Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:30:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term OIL  (Read 91736 times)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:22:34 PM

The question is not about why the price of crude oil isn't peaking as expected, while it doesn't even grow let alone peaking, and it is not clear according to whom it is expected to be peaking, either. The question is essentially about oil running dry, but since the consumption is still growing (though slowly) and as you say yourself current supply is outstripping demand (which also grows just because consumption directly determines demand), this necessarily implies that the availability of crude oil cannot possibly be decreasing by any means...

I fixed the formatting for you, and I hope you will fix it in your post too

Thanks for fixing the formatting... I unwittingly left out some lines I think!

One explanation is that price is really determined by those willing to buy it, and less and less the cartels like OPEC.

1. Now if consumers know for a fact that stockpiles are growing, they can just keep putting quotes for the low prices that can guarantee these stockpiles ship out.
2. Oil has to be cheap to compete with alternative energy... biofuel is increasingly getting cheaper, while oil exploration is increasingly costlier. Oil price has to be attractive to buyers who have growing list of alternative options now.
3. Scarcity plays a factor but only if the commodity retains value. Bitcoin, for example, has a max limit of coins and potentially when all have been mined, each satoshi becomes pricier. But if, and only if, people continue to value bitcoin. Theoretically if DOGE is a better (and limitless) alternative, for example, then bitcoin is not worth its price. In the case of oil, it can no longer be the commodity it once was. It is still highly valuable to developing economies but it is not unforeseeable that in 50 years, the developed world will no longer need oil. Today, already, some economies are planning to completely wean off oil dependency.

This isn't to say oil cannot again hit 100$. It's still fast to produce and there is ready tech to use it quickly and on massive scales. The pattern of history shows that oil must peak again, just not now.

So you are essentially claiming that the price of crude oil is determined by the buyers, i.e. it is a buyers market on the whole, right? But this just means that there is a lot of supply which is in direct contradiction with the claim that the availability of oil is decreasing. In fact, how on Earth it can be decreasing if its supply outstrips demand? Personally, I would rather consider this fact as an evidence that oil becomes more available, and since it is more available while demand for it is increasing as well, we can't claim either that this increase in availability is only relative, not absolute...

What do I miss in my considerations?

Look how oil gets produced today and 50 years ago.
The percentage of offshore and shale oil increased by a lot. It wouldnt have increased if we had big 1$ wells everywhere like in the middle east and russia.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 03:31:04 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 03:41:12 PM by deisik

Hydrogen is also a natural gas

And I'm almost certain that they are using liquid hydrogen, not hydrogen fuel cells (judging by the time it takes to refill one truck, i.e. 15 minutes). As I get it, no fuel cells could possibly provide this range of operation for a semi-truck with six powerful electric motors. Hydrogen is the best fuel available out there which could be burned...

So we can just sit and wait till one of these hydrogen stations spectacularly blows up in flames

Hydrogen doesnt exist as a natural gas

Does it exist as an unnatural gas? 90% of the whole Universe consists of it. If something is to be called natural, hydrogen unreservedly is at the top

Just show us a place where you can win natural hydrogen gas lol

Deisik you are just stupid stop telling bs.

Or are you talking about mankind driving to the next proto planetary nebula? Roll Eyes

There is no need to go to other planets

Large quantities of free hydrogen are accumulated beneath the seafloor, which is produced through chemical reaction of seawater with rocks composed of serpentine group minerals. So there is absolutely no reason to think of molecular hydrogen H2 as of some unnatural substance that doesn't exist on or in Earth. Besides, there is also some free hydrogen in atmosphere, specifically in its upper part. It is something about 1/2 part per million, which is a small amount indeed but I guess that will suffice to bring you peace of mind

So you are essentially claiming that the price of crude oil is determined by the buyers, i.e. it is a buyers market on the whole, right? But this just means that there is a lot of supply which is in direct contradiction with the claim that the availability of oil is decreasing. In fact, how on Earth it can be decreasing if its supply outstrips demand? Personally, I would rather consider this fact as an evidence that oil becomes more available, and since it is more available while demand for it is increasing as well, we can't claim either that this increase in availability is only relative, not absolute...

The percentage of offshore and shale oil increased by a lot. It wouldnt have increased if we had big 1$ wells everywhere like in the middle east and russia.

And so what?

ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:32:00 PM

this now Opec country public policy always reduce produce oil
because oil price is low
i think next year oil price can incraese again
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:53:13 PM

And I'm almost certain that they are using liquid hydrogen, not hydrogen fuel cells (judging by the time it takes to refill one truck, i.e. 15 minutes). As I get it, no fuel cells could possibly provide this range of operation for a semi-truck with six powerful electric motors. Hydrogen is the best fuel available out there which could be burned...

So we can just sit and wait till one of these hydrogen stations spectacularly blows up in flames

Hydrogen doesnt exist as a natural gas

Does it exist as an unnatural gas? 90% of the whole Universe consists of it. If something is to be called natural, hydrogen unreservedly is at the top

Or are you talking about mankind driving to the next proto planetary nebula? Roll Eyes

Large quantities of free hydrogen are accumulated beneath the seafloor, which is produced through chemical reaction of seawater with rocks composed of serpentine group minerals. So there is absolutely no reason to think of molecular hydrogen H2 as of some unnatural substance that doesn't exist on or in Earth. Besides, there is also some free hydrogen in atmosphere, specifically in its upper part. It is something about 1/2 part per million, which is a small amount indeed but I guess that will suffice to bring you peace of mind

And so what?

Atleast try to read the stuff you google.

https://nicholas.duke.edu/about/news/oceans-may-be-large-overlooked-source-hydrogen-gas

This is a model. There is no evidence that this is true else we would have already started to get hydrogen from their.
The majority of hydrogen on planet earth is bound (99,99%).
You dont have elementary hydrogen existing as a natural gas.
Until now there is no known process or location where you can find it on earth.
This is the main reason why we dont use hydrogen as a energy source. Fact.

Oil:

If we had abudance of oil then there would be no problem finding new cheap oil wells which doesnt happen.
Instead we have to drill offshore in the deep sea or produce shale oil which is up to 600++% more expensive.

Logic...

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 03:59:02 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 08:32:23 PM by deisik

https://nicholas.duke.edu/about/news/oceans-may-be-large-overlooked-source-hydrogen-gas

This is a model. There is no evidence that this is true else we would have already started to get hydrogen from their.

Oh, really? What about you yourself reading the stuff you link?

Recent discoveries of free hydrogen gas, which was once thought to be very rare, have been made near slow-spreading tectonic plates deep beneath Earth’s continents and under the sea

If we had abudance of oil then there would be no problem finding new cheap oil wells which doesnt happen.
Instead we have to drill offshore in the deep sea or produce shale oil which is up to 600++% more expensive

You seem to be confusing a lot of things

The fact that there is no more easy oil doesn't in the least mean there is no more oil at large. But this is basically irrelevant to the matter in question. We have (1) increasing oil consumption coupled with (2) prices substantially below their long-term mean values. You have to somehow reconcile these two real world facts with the claim that the availability of crude oil is decreasing (also note that no one talks about abundance of oil except you)

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:45:18 PM

Oh, really? What about you yourself reading the stuff you link?

Recent discoveries of free hydrogen gas, which was once thought to be very rare, have been made near slow-spreading tectonic plates deep beneath Earth’s continents and under the sea

Instead we have to drill offshore in the deep sea or produce shale oil which is up to 600++% more expensive

You seem to be confusing a lot things

The fact that there is no more easy oil doesn't in the least mean there is no more oil at large. But this is basically irrelevant to the matter in question. We have (1) increasing oil consumption coupled with (2) prices substantially below their long-term mean values. You have to somehow reconcile these two real world facts with the claim that the availability of crude oil is decreasing (also note that no one talks about abundance of oil except you)

Hydrogen:

I think you just really lack the intelligence to understand.
They found some traces of hydrogen under fast-spreading tectonic plates and made the theory/mathematical model about slow-spreading tectonic plates.
There is no evidence yet that there are huge hydrogen sources under the slow spreading tectonic plates.

Oil:

You wrote this:

But this just means that there is a lot of supply which is in direct contradiction with the claim that the availability of oil is decreasing. In fact, how on Earth it can be decreasing if its supply outstrips demand? Personally, I would rather consider this fact as an evidence that oil becomes more available, and since it is more available while demand for it is increasing as well, we can't claim either that this increase in availability is only relative, not absolute...

When we talk about oil price short-term it is about economical supply and demand. And because right now supply outstrips demand we have lower oil prices.

Long term the oil supply goes down and if the demand stays or increases the price goes up.

And because we dont have and abudance of oil especially easy oil this will become a huge problem in the future.

What else dont you understand?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 05:07:28 PM

Hydrogen:

I think you just really lack the intelligence to understand.
They found some traces of hydrogen under fast-spreading tectonic plates and made the theory/mathematical model about slow-spreading tectonic plates.
There is no evidence yet that there are huge hydrogen sources under the slow spreading tectonic plates

If I lack the intelligence to understand, you lack the intelligence to read

Since you just don't know how much they found, to begin with. But it is ultimately irrelevant, since it has been known since long ago that there is enough free hydrogen stuck in the Earth crust. There may not be such gigantic gas fields like those containing methane and other natural gases, but there is more than enough molecular hydrogen dissipated in the crust. There are quite a few chemical reactions that produce free hydrogen. Wtf, a natural nuclear reactor has been found in Africa, and now you talk about hydrogen not being a naturally occurring gas

Long term the oil supply goes down and if the demand stays or increases the price goes up

These are mostly meaningless speculations (just like about the Sun going to die one day) since you don't provide any specific dates and terms while I talk about what we have right now. See the difference?

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:15:55 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 05:33:55 PM by criptix

I forgive you because u just lack the knowlegde.

I am correct and you are wrong.

There is no free hydrogen known so far else we would have already taken it.
The only reason why we dont use hydrogen is that we have to produce it by splitting it up and that cost more energy then it can produce.
There is just no elementary hydrogen we can harvest.

You are right now saying that ice is a liquid dear.

Oil:

If there doesnt exist a abiogenic process of creating oil it is correct what i say.

/edit

I told you what is happening short-term. What didnt you understand?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 08:43:23 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 10:06:52 PM by deisik

It's kinda more interesting to find out why you can't still grasp that we are not talking about short or long terms. Just in case, we are talking about the current situation, and the poster which first said about decreasing availability of crude oil now (i.e. present time) seems to be no longer claiming that (because facts are obviously not confirming that claim). Other than that, you should make up your mind finally what you are claiming yourself, i.e. short vs long term...

But, as I said, your forecasts are out of scope of this discussion, independent of their time horizon or accuracy (or lack thereof)

jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:08:57 PM

investing in oil is good idea .but u should not invest it more than 30 years from now .because 50 percent of the energ resources in the world would depend on renewable resources and the cars would all be electric cars and electric stations would be installed in quite a few place .

the truth is that oil will be in deemand FOREVER.  "tesla" is just a HOAX.
AND one general reason WHY. Simply cuz oil - is one of the cheapest available energy sources on planet!!!!

Meet the first hydrogen-electric semi-truck, Nikola One

According to the company's data, this truck features six electric motors, each wheel being powered by its own motor. The car is expected to operate in the range of up to 1,200 miles, and the company is going to manufacture around 5,500 such trucks by 2020. Since hydrogen cells are hard to come by, the company is also planning to build over 360 hydrogen stations in the US and Canada (which other hydrogen-powered cars can use as well). It is estimated that one truck should take approximately 15-20 minutes to refill...

And I guess the truck name comes from Nicola Tesla

This is interesting, especially the range of 1200 miles. However, I'm skeptical of fuel cell technology. Companies have been promising this technology forever, but it's never been cheap enough to be a viable alternative. I don't anticipate t becoming so for the trucking industry either. Natural gas is a far easier, cheaper, and likely technology, and there are already companies in the US serving that emerging trend, including Clean Energy Fuels, and Westport engines. Natural gas is already viable as a fuel alternative, and cheaper than diesel even in this repressed oil price environment.

I figured it was fuel cells because that's the only way I've ever seen hydrogen referenced as a fuel source for vehicles. (It is a natural gas, but not "natural gas," which itself refers to a specific fuel already.) I suppose the range would be dependent on on many fuel cells they can cram into the vehicle, and also, I'm assuming the motors on each wheel also have electric generators that recapture kinetic energy when the vehicle slows down, which further increases range. All current electric and hybrid vehicles already use this technology, I'm assuming it would be the same for fuel cells too.

jaysabi
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:12:57 PM

investing in oil is good idea .but u should not invest it more than 30 years from now .because 50 percent of the energ resources in the world would depend on renewable resources and the cars would all be electric cars and electric stations would be installed in quite a few place .

the truth is that oil will be in deemand FOREVER.  "tesla" is just a HOAX.
AND one general reason WHY. Simply cuz oil - is one of the cheapest available energy sources on planet!!!!
Really crazy people will base their production businesses, factories, on something more expensive than already existing cheap power sources.
One day oil could be replaced even with another cheaper energy source - nuclear. But for obvious reasons not soon.

Electric cars could be good for some consumers who dosen't care about their money or, very suggestible by advertising or, motivated by a fashion but that's a niche which will never reach a masses.

P.S.
Want to go green? go LPG

Tesla is a hoax how? Oil is finite. One thing for certain is there will be a day where oil can no longer power the world economy. That may be 70 years in the future, or it may be longer. But a transition to alternative fuel for transportation is eventually necessary. Electricity is the most likely replacement for large-scale energy consumption. Tesla is not a hoax. It's just the first attempt at wide availability for the future of transportation power.
yes no doubt that the availability of crude oil is continuously decreasing and not doubt that a time is coming when there will be no oil in this world therefore the replacement of oil is necessary, but i think already in the backward countries there is shortage of electricity, they how can they replace electricity for oil. it will was a big problem for them.

Technology has improved to the point where previously inaccessible oil is now being harvested. It's not currently the case that oil availability is decreasing (in fact, it is currently increasing), but we know that there will be a point where availability will decrease, because we know it is finite. The key is to transition away from oil before you have to because there is none left.

jaysabi
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:25:02 PM

The only reason why we dont use hydrogen is that we have to produce it by splitting it up and that cost more energy then it can produce.

Why would you need to harvest pure hydrogen when it is so easy to create? By electrolizing water, you strip the oxygen out and are left with pure hydrogen. Whether or not it yields as much energy as it takes to create it is really irrelevant since the purpose of using hydrogen as a fuel source is not to have a net gain of energy, but to reduce the amount of carbon and other pollution in the atmosphere created by burning oil for transportation. By using electricity from solar or wind, you further cut down on the atmospheric effects (and cost) of electrolizing the water to create the hydrogen, which again, is the point of using hydrogen as a fuel source for vehicles in the first place.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 09:33:39 PM

Meet the first hydrogen-electric semi-truck, Nikola One

According to the company's data, this truck features six electric motors, each wheel being powered by its own motor. The car is expected to operate in the range of up to 1,200 miles, and the company is going to manufacture around 5,500 such trucks by 2020. Since hydrogen cells are hard to come by, the company is also planning to build over 360 hydrogen stations in the US and Canada (which other hydrogen-powered cars can use as well). It is estimated that one truck should take approximately 15-20 minutes to refill...

And I guess the truck name comes from Nicola Tesla

This is interesting, especially the range of 1200 miles. However, I'm skeptical of fuel cell technology. Companies have been promising this technology forever, but it's never been cheap enough to be a viable alternative. I don't anticipate t becoming so for the trucking industry either. Natural gas is a far easier, cheaper, and likely technology, and there are already companies in the US serving that emerging trend, including Clean Energy Fuels, and Westport engines. Natural gas is already viable as a fuel alternative, and cheaper than diesel even in this repressed oil price environment.

I figured it was fuel cells because that's the only way I've ever seen hydrogen referenced as a fuel source for vehicles. (It is a natural gas, but not "natural gas," which itself refers to a specific fuel already.) I suppose the range would be dependent on on many fuel cells they can cram into the vehicle, and also, I'm assuming the motors on each wheel also have electric generators that recapture kinetic energy when the vehicle slows down, which further increases range. All current electric and hybrid vehicles already use this technology, I'm assuming it would be the same for fuel cells too.

But 1,200 miles is almost 2,000 kilometers

Is it ever possible for a fuel cell to accomplish? Most likely, they refer to an unloaded truck, i.e. just truck itself without a truck trailer. Regarding using liquid hydrogen, Wiki says that concept vehicles have been built using liquid hydrogen as fuel. I guess this truck is also a sort of concept "art". Maybe, it just hasn't yet made it into Wikipedia...

"Natural gas" itself (as a specific kind of fuel) is a mixture of a few gases, not just methane alone

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:02:00 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 10:41:33 PM by criptix

It' kinda more interesting to find out why you can't still grasp that we are not talking about short or long terms. Just in case, we are talking about the current situation, and the poster which first said about decreasing availability of crude oil now (i.e. present time) seems to be no longer claiming that (because facts are obviously not confirming that claim). Other than that, you should make up your mind finally what you are claiming yourself, i.e. short vs long term...

But, as I said, your forecasts are out of scope of this discussion, independent of their time horizon or accuracy (or lack thereof)

Really hard to understand stuff in context right?

Short-term = currently

Long-term = future

Duh... you are grasping at straws and are sidestepping my arguments.

Why would you need to harvest pure hydrogen when it is so easy to create? By electrolizing water, you strip the oxygen out and are left with pure hydrogen. Whether or not it yields as much energy as it takes to create it is really irrelevant since the purpose of using hydrogen as a fuel source is not to have a net gain of energy, but to reduce the amount of carbon and other pollution in the atmosphere created by burning oil for transportation. By using electricity from solar or wind, you further cut down on the atmospheric effects (and cost) of electrolizing the water to create the hydrogen, which again, is the point of using hydrogen as a fuel source for vehicles in the first place.

It is about economic viability not about the method of how to create elementary hydrogen.
If that wouldnt be the case we would have had solarpanels and wind turbines everywhere and on top of that an already working hydrogen infrastructure.

Like i said hydrogen is not per se a energy source but a energy carrier.

Using liquid hydrogen is much easier because you nearly dont have to change the existing infrastructure  (cars and gasoline station) at all.

In the future if we have fusion and better technologies (i.e. more efficient) for renewables hydrogen will play an important role (e.g. liquid hydrogen vs electric batteries).

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 10:19:57 PM

The price of oil could recover by 2017 but never expect for a price we reached during 2012 to 2014 but the decisions of OPEC countries would determine the fate of oil and its price.They did not reduce the production when the price was bombing and so is the reason it failed to recover till this time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 08:33:12 AM

The price of oil could recover by 2017 but never expect for a price we reached during 2012 to 2014 but the decisions of OPEC countries would determine the fate of oil and its price.They did not reduce the production when the price was bombing and so is the reason it failed to recover till this time.

During the big fall in prices, OPEC did not reach an agreement on cutting production because it would benefit American shale oil producers. At that point, Saudi Arabia wanted to focus on market share. Things have changed now and OPEC has agreed to restrict production. Whether members will stick to the plan is a different question altogether.

Weatherby

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 12:45:16 PM

During the big fall in prices, OPEC did not reach an agreement on cutting production because it would benefit American shale oil producers. At that point, Saudi Arabia wanted to focus on market share. Things have changed now and OPEC has agreed to restrict production. Whether members will stick to the plan is a different question altogether.

Small nations were already trying to restrict the production of oil and wanted to increase the price while Saudi was against it citing different reasons and now they knew if they didnt cut down the production then they will not recover from this mess and so it might be the reason for the change of heart.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 07:03:50 AM

Small nations were already trying to restrict the production of oil and wanted to increase the price while Saudi was against it citing different reasons and now they knew if they didnt cut down the production then they will not recover from this mess and so it might be the reason for the change of heart.

Nations such as Venezuela and Angola were desperate for a production cut in 2014 and 2015, but the Saudis were adamant in their refusal for any cutback in production. Now with their Forex reserves evaporating at an alarming pace, the Saudis want to cap the production. But unfortunately for them, it is the US frackers who hold the key now. The days of the OPEC are over.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 07:54:07 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2016, 12:45:33 PM by deisik

It' kinda more interesting to find out why you can't still grasp that we are not talking about short or long terms. Just in case, we are talking about the current situation, and the poster which first said about decreasing availability of crude oil now (i.e. present time) seems to be no longer claiming that (because facts are obviously not confirming that claim). Other than that, you should make up your mind finally what you are claiming yourself, i.e. short vs long term...

Short-term = currently

You may want to consult a dictionary

Nations such as Venezuela and Angola were desperate for a production cut in 2014 and 2015, but the Saudis were adamant in their refusal for any cutback in production. Now with their Forex reserves evaporating at an alarming pace, the Saudis want to cap the production. But unfortunately for them, it is the US frackers who hold the key now. The days of the OPEC are over.

There may be a lot of factors at play

I think that with the current price of crude oil over 50 dollars per barrel the Saudis should be more than happy. Yes, I know that their budget is balanced at around 90 dollars, but it is not the price of oil which seems to be playing the most important role in this game of thrones. My guess is that Trump won't be very friendly toward them up to a point of withdrawing military bases from Saudi Arabia. And that would mean the end of the royal family eventually given how much they are hated in the Islamic world (and elsewhere, for that matter)

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 04:00:32 PM

Short-term = currently

You may want to consult a dictionary

Yeah look up what the meaning of context and dumb as fuck is. LOL

Pretty shitty that google doesnt has the answer to everything right?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: