Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly"  (Read 108375 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:25:28 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 07:53:26 PM by toptek

@elrippo

I agree with that ,they know in order to keep btc worth some thing it has to be shared to some extent but if they can they will and do hug as much as they can but keep it so it has some worth and then they fuel  there own personal greed which hurts them and every one else over time but the here and now is all they care about. who ever  it is .!!!

I could run maybe three at 1600 watts in my home if the speeds were up there but wouldn't want to and won't even with the solar power im having installed,I'm doing that mostly to crap on the power company i know it doesn't but I like to think it does but i would rather run 10 or more at 240 watts or less at 5 to 6 th each or more but that's dreaming at this point . !! they are slowly killing off home mining completely , i don't see how that benefits them at all .I may even go back to GPU mining and run a few 1 to 4 th btc miners as back up from time to time. GPU mining isn't doing to bad right now depending what coin you mine but would rather run 50 th or more in my home btc mining with a really good power use ages but that dreaming right now.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:44:43 PM

I tend to consider 500W as a practical upperbound for home mining. Something that range is easy to find power for and doesn't have to be big (low density) in order to cool effectively without being super loud.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:55:25 PM

I tend to consider 500W as a practical upperbound for home mining. Something that range is easy to find power for and doesn't have to be big (low density) in order to cool effectively without being super loud.

even that i would settle for if we could get but would like it lower  not the S7 shit which im sure if they really wanted to they could have done better at .

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:58:27 PM

I don't know about that. Every revision they made to the S7 after the original batch made them quantitatively worse.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 08:05:14 PM

The key words if they want to at one time they really seemed to care and fixed stuff now it seems all they worry about is money and screw the rest make it sell it don't worry about how bad it works etc they know it will sell .....and the sad part it does sell. one reason they won't sell you chips imo you make to good a miner truth be said  but I'm being evil mined there selling you chips won't hurt them but sense you do care well you know.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:10:04 AM

Can't talk about engineering samples that are apparently still under NDA, and nothing available "to the public" yet, other than wild-speculation.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:14:20 AM

500 watts would be nice, but anything under 1 KW would be viable for home mining - if it's better designed for "moderatly quiet efficient" cooling than some recent units have been.

Do note that the S5 wasn't much over 500 watts but still managed to be QUITE loud (my A2 Mega's are about the same noise level, despite *3 to 5* 120mm high-flow fans vs. 1).

Delta focused flow fans (like the FFB series) are nice when you have a restricted flow path (like in the S7) but they're a lot noisier than the AFB line at the same rated CFM level - tradeoff is that the AFBs don't handle high-restriction flow paths nearly as well.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:19:51 AM

@elrippo

I agree with that ,they know in order to keep btc worth some thing it has to be shared to some extent but if they can they will and do hug as much as they can but keep it so it has some worth and then they fuel  there own personal greed which hurts them and every one else over time but the here and now is all they care about. who ever  it is .!!!

I could run maybe three at 1600 watts in my home if the speeds were up there but wouldn't want to and won't even with the solar power im having installed,I'm doing that mostly to crap on the power company i know it doesn't but I like to think it does but i would rather run 10 or more at 240 watts or less at 5 to 6 th each or more but that's dreaming at this point . !! they are slowly killing off home mining completely , i don't see how that benefits them at all .I may even go back to GPU mining and run a few 1 to 4 th btc miners as back up from time to time. GPU mining isn't doing to bad right now depending what coin you mine but would rather run 50 th or more in my home btc mining with a really good power use ages but that dreaming right now.

Well, the thing is, if you think the industry can do this by their own, it will fail one way or another. So building miners for the "home use" is still vital, especially if you look at some chinese mining farms using bitmains products.

I personally could afford buying a SP50, they just don't sell it to you and that's the sad thing about it. Thinking in industry standards will make the industry weaker. Thinking in home miner AND industry standards makes you stronger.

If all the ASIC manufacturers would think this way, we would have four home miner selling companies giving the chance to profit by themselfs and let others do the profit too.
So i would like to see home miners from Avalon, Bitfury, Spondoolies and Bitmain, that would open up a market  Roll Eyes

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:22:45 AM

Can't talk about engineering samples that are apparently still under NDA, and nothing available "to the public" yet, other than wild-speculation.

How come you had to sign a NDA, in what kind of relationship are you standing with BitFury  Shocked

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 07:28:24 AM

500 watts would be nice, but anything under 1 KW would be viable for home mining - if it's better designed for "moderatly quiet efficient" cooling than some recent units have been.

Do note that the S5 wasn't much over 500 watts but still managed to be QUITE loud (my A2 Mega's are about the same noise level, despite *3 to 5* 120mm high-flow fans vs. 1).

Delta focused flow fans (like the FFB series) are nice when you have a restricted flow path (like in the S7) but they're a lot noisier than the AFB line at the same rated CFM level - tradeoff is that the AFBs don't handle high-restriction flow paths nearly as well.

I am fine with 1300 watts at the wall in EU  Grin
 What i would like to see for the next generation would be a under 0,1J miner with round about 650 watts at the wall under 0,075$/GH shipped with some bigger fans <- plural in the size of a S7 with a good spare parts supply and a great customer service  Roll Eyes Cheesy

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 09:07:22 AM

@elrippo

Well, the thing is, if you think the industry can do this by their own, it will fail one way or another. So building miners for the "home use" is still vital, especially if you look at some chinese mining farms using bitmains products.

I personally could afford buying a SP50, they just don't sell it to you and that's the sad thing about it. Thinking in industry standards will make the industry weaker. Thinking in home miner AND industry standards makes you stronger.

If all the ASIC manufacturers would think this way, we would have four home miner selling companies giving the chance to profit by themselfs and let others do the profit too.
So i would like to see home miners from Avalon, Bitfury, Spondoolies and Bitmain, that would open up a market  Roll Eyes

You live in quite the utopia  Cheesy

Corporations care NOTHING about anything except profit...patriotism,family,morals,religion,etc mean nothing.Profit IS god to them at ANY cost Roll Eyes

Bitcoin IS corp controlled,I have already left BTC mining.I put my GPU's back to work already & am exploring the altcoin world once again  Cool

1000 gh in BTC miners = $1.24 per day ATM,then minus electricity (the difficulty will continue to rise)..........I'm doing MUCH better with my GPU's  Cheesy

BTW,the ONLY BTC miner I would even think of buying is the one sidehack makes...if he can ever get chips,that ain't lookin good though  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
KNK

Activity: 692
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 10:01:08 AM

Corporations care NOTHING about anything except profit...patriotism,family,morals,religion,etc mean nothing.Profit IS god to them at ANY cost Roll Eyes

Bitcoin IS corp controlled,I have already left BTC mining.I put my GPU's back to work already & am exploring the altcoin world once again  Cool
It's not the case just for corporations. Most of the home miners are such 'for profit only' too.
You left BTC mining, but keep GPU mining for what? For profit, not for the idea behind Bitcoin (or alts).
I do not want to offend You or anyone else, just to extend the coverage (from corps to individuals too).

Mega Crypto Polis - www.MegaCryptoPolis.com
BTC tips: 1KNK1akhpethhtcyhKTF2d3PWTQDUWUzHE
elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 12:45:54 PM

@elrippo

You live in quite the utopia  Cheesy

Bitcoin IS corp controlled,I have already left BTC mining.I put my GPU's back to work already & am exploring the altcoin world once again  Cool

1000 gh in BTC miners = $1.24 per day ATM,then minus electricity (the difficulty will continue to rise)..........I'm doing MUCH better with my GPU's  Cheesy

BTW,the ONLY BTC miner I would even think of buying is the one sidehack makes...if he can ever get chips,that ain't lookin good though  Sad

Well, if the cooperations are in there for the greed, we all are in there for the greed. Some mine, some trade, some make new premine scam coins.
I personaly like the tech behind it, and the ability for free transactions around the world, and yes, if i can make a buck with it, why not  Cheesy

Altcoins are good for lower capacities even with ASIC's or GPU's, the only question is the ROI. If you solve the energy problem, you also solve your ROI for the time between the halvings  Grin

BTW: We all live in a virtual utopia my dear friend, take a look at your refrigerator  Cool Roll Eyes

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:32:41 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2016, 02:56:19 PM by toptek

true that look at what Verizon has made this year a lone 39 billion all they want to do is out source to another country so they make more money and destroy  our way living in the US and the sad part they are American to so yea they only care about one thing that is how much they can get,I mine for cash were all greedie to some extent if want some thing that's a form of greed, i won't lie but i also won't destroy the family or do immoral things like they do either , Ive seen what that kind of greed does . i want nice things etc who doesn't .but i don't want it to point it sell out on the mortals and value that make us care . unlike the CEO of Verizon and other big Crops around the world who if they really cared could help those who really need it with food cloth etc .but what they donate most of the time is so they can get more.

Ive been GPU mining also and not afraid to admit it i like btc mining but .

me to what little i do make with my 3 th i have left i invest back into bitcoins ( which btw those miners have done roi ) . some how and kind of make more from it, my power cost is about to go lower in a few months with solar being installed how much lower remains to seen, they told me I'll be using solar about 55 % more over what i use form the power company and that maybe higher. Ill see either way solar is looking good the closer and sooner it is installed.

BTW,the ONLY BTC miner I would even think of buying is the one sidehack makes...if he can ever get chips,that ain't lookin good though  Sad

me to . i haven't bought one miner other then  c1 and A4.1 and Alcheminer 256 which i might resell because the 256 still can be sold for a lot or very high price only bought those because i enjoy messing around with them and all ways wanted one of each and got them at a really nice price.

GPU mining is not to bad right now if the some of older out dated script miners did not cost so much i would buy a few of those 42 coins and few others actually sell good still . i may buy a few more used 290 or even a few 7800 series cheap then use them till they stop .

on Bittrex Eth are selling for 0.01981900 BTC last nite it went up to 0.02 something and is holding pretty good you need like 300 MH worth of cards that's like 12 to 14 cards to make any head way but those cards are dirt cheap even new .

Just wish and hope side does get chips I'm saving coins for it . would rather mine BTC direct .

well see thu .

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:16:12 AM

Is this new hashrate bitfury getting their 16nm chips online?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:16:52 AM

Ok,I had been mining BTC since June 2011,I used the BTC to buy PC parts at Newegg,I cashed out some from time to time for cash,I bought gold for my games,etc.....

Now that mining BTC at home will not earn a decent amount because of the corporate miners driving the diff up sky high,I need to find another way to earn BTC.

I do not buy BTC from exchanges,I have no bank account(fees are too high),buying from localbitcoins is too expensive (overpriced BTC).

My feeling is that BTC was for us the people to mine & use,not to be taken over by buissness's to get rich,that's the only reason they do it  Roll Eyes

I still believe in the concept of BTC,no banks,small fees,able to be used by anybody (no single entity in control),anywhere (as long as you have internet access),anytime.

But it isn't lookin good,pretty soon ONLY the corp miners will be mining ALL the BTC,you think that is good?? I don't & there is nothing we can do about it................ Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:41:03 AM

Ok,I had been mining BTC since June 2011,I used the BTC to buy PC parts at Newegg,I cashed out some from time to time for cash,I bought gold for my games,etc.....

Now that mining BTC at home will not earn a decent amount because of the corporate miners driving the diff up sky high,I need to find another way to earn BTC.

I do not buy BTC from exchanges,I have no bank account(fees are too high),buying from localbitcoins is too expensive (overpriced BTC).

My feeling is that BTC was for us the people to mine & use,not to be taken over by buissness's to get rich,that's the only reason they do it  Roll Eyes

I still believe in the concept of BTC,no banks,small fees,able to be used by anybody (no single entity in control),anywhere (as long as you have internet access),anytime.

But it isn't lookin good,pretty soon ONLY the corp miners will be mining ALL the BTC,you think that is good?? I don't & there is nothing we can do about it................ Sad

I always thought BTC were meant for us all so when some one tries to tell im not entitled to them for this or that reason like dog did in that other post i back off or try to because that will only led to me being kicked off the forums Ive been kick off forums because of some comments that were uncalled for etc not here yet . which i  hope never happens these forums are actually pretty cool to me .

I do have bank account i have to have one but don't like buying BTC either would rather mine my own for fun and I can do it and in my own home . what's so wrong with that nothing . yea Ive bought a few things  i normally couldn't have bought other wise due to mining.

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:46:23 AM

My feeling is that BTC was for us the people to mine & use,not to be taken over by buissness's to get rich,that's the only reason they do it  Roll Eyes

I always thought BTC were meant for us all so when some one tries to tell im not entitled to them for this or that reason like dog did in that other post i back off or try to because that will only led to me being kicked off the forums Ive been kick off forums because of some comments that were uncalled for etc not here yet . which i  hope never happens these forums are actually pretty cool to me .

Well, like i said before. If the industry thinks they can do that on their own, they are living a single point of failure  Grin
Let's have some tea and watch the game  Roll Eyes

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:12:02 AM

How come you had to sign a NDA, in what kind of relationship are you standing with BitFury  Shocked

"apparently" still under NDA. Didn't say I signed one or had any chips.

elrippo
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:21:52 AM

"apparently" still under NDA. Didn't say I signed one or had any chips.

Well, then way don't you tell us why you are talking of a "apparently under NDA"  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: