Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfury: "16nm... sales to public start shortly"  (Read 108354 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 10:19:31 AM

Soooo....sales to public start shortly Huh  Cheesy

As of 2 days ago no ASICS have been dispursed to any manufacturers.  By the way Punin, I think I would rather have the 1 BTC at this point.  

Please provide a BTC address then.

Kudos for makin good on that bet  Wink

Now,where are those chips,hmmmm,wonder where they could be,hmmmm,what coulda happened to them,hmmmm  Cheesy

Thanks for sharing those with us to help "decentralize" Bitcoin  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:52:08 PM

Now,where are those chips,hmmmm,wonder where they could be,hmmmm,what coulda happened to them,hmmmm  Cheesy

They never intended to help with the decentralization of bitcoin. None of their past/current actions show that. I got blocked on twitter for reminding them of that Wink

Sierra8561

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 08:15:32 PM

Shows lack of integrity on the part of Bitfury if you ask me. I know they don't owe us anything, but some sort of explanation would have been great.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:40:44 AM

They never intended to help with the decentralization of bitcoin. None of their past/current actions show that. I got blocked on twitter for reminding them of that Wink

Oh I knew that,punin's just spoutin crap for investors,so they think "Oh what a nice moral,ethical guy,we can totally give him millions & he'll NEVER swindle us!!"  Cheesy

It was all bullshit,like KnC & ASICminer & a few others  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 04:15:26 PM

Guess they are having yield issues, can't think of another reasonable explanation for the facts we know...

Would be interesting to have an insider comment on that - and also if such an issue is economically solvable at the point they seam to be (working samples from shared wafer run?).
AleScamHole

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:24:10 PM

Guess they are having yield issues, can't think of another reasonable explanation for the facts we know...

Would be interesting to have an insider comment on that - and also if such an issue is economically solvable at the point they seam to be (working samples from shared wafer run?).

here's a "resonable explanation"

they dont need us anymore and therefore dont give a fuck.   but still want to be able to spit their   "we support decentralization"
praying people dont see things like this thread.
they are private mining, and we seeded it.  thats their choice. i just wish they didnt tell crypto-media "they support decentralization" cause they dont.
not .even .close       maybe 3 years ago sure, but now we see thats was just seed money to go private. knc style
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 05:41:12 PM

they dont need us anymore and therefore dont give a fuck.   but still want to be able to spit their   "we support decentralization"
they are private mining, and we seeded it.  thats their choice. i just wish they didnt tell crypto-media "they support decentralization" cause they dont.
not .even .close       maybe 3 years ago sure, but now we see thats was just seed money to go private. knc style

And they are mining on which chain exactly? Or did they decide to "aim low", for keeping it stealthy and for which reason would that be?
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:05:46 PM

they dont need us anymore and therefore dont give a fuck.   but still want to be able to spit their   "we support decentralization"
they are private mining, and we seeded it.  thats their choice. i just wish they didnt tell crypto-media "they support decentralization" cause they dont.
not .even .close       maybe 3 years ago sure, but now we see thats was just seed money to go private. knc style

And they are mining on which chain exactly? Or did they decide to "aim low", for keeping it stealthy and for which reason would that be?

Uh,you can mine without anyone knowing,just don't advertise where (the network & diff grow but no one can pinpoint exactly who's doing it).....Why keep it stealthy??

To rake in millions with as few people/gov organizations finding out...that way you get to keep as much as possible to your self...it ain't rocket science bro  Roll Eyes

Enjoy your riches punin!!!!  Grin

Sierra8561

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:19:18 PM

Been interesting watching Bitfury devolve from one of the most respected miner manufacturers,  to basically just a level or two below pond scum.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:00:26 PM

While it's quite possible that I missed something, when did BitFury take in money on miners and then not deliver them? Did anybody on this forum send money to BitFury for their 16nm ASIC development? While it's possible that they may have posted some of this to blunt the march of Bitmain's S9, that's about as nefarious as it seems to me.

While it's unfortunate that they produced the videos and posted here months ago, I think it's just as likely that they got screwed by the3 timing and TSMC fabrication problems as they did anything horrible to screw over the home mining folks in general.
Sierra8561

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:21:28 PM

To my knowledge Bitfury has done nothing that would amount to criminal acts.  The integrity of the company and those who run it can  be argued. I think a lot of people,  me included feel jaded by empty promises, by what once was a premier small/home miner company.
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:36:51 AM

While it's quite possible that I missed something, when did BitFury take in money on miners and then not deliver them? Did anybody on this forum send money to BitFury for their 16nm ASIC development? While it's possible that they may have posted some of this to blunt the march of Bitmain's S9, that's about as nefarious as it seems to me.

While it's unfortunate that they produced the videos and posted here months ago, I think it's just as likely that they got screwed by the3 timing and TSMC fabrication problems as they did anything horrible to screw over the home mining folks in general.

Aw,feeling sorry for Bitfury?? Don't worry they'll give you first dibs on chips or miners for your loyalty I'm sure  Wink

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 09:51:11 AM

Aw,feeling sorry for Bitfury?? Don't worry they'll give you first dibs on chips or miners for your loyalty I'm sure  Wink

I think that quite unlikely. I am a nobody, and have zero skin in this game. I am just surprised at all the vitriol fired off in their direction for reasons that don't seem worth it. They claimed they would sell parts to miners "soon". It's obvious they won't, or more likely can't, make good on those claims. I think that hardly puts them in the same league with BFL, KNC, HashFast, Black Arrow and so forth.

We should probably just let this thread die a natural death. Continuing to rant and rail about BitFury seems rather pointless at this time. Just my opinion, nothing more.
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 02:10:10 PM

I think that quite unlikely. I am a nobody, and have zero skin in this game. I am just surprised at all the vitriol fired off in their direction for reasons that don't seem worth it. They claimed they would sell parts to miners "soon". It's obvious they won't, or more likely can't, make good on those claims. I think that hardly puts them in the same league with BFL, KNC, HashFast, Black Arrow and so forth.

We should probably just let this thread die a natural death. Continuing to rant and rail about BitFury seems rather pointless at this time. Just my opinion, nothing more.

The word for what you are describing is trolling. Tongue

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:39:57 PM

The word for what you are describing is trolling. Tongue

Well put if they really cared etc wed have the chips by now it was one big troll , to sell to the rich or in a nicer word those who can afford it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:34:29 PM

any day now guys Smiley  any day.

just kidding
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:54:09 PM

i wanted so badly to buy a non-bitmain miner!!!!! Cry
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:58:23 AM

hell the sad part of it all they prolly had to buy them too lol.  What a mess btc turning into.

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Unacceptable
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:58:49 AM

hell the sad part of it all they prolly had to buy them too lol.  What a mess btc turning into.

Best Regards
d57heinz

The bitch of it is...these ASIC companies will beat each other up ,but one or more will STILL keep the diff up,no matter what it's over fer da home miner  Sad

samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 11:29:32 PM

Been interesting watching Bitfury devolve from one of the most respected miner manufacturers,  to basically just a level or two below pond scum.

They have always mined for themselves and been at least 5 steps ahead of the public.  Bitmain is only 2 steps ahead of the public.

July 9, 2016:

Bitfury CEO Valery Vavilov, who estimates electricity makes up between 90 and 95 percent of bitcoin mining costs, says one way his firm stays competitive is by making its own hardware.

He also says the company, founded in 2011, is prepared for the mining reward cut. "We're prepared - we already went through one halving event in 2012," he said. "You can forecast this...so you have time to prepare, and if you're prepared you can live quite easily."
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: