Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How will halving affect the value?  (Read 19664 times)
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:34:05 PM

I think the price will increase with high numbers when the halving has been done.
Its pretty difficult to say whats gonna happen but I think it will happen at the end.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneyChanger

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 03:50:39 PM

everything is possible, but if we look back at history, he will probably rise in price..
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:05:35 AM

everything is possible, but if we look back at history, he will probably rise in price..

we don't really know how halving affects, but as we can see the bitcoins progress, it goes down a little and go up, but  if you look at the total progress, you can see that it is  drawing a line going up little by little and spike up in halving.. Smiley But who knows..

sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:08:01 AM

miner will get lower bitcoin, then miner will think to buying more bitcoin then mine without reach ROI Roll Eyes
also miner will hold his bitcoin to reach ROI  Wink
Mulzatas

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:07:34 PM

miner will get lower bitcoin, then miner will think to buying more bitcoin then mine without reach ROI Roll Eyes

Miners will not buy  more. They are the net seller. They have to cover their cost by selling.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:11:24 PM

Miners will not buy  more. They are the net seller. They have to cover their cost by selling.

Miners are indeed sellers. I am fairly sure that they have been saving up their coins to sell once the price reaches a decent price level just before or after the block halving. I think they will be one of the parties driving the price down significantly.
LsHallo

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:33:21 PM

With all these hype regarding the pump at the halving I'm beginning to see a lot of people will be disappointed when the time comes.

Yes i think like you too. I think, that mining is going to be unprofitable for the majority of miners that have a private mine and even some businesses. So i think this loose of investors is going to decrease the price a bit where it will hover for auite some time until the next pump. Then it may hover a bit higher than before.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 08:43:06 PM

Mining hardware will be offered for a low price...

I lose with my U2...
because I mine only 300 satoshi or so per day.
if after halving I mine only 200 satoshi or so per day...no problem for me.
BUT:
the ones who mine 3BTC per day with let's suppose 2.5BTC fees...
if after halving they only mine 2 BTC and have same fees...it will not be the same story for them.

miakama

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:25:41 PM

The halving will reduce the fresh supply of bitcoin from 3600 to 1800 per day. So the price will rise.
Mulzatas

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:26:21 PM

Miners are indeed sellers. I am fairly sure that they have been saving up their coins to sell once the price reaches a decent price level just before or after the block halving. I think they will be one of the parties driving the price down significantly.

yes. The miners will save some of their coins. They could believe that the bitcoin price will rise in the future.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:43:13 PM

The halving will reduce the fresh supply of bitcoin from 3600 to 1800 per day. So the price will rise.

Assuming that demand continues to rise faster than the supply.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:45:18 PM

yeah but not for the reason you're believing in this post

the price will rise because of the hype and manipulation
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:34:54 PM

The price will jump if I'm right about the halving, I think the halving will let the price increase with a huge jump after this jump its gonna lower a bit and than be stable for a couple months.
Its a prediction so do not blame me if this is not gonna happen but this are my thoughts about it.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:53:56 PM

The price will jump if I'm right about the halving, I think the halving will let the price increase with a huge jump after this jump its gonna lower a bit and than be stable for a couple months.
Its a prediction so do not blame me if this is not gonna happen but this are my thoughts about it.

Perhaps you could explain what your prediction is based on. In the recent Litecoin halving, the price rose dramatically before the halving and then plummeted immediately after the halving. In the previous Bitcoin halving, the price rose steadily before the halving but then flattened out after the halving.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:34:29 PM

why not see the situation so:
it is just a base to talk about.
the more bitcoins are created the less bitcoins are worth.

if 1000 BTC per block would be created then the price would decrease...
If only 12.5 BTC per block are created...then "perhaps" the price would decrease less...but would decrease...

So why could the price halving after halving not decrease but deacrease less...
it is not because after the first halving the price has increased that it will be so for ever after each halving.

We are all only in the optic where the bitcoin price go up go up go up...
But this is not a certitude...why should it be so?

praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:35:06 PM

I also see this not happening at all but we will see it after the halving has been really done, you never know what will happen with the bitcoin of course.
We will see it after the halving and I think the halving will affect the value for sure but also affect the community I think the community will get bigger because of it, everyone want to make some profit right ?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
kacak41

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:13:23 AM

I think the value would be go much higher before the halving and would remain stable after halving for a certain period of time, but after halving the price would be relatively go lower thats a feeling I have.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:00:30 AM

I think the value would be go much higher before the halving and would remain stable after halving for a certain period of time, but after halving the price would be relatively go lower thats a feeling I have.

No I think this is not gonna happen I think the bitcoin will be stable after the halving has been done, its of course difficult to say because you do not know what the market is gonna do these days or in  about a half year.
Maybe the halving will let the bitcoin collapse its really possible.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:33:46 PM

why not see the situation so:
it is just a base to talk about.
the more bitcoins are created the less bitcoins are worth.

if 1000 BTC per block would be created then the price would decrease...
If only 12.5 BTC per block are created...then "perhaps" the price would decrease less...but would decrease...

So why could the price halving after halving not decrease but deacrease less...
it is not because after the first halving the price has increased that it will be so for ever after each halving.

We are all only in the optic where the bitcoin price go up go up go up...
But this is not a certitude...why should it be so?

People are constantly buying though so the demands still is increasing when halving is going. Exchange sites are selling them for more than its real value and so price could go up. but who knows.  Grin

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 02:54:41 PM

i think as most of us are already expecting bitcoin price will go up but how much is not clear to me right now but i think if it is anything like the last bubble this time it would be twice as big because there is more users using bitcoin.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: