Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And some more delays in BFL shipment plans / no shipment before 14th Jan 2013  (Read 22690 times)
bce

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 09:39:33 PM

The main cause of delays is initial optimism -  BFL is doing this from scratch, so it's even more of a challenge.  For the first ASIC generation of devices, these delays from BFL may actually do good for the mining ecosystem, by allowing competitors with initial late release dates to also have enough sales to make it worth having invested in product development.  Out of the delays, I'm sure the BFL SC line will be more polished than what was originally planned.  Until then, the website appearance isn't really a priority, and that's what I meant above.  For me, it'd be scary if there wasn't a product starting to ship, and the website was 100% awesome.   
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 10:14:37 PM

I have found compelling evidence that oranges make a less than optimal artificial heart.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 11:49:08 PM

The main cause of delays is initial optimism -  BFL is doing this from scratch, so it's even more of a challenge.

Ah the ole ASICs is HARD excuse...think it's played out. FPGAs was HARD too, resulting in delays. Perhaps BFL should design something easy, some nice flowerpots for instance.

Sure they could collect zero interest loans in April and...ah never mind. Tongue

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:03:15 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2012, 05:19:42 AM by Starlightbreaker

Perhaps BFL should design something easy, some nice flowerpots for instance.

or a mining proxy that allows you to purchase shares, or something along that line.

superfastkyle

Activity: 437

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:27:40 AM

One, the current website is Wordpress and I loathe Wordpress thus I tend to avoid trying to update it.
Two, the new website should be rolled out soon, so updating the old one has taken a back seat to other issues. See point one.

Good thing Inaba isn't a programmer
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:54:09 AM

One, the current website is Wordpress and I loathe Wordpress thus I tend to avoid trying to update it.
Two, the new website should be rolled out soon, so updating the old one has taken a back seat to other issues. See point one.

Uh, he is, just not that kind of programmer. Actually by most accounts of the people whom complain about his pool...not a very good one.
bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 07:37:59 AM

Maybe he deliberately wrote code that would crash this thread?   Seems to be working so far.
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 07:47:51 AM

If the 14th january is the date, than we just have more time to heat our homes Cheesy
bitboyben

Activity: 330

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 08:39:41 AM

Don't forget the contest!

Why did I sell at $5! Come back to me my old bitcoin! 1GjeBGS4KrxKAeEVt8d1fTnuKgpKpMmL6S
If you don't like the price of BTC come back in 8 hours.
creativex

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:20:48 PM

It doesn't seem to make any difference to some that pre-ordered ASICs months ago how much their supplier devalues the product they receive. It matters to me. I pre-ordered one unit in mid October and added a second in late November and if those products are delayed for three months I'll be p1issed. YMMV.

Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 07:31:53 PM

I pre-ordered one unit in mid October and added a second in late November and if those products are delayed for three months I'll be p1issed.

Just take the little blue asshamster pill and go to tranquilized BFL forums lala land. Where fairies poop Bitcoin dust and ASICs are made out of Unicorn blood.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
creativex

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 07:39:54 PM

No thanks. Smiley The goings on in the BTCFPGA forums of late have been creepy enough for my liking and they don't seem to have multiple sockpuppets posting pro vendor blather all over and attacking anyone that's rightfully skeptical.

I used to visit BFL forums, but it's just a cheerleading circus now, with little reason for existing aside from propaganda dispersal.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 07:47:55 PM

Uh, he is, just not that kind of programmer. Actually by most accounts of the people whom complain about his pool...not a very good one.

Wow, he operates a pool, works for BFL on ASICs or something, and still finds time to troll the forums daily.

If only I had that much energy.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 01:04:54 AM

Wow, he operates a pool, works for BFL on ASICs or something, and still finds time to troll the forums daily.

If only I had that much energy.

I hear demanding the entire internet respect you while at the same time being the biggest ass hat possible is quite exhausting.

2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 02:34:57 AM

Quote from: BFL_Josh @ butterflylabs.com
After talking with our liaison tonight and still having not received a final confirmation date, we were as tired of this as everyone else is, so we continued to push for a date and they gave us 30 days from today.  That's my update.

Sad but true... Next year... maybe Sad

creativex

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:42:12 AM

Link?

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 02:55:11 AM

Quote from: BFL_Josh @ butterflylabs.com
After talking with our liaison tonight and still having not received a final confirmation date, we were as tired of this as everyone else is, so we continued to push for a date and they gave us 30 days from today.  That's my update.

Sad but true... Next year... maybe Sad

and that's when the chips arrive, not even assembled yet.

creativex

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 03:01:10 AM

10 Dec 2012 BFL ASIC Update
After talking with our liaison tonight and still having not received a final confirmation date, we were as tired of this as everyone else is, so we continued to push for a date and they gave us 30 days from today. That's my update. It's an update I'm not happy about at this point and it may very well be that things will wrap up sooner than that. I am hoping I was just given a date that they would be sure to be ready by so we would get off their case. When pressed for a reason why, I have been told that because this is a very dense, hand routed design they are afraid of making a mistake and have required extra checking and sign offs which has slowed down the whole process considerably. They don't want to be on the hook financially for having to redo the whole order. It sounds reasonable to me and I have no reason to doubt this, but it doesn't make it any more palatable at the moment.

That said, after reviewing the new information coming out of the bASIC camp and the Avalon camp, I'm pretty convinced we won't see a shipping product on their current timelines either, or at least not a product that is at the specs they have given. Unless they have significant information they are not sharing in their released information so far, I suspect they are going to run into some of the same problems we have run into and have resolved, which has caused our delays. This does not excuse the fact that we are delayed again, by any means. I just want to point out that this process (developing ASICs) is not a trivial process and there are bound to be bumps in the road, which everyone, including us, are experiencing right now. Be that as it may, as usual we will gladly honor any refund requests on orders people have placed with BFL. If you wish to cancel your order and request a refund, please email office@butterflylabs.com with your order number and customer service will be happy to accommodate you.

I apologize for this new delay and I am exceptionally displeased at the moment (to put it mildly). I am hoping for better news at some point in the near future, but I am not counting on it right now. I don't have any additional information at this time; I have pushed for as much information as I could get and this is what I received so far. I'm afraid of running into the soup ASIC nazi.

End of January then? Perhaps.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/519-10-dec-2012-bfl-asic-update.html

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2012, 04:15:03 AM

10 Dec 2012 BFL ASIC Update
After talking with our liaison tonight and still having not received a final confirmation date, we were as tired of this as everyone else is, so we continued to push for a date and they gave us 30 days from today. That's my update. It's an update I'm not happy about at this point and it may very well be that things will wrap up sooner than that. I am hoping I was just given a date that they would be sure to be ready by so we would get off their case. When pressed for a reason why, I have been told that because this is a very dense, hand routed design they are afraid of making a mistake and have required extra checking and sign offs which has slowed down the whole process considerably. They don't want to be on the hook financially for having to redo the whole order. It sounds reasonable to me and I have no reason to doubt this, but it doesn't make it any more palatable at the moment.

That said, after reviewing the new information coming out of the bASIC camp and the Avalon camp, I'm pretty convinced we won't see a shipping product on their current timelines either, or at least not a product that is at the specs they have given. Unless they have significant information they are not sharing in their released information so far, I suspect they are going to run into some of the same problems we have run into and have resolved, which has caused our delays. This does not excuse the fact that we are delayed again, by any means. I just want to point out that this process (developing ASICs) is not a trivial process and there are bound to be bumps in the road, which everyone, including us, are experiencing right now. Be that as it may, as usual we will gladly honor any refund requests on orders people have placed with BFL. If you wish to cancel your order and request a refund, please email office@butterflylabs.com with your order number and customer service will be happy to accommodate you.

I apologize for this new delay and I am exceptionally displeased at the moment (to put it mildly). I am hoping for better news at some point in the near future, but I am not counting on it right now. I don't have any additional information at this time; I have pushed for as much information as I could get and this is what I received so far. I'm afraid of running into the soup ASIC nazi.

End of January then? Perhaps.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/519-10-dec-2012-bfl-asic-update.html

And in 5...4...3... somebody is going to come along and cry that their kids aren't going to have a 2012 Christmas because the profits won't be made from the ASIC mining rig they were planning to have up and running under the Blue Spruce in front of the big picture window facing 123 Elm St.
creativex

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 04:16:35 AM

Thanks for blowing my Christmas Carol rev 2.1 plot buddy!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: