. I'd suggest, if you want to know something talk to Kilo or talk to punin.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
HyperMega

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:22:00 PM

I have not confirmed anything. It's also entirely possible I wasn't supposed to tell anyone that. With the exception of sporadic updates from Kilo, nobody has talked to me in any official way about chips in a long time. The last word I got from anyone at Bitfury directly was I think around the end of January. I'd suggest, if you want to know something talk to Kilo or talk to punin.

Just to be clear. This means you don't have any information which confirms your statement "[sample chips] (which had already been sent to big players, but not us)"?
It is just an assumption of you without prove?
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:52:46 PM

Just to be clear - read what I wrote. The perenthetic "had already been sent to big players" is included in what "I heard from Kilo". "I have not confirmed anything", "nobody has talked to me in any official way about chips in a long time" and "if you want to know something talk to Kilo or talk to punin".

Seriously. Stop asking me questions about the state of Bitfury chips because, like I've been saying for about three months, it's out of my hands. Y'all know everything that I know at this point, which is not much.

jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2103
Merit: 1397

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:34:31 AM

Nah, I saw the moonlanded - the Alcheminer chip was, from what I've seen of it, about the SAME efficiency as the A2.
 I just don't like the limits the USB/board type design put on the chip for power and cooling.

Given Innosilicon hasn't even released the A4 chips yet, how can you say how their miner design is going to look?
 Their *A2* designs has bucks, but they have stated the A4 is designed to work in a string setup - I don't recall that being an A2 option.

Last announcement on Innosilicon's web site was "June" timeframe for the A4 chips to start getting shipped, "July" for miners, as I recall.

The BIG question is "are they sticking with A3 release at the same time" that they stated in one of their early mentions of both chips?

Yea I meant A2, had a brain fart and thought your A4 comment was for the A2. As for the A4 should have some interesting stuff "soonish" to report Wink

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:55:52 AM

Yea I meant A2, had a brain fart and thought your A4 comment was for the A2. As for the A4 should have some interesting stuff "soonish" to report Wink

HEY!!!!!!! Only talk about BTC Bitfury chips here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mikestang will start reporting all those who don't comply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:10:51 AM

HEY!!!!!!! Only talk about BTC Bitfury chips here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mikestang will start reporting all those who don't comply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I chuckled at that.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
carlosmnk

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:07:07 AM

Wow! I'm very interested on A4 news, please, talk about them at the properly post...  Wink

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:54:21 PM

BITFURY, i would endorse you to sell Miners for the "Home Miner" in large scale at under 0,15$/GH shipped!

You may ask, why this crazy guy wants you to do so, well i'll try to give you an answer to this.

Every time the price hits 2795, somebody sells a large portion of BTC to keep the price under this level, and that seems to be a succesful strategy. I personally suspect some big miners in china to regulate the market this way, and therefore keep the rest of the world outside of the mining business. That sounds somewhat like a monopol, and i truely do believe that is the case (i think you guys know that too, so no surprise here).

BITMAIN is the largest ASIC manufacturer and miner at present it seems, and BITMAIN is getting more and more the dictator of this business, so the natural strategy should be to change this.

What can you guys do to make that happen?

1.) Build a Miner for "Home Miners" with a price less than 0,15$/GH shipped, and a power consumption less than 1600 watts each, to keep that thing running at home.
2.) Offer a bulk sale in logarithmic steps, so small mining farms are able to buy at decent prices to grow.
3.) Offer a great support to your customers, and i believe you will be sold out in a few days.

On the long run that builds a counter part to BITMAIN and we will see a shift from china to the rest of the world in small steps, but we will see it. Secondly it will lift you on top of the market, and take some air from BITMAIN to breathe. Thirdly, and i believe this will happen, all after that the price of BTC will hold a steady level (at the moment speaking, this is left to market makers as BITMAIN is one)

Conclusion: Support the home miner and you will get some strategic pressure on the guys from China  Wink

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 01:58:18 PM

BITFURY, i would endorse you to sell Miners for the "Home Miner" in large scale at under 0,15$/GH shipped!

You may ask, why this crazy guy wants you to do so, well i'll try to give you an answer to this.

Every time the price hits 2795, somebody sells a large portion of BTC to keep the price under this level, and that seems to be a succesful strategy. I personally suspect some big miners in china to regulate the market this way, and therefore keep the rest of the world outside of the mining business. That sounds somewhat like a monopol, and i truely do believe that is the case (i think you guys know that too, so no surprise here).

BITMAIN is the largest ASIC manufacturer and miner at present it seems, and BITMAIN is getting more and more the dictator of this business, so the natural strategy should be to change this.

What can you guys do to make that happen?

1.) Build a Miner for "Home Miners" with a price less than 0,15$/GH shipped, and a power consumption less than 1600 watts each, to keep that thing running at home.
2.) Offer a bulk sale in logarithmic steps, so small mining farms are able to buy at decent prices to grow.
3.) Offer a great support to your customers, and i believe you will be sold out in a few days.

On the long run that builds a counter part to BITMAIN and we will see a shift from china to the rest of the world in small steps, but we will see it. Secondly it will lift you on top of the market, and take some air from BITMAIN to breathe. Thirdly, and i believe this will happen, all after that the price of BTC will hold a steady level (at the moment speaking, this is left to market makers as BITMAIN is one)

Conclusion: Support the home miner and you will get some strategic pressure on the guys from China  Wink

yes, the chart proves it.

https://snag.gy/4tpVj5

huobi, daily chart.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: